AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-01, 11:09   Link #21
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Spoiler for 5:
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 11:37   Link #22
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Spoiler for 5:
That's somewhat unlikely.

Spoiler:


We obviously have way more revelations left in store. I just hope that Hotaka doesn't act like a dick to Awaya due to the bad rumors, that would be too typical.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 13:55   Link #23
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
That's somewhat unlikely.

Spoiler:


We obviously have way more revelations left in store. I just hope that Hotaka doesn't act like a dick to Awaya due to the bad rumors, that would be too typical.
Or, Awaya did lose her father(s) because of death. It's possible that Awaya lost her blood-related father, then her mother remarried and their stepfather died too.

Also, even though that should be just a papercut, I still doubt that her show of blood is still insignificant. I really think she has some condition, however minor it may be.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 17:04   Link #24
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
That's somewhat unlikely.

Spoiler:


We obviously have way more revelations left in store. I just hope that Hotaka doesn't act like a dick to Awaya due to the bad rumors, that would be too typical.
You are completly wrong.

Chapter 5 starts with a fast-forward to her swimming in pool then it goes back in time, then fast forward at the end when she looks at him.

Monologue at chapter 5 start is Hotaka essay written in magazine you have same words on page 31 written in magazine.
She was just remembering Hotaka *burst out* to the outer world by his medium *magazine*. That is also why she says to herself about what he looks at, and about his journey to meet that other soul ...

You people need to read between the lines a little more.

As far as it goes her only connection to Hotaka may be his Grandmother from father side. That is if she did get the other key.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 00:27   Link #25
anfera103
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I am really liking onchan, someone knows her name?

The only thing I hope is that the Kodaka can helper when the moment comes, most likely with Soga
anfera103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 00:41   Link #26
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by anfera103 View Post
I am really liking onchan, someone knows her name?

The only thing I hope is that the Kodaka can helper when the moment comes, most likely with Soga
The first page of the new one-shot gives her name as On Hitachi (日立温).
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 03:54   Link #27
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Viet Nam
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to BTDK
We still dont know what happen to him and his father right ?
I'm get some bother since he hate his father that much, and call him "weak man".
Hope this will be flashback about it as soon as possible.
__________________
BTDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 05:03   Link #28
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
We still dont know what happen to him and his father right ?
I'm get some bother since he hate his father that much, and call him "weak man".
Hope this will be flashback about it as soon as possible.
No clue. We are now officially caught up with the raws, so all we can do is wait for them to come out every other month. It's not like there is a light novel or anime already existing in this case, where we could look over there to find out what is happening ahead of time.

Well, somebody got ahold of the raws for chapter 6. Just looked them over, in Japanese. Things appear to be getting interesting... I will defer the translation to purikuri, though. I've got quite enough on my plate.

UPDATE: And I just got done proofing purikuri's translation. Much will be resolved in this chapter, taking the story to a new level. Where the story will go in the next chapter I have no idea.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-08 at 03:11.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 12:51   Link #29
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Very nice chapter. At one point it felt like if they would hook up right there and the series was about to end.

"Zako"... my thoughts exactly

Spoiler:
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-08-07 at 14:40.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 12:58   Link #30
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
There are definitely many pieces left to this puzzle: the fathers, the cabin, the keys, the grandmother and so on. Yes, you could almost feel the story could end here, but the author has set us up for a lot more, I think.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 13:08   Link #31
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
translation seems kind of weird reading it.
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 13:18   Link #32
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
translation seems kind of weird reading it.
The author's way of saying things is rather awkward, and both the translator (a native Chinese speaker living in an English speaking country) and myself (born and raised in the USA speaking English) have some difficulties in translating what she says without putting words into her mouth, so to speak.

That said, we will try harder with the next chapter.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 15:23   Link #33
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
So let's see if I get this:
Hotaka likes Niki because of her aura.
Niki likes Hotaka because he understands her pain.
On likes Soga because...I dunno...he's hot or something...
Soga likes anything with a skirt but doesn't want anyone aiming for On.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 11:33   Link #34
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Spoiler for 7:
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 12:59   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
So let's see if I get this:
Hotaka likes Niki because of her aura.
Niki likes Hotaka because he understands her pain.
On likes Soga because...I dunno...he's hot or something...
Soga likes anything with a skirt but doesn't want anyone aiming for On.
Updating this:

Hotaka likes Niki (but keeps having weird dreams and worrying about their relationship);
Niki likes Hotaka (but now thinks there's something between Hotaka and On);
Soga likes On (but can't be straight with his feeling for her);
On likes Soga (but probably feels she's not cute enough for him).
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 13:53   Link #36
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
The author really likes sweet romantic misunderstandings.

In a bi-monthly manga.

/argh

On-chan is cool, but she's kind of hard to understand. It's clear she fancies Soga and not Hotaka, and I get the tsun-tsun inferiority complex part, but how come she looks up to "President" so much?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 14:49   Link #37
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
The author's way of saying things is rather awkward, and both the translator (a native Chinese speaker living in an English speaking country) and myself (born and raised in the USA speaking English) have some difficulties in translating what she says without putting words into her mouth, so to speak.

That said, we will try harder with the next chapter.
I hope this installment was slightly better in this regard.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 16:21   Link #38
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Yeah, I had some difficulty understanding the first half of the chapter. When Hotaka was carrying Niki, which part of that was real and which part of it was only his delusion?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 16:31   Link #39
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah, I had some difficulty understanding the first half of the chapter. When Hotaka was carrying Niki, which part of that was real and which part of it was only his delusion?
The first part of the chapter is a set of three dream sequences that all start the same way, a sequence based on the previous evening's events, and become nightmares. Each of these sequences play on Hotaka's fears and old nightmares. He complains afterwards to his own brain, "How many times are you going to make me watch these?", and then he reflects on why he should have such dreams.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 17:19   Link #40
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
The first part of the chapter is a set of three dream sequences that all start the same way, a sequence based on the previous evening's events, and become nightmares. Each of these sequences play on Hotaka's fears and old nightmares. He complains afterwards to his own brain, "How many times are you going to make me watch these?", and then he reflects on why he should have such dreams.
So all of it was a dream and he never really carried Awaya home?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, romance, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.