AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-15, 21:30   Link #61
noob saibot
Brotherhood of Shadows

Send a message via AIM to noob saibot Send a message via MSN to noob saibot Send a message via Yahoo to noob saibot
thanks for the info man
noob saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 19:09   Link #62
VagrantSaga

Umm..Okay I just finished ep 3 and have totally no idea what was going on. Can someone explain to me what Phantom is about as I had no previous knowledge of what it is when watching this.

Spoiler:

Thanks.
VagrantSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 13:57   Link #63
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagrantSaga
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
MartAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 18:30   Link #64
VagrantSaga

Reminds me a bit of Metal Gear Solid 3

Thanks for clearing a bit of it up.
VagrantSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 14:50   Link #65
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Thank god it was only a 3-episode OVA at that time. They would have ruined the series otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE View Post
I'm sure there'll be another OAVs covering the respective chapters in the game...

Spoiler:

Besides, I haven't seen episode 3 yet, but I guess it wouldn't make much sense to end the series there... unless they're going for a really open ending...
That certainly looked like Cal, except the hair. It was probably made as a reference to Cal.
Old 2009-09-29, 05:33   Link #66
klare

dug out from buried treasure

i did not even notice such an OVA at that time... i guess the show did not continue due to poor response
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 00:47   Link #67
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for anime:

Quote:
i did not even notice such an OVA at that time... i guess the show did not continue due to poor response
Yeah as you said the OVA is quite obscure and quite unknown, I heard about it in the Phantom anime thread . I had high expectations from Phantom Anime but unfortunately the first episode was a bit 'meh' . If it wasn't for the OVA I would have dropped the show . .

When I watched the OVA the first thing that came to mind was an old ova called Kite <clik> . Phantom has lot of things common with this show . Can even go as far as to say some elements of the Ova/ Anime have been even inspired by Kite . If you can tolerate nudity and sex do give it a try its a classic in it own right . But there is also a toned.down R1 version of the Ova ^^

Old 2009-09-30, 01:15   Link #68
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Spoiler for anime:

Yeah as you said the OVA is quite obscure and quite unknown, I heard about it in the Phantom anime thread . I had high expectations from Phantom Anime but unfortunately the first episode was a bit 'meh' . If it wasn't for the OVA I would have dropped the show . .

When I watched the OVA the first thing that came to mind was an old ova called Kite <clik> . Phantom has lot of things common with this show . Can even go as far as to say some elements of the Ova/ Anime have been even inspired by Kite . If you can tolerate nudity and sex do give it a try its a classic in it own right . But there is also a toned.down R1 version of the Ova ^^

Now that's what I call a depressing anime. I never got to watch it, mostly read the summary and decided I will never go near this anime again. The only common thing I find about Phantom and Kite is because the main protagonists both were forced to become assassins.

Phantom is definitely more fiendishly clever, complicated plot which deftly mixes irony, self-reference with chills and blood spills.
Old 2009-09-30, 01:26   Link #69
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for Kite / Phantom Comparison:

Kite is not a show for all but quite enjoyable IMO . Its more so a grotesque bloodier and raw version of Phantom if you can call it that .
Old 2009-09-30, 01:31   Link #70
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Spoiler for Kite / Phantom Comparison:

Kite is not a show for all but quite enjoyable IMO . its more so a bloodier and raw version of Phantom if you can call it that .
Since I never watched the OVA, I'm kinda confused by what you said. Who exactly is the protagonist and who is the antagonist?

From what I'v read in the summary, Sowa is the main protagonist, Akai is the main antagonist and Oburi is a main character.

I also found a similarity, the relationship between Sowa, Akai and Oburi is very similar to the relationship between Ein, Sycthe Master and Reiji, except the sexual element.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-30, 02:07   Link #71
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Was trying to avoid names so that lead to the mix up =/

Spoiler for Possible Kite Spoilers: