AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-05, 19:04   Link #361
SpiritOfGray
Karateka
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 23
I figure he just noticed how shocked everyone else was and that worried him. He's normal when #10 collapses, but when he turns to see all the trainees sweating in fear, his expression changes.
__________________
SpiritOfGray is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 19:20   Link #362
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
He seems more confused then shocked to me....and their are windows in that room, so his shock could just be in seeing what everyone else is seeing...
That is what i assumed. He saw how frightened all the trainees were and and he probably could see the Awakenings from outside a window.

Quote:
Still, the possibility is still there -- the idea that Raki could still be a hybrid is still there for those supporting it .
I don't support it

He is has to be Human. 100% human. A badass and skilled swordsman too, but still just a human.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 20:35   Link #363
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
I don't support it

He is has to be Human. 100% human. A badass and skilled swordsman too, but still just a human.
That's what I want too - and it's helped by time; because the longer time goes by without any sign that he's a hybrid, the potential goes down...because really: how long would it take to figure out that he's no longer completely human? or others to help him realize it? especially if they sense it?

In that sense, the fact their hasn't been any sign from the trainees or Raftela is further proof, but....I guess we'll see -- Ryus made such a compelling argument with analyzing him artistically, I also don't want him to lose either . Still, I believe the odds favor Raki being being human and, like Renee's survival, it further heads that direction the longer time goes by without something happening.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 20:44   Link #364
Atsuro
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Hmm, I can see Hysteria dying, but not Cas and Roxx. Not sure why though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
I also liked Cassandra’s action scenes, she seemed to use her pendulum thechnique or something like it when she avoided Roxxane’s attacks. I also liked her attitude trying to hoard all the food for herself and Telling Roxxane to bog off. And I totally agree with Murikibishi and Shiek927, her language, I think, was call for even if it was a bit annoying. she was just letting off steam; When you don’t have any quick sharp remarks just rely on good back alley talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaelite View Post
I'm trying to be optimistic, so I'm hoping that the absurd dialog is a result of the recent awakenings. It seems that a recent awakening causes disorientation and confusion. I know the original AO were very cunning and retained their human intelligence and cunning, but it may have been that when they first awakened they were also not thinking logically. Maybe it takes a little bit of time for them to remember they still have a brain (or whatever the AB equivalent is).

I really hope a proper line-by-line translation comes soon.
Absurd? It's absurd that you'd even bother making that post.

Annoying? Back alley talk"? Are you children? Do you not understand what a story is? Please growup someday soon. Mentally, if not physically. Good god, what a pathically sterile bunch you are.

Last edited by Atsuro; 2011-12-05 at 20:55.
Atsuro is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 20:52   Link #365
ATM
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cali, Colombia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
I doubt anyone else can do a partial awakening like Claire did,infact there is absolutely no indication that what Claire did was something that anyone else in the whole org's hystory has ever done.....
Why not?
Sorry Malak, but I kinda disagree with you (yet again :P). Clare learned it from Jean whom almost fully awakened and totally changed her physical features. You are kinda right, but it was maybe Jean and not Clare who was the first claymore in history to have ever accomplished that (I donít know if she was the first in history to do so, but at least she is the first claymore I saw doing it). But if Clare kinda copied it from Jean, why canít others do it as well? Specially the claymores that saw Clareís transformation at Pieta. It seems that the biggest requirement is to have very strong willpower (Jean had plenty of that) and maybe thatís what Miria and the other claymores lack at the moment and thatís the reason they canít control or even produce a meaningful physical mutation; or maybe the author is just being kinda lazy and wants to save himself the trouble of having to design their partial awakened forms.



Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
Well I think that she is tricking her maybe she can't eat but she can remove the sword. What I believe is that she wants her to come closer so she can kill her because her projectiles are kind of short (short-mid ranged) but because of Miria's speed she can get away even with Hysteria's speed she can escape so she is acting like she can't get it out so she can kill her when she lets her guard down.
I also think she can remove the sword herself, if not she is toast like Gxy1069 said. If Hysteria was trying to trick Miria she did a terrible job; she asks her to take the sword out and in exchange she promises not eat her and the girl she is rescuing, I mean just to think that someone is ever gonna fall for something like that is crazy. I can imagine Miria thinking ďokÖlet me get this straight you have a claymore right through your neck there for you canít eat me for sure, but if I take the sword out you will be able to eat me, even if you promise not to I will just have to rely on your word and trust you goodwill, humÖ how about no?Ē Iím glad Miria didnít fall for suck a cheap trick, Miria might not be as fast as Hysteria physically, but she can outthink her just fine. The score now is: Miria 2, Hysteria 0 hehe.
ATM is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 20:53   Link #366
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsuro View Post
Annoying? Back alley talk"? Are you children? Do you not understand what a story is? Please growup someday soon. Mentally, if not physically. Good god, what a pathically sterile bunch you are.
Roflmao, and what was the point of your post?

I mean really - what on earth was the point? You don't even counter what he said with reasonable points, but just blatantly insult him, saying "do you even know what a story is".

If you're bored, go take a shower.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 20:55   Link #367
Atsuro
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Roflmao, and what was the point of your post?

I mean really - what on earth was the point?
What was the point of yours? See? I can do that too.

Quote:
You don't even counter what he said with reasonable points
How was it a "reasonable point?"

Characters in stories curse because people curse and we base our characters off ourselves.
Atsuro is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:06   Link #368
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
In all seriousness, I thought perhaps the translation was a big troll with the dialog the way it was...

But, it seems it wasn't, so hrm. It makes me think of how when the anime creators had to make their own ending and since they had simply copied the manga for 20 odd episodes, probably didn't even have a writer on their staff, so ended up just having Claire yell "I'm going to kill you" about a thousand times.

The dialog in this chapter was just...well, I'll be polite and say it was "funny".

Anyways, glad to see most of the Ghosts have united. Now, maybe we'll get Claire back in the mix in another year or two at this rate.

Also, was nice to see Cass with some personality. Too bad she had to Awaken to gain it.
creb is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:09   Link #369
ATM
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cali, Colombia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsuro View Post
Annoying? Back alley talk"? Are you children? Do you not understand what a story is? Please growup someday soon. Mentally, if not physically. Good god, what a pathically sterile bunch you are.
I Duddits!!!

Iím unintelligible and probably mentally handycaped, but that's just the way I am. I'm 30 years old and I had plenty of time to change my childish behavior and my goofy remarks but I failed, and I think I'm not gonna change them now. I didn't fully understood your complain thou, so I can't say if its valid or not, what do you mean by me "not knowing what a story is?" and what do you mean by "buch", if it's just me you find to be silly. Anyways nice to meet you, too bad it is in a circumstance like this, anyways no grudges, and by the way, you can always give me negative reputation instead of going through writing a rant like that, but then again you are free to do as you please.
__________________
.
ATM is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:11   Link #370
Demon6666
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
i don't really find the shit talk all that surprising. Cassandra seriously loathes Roxanne and calling her such things really show just how low she thinks of her. Besides she is awakened and at a different state of consciousness. Cassandra is yagi's character so if he wants her to abuse roxanne verbally then thats up to him. considering the situation between the two, it actually seems fitting imo.
Demon6666 is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:12   Link #371
Atsuro
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
I Duddits!!!

I’m unintelligible and probably mentally handycaped, but that's just the way I am. I'm 30 years old and I had plenty of time to change my childish behavior and my goofy remarks but I failed, and I think I'm not gonna change them now. I didn't fully understood your complain thou, so I can't say if its valid or not, what do you mean by me "not knowing what a story is?"
You clearly don't because you seem to think characters will use sterile language free of profanity. You can say whatever you want just as I am free to say your point was nonsensical. The fact that her saying "shit" is worth notice is inane, tbh.
Atsuro is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:14   Link #372
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
What was the point of yours? See? I can do that too.
.......


Yeah, I can see where this is already going.

Quote:
How was it a "reasonable point?"

Characters in stories curse because people curse and we base our characters off ourselves.
Um, it wasn't, I was talking about you and your own, or your lack their of - don't pretend to not get what I'm saying just to be further asinine.

but it seems you actually have something to say -- that the characters are cursing because "Characters in stories curse because people curse and we base our characters off ourselves."; not much of an argument, but it's something.

Next time though, say that; it's a much more polite way of debating then calling people "a pathetically sterile bunch". You'll also look less like a jerk just for the hell of it too.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:17   Link #373
Atsuro
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
.......


Yeah, I can see where this is already going.



Um, it wasn't, I was talking about you and your own, or your lack their of - don't pretend to not get what I'm saying just to be further asinine.

but it seems you actually have something to say -- that the characters are cursing because "Characters in stories curse because people curse and we base our characters off ourselves."; not much of an argument, but it's something.

Next time though, say that; it's a much more polite way of debating then calling people "a pathetically sterile bunch".
I like how your post in your words" did nothing to counter what I said" beyond that's not much of an argument. An award-winning post there, genius.

Cassandra was pissed off and we know little about her personality. To say "the language was absurd" is both an absurd statement and stupid, tbh. Debating any point with you would be a waste of my time as you lack the ability to do so. And there is nothing to "debate" I am saying it's stupid to be offended, however; mild by the word "shit", especially in the context of the story.
Atsuro is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:19   Link #374
ATM
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cali, Colombia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsuro View Post
You clearly don't because you seem to think characters will use sterile language free of profanity. You can say whatever you want just as I am free to say your point was nonsensical. The fact that her saying "shit" is worth notice is inane, tbh.
But you are taking just a piece of my comment, I said her vulgar vocabulary was called for, I really did, you don't have to go through my post again, I will save you the trouble. I probably don't mind Cassandra using the word shit, hey she is not good with wise cracks or sarcasm so that's what she's got, but now that I think of it, I do think that speaking with your mouth full is kinda rude thou.

Wow, wait a minute I thought you just had a beef with me, now you are pissed at Shiek as well? you just wanna argue for the shake if it? Lets keep it between us, shal we?
__________________
.
ATM is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:20   Link #375
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
I like how your post in your words" did nothing to counter what I said" beyond that's not much of an argument. An award-winning post there, genius.


......Buddy, I'll say it again - if you're bored, take a shower.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:23   Link #376
Atsuro
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
But you are taking just a piece of my comment, I said her vulgar vocabulary was called for, I really did, you don't have to go through my post again, I will save you the trouble. I probably don't mind Cassandra using the word shit, hey she is not good with wise cracks or sarcasm so that's what she's got, but now that I think of it, I do think that speaking with your mouth full is kinda rude thou.
Sorry, but pathetically sanitized people like yourselves irritate me.
Atsuro is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:26   Link #377
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
@atsuro
What are you even talking about? Why call someone "pathetically sanitized". It makes you sound arrogant.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:27   Link #378
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I know I am jumping in the middle here gentlemen, but let's not lose our composure over this topic. It is not worth the trouble nor your time. I realize the exchanges have been said and done, but we can still keep it on the level.

edit: Did this topic occur just over shit talk in the chapter?
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:32   Link #379
Demon6666
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - gandhi
Demon6666 is offline  
Old 2011-12-05, 21:33   Link #380
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I know I am jumping in the middle here gentlemen, but let's not lose our composure over this topic. It is not worth the trouble nor your time. I realize the exchanges have been said and done, but we can still keep it on the level.
Believe me Nixl, I'm getting how this works.

There is no point in getting into a discussion with someone where you have to bare their insults before they actually say something relevant.

As for Cassie, I've said it before, but it's shock value -- Awakening is the primary reason why she talks the way she is, plus, since their rarely is actual profanity in the story...is why she is talking like this.

Believe me, she's still the same meek girl underneath -- she's just been given a 'loaded gun' (ergo, awakening), and now thinks is in the center of the universe. Neither the memory, nor the personality, of who she was/is has been lost.

Quote:
edit: Did this topic occur just over shit talk in the chapter?
Yeah pretty much - makes me want to take a shower
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.