AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 15:05   Link #281
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Yeah I catch that part too, doesn't make much sense. Also they skipped a lot of parts concerning Godou interaction with Verethragna. Also, I hope they won't mess up Yuri's first meeting of Godou. It is very funny and I always keep thinking how it would turn out if it was animated. Also it didn't went into depth the purpose of the kiss. Those who haven't read the Novel probably don't know.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 15:12   Link #282
Kadi
知識の探求者

I was thinking along the lines of "where does the anime on its own make no sense, disregarding the novels?". With information from the novels, the kiss obviously makes no sense, but from watching the anime alone you can reason "it's a kiss to draw out his power". Same with Verethragna. There was nothing there, so unless they later allude to something being there after all (unlikely), there no problem. If we ignore the novels, of course. It's a shame because it subtracts from Godou's character but it can't be helped if that's the speed they're going for.

Anyway, I'm asking this to see how many inconsistencies and plot-holes the anime on its own will produce. The novels on their own do a good job and it's interesting to see how the anime will fare after cutting so much.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 15:17   Link #283
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The anime is suppose to broaden the views other than the Light Novel fans, so they mixed things up hoping to appease everyone. Though it didn't work and I am pretty much disappointed with how Light Novel Animated Shows are being directed and made. They should have followed the formula of the Light Novel, forget all this stuff of the director trying to make a name for himself and care about making a good show. I wish Manga shows were like the Light Novel, because in Manga shows most often than not they follow the original authors story line and not make it up. Shows like One piece and Naruto follow the Manga step by step, why shouldn't Light Novel Anime follow their Light Novel counterpart. I would be so much greater.
Old 2012-07-01, 15:22   Link #284
tsunade666

Why does even Gudou enter that building to begin with and what a lucky guy. A girl falls on the sky on the exact building he enter and the exact window he comes out. It will probably be better if he catch it at the ground level where he is running. But all and all it looks cool.

It looks like the anime is aiming for rule of cool. They even made tons of golden sword that could make archer drool though all look the same so Gil won't approve of it.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 15:29   Link #285
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It really does look like it is aiming that way, I prefer they stay to the original. What made the Light Novel so great was the Magical and mythological aspect of it. In the Light Novel, Godou can only summon the Sword while detailing all or most of the History of God he is fighting with. Its makes it interesting to read, but at the same time you'll learn.
Old 2012-07-01, 15:34   Link #286
tsunade666

^They skip the explanation and onto the kiss which would please the fans. I also liked that kiss

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 15:36   Link #287
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Yeah overall the opening I say is decent, while the ending well I feel unmoved really. Well Wilfriback the singer of the ending is quite young and I mean really young, Yui Ogura is 16 years old. The opening singer Megu Sakuragawa is quite young as well, she is 23. I watched a lot of anime and I was hoping that this anime would have some good opening and ending songs. Well it might be overboard I was hoping they would have ask Lia, Ceui, or Kotoko to do them.
Isn't the singer but the composition the music theme has.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 16:23   Link #288
Kadi
知識の探求者

The irony: If I got the ED lyrics right, it's a song about the power of love... a concept that Campione subverts.
Old 2012-07-01, 16:29   Link #289
kokolores

Awesome episode. At this rate they can catch up to the novel in just twelve episodes. Perhaps if we're very lucky they can even put two volumes in one episode and they'll have a spare episode for Godou and his harem going to the beach and to a hot spring. And to top it off they white out half of that episode so we can wait for DVD release to see nipples and butts. That would be totally the best thing ever.

This will be so the best anime ever.
kokolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 16:32   Link #290
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
The irony: If I got the ED lyrics right, it's a song about the power of love... a concept that Campione subverts.
I didn't say anything about lyrics, a lyric can be cheese but when is well played it can be very addictive.
Old 2012-07-01, 16:41   Link #291
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I didn't say anything about lyrics, a lyric can be cheese but when is well played it can be very addictive.
Hmm I see, my taste are also about the composition of the music. Though I also care for the lyrics, when I do find good openings or endings to listen to I find the English translation and try to piece it into the song and replace the Japanese.
Old 2012-07-01, 16:45   Link #292
Kadi
知識の探求者

Sure, a catchy tune can still be paired with crappy lyrics, but in this case, everything is just "wrong". Or maybe the big finale of Campi, the final challenge, will be overcome through sheer power of love? Now wouldn't that be awesome~~
Old 2012-07-01, 16:47   Link #293
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i liked the episode, dont know anything about the novel, but i think anyone who watches anime knows what was happening without more exposition.
Old 2012-07-01, 16:52   Link #294
Miraluka
Banned

Certainly, I hate when a series adapted from light novels stops to narrate about what is happening, oi, its anime not a drama CD if I want details I'll read the novels later if I want to.
Old 2012-07-01, 17:14   Link #295
leokiko

Hated it. The main characters are interesting, but that was too much exposition for my taste. I have absolutely no clue about what happened. The pacing was tottaly off too.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 17:18   Link #296
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I did feel that the pacing of the episode was a bit fast but I got used to it...kinda.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 18:21   Link #297
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Hated it. The main characters are interesting, but that was too much exposition for my taste. I have absolutely no clue about what happened. The pacing was tottaly off too.
Too much exposition? They cut about half the details to precisely avoid that problem. If they had stayed faithful to the original volume, it would have taken about 3 episodes to fully animate, which by then would turn half the viewers away. Would it have been better for the anime in the long run? Yeah. But the inpatient viewers would have already been turned away.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 18:33   Link #298
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Too much exposition? They cut about half the details to precisely avoid that problem. If they had stayed faithful to the original volume, it would have taken about 3 episodes to fully animate, which by then would turn half the viewers away. Would it have been better for the anime in the long run? Yeah. But the inpatient viewers would have already been turned away.
Funny enough, most people give an anime around 3 episodes to decide if they stick to it or not.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 18:48   Link #299
willx
Nyaaan~~

Ha, I logged in to see what Kadi's feelings about the anime were.. I agree with almost all those comments above..

I have to admit I thought the art was better than I initially expected it would be! Erica comes off as really gorgeous, spunky and absolutely boss .. especially in her white lingerie!

What irks me the most though, is due to how condensed it is, we never see much of Godou's personality come across, including his "pacifist" bent - we never learn why in the end he gets angry enough and upset enough to fight and kill Verethragna .. this god-killing badass version wouldn't going to go easy on the future gods he meets.. which is contrary to the novel!

Some people may disagree with me, but I wonder why they took this approach .. if they just followed the LNs and did episode 1 being the battle in rome with Erica, I'd think that'd be more than exciting enough to draw viewers ..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 19:18   Link #300
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Funny enough, most people give an anime around 3 episodes to decide if they stick to it or not.
Thats true I have do that a few times.

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen