AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 11:04   Link #221
Haak
Forever Alone...

There are no other bakers. Behind the scenes, the three girls have eradicated all competition through their utterly ruthless business skills...
Old 2012-05-20, 13:18   Link #222
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wait, what? I've watched the previous EDs like a hundred times and I've never noticed anything. What is this you're talking about?
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-9574.html
This post from this 2ch-matome blog compares before and after. This should make it easier to see the differences.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 14:25   Link #223
LostSome

Now that`s creepy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
So the bread was so well-known enough that the castle sent people all the way to buy bread from them. What will the bakers working in the castle think?
I think Rouna send those poor bakers to the hospital... Probably made them fall into the oven... I have no idea how, but it`s Rouna.

Just how skilled is Rinrin ? Spear, sword, rapier... Rick didn`t look so good fighting her.
And I`m not talking about the outfit.

Any news on my favorite dragonkin pirate ?
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 18:57   Link #224
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
Yeah, they sure are wasting Tony's designs if you ask me. No sex, less fanservice, c'mon! Even Highschool DxD's got more Tits, Ass and stuff in it.
Yes, Tony's work is really wasted here, with no fanservice and no story - again. After we finally had a bit of story in episode 4, high noon for a filler in ep. 5!
Once again we have one big bread commercial. Look, even cute tiny pet demons like eating bread! As an added bonus though, we had some ice cream added in now, since the weather is slowly getting warmer, and another cute girl preparing the ice cream. Still, it was quite bland to watch. I don't know if I'll be able to sit through another filler without falling asleep.

Really, Tony's great art is the only thing this series has going for it. Without it, over 90% would've dropped this after the first episode already. But as I've said once already, Tony's art can do only so much. Hope they'll humble us with some bit of story in ep. 6 again.
Old 2012-05-21, 03:47   Link #225
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Spoiler for Size issue:

I have to admit that scene is just so beautifully drawn, but the subs there ruined it. Meat bucket!? Really!? Meat Baguette sounds more appetizing.
Old 2012-05-21, 07:34   Link #226
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I never played the game, but I keep getting the feeling that there is supposed to be more plot to it than this.

Kagura's awakening has been delayed by so many episodes, do we have enough episodes for some plot or are we just going to get bread all day.

Oh and... more Melty would be nice.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 19:01   Link #227
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I never played the game, but I keep getting the feeling that there is supposed to be more plot to it than this.

Kagura's awakening has been delayed by so many episodes, do we have enough episodes for some plot or are we just going to get bread all day.

Oh and... more Melty would be nice.
As I've already said once, I have the strong impression that this is one big bread commercial, paid for by the Bakery Association of Japan, in order to get people to eat more bread
(Bread is nowhere near as common and popular in Japan as in the West.)
Old 2012-05-22, 03:47   Link #228
TheEroKing
On a Break

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
There are no other bakers. Behind the scenes, the three girls have eradicated all competition through their utterly ruthless business skills...
Spoiler for Extremely Ruthless:
Old 2012-05-25, 13:57   Link #229
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2012-05-25, 13:58   Link #230
Haak
Forever Alone...

How many characters are we gonna find out washed ashore by the end of show?

Episode 7

So...isn't Rick going to do anything about the Cat thief? Is he seriously just gonna let her keep stealing? I know it's for a good cause and all but it still feels like more of a Warped Aesop to me...

Although the pacing went down a bit it was still a pretty good episode that put more focus Rick who was sorely needed the character expansion. But there was a big problem in that we never really got an insight into his thoughts. I really can't stand that. It was such a brilliant opportunity to hear his thoughts and really feel his conflicted emotions but they completely wasted it. This doesn't just go for Rick but every character too. I've not heard any kind of introspection. Just a lot of flashbacks and looking into the distance.

I also kinda wished he said he wanted to find out about his past because then I'd finally feel like it's starting to lift off. Like I said earlier, this show does not make for a compelling mystery.

And I'm kinda surprised we saw the girl wake up and them not making a big deal of it. There's a lot of questions surrounding her that I thought they'd be curious about.

At least the episode had more Amil (though not nearly enough).

Anyway...
Spoiler for Oh shit:
Old 2012-05-25, 17:24   Link #231
LostSome

Poor Rick... They are just telling him he`s better off as a baker.(Well, except cat-girl.)
But it seems he`s more conflicted about it than ever in the end...
So you`re ok with just being a baker ? What are you doing in a bar full of pirates then ?!

Oh and yeah... I`m not sure, but I think we`ll get another one washing on the shore next episode.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 19:03   Link #232
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

I think this anime would have sound better and made a better production if it were...

"Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pantsu!"
Old 2012-05-25, 21:16   Link #233
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This was so much better with out a plot now I dont knows whats going on but its good to see why Xiao-Mei is doing that
Old 2012-05-26, 00:17   Link #234
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 7 + 8

Boy it seems people are prone to being washed ashore on this island it seems. Be it a handsome lad, beautiful and mysterious ladies or powerful gynoids...

It also seems like everyone has a hidden secondary martial profession.

Dang that one scene where the maid falls down with Rick standing behind her, I thought we were finally going to get some fan service.

Looks like episode 9 is going to be the game changer for some serious plot development. I look forward to what will happen next.
Old 2012-05-26, 04:28   Link #235
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

If I were a guy, I would build a hut on the beach just to keep a lookout for pretty castaways.

Btw, best line of the episode. With each episode, Rick's true nature and occupation are further revealed.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 04:32   Link #236
meroko99
anime craze

Send a message via AIM to meroko99
Shining hearts is a pretty good anime!
meroko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 04:51   Link #237
Tiberium Wolf

From ep 7 I have a theory of what happened here. All the ppl washed ashore lost their memories. All the ppl washed ashore work at the bakery. It's granny Madera fault. She gave Bread-Induced Memory Loss to them to eat so that she can have employers working at the bakery.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:20   Link #238
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
About a week or two ago I started watching this show, and I'm finally caught up.

Primarily three things drew me to it:

1) The character designs. Lovely character designs to be sure.

2) There's a fair number of JRPG storylines that I've liked. They tend to do "Fantasy" well. I haven't seen a good, true "Fantasy" anime in awhile, and since I vaguely recall reading that this anime is based on a JRPG, I was hoping I might find one here.

3) A friend recommended it to me.

This anime has been pretty good. It's admittedly been pretty thin on plot, but it has just enough plot so that I don't get completely bored with it. And the protagonists are genuinely likable and fun. The overall atmosphere of the show is like a more fantasy-esque Mashiro-iro Symphony (one of the three main girls even makes me think of Airi).

That being said, I'm fearful that the ending to this is going to be massively rushed and/or underwhelming. There's so many mysteries out there right now that resolving them all by the end of this anime will probably involve lame solutions or rushing things.

Still, this is a fun and quirky little show that makes for good, easy viewing.

Oh, and yeah, that ED is hilarious. It's like the three girls are totally high on drugs during the entire ED dance.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:44   Link #239
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Oh, and yeah, that ED is hilarious. It's like the three girls are totally high on drugs during the entire ED dance.
Yes, it does look like it will be one massive rush at the end...oh well, I think the show is meant to be one massive PV or supporting thing to the game anyway.

The ED, the ED is kinda...creepy...
Old 2012-05-28, 10:42   Link #240
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Thing is, if it's a support to the game, it's two years too late: Shining Hearts came out in 2010.

And I've tried playing it on the PSP. It actually seems decently intriguing, but a total lack of ability to understand written Japanese means that I couldn't really go far with it (unlike, say, Valkyria Chronicles, which is still somewhat understandable.)

Meh, the story is adorable. Though lol Rie Kugimiya typecast as twintails zettai ryouiki tsundere loli - even though she's the same height as the main girls

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote