AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-06, 19:55   Link #141
com_gwp

A 10/10 from Edge? From those mega-hardasses? Un-frikkin-believable.

With all these 10/10, I sure hope I'm not overhyping myself like with Bioshock Infinite. Can't wait for my Joel Edition to come next week.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:07   Link #142
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Checked

http://www.polygon.com/game/the-last-of-us/3040

Game Spot like said gave it an 8

http://asia.gamespot.com/the-last-of-us/

Metacritic score though is at 96
I read on neogaf that Polygon has a bias for XBox systems. I think I even read that Microsoft owns the company that owns Polygon. So it may be possible that that Polygon reviewer was told something like "The Last of Us is a big killer app for the PS3, give it a solid score but nothing remarkable".

IIRC, I think Polygon was quick to defend all these bad things about XBox One when the shitstorm over it started, too.

Or it could be a reviewers honest review score of the game. But you never know with gaming journalism, which is not of good integrity.
Old 2013-06-07, 19:45   Link #143
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Everything now is a lie till someone gets the product then tries it out first.

Song Composer

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-07, 19:54   Link #144
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
^ I've actually heard ALOT of people broke the street date... hense we can get screebshots like the ones below...

Spoiler for List of skins unlocked after game completion:

Personally... loving the oher Naughty Dog game love <3
Old 2013-06-07, 22:48   Link #145
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
The local retailer at my place listed the game on their list. I'm gonna go checking if they really have it or not. Gotta bring it to my friend's place tonight if it's available .

Btw, is there any co-op split-screen multiplay in the game?
Old 2013-06-07, 22:51   Link #146
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Gotta bring it to my friend's place tonight if it's available .
Just think about how awesome it will be when people bring games to their friend's place when they own XBox Ones.
Old 2013-06-08, 00:13   Link #147
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I read on neogaf that Polygon has a bias for XBox systems. I think I even read that Microsoft owns the company that owns Polygon. So it may be possible that that Polygon reviewer was told something like "The Last of Us is a big killer app for the PS3, give it a solid score but nothing remarkable".

IIRC, I think Polygon was quick to defend all these bad things about XBox One when the shitstorm over it started, too.

Or it could be a reviewers honest review score of the game. But you never know with gaming journalism, which is not of good integrity.
Honestly, the problem with Polygon is like, the Verge, they're extremely opinionated on an individual perspective, and it feels like there's extremely minimal attempt to try to project their reviews from the perspective of the entire team.

For example, Nilay Patel shouldn't be allowed to talk about the XBOne at all. Because of his bias for 'the all-in-one experience', he's favouring Microsoft because he thinks there's no way Sony can deliver the living room experience better. He's assuming that Sony is forced to go into E3 talking about the living room experience.

Yet because he has so much media-time within the Verge to actually talk about the XBONE, he's projecting the image that Microsoft still has an advantage over the PS4, from his own personal opinion, because he places a major value on the living room experience, and his assumption that Sony will definitely suck at it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 00:31   Link #148
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Ugh. Yep, the living room experience. That is what gamers want. Because that is what the successful XBox brand was built on.
Old 2013-06-08, 06:25   Link #149
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Meh, I don't care about the scores in reviews, only about the presentation and if they objectively (discussable, I know, but some manage to make it...) presented the world, it's characters, story, battle system etc. Yeah even that is subjective at times but I find some reviews that get lower scores are well presented and literate heavy. ^^

Honestly, biggest problem is how they are quite generous with good scores these days, so good game means to have an 8 and above, with 7 being relatively average, which is funny.

But yeah, preordered it. Can't wait.
Old 2013-06-14, 18:40   Link #150
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Anyone get this yet? I did pick it up, just waiting for nighttime because sun glare on my TV is atrocious =02. And for the mood of the game as well =03. Any thoughts so far?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 19:28   Link #151
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Still waiting for my copy. It probably won't come by Monday, so if you guys get to chance to play it, please post your opinions. I really want to see if the game met your expectations.
Old 2013-06-14, 19:35   Link #152
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Yeah, I picked it up as soon as our local EB games opened... there WAS a line when I got there... but surprisingly enough... not as big as the line was for Animal Crossing last Sunday~

Anyway... as soon as the opening finished up, I was sure I was gonna love this game. So far... the only complaint I got is that ammo in my opinion isn't as scarce as I hoped it'd be, I've never had to worry about ammo yet. If anyone's got any questions not related on plot, I should be able to answer it.
Old 2013-06-14, 22:28   Link #153
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I think I should take a break . Have been playing for the last 10 hours. Just can't stop playing, as the pacing while isn't fast, it's constantly moving and quite smooth, so I couldn't find the place to stop. I can understand why a lot of reviewers want to give this game a perfect score.

Tried Hard as my first playthrough, and boy does it wipe the floor with me. So far the most difficult fights I had mostly against the human, ironically. The infected could give me the intense atmostsphere, but they are usually easier to handle than those human ones.
Old 2013-06-14, 23:50   Link #154
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Man alive... the first chapter was such a punch in the gut. I knew it wasn't gonna end well, I knew it couldn't, but it still got to me.

Playing on hard too, it's tricky while I get the hang of things.
Sound of Azure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 02:29   Link #155
iceyfw

well the climax of the story went downhill pretty quickly. in fact it made me rage.

Spoiler for ending of the game:

game deserved a 7.7 imo.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 11:57   Link #156
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
well the climax of the story went downhill pretty quickly. in fact it made me rage.

Spoiler for ending of the game:

game deserved a 7.7 imo.
yeah i agree there
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2013-06-16, 02:21   Link #157
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Gonna just repost what I posted on my Facebook:

"So I watched about 5hours worth of "Last of Us" gameplay/walkthrough since it's pretty much the most hyped game this year alongside Bioshock Infinite on youtube (about maybe 1/3-1/2 the game) and concluded that although it's well made and has some high budget, in the end it's very overrated. The two things that majorly pissed me off were that firstly it's set in a post apocalyptic era and has zombies (sigh) and second it's a survival horror... with weapons. I'm sorry but survival horror where you can shoot things and beat things up with baseball bats, clubs and other weaponry just takes totally ruins the scare factor.

Think I'm going to have to wait for Amensia: A Machine for Pigs for my survival horror fix (sequel to Dark Descent). Now that was a recent example of how to do survival horror right."

I think I missed out zilch by not playing the game personally because like Uncharted this a game where you can just watch and still get the same experience. Gameplay is bland, the setting is overused as fuck (post apocolyptic and zombies... whoopee doo)... even though it's well made and high budgeted. But fuck it, 10/10? More like 7/10.
Old 2013-06-16, 02:37   Link #158
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well the game went out of stock on me so I watched play throughs on youtube instead. I can say that I might actually enjoy watching the game more than playing the game myself, and I save some money and time.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 10:35   Link #159
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I'm sorry but survival horror where you can shoot things and beat things up with baseball bats, clubs and other weaponry just takes totally ruins the scare factor.
Sound like you just watch someone playing on easy. I'm not defending the game just because I like it, but I feel like you are just being biased against thing that called "zombie" (it's fungus in this case). The game doesn't scare you by using cheap scary factor in movie, but more like the intense feel at every encounter, and honestly, playing the game at anything below hard and new game+ totally ruins that if you ask me.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:41   Link #160
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
The early part of moving around in a room filled with those damn clickers, yea my heart was racing haha.