AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 05:42   Link #641
Masuzu
« 勝利のため »
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
All so lovely yet the sad thing is none of those artwork is by Maybe himself, sigh...
I'd barely be able to survive if he went all-out.
Old 2012-05-01, 05:52   Link #642
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Location: Under the piercing blue sky, in somebody's friendzone
And so, the unofficial Paranormal Investigations Club goes on a summer "training camp" in the school grounds. Kirie's more vulnerable side is shown further, and we have lots of good scenes where Teiichi and Yuuko are alone together. Kirie mentions growing out her hair... I approve of this idea.

From an anime only standpoint, the episode was fine. I liked how there were still enough mystery and horror elements to balance out the comedy and fanservice elements. I also liked the colors that were used for the lighting and the backgrounds, and the night sky was beautiful.

The things that I didn't like in this episode were the alterations that were done (yet again) for the anime. A supporting/minor character from the source was cut. Which leads to people asking why they were staying overnight at school unsupervised by an adult.

Don't tell me they plan on minimizing the number of characters for the adaptation as much as possible. Could the fact that there are still only 4 voiced characters after 4 episodes be a sign that the project has budget problems? I now fear for an anime-original episode, or god forbid, an anime-original ending...

Quote:
All so lovely yet the sad thing is none of those artwork is by Maybe himself, sigh...
Any artwork done by Maybe would also count as official art, wouldn't it?
Old 2012-05-01, 12:16   Link #643
Rayrah
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Yuuko's 15.
Oh, my apologies; I'm sure her age has been brought up before, but for some reason I ended up forgetting it. Even so, she's very well endowed for a 15-year-old girl. Not that I'm complaining.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 12:35   Link #644
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Don't tell me they plan on minimizing the number of characters for the adaptation as much as possible. Could the fact that there are still only 4 voiced characters after 4 episodes be a sign that the project has budget problems?
Where do you prefer the budget to go, animating a dull adult that adds nothing worthwhile to the story or into breath-taking scenarios and coloring?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 12:42   Link #645
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
*Yoink!* lol
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:46   Link #646
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Have we ever seen WHERE Yuuko gets her clothes from? It's not as if they'd just be lying around everywhere. From what I remember, from this ep anyways, she seems to just pull them out of mid-air. If that IS the case, then that puts more behind Mangatron's argument.
In the manga chapter 2 page 47 Maybe has drawn a picture of the club room with all the secrets unveiled...

Spoiler for secrets:

She has a habit of picking things up that interest her and she brings them back to her room as she did with the doll in episode 2
Old 2012-05-01, 18:34   Link #647
bumbayker

Quote:
Yup. Since he is the author and artist of the manga. Conversely any artwork done by Silver Link or directly associated with them for the anime series can also be considered official. Such as those in official anime magazines like Newtype.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:29   Link #648
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Where do you prefer the budget to go, animating a dull adult that adds nothing worthwhile to the story or into breath-taking scenarios and coloring?
Can I take it from you that they really are having budget problems, then?
Old 2012-05-01, 19:45   Link #649
GrimJack

I never saw this before and found it interesting as a promo for the anime

http://youtu.be/9HQxuHzEhf4

Quote:
Can I take it from you that they really are having budget problems, then?
no they have only eliminated one character from the stories they have done whether, or not they will concentrate on the stories involving only the four main characters has yet to be seen

Last edited by GrimJack; 2012-05-01 at 22:22.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:07   Link #650
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
no they have only eliminated one character from the stories they have done whether, or not the will concentrate on the stories involving only the four main characters has yet to be seen
They have already eliminated three. Granted, those characters were minor characters, but it does make me worry about just how far are they willing to alter the source material, and which characters won't make it into the adaptation. I'm all for faithfulness to the source, you see.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:14   Link #651
GrimJack

Quote:
They have already eliminated three. Granted, those characters were minor characters, but it does make me worry about just how far are they willing to alter the source material, and which characters won't make it into the adaptation. I'm all for faithfulness to the source, you see.
no they haven't because they did not do those stories
Old 2012-05-01, 20:15   Link #652
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Well, nonetheless, I'm ready for either an adaptation of the manga series or an adaptation based on the manga series.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 40!! Completed: 210. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:20   Link #653
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
no they haven't because they did not do those stories
Doesn't change the fact that they existed in the source. It's still part of canon even if those stories are less important. In fact, I think the alterations to episode 1 is to blame why those stories, and the characters in it didn't make it to the anime.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:51   Link #654
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that they existed in the source. It's still part of canon even if those stories are less important. In fact, I think the alterations to episode 1 is to blame why those stories, and the characters in it didn't make it to the anime.
The distinction is that you cannot truly say those characters have been eliminated until the series is over, and we know for sure that they aren't going to do those stories. The nurse, on the other hand, was actually supposed to be present in the stories told in episodes 3 and 4. And even if they never air those stories, it's one thing to cut out an entire story, and in the process not introduce its characters. It's quite another to cut someone out of a story they were actually supposed to be in.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 02:26   Link #655
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:

Japan don't allow commercial product makers to create doujins of their own stuff IIRC....
Old 2012-05-02, 05:26   Link #656
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Japan don't allow commercial product makers to create doujins of their own stuff IIRC....
Carenelian, Kaishaku, Togashi Yoshiro....
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 05:31   Link #657
Masuzu
« 勝利のため »
*Author

Quote:
In the manga chapter 2 page 47 Maybe has drawn a picture of the club room with all the secrets unveiled...

Spoiler for secrets:

She has a habit of picking things up that interest her and she brings them back to her room as she did with the doll in episode 2
Spoiler for .:
Old 2012-05-02, 09:01   Link #658
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
I never saw this before and found it interesting as a promo for the anime

http://youtu.be/9HQxuHzEhf4
Thanks for sharing that. I hadn't seen it either. Quite impressive visuals. Every bit as good, if not better, than anything I've seen in the anime so far. Particularly liked the seductiveness of not showing her full face, and those ruby red lips, as well. Do you know if there are any more, non-animated promos?
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 09:33   Link #659
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
That so?

Well anyway, haven't seen Maybe make any doujins for Tasogare at the very least..
Old 2012-05-02, 09:55   Link #660
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
When referring to doujinshi nowadays its more often than not understood as hentai. Carenelian and Kaishaku works are known to be hentai which is non-mainstream, and the doujins they produced were based from other mainstream works. As for Togashi Yoshiro he was never known to be a hentai mangaka/artist. And the only "doujin" he ever publicly released was from YYH which didn't have any sexual content whatsoever.

We go back to Cosmic Eagle's statement which isn't false but probably has to be reworded to "Japan prohibits their mangakas to publicly or commercially produce doujinshi (hentai) based from their own mainstream works". I think the reason behind this is they believe if the original author/artist created doujins of their mainstream works it loses it's distinction even if the story isn't canon. Fans and even publishers would probably take it the wrong way since the series was intended for a much wider demographic.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural