AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-30, 10:48   Link #601
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
they cut out the adult who was staying with them... which, by the way, seems also like a completely unnecessary change.
It is always is a big deal in animation whether you have to draw one more character, look at Maison Ikkoku, they cut one character from the manga and gave his lines to the rest of the cast.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 11:24   Link #602
Random Wanderer

Oho? There's also a bit of a shout-out to "The Beckoning Window" mystery, with Yuuko jumping off the roof.

...Damn, that's a colorful sky above the pool.

Teiichi, when a girl strips naked at night and jumps into the pool, and then asks you to join her, she is not telling you to go get your swimsuit.

Bleh. Barbie-doll anatomy. If you're going to show Yuuko skinny-dipping, show it properly, dammit!

Quote:
Anyway, I feel really sad for Yuuko. The decades she's spent all alone must have been very painful. The fact she can't sleep makes it even worse.
She mentioned that the nights always seemed to just pass in an instant, before she met Teiichi. Yuuko wasn't really aware of the passage of time, in the past. She was sort of in a haze, where a day became a month, which became a year, which became a decade... It all just flowed passed her, while she watched, detached. She said in the first episode that she didn't really understand loneliness. Until Teiichi came along and suddenly pulled her back into the flow of time, she didn't really feel the pain of all the time she had spent alone.

Now though, now that she has found him, things are different. She is aware of how happy she is when she's with him, and how painful it feels when he isn't there. She's moved away from just being an empty presence in the school, and in a way has started to become part of the world of the living again. But that is also dangerous for her, because her single touchstone in that world is Teiichi himself. If she loses him... well, it will be the worst pain she would ever remember having felt. This Yuuko is an existence that doesn't remember her suffering and death. What will happen when that existence itself starts suffering?
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 11:46   Link #603
mochichan

This anime got one of the best looking sky i've ever seen......:|
Her ever changing outfits is weird lol...Unless it's not really "clothes" but it's more like Yuko's changing her image to make herself appear differently.

the 2nd ghost kinda creep me out :\
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 12:04   Link #604
ookamigirl

Summer training camp.
Yuuko was kinda acting odd.
The pool part was fun even though Niiya was worried.
Exploring the school at night revealed that Yuuko was sulking.
Seems like she is just a regular girl with a crush.
Niiya & Yuuko's midnight swim was pretty romantic.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 14:50   Link #605
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
She mentioned that the nights always seemed to just pass in an instant, before she met Teiichi. Yuuko wasn't really aware of the passage of time, in the past. She was sort of in a haze, where a day became a month, which became a year, which became a decade... It all just flowed passed her, while she watched, detached. She said in the first episode that she didn't really understand loneliness. Until Teiichi came along and suddenly pulled her back into the flow of time, she didn't really feel the pain of all the time she had spent alone.

Now though, now that she has found him, things are different. She is aware of how happy she is when she's with him, and how painful it feels when he isn't there. She's moved away from just being an empty presence in the school, and in a way has started to become part of the world of the living again. But that is also dangerous for her, because her single touchstone in that world is Teiichi himself. If she loses him... well, it will be the worst pain she would ever remember having felt. This Yuuko is an existence that doesn't remember her suffering and death. What will happen when that existence itself starts suffering?
Yup, that's why she felt so hurt when he stopped going to school for a bit during summer vacation. Before she wouldn't even have noticed but now she counts the minutes before seeing Teiichi again.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 15:13   Link #606
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
And then the killer finishing touch.... my sig, OOOHHH she slipped on those pantyhose LIKE A GODDESS

Oh uh.... the story, right, I laughed a lot at everything, it was a nice blend of Okonogi's antics, Kiri's deadly tears, culminating with Yuuko-san's hilarious marker trolling, oh man I want her
Agreed!!

Story? There was a story??? It wasn't just meant to be a hot leg montage?
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 15:31   Link #607
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
For me, the one lasting impression from Ep4, surprisingly, wasn't the shadow or the legs and boobs. Rather, it's the school itself. The sheer size of it, its many deserted twists and turns, and its numberless mysteries hidden in every corner.

It reminds me of Gormenghast, a castle so huge it was a city-state unto itself.

If not that, then perhaps the more recent castle in the mist.

Either way, I like how the campus is almost a character on its own. It would be interesting indeed if the story developed that way. All in all, this is shaping up to be quite a season of mystery, what with the likes of Hyouka, Tasogare Otome and Nazo no Kanojo. What it rains, it pours.
Yeah, that school is ridiculously huge. And is there any reason why they never ever tear down or attempt to renovate unused old buildings in anime? That's kind of a waste of perfectly fine space...

Quote:

Oh, this had kind of slipped my mind. I blame the flashback shown in this episode. She looked quite sad in it. Her current behavior is also so human it's easy to forget she's an amnesic ghost. That's good then. Well, not really "good", but it's nice to know she wasn't completely miserable all these years.

Her meeting with Teiichi was a blessing that may turn into a curse if she ever loses him. The best ending would be for her to be able to pass on before Teiichi graduates.
Old 2012-04-30, 15:40   Link #608
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, that school is ridiculously huge. And is there any reason why they never ever tear down or attempt to renovate unused old buildings in anime? That's kind of a waste of perfectly fine space...
I dunno if it is a good reason <-- read the introductory paragraph and it will make sense.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 15:57   Link #609
GrimJack

It is very frustrating to read questions or ideas here and not be able to answer for fear of spoiling, I just reread the pertinent chapters this morning and some things were changed and turned around for the sake of flow I guess...

Spoiler for example...:

all in all though it was a pretty good episode
Old 2012-04-30, 16:04   Link #610
Rayrah
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yuuko and Niya's relationship is very endearing, and sorrowful at the same time, since we know they have no future together.
Sad, but true; nonetheless, I can't help but hope that they manage to work out something out and create a future for themselves. It is a work of fiction, after all. But then again, that's just me being overly optimistic.

The midnight pool scene was simply marvelous; I don't think I've ever seen anything use colours so effectively and entrancingly. Those colour combinations were really something. Of course, Yuuko's pulchritudinous body was also one of the main reasons I found this scene to be so enthralling.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 16:23   Link #611
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Sad, but true; nonetheless, I can't help but hope that they manage to work out something out and create a future for themselves. It is a work of fiction, after all. But then again, that's just me being overly optimistic.
I'm think either he will stay with Yuko till he die then meet up with her or they just stay like this forever since she is visible to him and he can touch her.

Another could be Yuko pass on and Kirie and him end up together. But I don't see any romantic connection between them so far tho.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:50   Link #612
Rayrah
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
I'm think either he will stay with Yuko till he die then meet up with her or they just stay like this forever since she is visible to him and he can touch her.

Another could be Yuko pass on and Kirie and him end up together. But I don't see any romantic connection between them so far tho.
That's possible. However, I don't think Teiichi will be able to commit himself to her at such a young age; I still can't get over the fact that they're both only 13. I don't think there's enough time for the anime to build up to such a resolution, though. We're probably going to get some kind of 'neither here, nor there' ending methinks. Mayhap the source material will end in such a manner, as it has all the time it needs.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:52   Link #613
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I think thundrakkon means, if Yuuko put on ordinary clothes, then people would see the clothes moving around on their own. Just like how she was moving things around in ep1.
Yuuko is like Menma from AnoHana last year. People can't see or hear her, most of the time. But they can feel her touch. Which means she can do what Menma eventually did, write and show her messages to people.
But just look at episode 1. Yuuko was dangling that key chain right in front of Okonogi's face, and Okonogi didn't bat an eye lash. Or when Yuuko took the papers right out of her hand. Or when Yuuko tasted her coffee.

The only times four eyes notice something was amiss was when Yuuko wasn't manipulating the item. Like when she dropped the key chain, or when Okonogi notices that her cup wasn't where it used to be because Yuuko put it down in a different place where she left it off.

So taking what was shown, the logical conclusion one can arrive to is that if a person can't notice Yuuko's presence, they can't notice what Yuuko is manipulating either. So while technically her clothes are floating in mid-air, because it is on Yuuko's person, normal people just don't notice it at all.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 18:03   Link #614
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I still can't get over the fact that they're both only 13.
Yuuko's 15.
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 18:03   Link #615
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
It is very frustrating to read questions or ideas here and not be able to answer for fear of spoiling, I just reread the pertinent chapters this morning and some things were changed and turned around for the sake of flow I guess...

Spoiler for example...:

all in all though it was a pretty good episode
Spoiler for ep4 changes:
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 18:17   Link #616
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
To elaborate on that, if the window is foggy, Yuuko can write on the glass and it would be visible. Of course everyone would freak out except for Niiya and Kirie. And as we saw in the first ep, she can manipulate objects as well. She can take clothes and run around with them but for some reason, they 'disappear' as well once she puts them on... It's weird.
So those are actual real clothes that she puts on then? Then yes, it is weird that they disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Well, I think it's a very simple explanation. What we see her wear is actually all in everyone's heads. Like, for example, they go swimming, and since Yuuko-san wanted Eichi to see her swimsuit, to them (Kiri/Eichi), she wore that red-wine colored simwsuit. Probably. Or, remember when Yuuko wanted to talk a walk with Eichi, she said it's cold out, so to him, he saw her wear that awesome pantyhose she had when the weather was colder earlier in the series. And then there's the part when she went naked dipping in the pool, she sure doesn't need a towel to dry off, since, you know, she got out of the pool, and to Eichi, she simply wore them again.

At least that's what I think, all these clothes she's wearing is probably what the 2 subconsciously see her in.
The issue with this idea is that she actively takes off clothes and puts them on. It would be assuming that Teiichi controls Yuuko's actions if that is the case, which I don't believe he is. I think the perception case only applies with what type of image one sees Yuuko as, either hideous or attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So taking what was shown, the logical conclusion one can arrive to is that if a person can't notice Yuuko's presence, they can't notice what Yuuko is manipulating either. So while technically her clothes are floating in mid-air, because it is on Yuuko's person, normal people just don't notice it at all.
I do really like this logic so far. The only issue I can think of is while they did show the keys and cup being moved around, why didn't they also show floating clothes around in that scene as well? It is just inconsistent in that scene. Also, it could be a case of Momoe not noticing the floating objects because she was not looking and because she was busy with something else.
Old 2012-04-30, 18:46   Link #617
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Spoiler for ep4 changes:
I forgot about that one when I was writing but you are right that is a major one

as i said before about the clothes, they are not invisible it is just that people don't notice her so they don't see the clothes either it is not like they are traveling in midair
Old 2012-04-30, 19:56   Link #618
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well for the sake of sanity, Yuuko's clothing issue will always get a handwave in this one. Trying to explain why in the world would a ghost have need of a wardrobe and can slip in and out of clothes that she collected over the years is kinda....

I always attribuited it to the fact that she died in front of an ominous-looking shrine and its power/influence is what's making Yuuko such a special case for a ghost/spirit.

In regards to the cursed rock, since the corresponding episode is out, I'll explain it a bit:
The rock was called 'The Cursed Rock' because allegedly, whoever's name was carved into it became 'cursed' and died. Niiya, while looking over it, found that a lot of names had been carved onto it over the years. While he was looking more closely, he found that it was not a 'cursed' rock after all, but it was made to be that after a certain even 60 years before in the story's time line. As several others had pointed out, what followed immediately afterward was a pretty harrowing revelation but I'll wait until the next ep to see how they go with it.
Old 2012-04-30, 21:41   Link #619
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

The visuals this ep are really really beautiful.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-04-30 at 21:52.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 21:42   Link #620
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Yummy, fanservice episode. Poor Kirie being outmatched in bust size compared to her under classman and her great grand aunt. I wonder where all those genes went to?

Oooh lalala, Yuuko changing into her winter school uniform was....very stimulating.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural