AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-09, 07:56   Link #261
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Generalizations generally have an element of truth to them. But it's hard to distinguish an element of reality from the whole thing, and it can explode really easily when done improperly. Though I would say this won't be the first or last time this happens-- it's just how people are.

And back to your regularly scheduled program.
I can't resist.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 08:52   Link #262
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
wait wait wait, did this just turn into an anime where students fight over the top spot and even kill for it.....this anime just turned into a weird direction, the other 3 episodes were great too i was really looking forward to the rest but now....meh :P
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 08:58   Link #263
Megacrash Gr
Van!shment Th!s World!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ニューヨーク
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Quite an enjoyable episode. Backstory and characters are interesting. I like Izumiko, she's such a sweet girl.
__________________
Sig by Mouretsu.
Megacrash Gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 10:02   Link #264
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
So the school has a lot of students who are connected to the supernatural. It's just that they keep a tight lip about it.
__________________
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:10   Link #265
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Starting episode 4 now.

Who's that girl that Izumiko is friendly with? Has she been shown before, or is she just a new girl she's friends with?
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:28   Link #266
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Starting episode 4 now.

Who's that girl that Izumiko is friendly with? Has she been shown before, or is she just a new girl she's friends with?
She's her new roommate. I was confused, too.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:43   Link #267
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Finished episode 4.
I say this is when it starts picking up.

I actually consider the first 3 episodes, The Prologue.
Might even go on to say, just watching episode 1, then jumping to episode 4 would be fine.

A big fan of miko + spiritual techiques + gods stories in anime, so even though the first few episodes still seemed a bit passive, I decided to give it another shot.

Kind of looking forward to this spiritual battle royale situation right now.

The twins (triplets) are interesting. Seems they can summon their dead triplet sibling.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 15:42   Link #268
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 33
Looks like Funimation got RDG, with this caption FAIL on this pic

https://twitter.com/PachiPortrait/st...529920/photo/1
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 16:38   Link #269
Dawnstorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The introduction of Mayura was pretty out of the blue, I kept trying to remember if I should remember her from earlier or not,
She was introduced at the very end of episode 3. She had the last line. It was a post-credits scene, so if you've switched off at the ED, you'll have missed it. If you missed it, I suggest you go back and watch it, if only for the brilliant low-key orchestral arrangement of ED-song that played in the background. (Story-wise you'll miss nothing.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 16:56   Link #270
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Ah... I'm not a fan of the ED so I stopped watching when it started playing, apparently it was a bad idea.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 17:18   Link #271
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Since this is the start of a new arc I guess it's normal that this felt like another "1st episode" with all the new characters and setting info being given, I did enjoy it a whole lot more than the 1st episode itself so the show is heading in the right direction for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Ah... I'm not a fan of the ED
You just made me die a little inside,how can anyone not like that ED?

(that's rhetorical btw,don't worry,just the Masumi Itō fanboy in me ranting)
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 19:12   Link #272
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Well I'm not up to date on this show because I dare not watch those pre-airs, but unlike a lot of people I enjoyed episode 1 a fair bit.

BTW, are they going to be preairing the entire season? I find that a bit annoying personally if so because I'm always going to feel 3 weeks behind the conversation since I don't want to watch LQ .
Reckoner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:05   Link #273
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well I'm not up to date on this show because I dare not watch those pre-airs, but unlike a lot of people I enjoyed episode 1 a fair bit.

BTW, are they going to be preairing the entire season? I find that a bit annoying personally if so because I'm always going to feel 3 weeks behind the conversation since I don't want to watch LQ .
Yeah, that'll make things really awkward if they do it the whole time. Guess this will just end up as one of those series I never come here to talk about.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:21   Link #274
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
The entire series is indeed going to be pre-aired, which does make things very awkward for discussions... there's a jump in quality for the third episode and beyond, though, far as I can tell - the first two episodes were only around 40 or 50 megabytes, wheras the third and fourth have been around 180. You might check the third episode out to see if it works for you.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 02:54   Link #275
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You just made me die a little inside,how can anyone not like that ED?

(that's rhetorical btw,don't worry,just the Masumi Itō fanboy in me ranting)
i love that ED too, very nice atmosphere


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
The entire series is indeed going to be pre-aired, which does make things very awkward for discussions... there's a jump in quality for the third episode and beyond, though, far as I can tell - the first two episodes were only around 40 or 50 megabytes, wheras the third and fourth have been around 180. You might check the third episode out to see if it works for you.
man that's gonna be a real bother in terms of discussing this anime....
__________________
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 03:52   Link #276
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You just made me die a little inside,how can anyone not like that ED?

(that's rhetorical btw,don't worry,just the Masumi Itō fanboy in me ranting)
Heh There's nothing wrong with the song, but it's not really my cup of tea, and the visuals are kind of boring. (Pretty but boring.) Well, in any case I'll just skip to the end from now on...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 06:23   Link #277
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Since this is the start of a new arc I guess it's normal that this felt like another "1st episode" with all the new characters and setting info being given, I did enjoy it a whole lot more than the 1st episode itself so the show is heading in the right direction for me.



You just made me die a little inside,how can anyone not like that ED?

(that's rhetorical btw,don't worry,just the Masumi Itō fanboy in me ranting)
No, that - it's the best part of the show for me, and I like RDG. I think that ED is fantastic.

Also, it's not as it it's rare for anime to slip short scenes in post credits, so shutting off the video when the ED starts seems like a bad idea generally speaking...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 06:37   Link #278
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Also, it's not as it it's rare for anime to slip short scenes in post credits, so shutting off the video when the ED starts seems like a bad idea generally speaking...
Eps 1 and 2 didn't have any post-ED scenes nor any previews, so I saw no point in sitting through an ED I'm not particularly fond of. (For that matter, ep 4 has no previews or post-ED scene either.) Clearly, in the future I'll have to make sure to check.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 09:11   Link #279
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well I'm not up to date on this show because I dare not watch those pre-airs, but unlike a lot of people I enjoyed episode 1 a fair bit.

BTW, are they going to be preairing the entire season? I find that a bit annoying personally if so because I'm always going to feel 3 weeks behind the conversation since I don't want to watch LQ .
Yes, they're going to preair the entire series. The only solution to make it possible for those of us who are following the TV broadcast to discuss the show would be to split the thread in two or create a subforum (I doubt that's going to happen though). It's a bit unfair for us to be penalized simply because we care about quality.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 09:15   Link #280
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, they're going to preair the entire series. The only solution to make it possible for those of us who are following the TV broadcast to discuss the show would be to split the thread in two or create a subforum (I doubt that's going to happen though). It's a bit unfair for us to be penalized simply because we care about quality.
What if we make it a policy that those watching the preair just use spoiler tags to discuss the episodes that havn't aired on TV yet?
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, school life, seinen, shoujo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.