AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

View Poll Results: Read the subject line.
None -- Fading to nothingness is where it's at. 3 7.89%
Some -- A few stains here, a puddle there...maybe some red bootprints way over there. 12 31.58%
A lot -- Let it gush out all over the place, with some severed limbs thrown in. 11 28.95%
Excessive -- HmmhmmhmhmhmhmhuhuhuhuhuhuhHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 12 31.58%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-12, 18:04   Link #21
Maikeru
Fabulous Muscles

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru
i like a lot. but really it depends on what kind of game it is.
Maikeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 19:23   Link #22
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
I dunno. Depends on the game I guess. Lemme give some examples of some games I've played in the past and my view on them.

Soldier of Fortune. When this game out, I remember the dismemberment of enemies was a big deal. For me, it was just a lame gimmick and was overdone so I disabled it. I discovered with violence off wherever you shoot a beam of light shoots out of the spot you hit. This was ten times cooler than the gore and it was easier to see where you shot someone. Plus, it was cool to see beams of light shooting out of your enemies heads when they got shot.
Duke Nukem 3d One of fave games to this day, and I love the blood and violence in it. For me, it serves a purpose. It's pretty darn funny. Once I discovered gibbing enemies made Duke spout audio comments, I was an rpg addict.
Half-life I felt the blood and gore wasn't overdone in most places and where it was overdone it was bit amusing. Sniper rifle in TFC, anyone? You headshot someone and their entire body explodes.
Mortal Kombat 3With the pansy way Lui Kang was screaming the whole game, I wanted about 5 gallons of blood to spout from him.
Max Payne Turned off the blood here...can't remember why. Probably didn't have a valid reason to keep it on.

Ok, after carefully looking over these 5 games, I guess I only want blood in games if it is funny. Kinda twisted, isn't it. Oh well.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote