AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 01:52   Link #821
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Speaking of the Seven Wonders of the Seikyou Academy, have the production team decided to mention them on the very last parts of the anime? The manga repeatedly pointed out that certain mysteries belong to the Seven Wonders, and I think the anime would instead bring that up by Episode 11 or 12.

Breakneck pacing isn't really the anime series' fault. Take note that the story has already spanned two years, and it will be really weird if they try to take things slow.

Quote:
霊魂
Interestingly, that word can mean "soul gem" in an alternate interpretation.
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 03:28   Link #822
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The problem is we skipped over a dozen of chapters that establishes how much these ghost stories take hold of the students and the build up to the climax in this arc is longer. I also think the anime went a little overboard with the insanity of the students, like when they tied Kirishima down.

In the all too common conclusion, read the source material.
Figures. I did also feel that the episode was a little rushed so as Solace says, some of the crucial build up in the case itself was probably lost too.
Old 2012-05-16, 07:17   Link #823
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Breakneck pacing isn't really the anime series' fault. Take note that the story has already spanned two years, and it will be really weird if they try to take things slow.
No, it is their fault. There are a couple of perfect places to end the anime series on an open but satisfying note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Figures. I did also feel that the episode was a little rushed so as Solace says, some of the crucial build up in the case itself was probably lost too.
So, go read it. Maybe's art is enough reason, throw in the art and it's a no brainer.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 09:34   Link #824
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Quote:
There are a couple of perfect places to end the anime series on an open but satisfying note.
And leave the story with only four of the Seven Wonders solved? I don't think it's good enough to leave it at that part. Honestly, the series are better off as a 24-episode series if not that this cursed one-cour trend.

Old 2012-05-16, 09:35   Link #825
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
So, go read it...throw in the art and it's a no brainer.
Hmmm, not yet. Other than this episode, I've actually enjoyed the show quite a lot. The comedy is awesome.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:15   Link #826
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
And leave the story with only four of the Seven Wonders solved? I don't think it's good enough to leave it at that part. Honestly, the series are better off as a 24-episode series if not that this cursed one-cour trend.
Most of the Seven Wonders end up being Yuuko being bored around the school anyway.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 11:26   Link #827
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Yuuko Kirishima finally appears... later than expected. Visually, the adaptation of the Akahito-san arc mystery looked good to me. Although we didn't get to see Akahito-san itself in its bloody glory too much. I agree with others who found the scene where Y. Kirishima was tied up listening to the paranoia of the other students a bit too long, though. On the other hand, I'm surprised barely anybody noticed what Kirie saw at the end of the episode...

Quote:
Honestly, the series are better off as a 24-episode series if not that this cursed one-cour trend.
Not only is this cursed one-cour trend the problem, what appears to be quite a limited budget for the adaptation is also another problem.
Old 2012-05-16, 11:33   Link #828
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Yuuko Kirishima finally appears... later than expected.
Not really...they skipped a lot of content before her appearance...

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 11:35   Link #829
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
On the other hand, I'm surprised barely anybody noticed what Kirie saw at the end of the episode...
We noticed, but it's like the third time that ghost has appeared (and always at the end of an episode...) so it doesn't make much of an impact anymore. I just hope this cliffhanger will actually lead somewhere this time.
Old 2012-05-16, 11:51   Link #830
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Not really...they skipped a lot of content before her appearance...
Maybe I should've rewritten that to "later than I expected", because I had hoped that they wouldn't skip the earlier content relevant to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
so it doesn't make much of an impact anymore.
It shouldn't have come to this. Another unwanted side effect of all the content skips and changes.
Old 2012-05-16, 12:33   Link #831
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
A minor detail, but 七不思議 (nana fushigi) is better translated as seven mysteries, not wonders, since it refers to unexplained phenomena occurring at a school, that are subject to some urban legend-like speculation, rather than divine intervention. Technically though 不思議 (fushigi) can mean both, but in this context, mystery captures the intended meaning better IMHO.

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-05-17 at 09:48.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 15:11   Link #832
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Hmmm, not yet. Other than this episode, I've actually enjoyed the show quite a lot. The comedy is awesome.
Just read it eventually, no rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Most of the Seven Wonders end up being Yuuko being bored around the school anyway.
I don't even know how many of them are solved in the manga but this series really isn't about the Seven Wonders/Mysteries - it's about Yuuko being sexy mysterious.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 07:18   Link #833
Lukeman1884

Ehh, I could've believed the students tying Kirishima up and leaving her somewhere, like on some sorta makeshift altar or something. But taking a craft knife to her? That's just unbelievable to the point where I found the latter part of the episode more funny than scary, which is what I assume it was trying to be.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 09:55   Link #834
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

"tying Kirishima up and leaving her somewhere, like on some sorta makeshift altar" will look like a mere prank. Akahito is supposed to take the blood from other students as the story says, and many believe that the blood inside the heart is the most important blood in the body (see Aztec offerings).

Old 2012-05-17, 14:30   Link #835
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder if what took place in this episode is mirroring what happened to Yuuko, at least to some extent. Her corpse was close to a shrine, so she might have been sacrificed to whoever it was the students feared at the time.
Old 2012-05-18, 09:13   Link #836
klare

eps 6 feels a bit draggy and messy, why they cut Yuuko2 uniform...

anyway hope the next eps they will not ignore this ending again like they did to the eps 4 ending
Old 2012-05-18, 13:57   Link #837
Kyouka
Is Here

i think im going to drop this series for now maybe pic it back up at the summer time
not really liking the way their taking the anime plus my schedule is full atm
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 14:57   Link #838
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Speaking of the Seven Wonders of the Seikyou Academy, have the production team decided to mention them on the very last parts of the anime? The manga repeatedly pointed out that certain mysteries belong to the Seven Wonders, and I think the anime would instead bring that up by Episode 11 or 12.

Interestingly, that word can mean "soul gem" in an alternate interpretation.
No... it is their fault. There are plenty of stories that they cut out, and for the current arc, they failed to foreshadow it properly.

In the manga, the rumors of Akahito-san were spread even before the blonde Yuuko appeared and the story arc officially began.

The anime didn't really foreshadow it much at all, leaving the arc to appear isolated and the mob reaction all the more extreme. It's like one day they were normal faceless students, then the next they were out for blood. There is less of an indication that the rumors about Akahito-san existed for a long period of time.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 18:31   Link #839
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I understand people's complaints about things not being well foreshadowed and run out there in a bit of a rush, but that isn't affecting my enjoyment at all. This was another terrific episode, for me. I'm feeling the main characters more and more.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 18:59   Link #840
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
I have only read a couple of chapters, and I agree with Kaoru, the anime by itself made me interested in the manga, which is usually the objective of such productions. From the little I read the atmosphere and characters are maintained, thanks to skipping part of the plot, which for the anime would probably be a limiting factor compared to its paper source, where it would be its main strength. In the end they are different media, and its production has different objectives, which is good. I just retain some small reservation for finishing the anime and reading further into the manga.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural