AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-02, 10:18   Link #221
MalakTawus

Oh god, i had a nightmare!!!!
What happens if Yagi sometime in the story decides to show Claire's full awakened form.....and it turns out to be something incredibly stupid???
I think i could die from sadness,lol.

Claire: "WHRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

***Claire awakens***

claymorefans:""

fan n.1:"........................What the hell is that thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

fan n.2:"YAGIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the f**k have you doooone!!!"

fan n.3:"AHHHH!!!Someone tell me where Yagi lives!!I'll kill him!This time i'll kill him for sure!!!"

Old 2011-12-02, 10:22   Link #222
Jean Claymore
Former #9

XD Could be possible... Though my guess is that Clare would awaken for her own will in order to blow things up along with Priscilla. Is that too tragic for a Claymore's end?
Old 2011-12-02, 10:36   Link #223
MalakTawus

Tbh i really aspect to see her full awakening before the end (maybe to fight against Prissy or to avenge her friends if they die)....but i hope she'll be able to come back somehow (or at least being an awakened different from all the others......in other words an AB that doesn't need to eat humans to survive).
Call me a sucker for happy endings but i hope that in the end at least Claire and Raki will be together,they deserve it imo,lol (***cross fingers***).

Oh well,for the time being i'd already be super happy to see Claire again,too soon to worry about the end,lol.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-12-02 at 10:56.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:36   Link #224
limao
DeAd

In the case of hysteria, using the sword as reference we can tell her body remains nearly the same size, she just got extensions while Cassandra and Roxanne became huge. That or the sword awakened as well
Old 2011-12-02, 12:00   Link #225
Ulquihorror

I think the sword inhibited her awakening which is why she's so ugly
I'm pretty sure dr.deneve will come up with the same conclusion in the chapters to come. Helen will comment on how ugly hysteria is and deneve will give her verdict. Plus, as one user said in the last thread, this is the perfect environment for Yuma since there are plenty of swords laying on ground.

Last edited by Ulquihorror; 2011-12-02 at 12:16.
Old 2011-12-02, 13:02   Link #226
klare

Cass vs Rox, i think the surrounding warriors will all die before a winner emerge...

Deneve and team finally arrive! now where is Clare?
Old 2011-12-02, 13:17   Link #227
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Cass vs Rox, i think the surrounding warriors will all die before a winner emerge...

Deneve and team finally arrive! now where is Clare?
In a parallel mental plane (in the blob) she is on a beach slurping Pinacoladas and chatting with Pris, Theresa, Irene and Rafaela about how the others must have it rough back where they came from.
Old 2011-12-02, 14:56   Link #228
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Strangely this time I don't see posts "when the chapter (English version) will be out" even though IMO it's better than previous one. There is at least some development present and more importantly the level of ridiculousness isn't as high as previously. Though it looks like that either Clare will save the day at the last moment once Dr Deneve and co. (Miria included, now it's Deneve who's running the show) are defeated or Miata will move her butt and show them who is the real destroyer here with Clarice and Galatea being "Beth". Seriously, at this point I think even Galatea would be willing to risk using Miata since 3 new abyssals (probably more powerful than old ones) squirming around could make Priscilla go out of the blob and she knows how bad would that be.

Maybe my spoiler will come out true after all (at least Miata part):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
People are starting to act crazy. Fine. I will tell you what's happening in the chapter then.

Spoiler for 118 spoiler:

Last edited by Gooral; 2011-12-02 at 15:20.
Old 2011-12-02, 15:30   Link #229
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Seriously? you thought this chapter wasn't as crazy as the last one? I guess that's subjective, but I find the appearance of the ZAOS waaay more ridiculous then Miria having a sword in her mouth.

Difficult to say if they are stronger the previous Big Three or not, but I say not...maybe a little, but not by a wide-enough margin - Dae's words just give me that impression, especially with his (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=506) interest in Cassie/Roxy/Hysty being purely from a power-perspective, yet is floored by Priscilla and doesn't mention Teresa at all.

These ZAO's are powerful no doubt, but I think they failed in trying to come up with beings stronger then the last three, at least by a huge scale anyway.
Old 2011-12-02, 16:00   Link #230
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I find the appearance of the ZAOS waaay more ridiculous then Miria having a sword in her mouth.
Again, what does have appearance/aesthetics have to do with the story? Because Hysteria's form looks ludicrous you find the chapter ludicrous?

The way some things were handled were also questionable but there was nothing alike Miria move (and sword stuck in Hysteria's throat is a continuation of previous stupid thing so it's not like it's exclusive for this chapter only) here that would make me think dropping the manga if only for the fact that we haven't seen much of their abilities and power yet. Just because Miria wanted to attack it doesn't mean she thinks she can win this (I hope she doesn't). Maybe she just doesn't want to go down without a fight. Still I don't get why she can't think about such obvious tactical decision like RETREAT (the same thing could be said about Pieta, it seems she has some kind of aversion to it).

As for powers of these three, as I've mentioned we haven't been shown what they're capable of yet. Some things might change. And for all we know Hysteria might be the weakest of the three, comparable to Riful maybe that's why everyone is relatively calm about all this. But who knows.
Old 2011-12-02, 16:16   Link #231
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Hehe, okay okay, at ease -- It wasn't for the AB's appearance alone that I disliked the chapter.....just that their really wasn't anything to look forward in the actual chapter itself except, well, just that. Really, perhaps the translations will change this idea but, other then the Awakening and the Ghosts showing up....what happened? It really felt like one of those chapters purely to push the story along.

Their transformations was really the most thing to look forward too and, for me anyway, it disappointed - not that the whole chapter is rubbish, but it certainly took it down a notch and, other then that, their wasn't enough in this chapter to really make it stick out (the Ghosts arrival is not enough...again, a chapter just to push things along).

I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I guess it's just a matter of seeing if their is anyone on planet Earth who likes the appearance of Hysteria and Roxanne....so far, I'm not seeing anyone .

As for the powerlevels of the ZAOs, yeah, I'm not gonna go too much into it because we just don't know enough at this point...I do agree however on the sort that Hysteria is probably the weakest - at one point, she felt like the strongest, but seeing Cassie in action plus Roxanne's potential, she went down the list really fast.
Old 2011-12-02, 16:35   Link #232
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
These ZAO's are powerful no doubt, but I think they failed in trying to come up with beings stronger then the last three, at least by a huge scale anyway.
Well you probably think that because the awakened forms themselves look... Stupid. Cassandra's is strange and seems stationary so it doesn't seem very strong. But it did defeat Roxanne in not very long at all. And Roxanne could handle the soul-twins with ease. Roxanne's form is easily the coolest out of all 3 of them so far (which isn't saying very much). Although her waste looks a little thin, she is still the coolest looking one because she only has one head, and is not lopsided with insect legs and angel wings. I am quite interested in what she can do as an AB. I hope we will see at least some of the fight between Roxanne and Cassandra.

And Hysteria, well her form is just awful looking. Very dissapointing

But we can't really tell what their true strength is just yet. But i don't expect them to be as strong as Isley or Riful.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-02, 16:39   Link #233
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

No, my thoughts on their power-levels have not so much to due with their appearance (although it does to a slight degree), but so much analyzing Dae's words; his reaction to Priscilla and his lack of mentioning Teresa feel very glaring to me, and says alot about his knowlege/awarenss, or lack their of; it doesn't bode well for the ZAOS, especially if he favored them especially for their power.

Speculation yes, and because of it I'd rather not go too deep on the subject, but call it a hunch at this point, that I don't think these ZAO's are "all that" - powerful no doubt, but as far as being stronger then an Abyssal One....I personally don't think they succeeded on that score.

But time, and new information, may change that.
Old 2011-12-02, 16:49   Link #234
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

It doesn't seem like MiBs can sense youma aura so it doesn't matter much what Dae says. He could only be guessing using the data in the archives and using #1s as materials (so they were bound to be powerful) when he was creating ZAOs.

BTW, Rimuto is shown in one panel, I bet he fired Dae after this .
Old 2011-12-02, 16:52   Link #235
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Speculation yes, and because of it I'd rather not go too deep on the subject, but call it a hunch at this point, that I don't think these ZAO's are "all that" - powerful no doubt, but as far as being stronger then an Abyssal One....I personally don't think they succeeded on that score.

But time, and new information, may change that.
Well i would definitely say that they are at AO level, But i also do not believe they are stronger than the Old Abyssal ones.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-02, 17:46   Link #236
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor Send a message via Skype™ to Falcor
Even if the ZAOs are more powerful that the original AOs, there's no reason to assume they are untouchable. We should have learned by now that infinite power doesn't mean jack if one's guard is dropped - even for a split second (-cough- Teresa vs Pris -cough-).

With all the talking and posturing, there's all sorts of openings that the Ghosts 'n company can take advantage of.

Hell, just have Deneve psychoanalyze each of them in turn, starting with Hysteria since the other two are distracted with one another. By the time she gets done with them, they'll be begging for death.
Old 2011-12-02, 17:58   Link #237
Dark Night

I just checked the battle between Isley and Luciella. The exlposions from that fight were huge, dwarfing the trees around there, and that was before they transformed into their awakened forms.

Once they transform, we're shown only one explosion, but it was so huge and powerful that Galatea, far away from there, feels it, despite it being beyond her sensing range.

The three ZAO are supposed to be more powerful, and perhaps they are. I haven't seen much of the raw, so I can't tell whether Cassandra and Roxanne are going all out, or if their attacks look to be really powerful. I can't deny though that my not liking their design lessens their power in my eyes (no logic in that, I know). It's just that they appear more lulzworthy than menacing.

As for Dae not mentioning Teresa in his masterpieces, well, I'd think he knows she was exceptional even as number ones go, but nothing more, since apparently Teresa made sure no one ever found out just how strong she was.
Old 2011-12-02, 17:59   Link #238
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
Hysteria might be the weakest of the three, comparable to Riful
You thought Riful was the weakest of the AOs? She always gave me the impression of being the strongest, if there was a strongest.

Out of the ZAOs, unfortunately, it seems to me Roxanne is going to be the weakest. If all she can do is twirl her arms around, she's screwed; especially when she can't even hit Cassandra. She's certainly not as fast as Hysteria is going to be, nor is she going to have the reflexes and defense of Cassandra. Unless her ability to hide herself from her opponent has increased dramatically and/or she gets a sharingan I don't see how she can compare. Maybe if she can like vibrate her entire body and be one enormous weapon (Blade of Evil) she can get by, but I doubt she can. And I still want a flashback of her showing her death and the Perfect Sword - I feel really jipped out of that.

Just had a thought - maybe we'll get to see Hysteria's namesake in her new form. She certainly looks insane.

Last edited by White Silver King; 2011-12-02 at 18:10.
Old 2011-12-02, 18:07   Link #239
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
You thought Riful was the weakest of the AOs? She always gave me the impression of being the strongest.
I thought that too. I assumed that Luciella was the weakest and that Isley or Riful was the strongest (most likely Isley).

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-02, 18:34   Link #240
The Based

Helen (or was it Deneve?) mentioned that Isley's yoki surpassed even Riful's. But who knows how big of a gap there was.
Closed Thread