AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-07, 07:28   Link #681
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for waffuuuu:

And I must say, while it is quite an entertaining anime, it doesn't have anywhere near the impact that manga has had on me. It's not just a matter of me already knowing the plot either, they just aren't doing that good a job at translating the best scenes with the biggest impact into the anime. Plus, I I'm not too keen on all the skipping they are doing. Sure they probably only have what...12 or 13 episodes? But some of the minor "school life" arcs in the manga were some of the best in revealing the characters and their relationships.
But like I said, I still enjoy it nonetheless so no real complaints there.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 07:53   Link #682
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

I had already decided that Yuuko is the best girl; One of those main heroines that the side heroines can't catch up to...

...But man did Kirie prove me wrong (and then some) in this episode that focuses on her. You think I would have learned my lesson by now not to underestimate the tsundere character even if she's the third girl. Anyway, I knew she was related to Yuuko, but I never thought Kirie was a splitting image of her with the long haired wig... She should give some thought about growing out her hair, that way we'll have two Yuuko(s) for the price of one! Plus the added tsundere bonus perk!

(I was half expecting Teiichi to blunt out that the reason he could tell her apart from Yuuko was by the difference in... Status >.>)
Old 2012-05-07, 08:27   Link #683
novalysis

Technically, Kirie's is being shockingly disrespectful to her elders.... her great Aunt. It's a miracle Yuuko isn't teasing her about that.

Oh, and this episode actually is superior to it's source material, in my opinion. It really brings it out very, very well.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 10:03   Link #684
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode did wonders for Kirie's character. I already found her cute before, but I never suspected she was actually that cute. The beginning of the episode was quite a shock for me since I expected to start where last week's ep left off (the shadow looking over Kirie).

Pleased to see Kirie is finally starting to accept Yuuko, she even touched her for the first time. And of course, what she touched was her left breast (it's a freaking magnet). It made me wonder what she truly thought was amazing: touching a ghost or touching such huge boobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Technically, Kirie's is being shockingly disrespectful to her elders.... her great Aunt. It's a miracle Yuuko isn't teasing her about that.
Is Yuuko even aware Kirie is her grandniece? I forgot if she told it to both Yuuko and Teiichi or only Teiichi. Well, they do have the same last name, but it's not enough for Yuuko to conclude she's related to her. If she does know, then it's indeed a miracle she hasn't teased her about it given her personality.
Old 2012-05-07, 10:38   Link #685
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
(I was half expecting Teiichi to blunt out that the reason he could tell her apart from Yuuko was by the difference in... Status >.>)
No doubt about it, Yuuko is an alpha female and all the club members are her bitches

The reason Yuuko does not tease Kirie about their heritage is that she has a heart, she would/can tease but she never intends to hurt.

I have read many comments about how "unfaithful" this anime is becoming to the original material, there is a fine line with changing the heart of a story and enhancing it, manga and anime are different mediums so a powerful scene in a manga will not necesarily can be translated into an animated medium. Also remember that 100% faithful anime that does not add anything extra does and can flop hard (see Medaka Box)

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2012-05-07 at 10:55.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 10:43   Link #686
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for stuff that should have been in this episode:

Quote:
It's not just a matter of me already knowing the plot either, they just aren't doing that good a job at translating the best scenes with the biggest impact into the anime.
Well, in this case I think it was a mistake to skip some of the things they skipped to get us to the school festival. I particularly think that's going to come back to bite them in the next episode, because it certainly sounds like they're going to do a particular story without having done the setup for it first. I don't think they can pull it off without losing some of the emotional impact.

Anyway. This episode.

I'm glad they stated it plainly that what Kirie saw in the room was not actually Yuuko taunting her, but was simply Kirie's own fears, as a result of Yuuko's "you see what you expect to see" aura. I was dreading having to argue that into the thick skulls of people who would insist on seeing it as Yuuko deliberately torturing Kirie.

And we also got the touching moment (heh. "touching") of Kirie finally touching Yuuko for the first time. Remember that Yuuko said last time that Kirie never touched her. That physical contact has meaning to Yuuko far beyond a mere "get out of the way" push.

I don't know about the series as a whole, though. Up until this episode I could accept most of the stuff they've skipped as earlier, lighter stuff that wasn't necessary. But with this episode they've jumped over a number of actually important and powerful scenes that I think really were necessary, both for story and character development. I don't know what they're trying to do, but I think they're really starting to hurt themselves with the way they're going about this.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 11:10   Link #687
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I have read many comments about how "unfaithful" this anime is becoming to the original material, there is a fine line with changing the heart of a story and enhancing it, manga and anime are different mediums so a powerful scene in a manga will not necesarily can be translated into an animated medium.
Though the anime has somewhat gone astray from source material I still enjoy watching it. It doesn't have the same feel and impact as the manga but at the least it made up for Yuuko. I'm aware that manga and anime are two different mediums and the latter can't always translate the former to the letter. But I honestly think Silver Link could have done a better job in its adaptation and still kept true to the manga. My suspect is the restraining budget which limits them from animating some of the important scenes and stories. I hope they consulted Maybe on this first its obviously different if you're a fan of the manga.

Anyway, this episode was pretty entertaining and gave Kirie some character development. She was also real cute cosplaying a nekomaid which was never part of the story in the manga (though was one of Maybe's illustrations in the tankoban).

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-05-07 at 19:02.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 11:44   Link #688
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
She was also real cute cosplaying a nekomaid which was never part of the story in the manga (though was one of Maybe's illustrations in the tankoban).
I suggest you go read the manga again. With the exception of the fact that they dropped the anatomy model off before the festival started, this episode was quite true to the manga. Kirie was roped in to the cosplay cafe in pretty much exactly this fashion, and we saw there almost exactly what we saw here.
Old 2012-05-07, 11:51   Link #689
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

1. I very much enjoyed this episode. Every character came through for me.

2. [rant]Would people who want to spend their energy comparing this to the manga please put everything in spoiler tags, not just the details, but their judgment as well. Nothing turns me off more than people carping about how the show is not following a manga that I haven't read (this much of it, anyway). It is a big downer that harms my enjoyment of this thread and even of the anime. Have fun, but please do it out of my sight.[/rant] This is just a heartfelt expression of feeling, not any kind of instruction. You're free to do whatever the rules allow. But it drives me away from the thread.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 11:52   Link #690
ookamigirl

Teiichi was totally harassed by Yuuko ^^
Cultural festival & their haunted house were fun.
Momoe & Kanoe sure had a nice fright followed by a date of a kind?
Kanoe's moe side at the cafe was just amazing!
Her conflict with Yuuko was interesting.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 13:41   Link #691
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Like how they actually dragged the model around. Nice job by Okonogi of getting Kirie to dress up. Lack of Yuuko was upsetting though.
Old 2012-05-07, 14:34   Link #692
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lack of Yuuko was upsetting though.
...What lack of Yuuko? Our exhibitionist ghost was not lacking in screentime.
Old 2012-05-07, 15:21   Link #693
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Pleased to see Kirie is finally starting to accept Yuuko, she even touched her for the first time. And of course, what she touched was her left breast (it's a freaking magnet). It made me wonder what she truly thought was amazing: touching a ghost or touching such huge boobs?
It was probably the boobs. It's something from the manga, Kirie always "accidentally" touches other girls chests to have actual measure comparison grounds with herself. In the manga she pretty groped all of the other main girls, saving Yuuko (and obviously the best) for last

About the adaptation, I get the feeling that that Silver Link has been purposely shuffling events for the sake of creating a happier mood within the series, I also suspect that the good mood is going to come crushing down soon, giving the characters a really hard situation to overcome; if anything the next episode title seems to hint that difficulties are going to start soon.
Old 2012-05-07, 15:58   Link #694
mochichan

Kirie was adorable this ep lol
the mannequin was hilarious XD
There's alot more humor in this anime than in the manga..not that's bad but idk...Kinda sad they skipped some part but it's a short season so it can't be help
Hopefully they'll start focusing on the horror/serious parts soon :3
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 16:36   Link #695
Elestia

Really appreciated the time they spent developing Kirie in this episode. Her nekomimi-maid outfit was awesome to behold and combined with her tsundere personality made it into a deadly force to be reckoned with. I want her to call me Onii-chan as well.
Old 2012-05-07, 18:03   Link #696
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I suggest you go read the manga again. With the exception of the fact that they dropped the anatomy model off before the festival started, this episode was quite true to the manga. Kirie was roped in to the cosplay cafe in pretty much exactly this fashion, and we saw there almost exactly what we saw here.
Oh, my bad. Thanks for the correction. It's been months since I last read that part of the manga. The anatomy model and the other mystery was what I remembered about the school festival arc.
Old 2012-05-07, 18:20   Link #697
GrimJack

Spoiler for The inclusion of Momoe's friends Hitomi and Manako...:

I really am enjoying the anime, is it the manga?? No but it is great in its own way.
Old 2012-05-07, 20:39   Link #698
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Just watched three and four and it's a crime how sexy Yuuko is animated. A crime.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 21:25   Link #699
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Just watched three and four and it's a crime how sexy Yuuko is animated. A crime.
I guess that makes us all guilty as charged.
Old 2012-05-08, 00:21   Link #700
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

This episode was ok. It shows us more of the side characters such as Momoe and Kirie, but wow I totally surprised how much Kirie looks like Yuuko in her outfit. She really is part of the family. I am however, starting to wondering if Yuuko's sister has anything to do with her death.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural