AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-22, 18:53   Link #481
potchip

Spoiler for ep 3:

Last edited by potchip; 2012-04-22 at 19:22.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 19:16   Link #482
Marcus H.
Secretary By My Side ♥

Spoiler for ep3:

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 248. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 21:25   Link #483
bumbayker

Great episode. Though there were some minor alterations from the manga it still kept true to it. I like how Kirie was depicted here and the build up of the story. Though I knew what would happen I got creeped out when it shifted Kirie's image of Yuuko. It was very touching in the end when Teichii accepted Yuuko despite what he saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
Spoiler for episode 3:
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:36   Link #484
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

Well hot damn, I stand by what I've said before- Silver Link really has gotten that creepy-artsy-atmospheric-horror thing down.

Two things I like so far is the idea that different people see Yuuko differently depending on what they expect to see her- If you think she's an evil monster then that's what she'll look like, and without realizing it you can be influenced subconsciously just by listening to another 'story', this really does play to the theme of a Ghost that doesn't know who she really is as it keeps everyone guessing as well.

The second thing I like about what this show as done so far is that even if it's slow, we are making some progress in uncovering the truth- so we now learn that Yuuko had broken her leg and that the old shrine was somehow involved... So next time we can compare what we know with any new 'stories' of Yuuko to check it's authenticity.

Though not as dark as [Another] from last season, I would say this show puts up an intriguing story as well.

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:57   Link #485
-Sho-
~Omedet˘~

After watching ep 3 , i saw a competition this season between Rea & Yuuko , who's creepier and better to take as a wife - Rea the zombie or Yuuko the ghost ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 09:07   Link #486
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

Since this is the season of cute 'monster' girls, you should throw in Nyaruko as well Just to make things a little crazy

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 09:30   Link #487
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 3

Interesting episode, overall. We get a little more info on the possible reason of why Yuuko can't seem to rest in peace.

What Kirie saw in the past might actually be Yuuko's dark side, all the hate, jealously, anger and such. However her emotions might of been split in half creating a good and bad ghost of Yuuko.
Old 2012-04-23, 09:33   Link #488
GundamZZ
残念美人

Yuko's ghost form can also appears as zombie. It's ruining of the mood. It's still entertaining.

It is just a thought. Anime episdoe 4 finally make the certain connection to the theme in manga's chapter 1?) It is something to do with the Anthropology and primal tribe rituals.

I just come up an unreponsible idea. Yuko can possess her grandniece, so she can have the happy ending. They look alike, and they seem to be fine with the guy. Haha.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア LutÚcia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2012-04-23 at 09:49.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 09:54   Link #489
potchip

Doubt Yuuko would be satisfied with Kirie's dimensions...
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 10:00   Link #490
-Sho-
~Omedet˘~

I wonder what will happen when Niiya will have to change school.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 10:05   Link #491
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
After watching ep 3 , i saw a competition this season between Rea & Yuuko , who's creepier and better to take as a wife - Rea the zombie or Yuuko the ghost ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Since this is the season of cute 'monster' girls, you should throw in Nyaruko as well Just to make things a little crazy
Why choose? what better decision than going for the monster harem!
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 10:08   Link #492
HandofFate

Episode 3 was pretty good.
Just an anime watcher, but I think the pacing is really good so far. Each episode seems a lot longer than it actually is and it seems a lot of useful content and character development is included in each episode.

man, ghosts are a troublesome thing. The whole preception shapes on how you see Yuuko seems like an important plot point that will be expanded upon as things progress.
Old 2012-04-23, 10:19   Link #493
Random Wanderer

Poor Yuuko. Trapped by what others expect to see. I'm proud of Teiichi, though. While it isn't usually considered a good thing to deny what you see in favor of what you want to believe, in this case the fact that Teiichi could reassert his vision of Yuuko over the corrupted image Kirie had given him is impressive, and worthy of praise.

I hope nobody hates Kirie for this. She wasn't trying to deceive anyone. She really did see something horrific, that convinced her the lovely image of Yuuko she had been aware of was a trick. Kirie isn't a bad person. She really was trying to do what she thought was the right thing.

Of course, with this as their introduction to each other, I imagine people can understand now why she and Yuuko didn't exactly seem to get along very well in the first episode. Kirie still doesn't trust Yuuko, and Yuuko dislikes Kirie for what she did in this episode, not to mention that Kirie's continued distrust doesn't make it any easier for the two of them to get over their differences and get along.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 10:26   Link #494
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Yuuko must have been from a rich family, since she was born the year WWII ended, at that moment in time hunger was pretty common in Japan (see grave of the fireflies) yet she grew to be a very tall and buxom young lady (even by western standards of the era, she beats marlyn monroe's chest measurements hands down). So she must have been well fed all her life (and probably hated by most of her female colleages for her amazonian beauty).

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2012-04-23 at 10:51.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 10:49   Link #495
White Manju Bun
Dancin' fools
*Author

I liked the scene where Teiichi is laying on the bed and Yuuko's on top of him and the shadow from the window makes it look like a fly caught in a spider's web. Good moment.

Maybe if Yuuko was spirited away, the "other" Yuuko we see is what did the spiriting? But why take her form?
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 10:57   Link #496
Random Wanderer

Keep in mind, all, we have already heard multiple different stories concerning the origin of the ghost in the school. It would be unwise to base your assumptions about the nature of Yuuko's death on any of the ghost stories the students are passing around.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 10:58   Link #497
White Manju Bun
Dancin' fools
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Keep in mind, all, we have already heard multiple different stories concerning the origin of the ghost in the school. It would be unwise to base your assumptions about the nature of Yuuko's death on any of the ghost stories the students are passing around.
I get that, Teiichi even said as ghost stories get passed around they change, Im just speculating.
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 11:46   Link #498
ookamigirl

Teiichi & Yuuko. If only she were alive...
Kirie is Yuuko's cousin? That's a shocker.
The shrine was creepy.
Wonder what her story really is.. at least she's not that evil spirit.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 12:09   Link #499
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

I thought ep3 was excellent. Interesting and unusual territory. Like a reverse Beauty and the Beast, in a way.

And this might help explain why they gave us one of the later episodes first. We already know Kirie is a "good guy," and we can maintain our liking for her through these tough scenes where she is Yuuko's enemy. At least that's one gain in exchange for what we lost by going out of order.
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Marika), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Aoharu x Kikanjuu | Charlotte | Dandelion | Gangsta | Gatchaman | GATE | Im@s Cinderella | Jitsu wa Watashi wa... | Non Non Biyori | Overlord | Rokka no Yuusha | Simoneta | Sore ga Seiyuu | Working!!!
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 12:34   Link #500
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 3 was the best so far. Some scenes were quite chilling.

I can't blame Kirie for reacting the way she did. There was no way she could have known the rumor she heard influenced her perception of Yuuko. It's interesting and scary how easily her appearance can change depending on one's mindset. Even Teiichi saw a vision of horror once he started getting scared. The Yuuko Teiichi and now Kirie (I think?) see is apparently the real one, though I have to wonder just how "accurate" what Teiichi sees is... you know what I'm talking about.

No idea what to think of the fact there is a shrine under the clubroom. How could it be related to Yuuko's death? Hmm.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural