AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-18, 19:12   Link #841
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

The objective of an anime is to make money :<

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 19:22   Link #842
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
The production committee of any anime makes money in multiple ways, BD/DVD sales is just one of them.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 20:13   Link #843
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The production committee of any anime makes money in multiple ways, BD/DVD sales is just one of them.
I suspect they expect at least to break even with disc sales and profit from everything else. At least that iis what a friend of mine that makes the local convention says, the entrance tickes are mostly to pay the production costs and everything else is most likely his real profit.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 22:56   Link #844
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I suspect they expect at least to break even with disc sales and profit from everything else. At least that iis what a friend of mine that makes the local convention says, the entrance tickes are mostly to pay the production costs and everything else is most likely his real profit.
Generally speaking DVD/BD sales are important, but depending on who funds each project they might be more or less depending on singles/BGM sales, manga/LN/game sales boosts, advertisement, doujin works, figurines, affiliated magazines, licenses... and so on for profit.
Old 2012-05-18, 23:42   Link #845
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
The objective of an anime is to make money :<
It's damn right. The top of sale chart is Nisemonogatari. It's many times of other current anime. It looks other anime like niche market. It's hard to believe that Nisemonogatari's bizarre body language and coloring had such good reception. The DVD/BD sale proves this format is successful.

It's possible the staff of try to copy that type of experimental art. So, they inject this element into episode 6 of Tasogare Otome. Though, I doubt this direction would boost the sale. Tasogare Otome is decent in its own way.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア LutÚcia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 08:52   Link #846
-Sho-
~Omedet˘~

Damn episode 6 was really bad. Don't make like Another...
I know that jap irl are afraid of ghost stories etc... but in anime it's so overuse... srly , if everyone pound out ghost stories then japan is no more....
Well , it was also so rushed.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 09:06   Link #847
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Overused, yes, but it also reflects the superstitious culture of Japan combined with the effects of rumors in school activity. Of course, things of this scale doesn't happen (that often), but being the subject of school rumors is the most "lethal" form of bullying in Japan, whose culture revolves around self-preservation.

That aside, complaining about the episode being rushed is really understandable.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 09:44   Link #848
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Overused, yes, but it also reflects the superstitious culture of Japan combined with the effects of rumors in school activity. Of course, things of this scale doesn't happen (that often), but being the subject of school rumors is the most "lethal" form of bullying in Japan, whose culture revolves around self-preservation.

That aside, complaining about the episode being rushed is really understandable.
.......What? I don't understand what you are trying to say
Old 2012-05-19, 10:04   Link #849
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

I might be mistaken about the culture part, but I really don't like this series to be compared to Another. It really ticks me off.

Old 2012-05-20, 01:48   Link #850
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

^I agree. Seems like kind of a silly comparison to make, imo. TOxA isn't aiming to be anywhere near that level of seriousness.
Old 2012-05-20, 02:21   Link #851
Malkuth
Banned

The thing is that one is intentionally funny, while the other by accident... but not to be unfair Another had great moments, but suffered from a very inconsistent atmosphere and a very weak plot that developed against its characters.
Old 2012-05-20, 03:49   Link #852
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

^ Neither is intentionally funny, IMO. The bad horror moments just end up sticking out like a sore thumb in Tasogare Otome. In comparison, the bad horror moments in Another are lined up like convicts due for execution by firing squad.

Anyway,

Old 2012-05-20, 04:38   Link #853
Doria

I'm enjoying this series, as an anime-only viewer (though I have gone back and looked at a few chapters of the manga after watching the same parts).

I don't really expect too much from it, and it doesn't disappoint. I can imagine how a manga-reader would feel that too much is compressed--and I'll be honest and say that the descriptive comparison of ep 6 with the manga does sound logically better--but just enjoying it for a relatively light series, with a mix of supernatural, comedic, and romantic elements seems fine, too.

The only episode I really felt was out of place was the first one, primarily because in a short series like this, there is a lot of plot to cover, and I felt that there wasn't really any material in that episode that couldn't have been covered more briefly in another one. But maybe those who have read the manga feel otherwise?

At this point, I feel like it's hit the pace it wants to move at. So while one might take exception with the decision for direction, I don't think it's accidental in its speed. Ack, awkward sentence--it's late... Anyhow, I'm liking the series, and it even makes me laugh occasionally. I won't say it's the best series this season, but it's perfectly enjoyable if you're not expecting it to be straight horror or something.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 04:41   Link #854
Malkuth
Banned

Let's leave Another aside (unfortunately it's indeed OT to compare shows), but for what concerns the Tasogare anime (and not the manga), I do not believe that the intention was at any point to create a feeling of horror, rather building up an atmosphere of mystery, while the main focus is on the light-hearted and humorous character chemistry. That whether is in line with manga or not, seems to me very intentional, when I consider the directors previous works.
Old 2012-05-20, 05:14   Link #855
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

silver link is doing a great job in my opinion, there are some changes regarding the manga, but this is one of those strange cases where i prefer the anime over the original(at least at this point), also i found funny the compatison with another, because the last episode, since ritual sacrifice in japanese horror is as cliche as the black guy dying first in hollywood horror.
Old 2012-05-20, 17:07   Link #856
Okashira
Honos628

So, episode 7 now retakes a mystery that has been hinted since pretty much episode 2. Many skipped scenes from the manga were retailored for this episode and ended up looking nice, the pacing was much natural than the previous episode.

Spoiler:

The modified ED scene felt nice.
Old 2012-05-20, 21:54   Link #857
GrimJack

I thought the episode was very sad, great but sad. a few changes of course but I feel effective ones.

Spoiler for I have always...:

Last edited by GrimJack; 2012-05-20 at 23:25.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 22:42   Link #858
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

*Constantly waiting for an "USODA!!!!!" to appear anywhere* XD
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 23:28   Link #859
Elestia

The episode kinda felt a bit flat the way they kept jumping around the story. They finally came around to revealing the true purpose of the "cursed rock" but the timing and execution didn't bring much revelation as it should. Then, when Shadow Yuuko arrived her presence seems to flicker in an out of the 2nd half of the story, but neither Teiichi or Konoe seem to take the shadow seriously even though it was oozing pure hatred and malice from every pore.
Old 2012-05-20, 23:35   Link #860
potchip

About time they introduce some conflicts into up-until-now a smooth sailing romantic comedy.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural