AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-28, 01:21   Link #1
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Te to Kuchi



Has anyone read the prologue? It's drawn by the same guy who made Ichigo 100% and Ane Doki. However, the author is Oosaki Tomohito so can't really expect much fanservice... there wasn't anything of the sort in the prologue either. The title of the series translates to Hand or Mouth. Whatever that means.

The first chapter comes out on May 2 Jump Sq so we can expect it soon.
__________________
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 04:44   Link #2
backbone
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Asia
Age: 23
Is it just me or that the storytelling style of this manga seems closer to shojo than shounen?
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 04:52   Link #3
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Is it just me or that the storytelling style of this manga seems closer to shojo than shounen?
That's kinda usual on the stuff that Kawashita works with. I wonder if she really doesn't have anything to do with the script? I like her works, but her take on plots which are sometimes joke driven feels kinda awkward by today's standards.

4 years later? That would mean that the main girl is married to someone else?........ I'm digging it already


Oh, and "hand to mouth" was an old saying for something like "living the easy life", it was a play on something like "the only worry was to grab food & eat it" (like some emperors from old lived), dunno if it has anything to do with the title.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 07:27   Link #4
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 26
I just hope the plot isn't so much of a rage inducer. Last I had was Ane Doki and even that still makes me rage for some reason
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 00:55   Link #5
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
We may be hearing from vansonbee soon since he liked Ichigo 100%
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 01:00   Link #6
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Oh, gee i like the art.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 01:04   Link #7
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
I just hope the plot isn't so much of a rage inducer. Last I had was Ane Doki and even that still makes me rage for some reason
Kawashita Mizuki is only the illustrator this time. She has nothing to do with the story for this one.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 03:03   Link #8
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Kawashita Mizuki is only the illustrator this time. She has nothing to do with the story for this one.
Realized that. Took a look at the one shot and pretty liked it. Gotta start hoping I can keep liking it enough to continue reading.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 03:56   Link #9
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter one came out. There's some really blatant fanservice in there for people who thought there weren't going to be any fanservice.

The characters, story, and setting are all really well done. The action scenes are well drawn too. Looking forward to seeing more updates. Is this a weekly or a monthly?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 04:16   Link #10
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Seems like they either got some bad response or planned to ditch the married bit from the prologue. Not a bad idea imo. The rest look pretty good and the mouth of the south seems to have had a tragic past as well...

IIRC it's running monthly in Jump Square...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 05:16   Link #11
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Chapter one came out. There's some really blatant fanservice in there for people who thought there weren't going to be any fanservice.

The characters, story, and setting are all really well done. The action scenes are well drawn too. Looking forward to seeing more updates. Is this a weekly or a monthly?
Seems monthly. The prologue was just a special chapter in Weekly SJ to promote it from Jump SQ.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 05:32   Link #12
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Seems like they either got some bad response or planned to ditch the married bit from the prologue.
Nah, it has been said that when a series starts there are already +3 chapters ahead before publication work wise, so the marriage deal was probably there to create false hype from the beginning (and it worked).

Also, I realized that the "Hand & Mouth" thing from the title is probably a reference to how the characters solve their problems, Rie by using muscle & Shusuke by using brains. Yes, it only took me like half a week to realize the most obvious point of the series
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:51   Link #13
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Hopefully, we can have a better story than the Ichigo 100% and Hatsukoi Limited ones.
Yep, i love the drawing but hey, she was not that good for the story.
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 13:06   Link #14
Freeter
back in style
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
Kawashita going the action route with an actual writer this time around? Maybe this one will fare better than her previous works.

If she gets desperate she can always make a Nishino lookalike with a sword
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: Gintama, JoJo, Fate, Soma, Plastic, DxD, Show by Rock
Next: Non Non Biyori, Noragami
Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 14:17   Link #15
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Nah, it has been said that when a series starts there are already +3 chapters ahead before publication work wise, so the marriage deal was probably there to create false hype from the beginning (and it worked).

Also, I realized that the "Hand & Mouth" thing from the title is probably a reference to how the characters solve their problems, Rie by using muscle & Shusuke by using brains. Yes, it only took me like half a week to realize the most obvious point of the series
Are we sure the marriage bit has been changed? The chapter 0 I read was listed as a prologue set a couple of years in the past compared to chapter 1.

Isn't it possible that Rei was indeed arranged to be married into the Tokugawa family, but something went awry in those couple of years, which is what led her to the life full of poverty and debt she has now?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 14:31   Link #16
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Are we sure the marriage bit has been changed?

Isn't it possible that Rei was indeed arranged to be married into the Tokugawa family, but something went awry in those couple of years, which is what led her to the life full of poverty and debt she has now?
We are speaking of an "script" perspective, Johnny saying that the writer changed it on the get go, and me saying that it was planned from the start.

Storyline wise, it was pointed out that her omai fell apart when her family lost their status, there is no doubt about that.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 15:08   Link #17
Iron Maw
Thorn Sorcerer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Hopefully, we can have a better story than the Ichigo 100% and Hatsukoi Limited ones.
Yep, i love the drawing but hey, she was not that good for the story.
As pointed out earlier, Kawashita isn't writing the plot so that shouldn't be hard. Now if Oh!Great and Kubo Tite could take this advice....
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 15:17   Link #18
Freeter
back in style
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
As pointed out earlier, Kawashita isn't writing the plot so that shouldn't be hard. Now if Oh!Great and Kubo Tite could take this advice....
Oh!Great already has a new serialization with someone else writing. Kubo will never take the advice because he is KUBO
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: Gintama, JoJo, Fate, Soma, Plastic, DxD, Show by Rock
Next: Non Non Biyori, Noragami
Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 15:25   Link #19
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Are we sure the marriage bit has been changed? The chapter 0 I read was listed as a prologue set a couple of years in the past compared to chapter 1.

Isn't it possible that Rei was indeed arranged to be married into the Tokugawa family, but something went awry in those couple of years, which is what led her to the life full of poverty and debt she has now?
Shusuke's dad said the engagement was canceled, so they never got married to begin with.

Also, the writer they have for this, Oosaki Tomohito, seems to have done writing for the light novels of Nurarihyon no Mago and some Gintama stuff,
so this Edo period story seems like a good fit.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 17:42   Link #20
Iron Maw
Thorn Sorcerer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Oh!Great already has a new serialization with someone else writing. Kubo will never take the advice because he is KUBO
Oh? Neat, what is it called?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
edo setting

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.