AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-07, 18:50   Link #141
tyson123g
Kaizoku-ō Ni Ore Wa Naru

Btw, I love reading the speculations, despite I support Satsuki and this is feeling like going the Chisato route.

Other than that, I would like to remind people that there are 13 episodes and not 12.
Old 2012-09-07, 18:53   Link #142
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson123g View Post
Other than that, I would like to remind people that there are 13 episodes and not 12.
Yes, but it isn't clear that the 13th episode will air on TV, in which case it probably won't be part of the main plot but a bonus episode.
Old 2012-09-07, 18:55   Link #143
hyl
sneaking like a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson123g View Post
Btw, I love reading the speculations, despite I support Satsuki and this is feeling like going the Chisato route.

Didn't the anime lose 1 of week (when taking the double episode into account) because of the olympics ?
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 19:02   Link #144
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Didn't the anime lose 1 of week (when taking the double episode into account) because of the olympics ?
Yup, that's basically why. If they're going to air all 13 on TV, then either they will have one more double-episode week, or they'll air one episode in October, either of which would be unusual (but not impossible, of course).
Old 2012-09-07, 19:18   Link #145
tyson123g
Kaizoku-ō Ni Ore Wa Naru

Yeah, I just checked FansubDB's Summer and Autumn TV listings..

At Koi Choco's time slot on 4th Oct (supposedly the date for the 13th ep), would be starting Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb. So, unless they change timeslots, the 13th episode would be an unaired one.

Though a double episode would be better imo, if it is possible.
Old 2012-09-10, 12:35   Link #146
amoirsp

I'm just wondering. Koichoco usually has utilized the entire day on scenes, where things happen in the morning, afternoon, and evening.

Since episode 9 just aired, other than the obvious portion of the aftermath being shown on the next episode, does all the preview happen in one night?

Seems more likely it occurs on two separate nights. Since there tends to be something that happens during the day or before the late evening, are there any game scenes that were supposedly already omitted that fit at this point of time?
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 12:56   Link #147
hyl
sneaking like a cat

OK WTH

Spoiler for spoiler tags:

Maybe if i didn't know the game, then i would have enjoyed this episode more.

Spoiler for idea:

edit
Meh. After rewatching this episode pretending not to know the game, it became more bearable and it wasn't that bad at all. Also i noticed that this episode was using more tracks of the original game than the previous episodes.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-09-13 at 14:42.
Old 2012-09-13, 14:26   Link #148
Shadow5YA

Quote:
OK WTH

Spoiler for spoiler tags:

Maybe if i didn't know the game, then i would have enjoyed this episode more.

Spoiler for idea:

edit
Meh. After rewatching this episode pretending not to know the game, it became more bearable and it wasn't that bad at all. Also i noticed that this episode was using more tracks of the original game than the previous episodes.
Like I said before, I was worried that they would try to cover the plot from all routes without actually going into the romance that comes with it, so you'd get something unsatisfying like the Fortune Arterial anime ending...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:41   Link #149
hyl
sneaking like a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Like I said before, I was worried that they would try to cover the plot from all routes without actually going into the romance that comes with it, so you'd get something unsatisfying like the Fortune Arterial anime ending...
I still think that the anime can still go for Chisato, because i can't see any other options besides that nobody gets picked. The problem is that all of the cute romantic moments will be skipped because of the heavier focus on the elections than in the game.

Also i have been rereading Chisato's story (not entirely but parts of it using my existing save files)
Spoiler for Chisato route comparisons:

Spoiler for Michiru route comparisons:

Last edited by hyl; 2012-09-13 at 15:11.
Old 2012-09-13, 14:55   Link #150
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I still think that the anime can still go for Chisato, because i can't see any other options besides that nobody gets picked. The problem is that all of the cute romantic moments will be skipped because of the heavier focus on the elections than in the game.

Also i have been rereading Chisato's story (not entirely but parts of it using my existing save files)
Spoiler for Chisato route comparisons:
I don't know... nobody getting picked seems like it really could happen to me.
Old 2012-09-13, 15:05   Link #151
hyl
sneaking like a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't know... nobody getting picked seems like it really could happen to me.
And leaving Chisato entirely emotionally broken from this? I have my doubts.

Atleast in the game , she reluctantly gave up on Yuuki after he became lovers with any of the other heroines seeing that it was "too late" for her.

Furthermore if nobody get's picked, then the entire "Koi" aspect of Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate will be entirely ignored and i would see that as one of the worst possible outcomes for this anime.
Old 2012-09-13, 15:15   Link #152
Shadow5YA

Quote:
And leaving Chisato entirely emotionally broken from this? I have my doubts.

Atleast in the game , she reluctantly gave up on Yuuki after he became lovers with any of the other heroines seeing that it was "too late" for her.

Furthermore if nobody get's picked, then the entire "Koi" aspect of Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate will e entirely ignored and i would see that as one of the worst possible outcomes for this anime.
I don't mean leave Chisato hanging, but just leave the conclusion "open-ended": solve the conflicts, but don't make any pairings official yet, kind of like what the Fortune Arterial anime did where there are people clearly interested in one another, but they haven't confessed or starting dating yet.

... of course, the Fortune Arterial anime ending wasn't satisfactory by any means.

However, it doesn't mean the animation studio won't do that.
Old 2012-09-13, 16:00   Link #153
amoirsp

hyl, when you speculated events for how episode 10 will pan out. Although the specifics didn't go as you expected, the base format did (first half Chisato, second half plot stuff).

The dilution is pretty bad, but most of the events if I recall, scenes used specifically (not sure about this episode per se), were mostly if not 100% identical to in the game.

Yeah at first you would think that somewhat even allocation of the girls would make them all seem possible, but since they all also got an equal amount of non-usage (there were plenty of character specific scenes not used for each character), it actually makes a non-girl seem possible.

Spoiler:

As hyl said, for game players it's a bit frustrating, but for anime-only viewing it does have reasonable linearity (albeit its flaws).

Spoiler:

Is this even 12/13 episodes? There's almost no time left!

Game question:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-13, 16:07   Link #154
hyl
sneaking like a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post

Is this even 12/13 episodes? There's almost no time left!

Game question:
Spoiler:
While it was mentioned near the beginning of the common route, the entire Oosawa incident was barely explained in any route. I can't even remember what that incident exactly was, because it was so vague and it felt hardly important to me.
In fact i probably should reread that part in Michiru's story for the upcoming episode.

edit:
Ahaaaaaaa!!!!!
I now see what the anime is doing with this plot, because for some reason i couldn't care a thing about that revelation when reading it almost 2 years ago (I didn't like Michiru's story that much)
A reason for not remembering Oosawa is that he/she (i don't think it was specified in the game) never actually appeared in the game once.

Interesting and at the same time i am not pleased with how many episodes they are wasting with this. Let's hope that development pays off for the finale.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-09-13 at 16:23.
Old 2012-09-13, 16:21   Link #155
amoirsp

Quote:
While it was mentioned near the beginning of the common route, the entire Oosawa incident was barely explained in any route. I can't even remember what that incident exactly was, because it was so vague and it felt hardly important to me.
In fact i probably should reread that part in Michiru's story for the upcoming episode.
Although I can't read anything, it was pretty obvious it wasn't that prominent in the game.

However, as you said, it was mentioned near the beginning (so episode 1 wasn't any surprise), but you did clearly say you didn't know who that "new girl" was and even thought Taco Lady was possible.

That means that every segment that has Oosawa is actually anime unique.
(Maybe the interrogation was also unique?)

... that's a bit weird considering almost (or at least a good number of) every scene in the anime literally was taken from the game. You could play a scene side by side with the game and probably get the exact same words (or at least the same meaning). There's convenient truncation (like a person was with Yuuki in some scenes), but otherwise what was left wasn't really changed.

Yeah, weird to have something anime original but use the existing game stuff to explain things. Either something unexpected is spawning (like how episode 5 and 6 panned out) or I don't know. Your analysis already proved that the every girl's conventional way of being in love with Yuuki and going out with him or having a confession have so far been nearly entirely mitigated.

EDIT: Since the only things I know from the game are what you've talked about, I have absolutely no idea what will happen.

However, the anime has been oddly creative with utilizing route information. They've basically chosen nearly all of the safe picks of portions to take from each route.

EDIT 2: On a super random note the previews of episode 10 were just first half content. So the same could be possible on 11.

EDIT 3: Ok so all Oosawa stuff is still plot relevant aka it's not really anime original, but just creatively integrated to continue the flow.

Oh hyl, I can't understand Japanese but uh, Mouri basically told Oojima to take out the bullying part of his manifest in ep 10 right? And if so, did this similarly happen in Isara's route or Michiru's route? (Seems like Isara's since if I recall correctly you said taco plan was in Michiru's?)

Last edited by amoirsp; 2012-09-13 at 16:29. Reason: EDIT: I figured hyl would check and find the reason.
Old 2012-09-13, 16:37   Link #156
hyl
sneaking like a cat

Quote:

Oh hyl, I can't understand Japanese but uh, Mouri basically told Oojima to take out the bullying part of his manifest in ep 10 right? And if so, did this similarly happen in Isara's route or Michiru's route? (Seems like Isara's since if I recall correctly you said taco plan was in Michiru's?)
He warned about taking that out in Isara's story, because it was a "high risk, low reward" plan. Because at most, he could win 600 votes (roughly 10% of the students have that kind of scholarship) with it and at worst he could lose alot more. Also Oojima didn't even have concrete plans how to fight it (even Satsuki had no idea how to stop the bullying), so choosing for this would bite him in the ass at some point.

Everything related to Oosawa happened off screen, because it was not directly related to Oojima so it was never shown. It was somewhat explained by Mouri near the end of Michiru's story.
The anime however tried to make it more interesting by showing the viewers this. While interesting, it does waste time.
Time is not something that this anime has much off.
Old 2012-09-14, 03:31   Link #157
hyl
sneaking like a cat

A continuation from the anime thread why i don't like how the anime handled Chisato.
Spoiler for Chisato:

Something important that forgot to mention earlier
Spoiler for Chisato:

late edit as a followup to this:
Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by hyl; 2012-09-14 at 04:45. Reason: edit
Old 2012-09-14, 14:01   Link #158
Snuffle
likes cute things

Location: Where all the cute and pretty silver hair girls are :)
I don't mean to derail the current discussion but... Yesterday I just finished Mifuyu's route, it was better than I expected. I'm not sure what the fuss was about, I think there was a dislike about her route mentioned in this thread? I might not be remembering correctly. Well to get into some of the details
Spoiler for Mifuyu's route:

I plan to start Michiru's route tonight, it's the last route for me to go through. I want to finish all the stories before the anime ends so I don't have lingering thoughts about it. Oh and excuse the interruption.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 14:20   Link #159
hyl
sneaking like a cat

To be honest i liked Mifuyu's story, eventhough i can understand why people didn't like it because of the heavy melodrama.
Old 2012-09-14, 14:57   Link #160
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
To be honest i liked Mifuyu's story, eventhough i can understand why people didn't like it because of the heavy melodrama.
Well, I guess I would say that Mifuyu is arguably the character most in need of a romantic after-story, because her route was filled with conflict after conflict. It would nice to give her some time to be happy with the love of her life.

Tags
drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, visual novel