AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2012-10-23, 17:33   Link #41
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So all of it was a dream and he never really carried Awaya home?
He carried her home safely (presumably). The dreams came after, during the same night.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 17:34   Link #42
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So all of it was a dream and he never really carried Awaya home?
No. Chapter 6 was reality. The opening of chapter 7 was three dream sequences, followed by the reality of waking up to a sunny day and a text message from Niki.

Oops, @Irenicus, I didn't see your message before answering the previous message.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 21:31   Link #43
NeutralZero

Nice, after his misunderstanding now its her time...
But just what happen between the two, the playboy and On-chan?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 05:03   Link #44
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Nice, after his misunderstanding now its her time...
But just what happen between the two, the playboy and On-chan?
Nice question. The author didn't explain . . . yet. It appears that both Soga and On-chan have their own problems: the playboy who gets shy once things get serious, and the tsundere who reacts badly to overt approaches and then kicks herself for it in private afterwards.
Old 2012-10-24, 06:42   Link #45
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I think On just looks at Soga's girlfriends and the girls after him then believes she's not cute/good enough to be with a popular handsome guy like him so she lashes out whenever he does something nice and sweet that makes her love him more.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 07:05   Link #46
NeutralZero

On-chan looks way better (megane fetish) and we prefer her more than Niki and the ones who confront Niki...
But if ever they are to become an item, would those girls do something?

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2012-10-24 at 07:35.
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 07:13   Link #47
Dauerlutscher
I never asked for this

Niki all the way...
Seriously, both girls are great. I just hope that they will find their happines with the guys and that this "misunderstanding" will not continue for too long.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 14:35   Link #48
Okashira
Honos628

Finally caught up, great chapter all in all (and thanks again to rpapo).

Like half of the previous misunderstandings have been solved in like a single or half a chapter, so I'm not really expecting for Takemiya to drag this current "triangle" on for +200 chapters like most other romances do.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:14   Link #49
rpapo

I agree that Takemiya is being relatively concise, partly to do with the fact that only one chapter is coming out every two months.

Well, there are quite a few issues to resolve in this story:

(1) Will there be complications for Hotaka & Niki? Are they related somehow?

(2) Will Soga & On-chan get together? If so, what happens with the Soga fan-girls?

(3) What is the significance of the fox-priestess dream where Hotaka is the sacrifice? Who is this second personage who showed up to receive his heart this time?

(4) What is going on about grandma's cottage?

(5) What was the significance of the cell-phone strap?
Old 2012-12-03, 23:39   Link #50
Shadow5YA

Ugh... I know it has only been one chapter, but one chapter with an unresolved misunderstanding for a bimonthly series is already long enough.

Niki's insecurities are very realistic and understandable, at least.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 02:09   Link #51
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
Nice question. The author didn't explain . . . yet. It appears that both Soga and On-chan have their own problems: the playboy who gets shy once things get serious, and the tsundere who reacts badly to overt approaches and then kicks herself for it in private afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I think On just looks at Soga's girlfriends and the girls after him then believes she's not cute/good enough to be with a popular handsome guy like him so she lashes out whenever he does something nice and sweet that makes her love him more.
The way it looks. Soga has liked On-chan for a while but keeps going out with other girls because of his tsun nature towards her. However those girls start to realize that his focus isn't on them (because it's actually on on-chan) and they ALL broke up with HIM as a result (there has to be a reason it was pointed out that the break ups were from the girls end and none of them were his choice). He may have been under the same misunderstanding as Niki that On-chan liked Hotaka and got depressed from it. This was why he started to instead go after her by sending the cookies.

Personally I like Niki. Her outgoing nature just appeals to me more. On-chan looks good with her hair down and without the glasses but Niki is still better looking imo.

Not sure if anyone read this but

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...es-publication

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2012-12-04 at 10:54.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 04:33   Link #52
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I personally like On more with her hair up and with glasses!

But yea, I like Niki over On, which is weird cause I rarely like the main female protagonist (they are usually quite bland, boring and generic).

This manga is changing to a monthly magazine so there's the chance of it being released monthly instead of bi-monthly which is awesome!

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 05:59   Link #53
rpapo

I'm surprised more people around here didn't notice the Easter Egg...

Anyway, we have chapter nine all translated except for one long complicated sentence uttered by a moth (!?), and a general review by another translator.

Just when we'll see chapter 10 is quite another matter, though. Yes, Dengeki Daioh Genesis has been cancelled. Yes, Evergreen will continue in Dengeki Daioh Magazine. No, we have no clue exactly which issue it will continue in, nor whether it will be monthly or continue to be bi-monthly.
Old 2012-12-04, 16:43   Link #54
csuree
The Most Wanted™

Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
i saw the easter egg... to be continued in 2014???

WTF.. i barely can wait 2 months.....not 1 year+...my heart stopped for a moment..... i hope we get at least 1 monthly...the story looks interesting....

I wish i was a high schooler again... these heart warming stories take me back when i was like this.. constantly analyzing every little move....being shy.....acting funny.. i had so much fun back then....

Anyway a can hardly wait for the next chapter...

You had some interesting questions rpapo:
in my opinion:
(1) there will be complications for Hotaka and Niki, they might be step brother and sister

(2) On-chan might have a crush on Hotaka and that will be the complication for (1)

(3) Maybe that is a burden of his....if he had a heart problem and needed a transplant and received someone's heart....once i saw a film in which through the transplanted organ came memories of the owner of the organ....(a bit too extravagant idea)

(4) it might be a place where Hotaka and Niki met once in the past and Hotaka got his scar on his chest

(5) a memory from Hotaka from when the 2 were small kids

These are my opinions an the matter....i hope they are wrong.....(so i can enjoy being wrong and getting a story a whole lot more interesting)
Old 2012-12-04, 16:50   Link #55
rpapo

This mystery should be resolved in a few days. I've done my part, others are doing their's, and you will be left in even more suspense afterwards...

Interesting that in this story, the author is giving us insight into the thought processes of more than one character. We get to see what Hotaka, Niki and On-chan all think. Soga, Sugou and Shake are all background.

Last edited by rpapo; 2012-12-04 at 16:53. Reason: More detail.
Old 2012-12-04, 16:56   Link #56
csuree
The Most Wanted™

i can hardly wait for it..... UUUUhhhh i am so very excited......december is a good month....

good salary for this month + an awesome present, christmas party with friends... my birthday(and end of the world on the same day)

even more suspense.....sounds....very good.

Yeah Takemiya Yuyuko is like this with her detailed descriptions on how they think....I like it... it looks more human this way and i can also associate with the characters....well i have a bad habit of overthinking simple things so this is why i like the story... like golden time too...

12:05 AM Dec-12
Also there is this mystery about the titles of these novels and mangas... like why is it evergreen of golden time....i still haven't figured it out :P

@rpapo... yeah it will be a victory.....if not....i will stand in the front line battling the End with a cake in my hand

Last edited by csuree; 2012-12-04 at 17:05. Reason: reply :P and a small question mark
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 16:58   Link #57
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
and end of the world on the same day
Well, unless really strange things happen, I think we will beat the Mayas to the punch...

Whatever happens, though, you can pretty much count on chapter 10 not coming out until the springtime, at least. I gather that the decision to shut down Dengeki Daioh Genesis was rather abrupt, and they had not made all the proper arrangements ahead of time to migrate the series they wanted to keep to other magazines. We know from the announcement that Evergreen is going to Dengeki Daioh Magazine, which is monthly, but we haven't been told when it would start there, nor whether it would begin publishing every single month (like the magazine itself), or remain a bi-monthly publication in every other volume of the magazine.

Last edited by rpapo; 2012-12-04 at 17:05. Reason: More details.
Old 2012-12-04, 17:22   Link #58
csuree
The Most Wanted™

Also I am glad, that the series continue.....usually in times like these they abandon them and everyone remains stupified, that why do really good and meaningful series shut down.

I wish the best to them we'll see when the next chapter will come out...this news was like a ray of hope...now I am willing to wait for the next chapters...even if it is until spring...

How lucky I was to discover this series.... exactly 1 year ago :P I was looking for some romance manga, and checked some descriptions.....then comes an interesting title.."evergreen"....hmmm looks okay...it caught my attention and read the 2 chapters at that time and Bamm.. i became hooked
Old 2012-12-04, 17:44   Link #59
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
i saw the easter egg... to be continued in 2014???

WTF.. i barely can wait 2 months.....not 1 year+...my heart stopped for a moment..... i hope we get at least 1 monthly...the story looks interesting....

I wish i was a high schooler again... these heart warming stories take me back when i was like this.. constantly analyzing every little move....being shy.....acting funny.. i had so much fun back then....

Anyway a can hardly wait for the next chapter...

You had some interesting questions rpapo:
in my opinion:
(1) there will be complications for Hotaka and Niki, they might be step brother and sister

(2) On-chan might have a crush on Hotaka and that will be the complication for (1)

(3) Maybe that is a burden of his....if he had a heart problem and needed a transplant and received someone's heart....once i saw a film in which through the transplanted organ came memories of the owner of the organ....(a bit too extravagant idea)

(4) it might be a place where Hotaka and Niki met once in the past and Hotaka got his scar on his chest

(5) a memory from Hotaka from when the 2 were small kids

These are my opinions an the matter....i hope they are wrong.....(so i can enjoy being wrong and getting a story a whole lot more interesting)
it says spring 2013, not 2014. You're not going to have to wait over a year.

(1) at least they're not blood related or have lived together at all if they are step siblings.

(2) On-chan clearly has feelings for Soga, not Hotaka.

(4) He got his scar from a surgery he had done years before, not an accident.
Old 2012-12-07, 14:06   Link #60
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Spoiler for 9:

Tags
romance, school life