AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-14, 05:41   Link #21
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Quote:
If anything, given what generally gets you large amounts of rep and reactions that generate rep, the higher the bar the more uninteresting your posts are, ie. you are either overly critical or just ranting, make extreme long winded posts, have very generic opinions on things, or just abuse a whole slew of cliches in making your points.
Nah, I don't think so. Seeing the "Hall of Fame" for the highest reputations and how the users in this list post in the forums is proof of that.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is online now  
Old 2011-12-14, 05:57   Link #22
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Nah, I don't think so. Seeing the "Hall of Fame" for the highest reputations and how the users in this list post in the forums is proof of that.
That's like looking at post count or join date to determine quality.

When you think of things like that you'll
  • raise stupid posts on a pedestel because they have a high bar
  • look down on good posts because they have a small bar
Fundamentally looking at rep and just judging the post for what it is are two fundamentally different things, so it's unlikely you're doing both at the same time (especially when simply judging the post negates rep) ...so, which forum are you seing? The real one or the rep color-coded one.
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 06:58   Link #23
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
I'm still seeing a real forums, but I am quite protective of my rep points. There, I said it.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is online now  
Old 2011-12-14, 08:00   Link #24
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
What kind of game, though?
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is online now  
Old 2011-12-14, 08:06   Link #25
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
Hmm...

Spoiler for ...:


...that kind of game.


Seriously though, I'm not sure if I've ever sent negative rep, if a post is bad, I call them out like a man.
__________________
Masuzu is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 08:21   Link #26
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ISDB-T
Age: 28
This thread pops up with amazing regularity, and the answer is, as always, stop being such babies. Whoa, someone said something mildly passive-aggressive to me on the internet, anonymously! This injustice cannot stand! I must rush to the feedback forum and propose a ban on the deeply flawed technology that allows such blatantly malicious actions!

Let us pause here for a minute and remind ourselves that we are posting on an anime forum where a thread about the "international saimoe league 2011" has well over 5000 posts. How many of these posts do you think qualify as "constructive", even by the most generous definition possible?

I don't think you watch anime 24/7, so surely you must have noticed that In Real Life, random strangers (or even your friends) actually say mean things to you every once in a while! If you can deal with that (and you sorta have to), then surely you can deal with some anonymous douchebag herping a derp in a comment field on an internet forum.

I just negrepped most people in this thread just because I could. I suggest you Deal With It.


(People like the OP are the reason the reputation system is such a great tool for subtle passive-aggressive trolling; you don't even have to be rude or insulting to get a reaction. In fact, the more silly the reason for your negrep is, the more butthurt people tend to get, since they seem to think the reputation system is actually Serious Fucking Business and that your reputation actually matters.)
__________________
| ffmpegsource
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 08:32   Link #27
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
^ That's not exactly the point, see.

Alright, let's use what you just did as an example, using the rep system to randomly neg-rep people because you can, will you get sanctioned for this? I don't think so. Should you? I don't think so either, there isn't any harm done after all, and the deed is readily admitted to, so it's fine.

But what is the implication? Even if someone doesn't necessarily give too much attention to his car, it's just a car after all, but if someone just walked up to it and started kicking it, well, wouldn't he get pissed off? Kicking a car won't do anything to it, but knowing that someone does something knowing that the other person may take it as a douchey move is a bit irritating, no?


Now, I'm not necessarily taking offense to what you did, I wouldn't phone the police just because some dude's kicking my car.
__________________
Masuzu is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 08:41   Link #28
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
@Detective-san

It's a NUMBER. A series of DIGITS that came about in an arbitrary fashion. IT means NOTHING! Heck it's not even that since you just get random dots based on compeltely random intervals.

It's not something you work for. And if you do work for it then it means you're faking it and everything you say is (potentially) just a bunch of lies for the purpose of building some kind of frontface you can crawl behind.

Concerning your car example. I can go rent a really fabulous car, does it make me a better person when it's next to me? Hell no.
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 08:44   Link #29
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
^ Following his example, I sold my car. That way, although there will be no one to help me shine it, at least there will be no douches flinging shit on it.

On topic, I think it's impossible to fix the reputation system. It is too dependent on the people who are implementing it on their profiles, and each of them have a different style of posting. Unless there's a way to control how rep points can be used, there will be negreps flying around at the slightest "I disagree" post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix
It's a NUMBER. A series of DIGITS that came about in an arbitrary fashion. IT means NOTHING!
All the more reason to take it out completely. I'm pretty sure TheFluff has no qualms about that.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is online now  
Old 2011-12-14, 09:24   Link #30
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Listening to "SENTIMENTAL StepS" on repeat
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I found that if you don't act like an ass towards people here, they won't neg-rep you.

Negative rep (if used properly), can actually be used to tell somebody that what they're doing is unappreciated and needs to stop.
Depends on how you define "acting like an ass". Some may think it applies to you expressing your dislike for an anime with strong wording and without sugarcoating your opinion, even if you aren't attacking anybody. Sometimes the message in the rep is more offensive than the original post itself because its actually attacking another person. It's the equivalent to flooding a town to put out a fire. As has been said before though, it's not a serious system, so I won't ever report a negative rep, unless one person is obviously going out of their way to give me several negative reps out of spite. If enough people hate me, I'll simply delete my post.

As for the topic itself, I don't have a strong dislike for the rep system, so I won't advocate the disestablishment of it, or the negative component. But I do wish there was some way to communicate with those who give you reputation. I've gotten a few instances where I wanted to say something to a negative repper, but of course had no clue who gave it, so I couldn't. I feel that sometimes a little feedback from the receiver on a rep given can convince the rep giver to give out rep more wisely in the future. Maybe we can form some sort of compromise where the rep receiver can send messages to the rep giver while still keeping the rep giver's account identity anonymous.
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Isshuukan Friends
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Miss Monochrome: The Animation
The Little Mermaid (1975)
Space Dandy
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Tempester is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 09:34   Link #31
totoum
Me at work
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I've gotten a few instances where I wanted to say something to a negative repper, but of course had no clue who gave it, so I couldn't. I feel that sometimes a little feedback from the receiver on a rep given can convince the rep giver to give out rep more wisely in the future. Maybe we can form some sort of compromise where the rep receiver can send messages to the rep giver while still keeping the rep giver's account identity anonymous.
Yeah,I've had a couple cases where I could tell the person giving me a negative rep was being honest and polite but just misunderstood my post and I wanted to resolve the misunderstanding.
__________________
totoum is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 10:38   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Quote:
I just negrepped most people in this thread just because I could. I suggest you Deal With It.
Next time, leave a name :P
Quote:
It's a NUMBER. A series of DIGITS that came about in an arbitrary fashion. IT means NOTHING! Heck it's not even that since you just get random dots based on compeltely random intervals.

It's not something you work for. And if you do work for it then it means you're faking it and everything you say is (potentially) just a bunch of lies for the purpose of building some kind of frontface you can crawl behind.
Don't go forgetting that artists work for it! Reputation makes good incentive for them to keep up with requests while practicing their hobby, we discussed about this 2-3 rep threads ago.
__________________
Kafriel is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 11:02   Link #33
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
i think neg rep should come with a username just to filter out all those baseless neg at least then they'll leave a valid reason for negging you.
I have one neg rep that just says "coward" if their username was automatically posted aswell im sure they would of given a more proper response as to why or they wouldnt of neg reped me at all
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 11:03   Link #34
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
This thread pops up with amazing regularity, and the answer is, as always, stop being such babies. Whoa, someone said something mildly passive-aggressive to me on the internet, anonymously! This injustice cannot stand! I must rush to the feedback forum and propose a ban on the deeply flawed technology that allows such blatantly malicious actions!

Let us pause here for a minute and remind ourselves that we are posting on an anime forum where a thread about the "international saimoe league 2011" has well over 5000 posts. How many of these posts do you think qualify as "constructive", even by the most generous definition possible?

I don't think you watch anime 24/7, so surely you must have noticed that In Real Life, random strangers (or even your friends) actually say mean things to you every once in a while! If you can deal with that (and you sorta have to), then surely you can deal with some anonymous douchebag herping a derp in a comment field on an internet forum.

I just negrepped most people in this thread just because I could. I suggest you Deal With It.
(People like the OP are the reason the reputation system is such a great tool for subtle passive-aggressive trolling; you don't even have to be rude or insulting to get a reaction. In fact, the more silly the reason for your negrep is, the more butthurt people tend to get, since they seem to think the reputation system is actually Serious Fucking Business and that your reputation actually matters.)
*yawn* Hey faggot, can you stop whine so much in that broken English. Are you simply racist because all of the conspiracy against Aussie....
.... which is basically the combination of some of the offensive comments from negative rep that i got here. Even put them in italic just to be nice. That was originally my complaint,and if you felt slightly annoyed with the way I put it, that already proved my points. (and there felix,your examples)

Furthermore, I didn't only call to take out the whole system together, i prefer the options to take out only the comments part. And i agreed on Detective-san that, isn't that simply provoking to neg rep someone when you believed that it's important to them? But consider the way you put it in the last paragraph, to say the truth, i won't try to be this nice if it's not on a forum, especially this thread
__________________

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-12-14 at 11:26.
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 11:07   Link #35
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Furthermore, I didn't only call to take out the whole system together, i prefer the options to take out only the comments part.
Isn't that the only part that even has a chance of being constructive?
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 11:14   Link #36
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Isn't that the only part that even has a chance of being constructive?
Maybe only the comments for neg rep?
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 11:25   Link #37
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Just delete this thread, its a forum thats on the internet which is filled full of idiots and douchebags who actually gets some kind of strange pleasure from dissing plp, lets just forget about it and move on theres alot more decent plp at animesuki that makes up for the losers.
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 11:52   Link #38
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
^ Sarcasm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Maybe only the comments for neg rep?
What of the argument that "negative rep is bad because it's ambigous/unclear-why-it-was-given" some of you bring up. Wouldn't this make it worse?
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 12:01   Link #39
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
^ Sarcasm?

What of the argument that "negative rep is bad because it's ambigous/unclear-why-it-was-given" some of you bring up. Wouldn't this make it worse?
It's a different set of problems through.

Problem A: The anonymous comments along reputation can be used as anonymous abuse. Negative or positive reputation points won't change the fact. However most of the time: neg rep , because you only remain anonymous when do something bad toward others

Problem B: The negative reputation points causes "unclear-why-it-was-given" situation

If you don't solve A (by removing the attached comments with Neg rep), Problem B still exist anyway. Make the giver's name public seems to be the best option?
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2011-12-14, 12:16   Link #40
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
This thread is getting way bigger than it's supposed to.
Internet elitism isn't helping the thread in any way either, keep that in 4ch and IRC.
Though I agree, we shouldn't take these rep things seriously. There are decent people in this forum with whom you can have a heated discussion but still keep to be civil.

And seriously, the mod has answered the question of OP since long ago, this thread should be closed before it degrades to further troll and flame wars.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.