AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-30, 21:50   Link #621
GrimJack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I never gave it much thought until now but Kanoe Yuuko and Kanoe Kirie...

I guess her Grandmother kept her own family name as happens occasionally in Japan when the wife's family has higher status (or more history) than the husband's
__________________
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:04   Link #622
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I never gave it much thought until now but Kanoe Yuuko and Kanoe Kirie...

I guess her Grandmother kept her own family name as happens occasionally in Japan when the wife's family has higher status (or more history) than the husband's
Yes and no.
In this situation, the husband may marry into wife's family. The child will inherit the family name. It implies that the wife's family has no son.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:07   Link #623
GrimJack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Yes and no.
In this situation, the husband may marry into wife's family. The child will inherit the family name. It implies that the wife's family has no son.
thank you for correcting my misunderstanding I really thought it had to do only with family status
__________________
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 23:26   Link #624
mangatron
Gyanko <3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Agreed!!

Story? There was a story??? It wasn't just meant to be a hot leg montage?
I think there is a story I'm not turning a blind eye to it, it's just that the times I post are in the dead times of the day, I don't think but instead let my emotions post for me. And the leg service in ep 04 was just astounding

But let's see what happens when I post during the day (morning), I'm in serious mode now, folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So taking what was shown, the logical conclusion one can arrive to is that if a person can't notice Yuuko's presence, they can't notice what Yuuko is manipulating either. So while technically her clothes are floating in mid-air, because it is on Yuuko's person, normal people just don't notice it at all.
The problem with this theory is that it would also mean whatever Yuuko touches, one cannot see it.

The elevator scene in, ep 02 was it, er I think that was ep 01, is a sure answer to what happens when Yuuko touches something. Rumors of the elevator being used started because students heard it being used, just like the knocks on the night-watch room. Both cases were started by her.

I also believe thundrakkon is correct in that Okonogi simply wasn't aware of Yuuko's antics because she was busy in her notebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
The issue with this idea is that she actively takes off clothes and puts them on. It would be assuming that Teiichi controls Yuuko's actions if that is the case, which I don't believe he is.
I mentioned the dressing scene with Kiri because it shows a rather important detail. To Kiri, Yuuko was not undressing, we simply see her already in her swimsuit mainly because at the time, Kiri was conscious of her own body and since it was a pool scene, and Yuuko is a part of the crew, Kiri was seeing her in her swimsuit already because what Kiri was focusing on were Yuuko's assets (ie, Kiri wasn't interested in what Yuuko would wear, so we didn't get to see Yuuko strip)

Notice that Yuuko has only been seen changing in front of Eichi (so far). Drying from the rain, the change of seasonal clothes, it's not that she's physically changing different clothes all the time, I believe what we're seeing is sort of like Eichi-vision, so for example, subconsciously, Eichi knows it's cold out, so he "envisioned" Yuuko dressing warmly. She wanted to go skinny dipping, Eichi imagines her stripping . If she were physically changing into different clothes that no one can see once she wears them, where do the clothes come from?

Quote:
I think the perception case only applies with what type of image one sees Yuuko as, either hideous or attractive.
The perception one has of her is if you're conscious of the supernatural. How you see her depends on if you are scared of her (Okonogi) or not (Eichi).

Of course, I'm basing these theories on the anime itself, before the series aired I selectively chose to forget the manga, so if there was something explained in there, I still don't think it'll apply to the anime. I find it amusing that some questions such as these are being sidestepped in the anime, so whether or not we'll get a concrete answer, who knows, but I think these theories fit in with what we've seen so far.
__________________

World War 4 will be fought with broomsticks and boobs.
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Blog undergoing Twintail transformation!
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, feeling very sick at the moment from my extremely bad luck...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 23:52   Link #625
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I mentioned the dressing scene with Kiri because it shows a rather important detail. To Kiri, Yuuko was not undressing, we simply see her already in her swimsuit mainly because at the time, Kiri was conscious of her own body and since it was a pool scene, and Yuuko is a part of the crew, Kiri was seeing her in her swimsuit already because what Kiri was focusing on were Yuuko's assets (ie, Kiri wasn't interested in what Yuuko would wear, so we didn't get to see Yuuko strip)

