AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-31, 09:52   Link #861
ookamigirl

Oojima stuck with Shinonome.
Those sister really are polar opposites of each other.
On second thought, they are more alike than it seemed.
Looks like it's dirty laundry airing time..
This was one weird episode.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 10:16   Link #862
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Relentlessflame is always right when it comes to this.
Not sure if power or god-damned curse.

Quote:
The one hint about Chisato that could throw things against her is her jealousy. Whenever she perceives Yuuki with someone else, she always gets jealous and tries to interfere or nag about it. From my experience in anime, the girl that does that usually does not end up with MC in the end. If it was a real life situation, the guy usually gets annoyed and tired of it.
Normally, but this series seems to have her do it in a more realistic way. He's more hurt than flying off into a jealous fit of rage like girls do in other shows.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 15:18   Link #863
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
The Chisato and Yuki scene gave me chest pains.... I still have hopes for you!!!! Don't give up Chisato!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 15:41   Link #864
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

BEST episode of the series so far. My two favorite girls finally settles the dispute that caused rift between them. Even though I still know its unlikely, I REALLY do appreciate that he didn't flat out reject Sensei. I take that as him maybe having thought about her romantically in the past.

Although to be bluntly honest, if I was him and just witnessed that little sister reunion, I'd try hard as hell to get that threesome relationship going. I mean, its straight up in the air that they both like me, why not try and get them to share me? We all win. :P

I really do love the sisters, easily my favorite characters here. I can't believe Japan actually rejected her getting a route in the PSP game....all that drama would have been a GREAT route to play, easing her pain from the past, getting emotional with her and all. Sensei MARRY ME.
Old 2012-08-31, 17:38   Link #865
asdffdsa

Ah, this MC is really starting to bug me. Can't stand it when dudes are just so weak and helpless to any woman that advances on them. Not that this is unexpected from an anime MC, but I've taken a liking to this MC more than I do most. I mean, seriously, any one of these girls could attack him and he'd just let himself be toyed with.

Cue responses from shameless opportunists condoning such a thing ...
asdffdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 17:44   Link #866
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdffdsa View Post
Ah, this MC is really starting to bug me. Can't stand it when dudes are just so weak and helpless to any woman that advances on them. Not that this is unexpected from an anime MC, but I've taken a liking to this MC more than I do most. I mean, seriously, any one of these girls could attack him and he'd just let himself be toyed with.

Cue responses from shameless opportunists condoning such a thing ...
I'll just make myself believe he is just confuse on something right now... or he is just an idiot who can't make up his mind...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-08-31 at 18:29.
Old 2012-08-31, 18:16   Link #867
Pen3

I hope he goes cook for Hazuki again as soon as they get back home.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 18:39   Link #868
popsiclestix

LOL Chisato got friendzoned.
popsiclestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 18:44   Link #869
Arya

Basically you have already said everything I would have. Anyways I agree with relentlessflame on her analysis and with Dorsai about Oojima's barrier.
If I have to say a rejection (double if we count the onsen one) so early to one of the two contending, when her arc is yet to come, raises her odds more than lowered. And she seems to have the saddest past, that count too. And I agree that Chisato's more evident reaction to the whole situation is sadness more than jealousy. And given the preview it seems they will push that forward.
On the other hand they need/ed to build-up Satsuki part to be balanced when Chisato arc will come out if they want to keep things unpredictable.
For these reasons and kissjima's passiveness toward Satsuki and counting relentlessflame analysis, even the cynical one , I keep thinking that Chisato has still the upper hand.
but I like that the show is doing good in keeping things balanced so it could be said that the outcome is still unpredictable. They could still go with both the routes.
Surely having only 4 episodes to go they have a lot of things to fit in them.
Chisato arc, when probably they will explain why Oojima put up his barrier. Likely he felt guilty for the kid accident due to an apparent carelessness.
The perv accident and the very first accident that could be used as scandals. The election and the love triangle. A lot of stuff

Speaking of the episode, I really enjoyed it, I really like Shinonome sisters. Now, I suppose that this should be counted as a resolution episode for Hazuki and not for both the sisters. But I like the way they did it, like it was a resolution for both, and now we'll go forward to Chisato (I suppose).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 18:48   Link #870
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
If I have to say a rejection (double if we count the onsen one) so early to one of the two contending, when her arc is yet to come, raises her odds more than lowered. And she seems to have the saddest past, that count too. And I agree that Chisato's more evident reaction to the whole situation is sadness more than jealousy. And given the preview it seems they will push that forward.
On the other hand they need/ed to build-up Satsuki part to be balanced when Chisato arc will come out if they want to keep things unpredictable.
For these reasons and kissjima's passiveness toward Satsuki and counting relentlessflame analysis, even the cynical one , I keep thinking that Chisato has still the upper hand.

*GenjiChan crying....

..Chisato!!!!
Old 2012-08-31, 19:40   Link #871
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well, basically, I think it all comes down to how you interpret one important scene: Episode 2 after the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Episode 2, post-OP, selected lines
(In a dream/flashback...)

Bride: You two are in love, right?
Yuuki & Chisato: Love?
Bride: Yes, you'll definitely realize it when you get a bit older.
Bride: So when that love blossoms...
Yuuki (narration): Back then, I didn't really know what love meant.
Chisato: How about now?
Yuuki: I still don't know...
Chisato: Even though it's so close to you?
Yuuki: It isn't close at all; I can't reach it.
Chisato: All you have to do is reach out your hand...

(Later, in reality)

Chisato: But you really can carry on a conversation with people who are talking in their sleep...
Yuuki: Eh? Did I say anything?
Chisato: You sure did. "I love you, Chisato. I adore you! I'll never let you go!"
Yuuki: Liar!
Yuuki: I'm going to find a better love on my own. Don't get in my way...
Yuuki: Reality is tough, so at least let me meet a wonderful person in my dreams...
Basically, I think you can view the entire show through this narrative (since it's really pointing at the theme of the work -- that's basically what those sorts of flashbacks are for). But what does it mean?

My interpretation (at least right now) is that the entire anime is Yuuki living his proverbial dream where he's constantly meeting "wonderful people" (potential love interests), because even though love is right next to him, he feels he can't reach it (the barrier between him and Chisato). So, he decided that he needs to look for a "better love". The big question is: did he find it in Satsuki or not? And if so, is he going to choose "that dream", or is he going to instead try to reach for that "tough reality" after all?

Essentially, the whole story is about love that isn't meant to be. Whether that's Hazuki (somewhat half-jokingly), or Mifuyu, or... (insert either Chisato or Satsuki here). Everything basically hinges on whether he falls more in love with one of the other girls he meets than the love he's always had for Chisato, and so is willing to give that first love up.

So what'll be it be? First love, or new love?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-31 at 19:54.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 19:44   Link #872
NoemiChan
Banned

First LOVE!!!!!
Old 2012-08-31, 20:43   Link #873
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsiclestix View Post
LOL Chisato got friendzoned.
^this lol, actualy I'm starting to feel sorry for her, just look back at eps 2 she is one of few heroine who get her ass kicked out from the mc bed XD

even though I'm rooting for Hazuki I doubt that it's going to happen
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 21:10   Link #874
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

I know I'm a VN noob and all, but I honestly don't see how some think Chisato still has a chance. And I'm not saying I think you're wrong, I'm literally asking, why do you think she still has a chance?

I can only see him picking her back up for some kind of pity, and that would suck for her imo, when she could have instead moved on with her life. And compared to Hazuki who is being somewhat put off but still puts Yuuki in some kind of confusion of what they have, I don't feel that vibe about Chisato at all. His rejection really felt strong and like he just didn't like her like that. Yea its true her Arc hasn't happened yet, but it doesn't feel like there is still unresolved sexual tension with her. She's been straight up cut off.
Old 2012-08-31, 23:19   Link #875
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I still maintain my belief stated at the start of the show that they seem to be setting up a sort of romantic triangle, and that hasn't really come to a head just yet (still more episodes to go). :
Considering how the first episode had an attempted murder I fear Chisato will go School days sooner or later.
Their interactions pretty much reminds me on Katsura and Makoto as soon as he lost interest in her.
And tbh Chisato is starting to get desperate.
The only difference that might lead to another outcome is that Yuuki doesn't go skirt chasing like Makoto did.
I would honestly not be surprised if the story will go in said direction, I do however doubt that it would be as extreme as school days bad endings.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 01:00   Link #876
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
@Dorsai: lol funny. I was thinking the same thing too!

How could any guy not have a boner in such a situation?!!!
I know right and it seem like Satsuki was trying pretty hard. But that guy somehow managed to stay focus like a freaking buddha.

Actually after a second look, it seems like he's trying to cover his boner.

Last edited by U<3Anime; 2012-09-01 at 01:11.
U<3Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 02:06   Link #877
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
I know I'm a VN noob and all, but I honestly don't see how some think Chisato still has a chance. And I'm not saying I think you're wrong, I'm literally asking, why do you think she still has a chance?

I can only see him picking her back up for some kind of pity, and that would suck for her imo, when she could have instead moved on with her life. And compared to Hazuki who is being somewhat put off but still puts Yuuki in some kind of confusion of what they have, I don't feel that vibe about Chisato at all. His rejection really felt strong and like he just didn't like her like that. Yea its true her Arc hasn't happened yet, but it doesn't feel like there is still unresolved sexual tension with her. She's been straight up cut off.
I think it basically comes down to why you think Yuuki is rejecting her. If you think he just doesn't see her that way and he's falling in love with someone else, then it's pretty clear and he ultimately means what he said (and will he clarify that for her going forward). But, if you think he actually is attracted to Chisato but there is a reason why he doesn't feel he can approach her romantically, then his saying it's not love is just a wall he's put up. This is supported by that scene I mentioned earlier from Episode 2. The key is that he hasn't yet returned Satsuki's advances either, so at this point it isn't clear; if he had already made a clear move towards Satsuki and then made his statement to Chisato, its meaning would be clear, but so far all his encounters with Satsuki have basically been fate, not choice. So, I think it depends on what he does in the next episode or two to make his true feelings more clear. Odds are that his encounters with Satsuki will be revealed (precisely because the President wants to hide it), and how he chooses to handle that may tell us. If he doesn't make a move on Satsuki soon, then I think it's too suspicious (because she has made her intentions quite clear as well).
Old 2012-09-01, 02:30   Link #878
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Odds are that his encounters with Satsuki will be revealed (precisely because the President wants to hide it), and how he chooses to handle that may tell us. If he doesn't make a move on Satsuki soon, then I think it's too suspicious (because she has made her intentions quite clear as well).
Spoiler for Probably twist..:
Old 2012-09-01, 02:48   Link #879
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Spoiler for Probably twist..:
Do you mean from Satsuki? I really, really doubt it. She has always shown an interest in Yuuki, and she perks up every time she sees him. It is very genuine on her part.
Old 2012-09-01, 02:55   Link #880
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Do you mean from Satsuki? I really, really doubt it. She has always shown an interest in Yuuki, and she perks up every time she sees him. It is very genuine on her part.
Plus, her interest in him started even before she knew he was running in the election; she even encouraged him to run. I can't really see how he helps her in any electoral way (if anything, the fact he made it through to the finals is only hurting her chances, even though she's still way in the lead right now).

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen