AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-13, 16:36   Link #421
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Art is fantastic, but comparing anime from a Light Novel is a bit too much. High School DXD had Miyama-Zero doing the art, the anime was still excellent in art, but well you know. Campione anime is very rushed and I really hate it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 16:37   Link #422
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
its more like they've taken a lot of the boring parts and removed them although they introduced mariya a bit early it seems scrambled but here's my thing. If a smoking hot chick all of the sudden went from indifferent to wanting to jump my bones i wouldnt complain
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 16:47   Link #423
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Well that is you my friend, if that was my situation I would be saying "what have I done" in a grimly way and how to I explain it to my 6 and a half year girlfriend. Overall, at least they made Erica's character the way I expected well it is just under the bar of satisfactory but who cares. At this pace, Ena may be introduce by episode 6. Too fast is an understatement.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 17:18   Link #424
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
They compressed volume 1 into 12 minutes, with the beginning of Vol. 2 taking the rest.
It looks like they're still going to do volume 1. It's just that they'll do it at the same time as volume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Didn't read LN, as for anime, some things were nice others made me facepalm. Like Blondie and maid talking to themselves in Japanese even though boy wasn't there.
Small details like that are the make or brake for series that aim to be above average.
It's probably just a translation convention. No big deal. Also, assume that everyone who matters, including Godou, speaks any relevant language. It's magic.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 17:21   Link #425
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
From the Light Novel, there wasn't an instant that Lily would be afraid of Voban. I think that arc is up next. *Sigh* one of the funniest part of the Light Novel was taken out, Pandora's exact saying to who she was to Godou was "Loli step mother" (Literally no joke).
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:01   Link #426
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Am I the only one who hasn't read the LN? Because I feel like the only one who fails to see a real problem with this story.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:11   Link #427
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Am I the only one who hasn't read the LN? Because I feel like the only one who fails to see a real problem with this story.
No problem at all, they're cutting parts of the long exposition from the LN to fit in the anime adaptation. The characters, setting, etc remains the same, there is the chance that they'll re-arrange some events but judging from the next episode preview its unlikely.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:40   Link #428
Archmagination2002
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Once again into the fire I go.. watched episode 2.. shudder!!

Spoiler for Episode 2:


Its something I will never understand.. the reasoning behind twisting the source material to create an 'different' anime. The reason why the series becomes a anime is because its popular and when you twist it into something else you are most likely gonna destroy what made it popular.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 19:04   Link #429
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
So basically....
1/4 didn't watch the anime and think that it's good.
1/4 watched the anime and are ok with the series even if there are some major changes.
1/4 of the people liked the LN and hate the anime.
And the final 1/4 think that Campione is shit.

----

Just finished Volume 2. Basically, if you look at it from the eyes of a hater, you could notice that Godou looks like Touma and go in super-saien mode (talking about the scene at the end of the OP).

Overall, I think that this might turn into a Hyakka Ryouran or whatever it was called (you know, the thing with the samurai girls?) and will get an original plot. My guess is that the first part of the season will be something with Meet&Fall in love, and Te second part about facing gods.

Well, guys, rejoice! At least the coliseum is destroyed.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 19:13   Link #430
Kadi
知識の探求者
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It looks like they're still going to do volume 1. It's just that they'll do it at the same time as volume 2.

*bird of prey = raptor?*

It's probably just a translation convention. No big deal. Also, assume that everyone who matters, including Godou, speaks any relevant language. It's magic.
From what I see, they don't do significant V2 plot yet. They only show the characters. Frankly, I don't know how long the events V1 and V2 are originally apart, but this isn't a problem.

And yes, bird of prey = raptor. On BT we chose the latter because it sounds slicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
From the Light Novel, there wasn't an instant that Lily would be afraid of Voban. I think that arc is up next. *Sigh* one of the funniest part of the Light Novel was taken out, Pandora's exact saying to who she was to Godou was "moe Loli step mother" (Literally no joke).
Yes, she was. If she disobeys, she's dead. Wait, wrong, undead.
And I fixed that about Pandora for you... (it's from V11, but w/e)
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 19:29   Link #431
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
you guys what are u talking about they aren't even out of the first volume
Spoiler for reasons:

Last edited by shadow1296; 2012-07-13 at 20:13. Reason: unneeded quote
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 19:56   Link #432
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
Its something I will never understand.. the reasoning behind twisting the source material to create an 'different' anime. The reason why the series becomes a anime is because its popular and when you twist it into something else you are most likely gonna destroy what made it popular.

Because not everything translate well into Anime scenes, and because sometimes the Author wouldn't mind seeing a different take on his work. As it stands Campione's Anime is still following the ground rules that the Light Novel has set for it, the major changes have only been the sequence of events which isn't really a major offense as far as 'twisting the source' material goes.


About the lack of character background- are you sure you're basing this impression off the very first volume, which timeline wise is where this episode is at, or are you basing it off your entire Light Novel experience? As I've recalled, what little background we know in vol 1 was told through monologues and Narratives, both of which I would hardly call compelling.


For the fight- Half of the 'tension' you speak of comes from the long expositions inbetween each actions. In text form those are enough to create your tension, however in real time, long expositions inbetween gaps does not a good action scene make.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:06   Link #433
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
From what I see, they don't do significant V2 plot yet. They only show the characters. Frankly, I don't know how long the events V1 and V2 are originally apart, but this isn't a problem.

And yes, bird of prey = raptor. On BT we chose the latter because it sounds slicker.


Yes, she was. If she disobeys, she's dead. Wait, wrong, undead.
And I fixed that about Pandora for you... (it's from V11, but w/e)
Thanks for the fix, how did I forget Moe? What I don't get in the anime is that she is wearing lipstick. Also, Yuri, twin front pigtail are actually a little longer in the Novel. As well her way of speaking, well I expected a lot more it didn't seems like a strict and pure Himemiko. The Romance three stooges came earlier than expected though I cannot exactly pin point the two of the three members. Nanami, Sorimachi couldn't find them exactly, but at least Takagi is easy to find though. All in all, what made me like the episode a lot is Shizuka, close to what I imagine her.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:09   Link #434
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Hah?
Vol.2? But they're only showing the characters like some kind of cameo e_e they didn't show any event from that volume so far.

Shizuka is still annoying in anime form...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:16   Link #435
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Hah?
Vol.2? But they're only showing the characters like some kind of cameo e_e they didn't show any event from that volume so far.

Shizuka is still annoying in anime form...
Nothing in vol 2 have occurred yet, though they did show the characters who take part in it. what I hope I mean really hope they didn't change in vol 2 is Lily's lines in chapter 4 part 3. It is a really good part, those who read the Novel had a good laugh at that part.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:24   Link #436
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Nothing in vol 2 have occurred yet, though they did show the characters who take part in it.
Read some posts above, users like Archmagination2002 are basically saying that.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:33   Link #437
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
I read vol 2 clearly, not much of vol 2 has been exposed yet. Well nothing major anyway all they done is introduce the characters, best to not think about it. If you like I can give you a summary about it a PM, though I say it is better for you to watch it in the anime.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:59   Link #438
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
Eeek, I've read a little of the first volume and ouch was that rushed pacing. In the first episode I could see why they rushed the story, even if I didn't like it, but here I'm starting to get worried, the characters aren't getting any time to develop at all.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 21:01   Link #439
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I've never read the LN, yet the whole plot feels like it's a speeding Mag-Lev train.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 21:05   Link #440
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Well, as an anime-only observer of this series, I already feel lost. Episode 2 feels like they skipped a bunch of events about the time when they were presumably still in Italy doing who knows what. Skip some important events later, and they're back in Japan—back to school no less. Did I get that right?

Is the original light novel that dense in detail and exposition in the first place? If so, I can't imagine how a compressed anime adaptation as what we're seeing now, would've been a great idea at all. It's a shame too, as the premise and the lore behind the story seems to be interesting, but the very quick pace of the story is really ruining it for me. The characters are decent and watchable, and the action scenes are decent even... All in all, such lost potential that it almost makes me want to weep in disappointment.

sigh.jpg
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.