Notice that Yuuko has only been seen changing in front of Eichi (so far). Drying from the rain, the change of seasonal clothes, it's not that she's physically changing different clothes all the time, I believe what we're seeing is sort of like Eichi-vision, so for example, subconsciously, Eichi knows it's cold out, so he "envisioned" Yuuko dressing warmly. She wanted to go skinny dipping, Eichi imagines her stripping . If she were physically changing into different clothes that no one can see once she wears them, where do the clothes come from?
And what's your explanation for the first time she changed clothes, given that the only person with her was Teiichi, and it's explicitly stated that he expected her to be able to simply alter her appearance in an instant and not need to change?

Don't try to make this more complicated than it is. They've told us plainly that she needs to physically put on different clothes. This is not in question. Teiichi did not subconsciously know it was cold out: Yuuko told him it was cold out, and that's why she was putting on stockings and a sweater. Teiichi did not subconsciously picture Yuuko stripping naked to go swimming: he saw her at the pool earlier in her bikini, and any subconscious association going on in his mind would have shown her in that.

What we are seeing right now is what is really there, and what is really happening. Yuuko is putting on clothes, taking off clothes, etc. No one is imagining these events. Yuuko is actually performing them.

Where do the clothes come from? I don't know, and it doesn't matter. No explanation is needed, because it is not important.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:02   Link #626
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I can't wait for the episode where Kirie touches Yuuko (no dirty thoughts). These 2 need to make-up!

I hope the new ghost isn't a add-on to the protagonist harem... or maybe the killer of Yuuko?
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:26   Link #627
mangatron
Gyanko <3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
And what's your explanation for the first time she changed clothes, given that the only person with her was Teiichi, and it's explicitly stated that he expected her to be able to simply alter her appearance in an instant and not need to change?
Let's see, when Teichi first met her, he was quite unsure of what she really is. I mean, he can touch her, so she can't be a ghost, right? I don't remember the story ever pursuing this, as we've never actually seen her undress with anyone around other than Teichi, so there might actually be a special reason why we've only seen her undress with just Teichi around. Or am I forgetting something here?

Quote:
Don't try to make this more complicated than it is. They've told us plainly that she needs to physically put on different clothes. This is not in question. Teiichi did not subconsciously know it was cold out: Yuuko told him it was cold out, and that's why she was putting on stockings and a sweater.
Let me try to clarify myself if I wasn't clear enough. It's not about he made her wear those things, it's about him seeing her put them on. She told him it's cold outside, so he saw her piling them on. Or have you forgotten that he is practically the only one who sees her the way she sees herself?

Quote:
Teiichi did not subconsciously picture Yuuko stripping naked to go swimming: he saw her at the pool earlier in her bikini, and any subconscious association going on in his mind would have shown her in that.
Eh what? She was wearing clothes [that he saw her put on], she wanted to take a dip, so she takes them off, and he sees it.

He saw Yuuko in a bikini at the pool because she was wearing something to show to him. Apparently Kiri and he can see her normal self, so they saw the same thing.

Quote:
What we are seeing right now is what is really there, and what is really happening. Yuuko is putting on clothes, taking off clothes, etc. No one is imagining these events. Yuuko is actually performing them.

Where do the clothes come from? I don't know, and it doesn't matter. No explanation is needed, because it is not important.
my whole point (and the topic of the discussion) is that I do not believe she is wearing some real clothes, as in, if she were to strip Kiri and wear her clothes. Of course she has to actually wear something, but the question I was looking at is is she wearing something that others would see only, and not her.

That's why it's not unimportant. Some viewers are perplexed as to where these clothes come from, and if they were real actual clothes, why does not one see them floating around. I believe she's not wearing "clothes" she bought at the mall because, well, no dough, no product. Which I also believe she cannot simply steal those same clothes, wear them, and they automatically become invisible. This isn't a sci-fi anime

By the way, to answer an earlier question about if Yuuko can pass through objects, it's been shown already that she can't :/
__________________

World War 4 will be fought with broomsticks and boobs.
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Blog undergoing Twintail transformation!
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, feeling very sick at the moment from my extremely bad luck...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:40   Link #628
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
While I'm here...

Quote:
Of course, I'm basing these theories on the anime itself, before the series aired I selectively chose to forget the manga, so if there was something explained in there, I still don't think it'll apply to the anime.
So you're deliberately throwing out speculations that you actually know are wrong?

Quote:
my whole point (and the topic of the discussion) is that I do not believe she is wearing some real clothes, as in, if she were to strip Kiri and wear her clothes.
And what do you think would happen if Kirie were to try to wear Yuuko's clothes? I bet I could tell you, and the answer would not be what you seem to be advocating.

By the way, Yuuko can't wear Kirie's clothes. They don't fit.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:50   Link #629
mangatron
Gyanko <3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
So you're deliberately throwing out speculations that you actually know are wrong?
No, I honestly don't remember much about any chapters prior to the most recent one. As such, I have already learned to treat the anime thread for what it is and not insert manga related topics. Besides, it's been already mentioned that there were some changes in the anime, so I would actually be wrong to insert manga truths into an anime that does not have them at all. But that's basically how I treat it, what happened in the anime stays in the anime thread, and what happened in the manga stays in the manga thread.

Quote:
And what do you think would happen if Kirie were to try to wear Yuuko's clothes? I bet I could tell you, and the answer would not be what you seem to be advocating.
Oh quiz, let me try this ........ I've never thought about that, seriously. I've only been thinking about Yuuko wearing real-world clothes, and not if Kiri would wear some supernatural clothes. That's not possible, is it? If I'm remember another series correctly, there might be some kind of mystical force stopping a real world person from deeply interacting with the supernatural.

Wait sorry, I think that was from a hentai manga

Before I forget.... if Kiri were to wear supernatural clothes, and then.......... if Okonogi were to see her, Kiri would be.....naked!?!?
Quote:
By the way, Yuuko can't wear Kirie's clothes. They don't fit.
Are you saying she's flat? Are you saying Kiri ain't pretty? ABSURDITY! She is cute! That slender body makes me want to hug her real tightly
__________________

World War 4 will be fought with broomsticks and boobs.
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Blog undergoing Twintail transformation!
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, feeling very sick at the moment from my extremely bad luck...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 01:10   Link #630
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Oh quiz, let me try this ........ I've never thought about that, seriously. I've only been thinking about Yuuko wearing real-world clothes, and not if Kiri would wear some supernatural clothes. That's not possible, is it? If I'm remember another series correctly, there might be some kind of mystical force stopping a real world person from deeply interacting with the supernatural.

Wait sorry, I think that was from a hentai manga

Before I forget.... if Kiri were to wear supernatural clothes, and then.......... if Okonogi were to see her, Kiri would be.....naked!?!?
Sorry, answering any of that would be spoilers.

Quote:
Are you saying she's flat?
Much more so than Yuuko, at least.

Quote:
Are you saying Kiri ain't pretty?
No, the only person here who's said that so far is you, just now. Breast size is not an absolute indicator of beauty.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 02:02   Link #631
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
But Kirie is right. Should she grow her hair out, she'd be more physically attractive.

Spoiler for Manga:
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 02:18   Link #632
TheEroKing
Version Zero
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Kirie's "sukebei" is enough to give me raging boner. Adding her nice slender body to that is enough to send you straight to heaven
__________________
TheEroKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 03:28   Link #633
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
But Kirie is right. Should she grow her hair out, she'd be more physically attractive.

Spoiler for Manga:
Depends on one's tastes.
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 04:28   Link #634
TheEroKing
Version Zero
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Since I'm lazy to do any animated stuff here's some static avatars and sigs.







__________________
TheEroKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:06   Link #635
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
The problem with this theory is that it would also mean whatever Yuuko touches, one cannot see it.

The elevator scene in, ep 02 was it, er I think that was ep 01, is a sure answer to what happens when Yuuko touches something. Rumors of the elevator being used started because students heard it being used, just like the knocks on the night-watch room. Both cases were started by her.
Easy enough to explain, as part of the explanation you already said in the first sentence. Things she manipulates cannot be noticed by normal people visually, but if it makes noise noticeably large enough, normal people can hear it.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:20   Link #636
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 23
I don't care what anybody says, Kirie gives me a lady boner. <3
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:21   Link #637
mangatron
Gyanko <3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Sorry, answering any of that would be spoilers.
Gaah... trying to make me remember that manga, eh You can't sway me! I just hope somebody doesn't drop some keywords in here or else I'll remember everything

Quote:
Much more so than Yuuko, at least.

Breast size is not an absolute indicator of beauty.
Aha, you indirectly called her flat! Blasphemy!

And I know some of you would know me as the bouncytron, but I do admit breast size isn't the deciding factor of beauty.... no matter how much my avatars poison you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I don't care what anybody says, Kirie gives me a lady boner. <3

Instead, shouldn't that be.... she makes your nipples hard? *runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Kirie's "sukebei" is enough to give me raging boner. Adding her nice slender body to that is enough to send you straight to heaven
Wait..... what is with the rise in Kiri love? I loved her first, and I love her more than anyone!

But you, the King, lazy? then you're not a king, your more like.... the court jester I think this should refuel your ero-tank:


Hows that, eh? Irresistible, I bet. Give in to yuuko's big ones!

Wha? Your fuel tank not full? Gas prices too high? Darn, how about this:


Gyahahaha, pantyhose Yuuko! IF you got a foot fetish, that should do the trick......huh? Still not enough? Then give in to the beauty that is YUUKO'S BARE LEGS


PANTYHOSE YUUKO



NOSEBLEED

Still not good enough? Shuckles, I'm down for the count and I've only got one bullet left. And when you're out of ammo, you..... SURRENDER TO YUUKO
Images
slightly nsfw Yuuko
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

*mangatron runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I've been wondering who's the troll of the season, and I think she fits that perfectly so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Easy enough to explain, as part of the explanation you already said in the first sentence. Things she manipulates cannot be noticed by normal people visually, but if it makes noise noticeably large enough, normal people can hear it.
That's the thing though, when Yuuko turned Teichi's head away from Okonogi during the pool scene, that was clearly something everyone could see Well, that is Teichi, a living person, so that would make sense why.

I honestly think that things were visible in that room when yuuko was alone with Okonogi, they did show us that scene twice after all. Maybe another episode might clear things up, there really hasn't been enough Okonogi scenes like that so it's not entirely clear who can see her do those.
__________________

World War 4 will be fought with broomsticks and boobs.
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Blog undergoing Twintail transformation!
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, feeling very sick at the moment from my extremely bad luck...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:25   Link #638
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
All so lovely yet the sad thing is none of those artwork is by Maybe himself, sigh...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:32   Link #639
Lukeman1884
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Have we ever seen WHERE Yuuko gets her clothes from? It's not as if they'd just be lying around everywhere. From what I remember, from this ep anyways, she seems to just pull them out of mid-air. If that IS the case, then that puts more behind Mangatron's argument.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:35   Link #640
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

Instead, shouldn't that be.... she makes your nipples hard? *runs*
Silly! XP *gets out a giant paper fan and chases* But perhaps in addition to the lady boner, yes. Muahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Have we ever seen WHERE Yuuko gets her clothes from? It's not as if they'd just be lying around everywhere. From what I remember, from this ep anyways, she seems to just pull them out of mid-air. If that IS the case, then that puts more behind Mangatron's argument.
Up until now, I somewhat assumed that she just appeared to people (specifically, Teiichi) as clothed for the most part. But after reading Random Wanderer's last post, I really wonder...

*Shrugs* I guess this is one of those situations where I don't really care, due to Yuuko's smexyness.
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.