AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 87 51.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 31.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 8.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.18%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-17, 12:44   Link #301
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
WHAT

OK! sure, as much as I am in love with my favourite pair of boots
Ep 8 of Carnival Phantasm, go watch it
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 14:51   Link #302
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Ep 8 of Carnival Phantasm, go watch it
Not cannon, but hilarious
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 19:09   Link #303
Thess

Quote:
Not cannon, but hilarious
This is Nasuverse. Everything is canon: alternative universes ftw.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 19:19   Link #304
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
^ The time that Gilgamesh-dono, Shirou-kun, Emiya-san, Alex-samaetc. acknowledge in cannon that Saber-chan is worth anything more than an item to be admired and used would be the end of Nasuverse, as well as the end of the late-night-japanese-2D-world
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 16:28   Link #305
Thess

Quote:
^ The time that Gilgamesh-dono, Shirou-kun, Emiya-san, Alex-samaetc. acknowledge in cannon that Saber-chan is worth anything more than an item to be admired and used would be the end of Nasuverse, as well as the end of the late-night-japanese-2D-world
Why is Shirou even allowed an opinion in a kingly matter? That faker should know his place is in the kitchen, cooking dinner for Saber.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-12-18, 19:35   Link #306
Dop
We can't stop here...

You know, this episode made me realise that if they ever do an English dub, they absolutely, positively MUST hire Brian Blessed to play Iskander. It would work so well.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 22:43   Link #307
Guido
Child of Madness

11th War: Holy Grail Dialogue

This is going to be just my opinion upon what I am watching in the anime, because I'm not acquainted with the other works of the Nasuverse like the visual games, the light novels, and the manga alike.

Saber can get from time to time irritating trying to make her points valid to other people willing to listen to her ideals but dissagreeing with them; it's like imposing your outlook on life upon others.

Though Archer and Rider can also impose their views upon others as how life is for either one of them, Rider listened to Saber intently without interrupting her, until he saw ripe his time to take control of the conversation to share his own experiences as king.
Archer, pretty much, let her to believe whatever she wants, as long as her suffering would be providing him with the tiniest tinge of amusement.

I will be biased commenting this, but I agree with Rider's point of view. We can have regrets later when we look back at our lives, and see we made some nasty messes with our lives along the way. Messes that we do not want for anyone else to see or feel too embarrased that we must keep them inside the closet.
However, doing that usually makes us to drag unnecessary burdens in the path of our lives.

Rider lived his life as he felt suitable for him: a greedy king, raging harder than any of his people, enjoying the mundane pleasures of the world, and accepting the offerings and sacrifices of his people.
I'm aware in life he was a tyrant, but he might have inspired others to push forward for the things they wished to seek.

Nevertheless, I do not wish to criticize Saber on her beliefs and ideals, but Rider made another point valid that the King must take into the account all the positive and negative in everywhere, that would as well include the King himself and his people.

If anything this philosophical conversation between three different Kings taught me something, that cannot be compared to Rider's awesome display of his heroic powers.

His Noble Phantasm; a proof that Rider has friends in all places and everywhere.

WHEN HELL COMES TO EARTH
THE LAST THING TO DO IS
PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 00:59   Link #308
Jarmel

This was a fantastic episode. Really showed the time periods each of the Kings came from as well as the contrasting personalities.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 10:57   Link #309
Archer

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-6151.html

The full Episode 11 will air January 2nd. (actually, it's a marathon of the entire cour so far)

REJOICE

Last edited by Archer; 2011-12-24 at 11:34.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 19:38   Link #310
Vicious108

What, really? They're giving away the extended versions of the episodes for free on TV? I figured that would've been one of the main selling points of the Blu-ray release, but apparently not. Oh well, all the better. Really looking forward to see all those potentially juicy trimmings.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 12:51   Link #311
Archer

Just finished watching the re-aired Episode 11. Naturally, this is the definitive version, but there's a lot of subtle differences to make the conversation flow more naturally. Also, a lot more Gilgamesh.

Seems like that they've fixed up most of the off-model here too.

Last edited by Archer; 2012-01-02 at 13:10.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 13:26   Link #312
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Just finished watching the re-aired Episode 11. Naturally, this is the definitive version, but there's a lot of subtle differences to make the conversation flow more naturally. Also, a lot more Gilgamesh.

Thank you god.

Old 2012-01-02, 17:23   Link #313
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post

That sounds fantastic, can't wait to see it. More quality content was expected of course, but I didn't expect them to fix the QUALITY as well. gg, ufotable.
Old 2012-01-02, 17:35   Link #314
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I think the biggest problem rider had with saber is that she wants to turn her past into nothing. For rider, who place utmost pride on people who fight alongsde him, saber's wish is an insult to all the loyal knight who share her dream an fight with her up till the end, something that saber can't comprehend because she's too perfectionist
It's not that she wants to turn her past into nothing (as Rider seems to read that she desires obscurity) but rather that she believes (false, IMO) that someone else was better qualified and would have done a better job than she did.
Old 2012-01-02, 19:36   Link #315
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
It's not that she wants to turn her past into nothing (as Rider seems to read that she desires obscurity) but rather that she believes (false, IMO) that someone else was better qualified and would have done a better job than she did.
There are a lot of things in game. But what seems to get him is that she's stepping over the efforts of her followers and missy has the cheek to say he doesn't care about his (since they are, you know, his greatest treasure). So he proceeds to show how her wrong she is and she's devastated about it.

Old 2012-01-02, 20:18   Link #316
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
There are a lot of things in game.
Not having played the game nor having read any of the VN, I'm guessing based on what I see in the anime. Wouldn't be the first time I misread something.
Old 2012-01-02, 20:54   Link #317
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
There are a lot of things in game. But what seems to get him is that she's stepping over the efforts of her followers and missy has the cheek to say he doesn't care about his (since they are, you know, his greatest treasure). So he proceeds to show how her wrong she is and she's devastated about it.
Indeed. It definitely seemed to me as if Rider didn't plan on going that far initially, which is why he seemed to stop at "That's not how a person should live." to quietly sip on his wine, probably out of concern for Saber and how the harsh truths regarding her reign might affect her. But then she had to go and unwittingly retort with the most absurd and insulting claim possible, thus inviting Rider's wrath and making him expose her every flaw and regret without restraint. And even then, he still mellowed out after Assassin's defeat and gave her some friendlier advice as he left.

So yeah, Saber totally asked for it and Rider was actually pretty nice overall. At least he didn't go about comparing her devastated expression to that of a deflowered virgin's. Which is to say, I've just watched the uncut version of the episode and I can certainly give it the 10/10 I wanted to originally, thanks to a much smoother transition between scenes and dialogue topics, the Assassin's attack having its setup actually displayed on-screen and it actually being the feast of three kings instead of just two, with Gilgamesh having a lot more presence instead of getting the short end of the stick. To be honest I didn't notice any significant improvement in terms of the art work, and it still annoys me that the prior fanservice episode got so much better production values, but the contents were still top notch, making it the best episode yet, as it should have been in the original airing.
Old 2012-01-02, 20:58   Link #318
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
At least he didn't go about comparing her devastated expression to that of a deflowered virgin's.
I loved that part too. Really gave Gilgamesh a nice character touch.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 21:01   Link #319
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I loved that part too. Really gave Gilgamesh a nice character touch.
well Gil is a expert in deflowering Virgins
Old 2012-01-02, 22:57   Link #320
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
To be honest I didn't notice any significant improvement in terms of the art work.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote