AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-25, 19:16   Link #1101
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Ok, she molests you and comes dangerously close to raping you, but it's ok because she's willing to fight to the death for you? Ok.
Yup, you may not have the chance to experience it, but when someone goes to Hell and back with you, you will tend to let things slide.

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 19:21   Link #1102
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

....I don't even know how to react to that. Your morals seem to be... out there, I guess? Not necessarily bad, but, well, out there, I guess?

I for one would not want to be "protected" by someone who deserves a restraining order.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 19:25   Link #1103
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
I for one would not want to be "protected" by someone who deserves a restraining order.
Well if you think about it, you need a special kind of crazy people who would fight crazy things like Gods, mythical beasts, and their killers for/with you.

What? You think a normal human being would do that sort of thing ?

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 19:26   Link #1104
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
So it's ok just because she's hot and totally wants him is that it? That's the poorest excuse ever.
I've seen guys put up with a lot worse crap from the opposite sex. Both in real life, and in anime. What Godou puts up with, involving Erica, is M-I-N-O-R as hell.

I have more of a problem with Godou not stepping up to the plate when these women are throwing themselves at him. But alas, it's the harem male lead standard. And I'm pissing into the wind with that complaint anyway.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 19:28   Link #1105
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To be completely fair, I -kind of- understand what you're getting at if you put it that way. Although in this context, I'd take my chances with Liliana instead.

In my view, it doesn't exempt her from being a horrible woman. At best, a horrible woman one would have to learn to live with. Out of necessity. The whole "She fights for you so you should just continue to let her violate your personal space on her personal whims." just doesn't slide with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I have more of a problem with Godou not stepping up to the plate when these women are throwing themselves at him. But alas, it's the harem male lead standard. And I'm pissing into the wind with that complaint anyway.
So a guy should just go for any girl that falls for him is that it? Whether he actually likes them or not? Or is it somehow impossible for a guy to NOT like a girl due to being a guy and thus wanting to bone all girls no matter who they are?

Last edited by Dengar; 2012-08-25 at 19:39.
Old 2012-08-25, 19:32   Link #1106
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Glad to see athena again lol
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:20   Link #1107
Pong

Pffft I'll take Erica and her mischief over Mariya's nagging ass. Now THAT'S one woman I couldn't stand.

I find Erica rather endearing. It's good to see a female lead who's honest about her feelings.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:36   Link #1108
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^ Now this I can agree with. Erica is anything if not honest. Mariya is just plain unfair to Godou.
Old 2012-08-25, 20:41   Link #1109
Miraluka
Banned

And I agree with both you guys with my heart.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:41   Link #1110
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Eh, Mariya's nagging is kind of annoying, but no one's perfect and it's hardly a debilitating character flaw.

As for Erica, yes, she can go over the top, but that's a part of being friends. Sometimes your friends have annoying habits but you let it slide because they're worth it. Godou is at least honest enough to note that he causes her problems too, and she sticks with him, so it's all even, in his head which is what really matters.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:59   Link #1111
Pong

It would be nice if Mariya had bit of characterization beyond nagging.
Old 2012-08-26, 00:34   Link #1112
CrowKenobi
Est. MMV

Okay, I tried to be tolerant of the discussion that I've removed, but when it never went back to the topic at hand, it had to go. If we want to compare anime leads in depth, making a thread in the General Anime forum would be the better choice.

Let's stay on topic of the Campione! anime going forward.

Thank you.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 00:38   Link #1113
Miraluka
Banned

But, my post too?
I mean this:
Quote:
BUT, the issue here is that Erica really wants him to get into marriage for real, isn't just a "lets get some fun", thats only the bait and he knows it.
It just shows Erica's behavior from episode 2.

Campione's discs are available to order:
http://www.campi-anime.com/goods/bd.html
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 02:41   Link #1114
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Other than ruining his reputation,
He's been an oblivious playboy since at least middle school if not earlier. His reputation was going to be ruined anyway.

Quote:
forcing him into situations he doesn't want to be in, and the fact that he keeps trying to get as far away from her as he can, but to no avail? Nope, no damage at all.
Without her, he'd die. She's the brains of the outfit, even with the other girls factored in.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 05:28   Link #1115
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

And as I said before, since when is "she saves your life" enough reason to just allow someone to invade your personal space whenever they want and treat you like an object rather than a person? It doesn't matter what you say. It's like saying any crime is ok as long as you do something nice also. That's just plain wrong.
Old 2012-08-26, 10:40   Link #1116
Pong

Theres something that the adaptation made a really bad job of portraying: Godou really loves Erica, as in he really doesn't have a problem with spending rest of his life with her. He just thinks she tries to make things to move too fast, but instead of talking it out with her like a sensible person would he opts to act like a jackass. So sorry but I really have no sympathy for him.

Also "ruining his reputation"? People thinking you are super popular lady killer means your reputation is "ruined"?
Old 2012-08-26, 15:07   Link #1117
bludvein

Where do you get that Erica treats Godou like an object? She messes with him but thats not the same thing. She was being at least somewhat serious when she makes moves on him.

Like the guy above said, that's one thing the anime fails to portray very well. Though to be fair, Godou HAS tried to talk it out with her. She just ignores him or turns it into a joke.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 15:51   Link #1118
HandofFate

Erica and Yuri are the extremes in this case lol.

Erica who's 100% loveydovey and Yuri who's 100% nag.

Just shows both forms of the spectrum can be annoying, since most of the time, people complain about the slightly violent tsunderes all the time, and in this case, here's the total opposite.
Old 2012-08-26, 17:32   Link #1119
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
Also "ruining his reputation"? People thinking you are super popular lady killer means your reputation is "ruined"?
In Godou's brain, yes, he doesn't want to be known as a immoral playboy like his gramps, his dad or every other male in the Kusanagi family.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 20:28   Link #1120
Newhope

The more I see of Erica the more I hate her.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen