AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 07:36   Link #421
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Spoiler for Name of MBT?:

Need someone to assist me in naming this tank. Looks like an Abrams.
It looks more like some kind of howitzer. But if I was to say a MBT, the T-95 looks closest to it in the body.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 08:06   Link #422
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Also wish to point out that some scenes are missing from the manga, but it's not serious that one doesn't understand the flow of the 6th episode.

Spoiler for Name of MBT?:

Need someone to assist me in naming this tank. Looks like an Abrams.
That's an SPG....definitely not an MBT. Even the cancelled T-95 doesn't look like that
Old 2012-05-16, 11:52   Link #423
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's now time for Valmet's backstory, huh. Should be interesting. I take it that Karen woman is the student (daughter, maybe?) of the man who wiped out Valmet's unit in Africa.
Old 2012-05-16, 12:00   Link #424
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Speaking of Karen....she really looks like Ryougi Shiki in the anime...
Old 2012-05-16, 12:02   Link #425
ookamigirl

Koko & crew vs pirates! What a treat ^-^
Good thing she's a weapons dealer.
Having that much guns and ammo on board was convenient.
That Scarecrow guy seems to be constantly scheming something with shady guys.
Jonah & Valmet training was nice to watch ^^
The fair was sure full of interesting people.
Hunt for doctor Minami turned into a nice fight.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 12:10   Link #426
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
That Scarecrow guy seems to be constantly scheming something with shady guys.
That's everyone. His distinctive sign is that he always seems to try to bluff when her doesn't even have a hand.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 12:27   Link #427
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...

Oh how I love this anime. I'm glad I found out today that it has a second season coming

Just finished episode 6.

Straight into the action, just how I like it. The fighting scenes whilst on the boats were pretty fun to watch, those pirates stood no chance But as Koko said, how did the pirates get so well armed?

Feel kinda bad for the boy that was forced off the ship by Koko though :S Then again, he shouldn't have become a pirate However, it kind of pinched my nerves when Koko said that she was in a merciful mood. Just what would she have done to the boy if she wasn't? =S

How Scarecrow is still alive, i'll never know XD He's so forceful and straight to the point, i'm surprised he hasn't been killed by anyone yet

What is it with the girls in this anime, they either have no panties on or just use them to distract the enemy, is that some kind of well known technique amongst them or something? Er, not that i'm complaining... Ah well, Karen was one awesome fighter

Damn, Valmer looks so....well, that body of hers! That workout she was doing looked tremendous.

That was a sweet firefight at the end. And those double pistolrs with katana's on them looked freaking awesome! Poor Valmet though, she really looks like she's about to do something crazy.
Old 2012-05-16, 12:30   Link #428
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Valmet's body is a biological wrecking machine...
Old 2012-05-16, 12:42   Link #429
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Feel kinda bad for the boy that was forced off the ship by Koko though :S Then again, he shouldn't have become a pirate
How many child soldiers do you think became such by their own will?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 12:56   Link #430
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
How many child soldiers do you think became such by their own will?
No idea. However, I hadn't come up with the idea that he was forced to join.
Old 2012-05-16, 13:21   Link #431
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire

It always stems from unfortunate living circumstances, but doesn't necessarily have to be one that involves coercive recruitment.

As for Jonah, it'd be quite likely that he was picked up and raised by his commander back then after his parents died.
Old 2012-05-16, 13:26   Link #432
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Doesn't even have to be forced. In that area, due to the wars, fighting, etc, many kids are 'forced' to work early on due to many young adult and teenagers being killed off already. Fighting for pirates to get money/supplies to help feed a family isn't unheard of either.

And Valmet...yummy. Definitely a 'Cool Big Sis' to Jonah. I do like big girls like Valmet so seeing her puts me in a state of bliss. I definitely love the family vibe Koko's group has going for them. Makes their interactions a treat to watch even with Koko not with them.

And OH SHI-! Valment's gonna 'f' up someone's day in another two seconds... That was a psycho grin to make Alucard shiver in excitement.
Old 2012-05-16, 13:54   Link #433
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
As for Jonah, it'd be quite likely that he was picked up and raised by his commander back then after his parents died.
How optimistic.

From what I heard, most child soldiers are just kidnapped or bought as kids, and then forced to fight. (Though I never really understood how that worked.) Endoctrination optional.

I don't know if that'd be the case for pirates, though. Do they need that many men?
Old 2012-05-16, 14:34   Link #434
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's now time for Valmet's backstory, huh. Should be interesting. I take it that Karen woman is the student (daughter, maybe?) of the man who wiped out Valmet's unit in Africa.
Spoiler for Answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's an SPG....definitely not an MBT. Even the cancelled T-95 doesn't look like that
I see. Well it looks like a Palmaria SPG since it's the closest to be the SPG the photo was depicted in the arms fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't know if that'd be the case for pirates, though. Do they need that many men?
Think of Kaspar's warning.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 15:59   Link #435
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What warning?
Old 2012-05-16, 16:04   Link #436
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Regarding Taishinhai as they are a threat since Kaspar faced them already... /Them pirates could be there as a warning.

PS - Found a wiki for the show.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 16:45   Link #437
dfens

The XM-8 is not obsolete it's just ugly as hell and H&K is stuck with the rifle since the US Military canceled their plans to replace the current M-16 and M-4 rifles.

But they aren't out too much all it is a slightly redesigned looks wise G-36 which is a excellent rifle. So it's not like the designed it from scratch only thing is every other country already has a rifle or will pick the G-36 which is a proven design.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 17:40   Link #438
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer

Valmet's face at the end is pure win

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Rennir; 2012-05-16 at 18:17.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 18:16   Link #439
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
The XM-8 is not obsolete it's just ugly as hell and H&K is stuck with the rifle since the US Military canceled their plans to replace the current M-16 and M-4 rifles.

But they aren't out too much all it is a slightly redesigned looks wise G-36 which is a excellent rifle. So it's not like the designed it from scratch only thing is every other country already has a rifle or will pick the G-36 which is a proven design.
The XM8 is supposed to be fairly revolutionary, not in it's firing mechanism or what not, but in its use of composites to lighten the gun and their all new electronic gun sight. That alone should make it standout from the g36. But usually composites = reliability issues, see L85 hah.

No idea if it's true or not, but the gun was supposed to be pretty good. At least it was superior to the m16/m4.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 18:43   Link #440
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well Jormungand has followed the manga, almost word for word at some parts (or that's how it's being subbed). This is how you do a manga to anime adaption, half the scumbag anime industry should take notes.

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen