AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-17, 12:16   Link #101
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post

Yeah, Natsumes kindness is catchy.... this series is such a comfort food for me.
Im usually glad no one is around when I watch Natsume since I usually have this big stupid grin on my face as I watch and wouldnt want to explain it to someonw who isnt familiar with it
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 13:15   Link #102
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I just kept thinking of Trouble With Tribbles during this epi
You too?
Old 2012-01-19, 08:26   Link #103
Edict

now that the underlying nature of central relations have been plainly demonstrated (i.e. Nyanko allowing events to unfold without intervening unless better to do so), it would be timely for some expansion of central themes. As anime goes Natsume Yuujinchou is already accomplished, and whilst I could easily enjoy the course it takes, there is enough merit to expect that a more incise treatment of ideas would not go amiss.
Edict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 13:45   Link #104
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2012-01-23, 16:24   Link #105
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

104 posts on this topic? Really? That depresses me to no end.

Another stunner. What a great start to S4.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 16:52   Link #106
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Yeah, it's too bad. Another wonderful Natsume episode.

This show is like the ultimate comfort food .

I do wonder why it would take so long for the woman to question why she can't see his face though haha. Still heart warming episode as usual.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 16:54   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is definitely the type of Natsume Yuujinchou stories I like the best. So bittersweet (more sweet than bitter, thankfully). We even got to see Reiko again! That's always a nice bonus, even more so since it had been so long since her last appearance. She used to show up more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post

Me too. I noticed the few posts in this thread are pretty short as well. I guess Natsume is so perfect there is simply not much to say about it. That and the fact the stories are usually resolved in one episode.
Old 2012-01-23, 17:24   Link #108
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Episode 4 blog post:

Also worth mentioning is that, at long last, we have an eminently natural crossover: Nakano Yuto - who played Ginko in Natsume Yuujinchou's closest spiritual cousin, Mushishi - plays Yobiko here.
Old 2012-01-23, 18:10   Link #109
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:

Yeah, that's a problem with a series like this. It's so great and so clean that there's nothing to say besides praise. And there's never really any one specific thing to call attention on.

As bad/polarizing as something like Guilty Crown is, there's a lot to talk about from both sides, so you can generate good discussion from that (I really like talking about that show, despite the fact that I don't like it ). With CLANNAD, it has specific moments, specific characters, and specific situations (with a fair amount of flaws) to call attention to, so you can talk quite a bit about it.

Natsume? What's to say? It's just episodic stories that manage to stay fresh each episode. It doesn't do much wrong to generate polarizing discussions, and we all know what's good about it, so I can't really do much besides praise it, and that'll get repetitive if I did that each week.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 18:13   Link #110
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Another great ep. There really isn't much to say. Though Yobiko got the methods mixed up at the beginning. Also Natsume should be more careful of letting people in. At least Yobiko brought the perfect bribe for Nyank-sensei.
Old 2012-01-23, 18:51   Link #111
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Wow - another excellent one in Ep 4.

Very touching. I love stuff like that.

8/10 vote from me.
Old 2012-01-23, 19:43   Link #112
HandofFate

damn, episode 4 was so good... T_T
I really love the youkai-human interaction stories, and the constant themes of how short human lives are, and also love how whimsical youkais are where they always say they have no interest in humans, but end up getting enraptured by one action or quality they observe of one.

The breaded youkai running for so long the woman passed away and came back after was a really moving touch.

The paper-restoring youkai was pretty amusing as well.
Old 2012-01-23, 22:40   Link #113
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Another classic episode. These bittersweet stories about human-youkai interactions. It is sad when you think of how short the lifespan of humans are to youkai. Those days that he'll always remember in his heart of someone that has long left this world. They can go on a small journey and by the time they are back the person is long gone.

Do feel sorry for the girl in question. Was that in love with the guy, but then he ends up marrying someone else. For whatever reason you want to imagine he couldn't even tell her and just left her to wait. Maybe like the youkai he didn't want to see her upset, but at least the bearded guy was able to tell her the truth. It might have been as he ran off, but at least he did that for her.

Was nice to see another little scene of Reiko again.
Old 2012-01-23, 23:03   Link #114
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

watching that girl wait for the other guy to show up was just painful. Seriously, I can't believe that guy just went on with his life without even giving his previous relationship a proper closure. There's no excuse for such act. Even though the youkai deceived her, at least he told the girl the truth. D=

The episode was emotionally moving like always. Looking forward to the next one.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:26   Link #115
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
At least Yobiko brought the perfect bribe for Nyank-sensei.
I totally rofled at it, when Ybiko went like: Ok, plan A didnt work, time for plan B, here is your bribe!!!!! Douzo!

Otherwise a nice episode, bittersweet indeed as someone in this thread pointd out. I felt so sorry for her and I wondered, if she managed to find happiness after what happened. The show left that open and I guess it is realistic, because sometimes we part ways with people and we never hear of them again, but we do remember them now and then wondering, what has become of that person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
watching that girl wait for the other guy to show up was just painful. Seriously, I can't believe that guy just went on with his life without even giving his previous relationship a proper closure. There's no excuse for such act.
Some guys do that...... it happened to me more than once. I suppose they believe silence is explanation enough and it is in a way. It is an utter proof of cowardice.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 12:53   Link #116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Episode 4 blog post:

Also worth mentioning is that, at long last, we have an eminently natural crossover: Nakano Yuto - who played Ginko in Natsume Yuujinchou's closest spiritual cousin, Mushishi - plays Yobiko here.
I can't believe I didn't notice that! Speaking of which: where's my Mushishi season 2?
There are so many great tales left to animate.
Old 2012-01-24, 21:41   Link #117
Kirarakim

Quote:
I knew I recognized his voice....thanks!

Gah this episode was wonderful, Natsume is 4 for 4 this series.

I really loved the simplicity of the letter. It was so meaningful and it didn't even have to say much at all.
Old 2012-01-25, 12:09   Link #118
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Ah, so that's who it was... the voice was so familiar yet I couldn't put my finger on where I heard it before. He should get some more roles, seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim
I really loved the simplicity of the letter. It was so meaningful and it didn't even have to say much at all.
I was hoping there would be more to it at first, but after thinking about it I realized there was nothing else that was needed to be said... It was so touching in itself that the note was meant for him and he finally got the message.
Old 2012-01-25, 13:04   Link #119
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Heh, I want that plushie!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 14:00   Link #120
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I knew Nyanko was getting fatter.

Tags