AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-07, 23:42   Link #421
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Not just steal it, but USE it.

A magic-drinking sword might be just the thing to balance the scales against an opponent like Arf or Yuuno, who would be more of a challenge than Saito.
Hey! I like this idea. If Mathilde uses Derflinger first then Arf will be in trouble and also will notice how damn usefull the sword is and i don't think Arf would mind "looting" a defeated adversary xD!
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:07   Link #422
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Even better.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 01:48   Link #423
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Not just steal it, but USE it.

A magic-drinking sword might be just the thing to balance the scales against an opponent like Arf or Yuuno, who would be more of a challenge than Saito.
Well, that's an interesting idea. The only question is how to make Derflinger end up in the hands of Mathilda.

I have a theory. Someone in the Academy accidentally stumbled upon a very intelligent sword shortly before the story, and decided that it was an interesting artifact. Talking weapons are rare, after all.

Then , Mathilda steals it, along with the Vanilla Staff of Destruction. That staff has only one shot, unfortunately and Mathilda completely misses a very hyper agile Arf. She resorts to using the sword. To bad that requires her to get close to Arf. And AMF does not affect Strike Arts as badly as other ranged magics, so after twenty seconds of hand to hand combat, Arf outmaneuvers Mathilda and hits her from behind, and takes the talking sword away from her, and knocks her out with the flat edge of the sword. Bonus if Arf casts struggle bind, hampering Mathilda's mobility till she becomes a sitting duck against Arf.

Especially if Arf has no access to her shooting spells initially, due to problems connecting and adapting her lightning affinity main battle spells to Louise's unusual zero affinity.

Realizing she has a portable, AMF Device which exhibits the same levels of awareness of an Intelligence Device, she convinces Louise to claim the artifact as a reward for their efforts against Mathilda. She plays on the fact that Louise intends on getting a proper weapon for Arf anyway, for appearance sake rather than gauntlets.

In my first draft I put on the fanfiction forums, I had Arf come in with an Intelligence Device of her own. Unfortunately, it's not optimized for combat, and she has alot of problems invoking it's more advanced forms, again because Louise's magic is very unusual and requires work to get use to. So initially, she has to use the Hax Derflinger AMF to win the day against Wardes, and a hypothetical Tabitha duel. She can't simply shoot them to bits while evading all spells flung at her since Louise is having problems supplying her with that kind of mana to engage in beam-spam, at first, and since she has to adapt Louise's strange affinities and magic system to her spells.

Once she get's her device working properly though, she decides to train Louise on the use of Derflinger, because of the painfully long cast time of most of Louise's spells. Nothing like a good AMF to protect the artillery.

Here's another idea. Could Derflinger and the Founder's Prayer Book be somehow related? Perhaps part of the same general weapon system that Brimir used six millenniums ago? Only problem is, you'd need a full TSAB Lab specializing in Lost Logias to restore it to anything resembling functionality....

Hmm , a mad Louise = a Beamspamming Wolf?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 16:28   Link #424
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Especially if Arf has no access to her shooting spells initially, due to problems connecting and adapting her lightning affinity main battle spells to Louise's unusual zero affinity.
I find most of your reasoning amusing but i would like to point here that Arf seems to lack Fate's Lightning MCA, while she's able to use various of Fate's spells, those seem to lack that lightning/electricity effect that is present with those casted by the blonde. More notable in MOVIE 1st where Arf used a wider variety of shooting spells than in the original series.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 05:33   Link #425
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I find most of your reasoning amusing but i would like to point here that Arf seems to lack Fate's Lightning MCA, while she's able to use various of Fate's spells, those seem to lack that lightning/electricity effect that is present with those casted by the blonde. More notable in MOVIE 1st where Arf used a wider variety of shooting spells than in the original series.
Amusing? In a positive or negative sense?

I guess I betrayed my ignorance of parts of the Nanoha-verse, since I postulated that Familiars share their master's MCA. Until I remember Signum and her Fire MCA. But if Arf's style does not revolve around her mistress MCA and lightning preference exclusively, I'd say if she was marooned in an alien dimension with no immediate means of getting home , she'd plausibly break out some other parts of her Arsenal that she or Fate might not usually use.

For example, the Vivid technique to break binds could be use to disrupt levitations. And I'd imagine that the Water splitting trick will make an impressive show...

How plausible is a Post-Striker S (actually, Post-Force) Arf instructing Louise on some points of swordsmanship? After all, Fate is implied to be a very good swords-women (why else does she use Zanber form?), and her familiar is implied to share her abilities....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 05:59   Link #426
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Amusing? In a positive or negative sense?
Positive, i mean, i haven't tought of some of those points and i think some of those could be hard to execute smoothly but i don't deny they have some potential so i'm open to be impressed/convinced xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I guess I betrayed my ignorance of parts of the Nanoha-verse, since I postulated that Familiars share their master's MCA. Until I remember Signum and her Fire MCA. But if Arf's style does not revolve around her mistress MCA and lightning preference exclusively, I'd say if she was marooned in an alien dimension with no immediate means of getting home , she'd plausibly break out some other parts of her Arsenal that she or Fate might not usually use.
Master and Familiar in the Nanohaverse seems to share some things about style and ability but a familiar's magic don't necessary needs to be a copycat of the used by the master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
For example, the Vivid technique to break binds could be use to disrupt levitations. And I'd imagine that the Water splitting trick will make an impressive show...
To make some note on this, Fate showed some capability in bind breaking techniques on Season One(only thing that prevented said ability to truly pay off was Nanoha's Starlight Breaker). In A's both Signum and Nanoha displayed their own versions of bind breaking magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
How plausible is a Post-Striker S (actually, Post-Force) Arf instructing Louise on some points of swordsmanship? After all, Fate is implied to be a very good swords-women (why else does she use Zanber form?), and her familiar is implied to share her abilities....
Even if Arf isn't a mainstream sword user she probably have some good knowledge on the matter as she usually trained with Fate and Linith who also favored the use of blade attacks. Altough, by personal opinion i think Luise is more suited to a swrodfight style closer to a fencer, probably Arf could help her with some basic knowledge usefull for any swordfighter but they'll reach a level when Louise will need the guide of an accomplished fencer in order to advance(i don't remember much fencers in ZnT, maybe Julio? Altough i can't clrearly remeber any scene of him fighting xDU.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 07:04   Link #427
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Positive, i mean, i haven't tought of some of those points and i think some of those could be hard to execute smoothly but i don't deny they have some potential so i'm open to be impressed/convinced xD.
I'd try my best, but it'd likely be quite some time before I reach Mathilda. I'm not in a hurry. Anyway , I was wondering whether the sheer amount of Willpower/mana needed to summon something all the way from Mid-Childa to Halkagenia means that Louise is in a rather precarious state... linker core wise....

Just a slight over-exertion.... by the way , what are the other effects of Impeding Linker Core exhaustion? (Besides Nanoha's breakdown)
Quote:
Master and Familiar in the Nanohaverse seems to share some things about style and ability but a familiar's magic don't necessary needs to be a copycat of the used by the master.
Well, witness the Twin Lissette familiars. Are they even alive by Striker S?


Quote:
To make some note on this, Fate showed some capability in bind breaking techniques on Season One(only thing that prevented said ability to truly pay off was Nanoha's Starlight Breaker). In A's both Signum and Nanoha displayed their own versions of bind breaking magic.
Bind Breaking shouldn't be too much of a problem then. Even if I restricted Arf to Strike Arts only from the get go, Vivid shows techniques of breaking binds with only the Strike Arts.

Quote:
Even if Arf isn't a mainstream sword user she probably have some good knowledge on the matter as she usually trained with Fate and Linith who also favored the use of blade attacks. Altough, by personal opinion i think Luise is more suited to a swrodfight style closer to a fencer, probably Arf could help her with some basic knowledge usefull for any swordfighter but they'll reach a level when Louise will need the guide of an accomplished fencer in order to advance(i don't remember much fencers in ZnT, maybe Julio? Altough i can't clrearly remeber any scene of him fighting xDU.
Fate uses a Zweihander - a huge broad two handed sword. I wonder what blades Arf will prefer, though theoretically, the runes would be a huge help. Indeed, if she can reverse engineer, using her knowledge of swordsmanship what information is being transmitted from the runes, I'd say she would be a reasonable instructor of Louise. Of course, going beyond , and being more of a fencer probably takes the right instructors.

Oh, and the ZnT anime is , IMO , not as good a source as the Light Novels itself. There's alot axed from the Light novels.

By the way , how much more broken would the Runes make the wielding of even a support class Intelligence Device?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 07:06   Link #428
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Graham's still alive in StrikerS, so that answers your question about the twins.
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 00:13   Link #429
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
I know this may be a bit early to ask be dose anyone think it's possible to create a crossover with Nanoha universe and this new series Mouretsu Pirates?
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 03:51   Link #430
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
^Considering every other crossover out there, I'd say it's likely. Ofc it's too early since we have too little information about the world yet, but I can see it happening. Opening a wormhole, a dimensional ship takes a wrong turn, or what have you.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 01:12   Link #431
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
You know, I think I really could make Touhou and Lyrical Nanoha fit together in the same universe, at least as far as explaining the existence of youkai.

It's the gods and ghosts that gum things up.

Which is a shame, because one could write a really interesting story in which the Jewel Seeds fell into Gensokyo, touching off a dangerous disturbance in the current balance of power.

You thought the Jewel Seeds were bad with normal kittens and trees? Imagine what happens when Stage 6 bosses have those things fall in their laps.

Poor Yuuno. Not only does he need to recollect the Jewel Seeds, he needs to avoid getting zapped by that vexingly invincible miko and keep that maniacal witch from stealing Raising Heart.

And he's still only nine years old, so even the HUMANS are treating him like a child.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 01:19   Link #432
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
^ I remember someone telling me that the power level in the Touhouverse is far greater than in the Nanohaverse. do you plan on nerfing the Touhou girls or buffing the Nanoha cast?
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 01:23   Link #433
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
The Lunarians are basically Al Hazared Lite.

Eirin is like Presea, if Presea had manage to live and study magic for over 4000 years. The Brain of the Moon thus performs spells that make Presea's interdimensional ship-destroyer look like nothing.

Why would I nerf her, or the youkai race that she allegedly created?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 01:26   Link #434
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Then empower the Nanoha cast or they will have few-to-nothing to do in the Touhou setting xDU.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 01:40   Link #435
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
The Touhou cast is lazy. It doesn't matter how powerful they are if they don't DO anything.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 01:54   Link #436
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
The Touhou cast is lazy. It doesn't matter how powerful they are if they don't DO anything.
How about the villains? if they're a challenge to the touhou cast then the Nanoha cast will need a lot of help or they will get hopelessly curbstompped xDU
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 03:24   Link #437
WarpObscura
Bibliophile
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: There's this dot on the world map...
Xeelee Sequence, because when they say Starbreaker, they mean it.
__________________

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 03:36   Link #438
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
How about the villains?
Villains? We're talking about Touhou. There are no villains.

Well, the new bunch are quite possibly the exception. Religious wars, conspiracies of oppression, murder, arson, desecration of the dead...

If you're talking about Fate and Arf trying to steal the Jewel Seeds, well, I hope they pick on someone who's nice.

Pretty much, that means avoiding the Jewel Seed that landed in that field of sunflowers.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 03:51   Link #439
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nanoha Used Car Dealership. RERISE!
Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Sides, it'd be like 'Gods must be crazy' might end up being destroyed before it gets used
__________________
For those that belittle their favorite characters, complain about pairings, complain about oversexed images. Stop, thank you.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 07:10   Link #440
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Nine year old Ferret Boy means that you are limited to the cast from pre-windows games up to Perfect Cherry Blossom. And possibly Immaterial and Missing Power. Yeah, no genre savvy Sanae. Also, Yuuno won't even register in Yuuka's radar.
__________________
<a rel=nofollow href=http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=959 target=_blank>Kancolle Social Group</a>
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.