AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 07:51   Link #721
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well after wonder finish it all yet it ok series give i'm still on squick/brain bleach on whole salvia drool love issue.

give yet also tell feelings & sense things as well now that you don't see everyday.

of strange way wonder how will it be dub?

as for ep itself more of the sister having with talk with urabe, also meet tsubaki's dad just in time for last ep, & mom give on grave.

yet urabe visit grave & feeling even more oh my yet overall series ok to watch as long you can make it through saliva/drool love.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 10:14   Link #722
Rungelunge

I was wrong being worried about the last 2 episodes because of the "original" content. This was a beautiful series from start to end, props to the anime director who really did put effort in the series and the characters. BGM and voice cast were awesome and I'm sure full OP and ED will be as sweet as Urabe's saliva.

Now I wish I knew some japanese because this interview to the manga's author and anime's director seems very interesting:

http://www.excite.co.jp/News/reviewm...8508.html?_p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
There were a couple of very minor differences from the manga, not that they altered or interfered with the story in any substantial way. But there is one little added bit that I just can't help wondering why they injected it into the scene.

Spoiler for episode 13 and manga chapter comparison spoilers:
I think it depends on the subs you watched. She says Oka-san (obvious bacon expert) an not okasan (mother).
Rungelunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 15:11   Link #723
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Is this a gaff on the part of the anime staff? When the whole Tsubaki family is at the graveside, there are two bunches of flowers in the holders, one on the left-hand side, and one on the right, which they presumably put there. But when Urabe subsequently visited the grave, there was only one bunch of flowers on the left-hand side, and she inserted a second bunch into the empty holder on the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rungelunge View Post
I think it depends on the subs you watched. She says Oka-san (obvious bacon expert) an not okasan (mother).
That makes sense. Now I remember the wrapped bacon things that were in the bento that Oka had prepared. Presumably, Oka showed Urabe how to make them in a Home Economics class, or Urabe just figured out how to make them on her own from Oka's example.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 18:04   Link #724
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Bravisimo. Expectations blown out of the water.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 19:34   Link #725
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Stylish and unapologetic in every sense. I love how it used the retro designs, but never fell into the trap of looking like it was trying too hard. An excellent series, and worthy of a re-watch if only to better appreciate how the author's themes are carried throughout.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:19   Link #726
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Let's hope for a 2nd season
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 22:11   Link #727
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

I didn't realize until the final episode that Tsubaki's sister was in the ending animation. Kept thinking that was Hayakawa for some reason.

Pretty good series overall, but that interlocked arms drool sharing scene at the grave had me rolling.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 22:40   Link #728
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Aside from the "previous crush" arc, which had potential but fell flat due to the fact that the previous crush was manipulative and cruel, yet we're supposed to sympathize with her, the show was good. Okay, there's the fact that I wish Tsubaki wasn't the same No-Name McBland I see everywhere, but thankfully, he's around Urabe a lot, so that didn't bother as much as it should have.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:51   Link #729
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

The failing of the "middle school crush" arc was that it didn't animate the conclusion to her side of the story, which I felt left things in the air.
Old 2012-07-02, 03:46   Link #730
Gohan78
Awakened One

I wish to join the choir of praise for this show. It's one of the rare anime that managed to improve on its manga source. It did it with a clever reordering of the chapters, good music, direction and voice acting.
The only minus is that I wanted to see even more chapters adapted. Hoping for a second season in some years, when the manga reaches its conclusion.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 08:44   Link #731
Dop
Mmmm....

What an absolutely beautiful way to end the series. I've always liked this show from the offset, and believed that once you looked past the strange drool fetishism aspect what you had was a delightful romantic comedy with a nostalgic style that set it apart from all the rest.

I do so hope this gets a second season.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 11:41   Link #732
Rungelunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Is this a gaff on the part of the anime staff? When the whole Tsubaki family is at the graveside, there are two bunches of flowers in the holders, one on the left-hand side, and one on the right, which they presumably put there. But when Urabe subsequently visited the grave, there was only one bunch of flowers on the left-hand side, and she inserted a second bunch into the empty holder on the right.
Another one: this hand should be Urabe's and not Tsubaki's, as they are sucking their own fingers at the end of the "ritual".

Spoiler for big mistake:

In other news some fortunate people has received BD Volume 1 and they are already enjoying the Opening song CD.

Spoiler for big pics:
Old 2012-07-04, 12:34   Link #733
justsomeguy

This was the surprise of the season for me. I originally wasn't even planning to watch the show since the synopsis made it sound like a generic harem with a ridiculous premise, but boy was that misleading. I ended up loving the retro art, retro music, and Urabe. How the mangaka and anime writer managed to turn the concept of a complete weirdo with magical saliva into the cutest and most caring girl of the season as well as the most well-developed romance is beyond me. Besides the other weird romance show (Sankarea), this was my favorite.

9/10. Hoping for a second season.

Currently playing: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon; Ys Memories of Celceta
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 17:26   Link #734
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
This was a great series all the way through. Urabe is perhaps the most refreshing female character in ages, especially in a romance anime. Heck, the whole premise and developments were pretty original. Sadly, i bet it would get more attention if they followed the obvious tropes more closely. But as it is, Nazo no Kanojo has my respect.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 18:21   Link #735
Rungelunge

One of my favorite chapter was already voiced in the Drama CD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGts9ohZ5ys

It would be great they animated it as an extra for the BDs. :P
Old 2012-07-05, 22:03   Link #736
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely finished this and it just dumb the whole thing was like watch a grade school relationship with only a few good moments

5/5 maybe it would moved faster it would of been better
Old 2012-07-05, 22:13   Link #737
MAX_COLA_POWER!

It's gonna be sad when this thread moves to the older series section...I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, but I'm just afraid it's gonna get forgotten .
Old 2012-07-10, 11:04   Link #738
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

3588 for Vol. 1. Not great, but not too bad - better than I'd feared, frankly.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 03:30   Link #739
FDW
AH.com Ambassador

Well. this was a rather pleasant show to watch. Not the best out there, but Urabe's VA was just godly…
Old 2012-08-22, 20:33   Link #740
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
3588 for Vol. 1. Not great, but not too bad - better than I'd feared, frankly.
Yeah can't say I'm overjoyed either but I still find it satisfying.

Just as a reminder the OVA is out and I hope it gets subbed soon.

Gonna wait for subs to really judge it butI can see why they went with this as an OVA rather than a TV episode,it's arguably the most surrealist episode of the show so it kind of sticks out from the rest.

Tags
romance, seinen