AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 02:08   Link #321
ninja_pintu

Wow, the new opening. It's become one of the most impressive openings I have seen in last few years. And boy was that dance segment awesome. I lol'ed at Mutta and Hibito dance at the end

As for the episode itself, it was yet another brilliant one. This anime does an awesome job at making its character likable. I am actually hoping that the old guy makes it. He really shined in this episode. And the chimpanzee guy(Ya-San) was really good too. And then, there is Mutta, holding his own as the main character. If there is a problem with creating interesting side characters, it is that the main character himself may start seeming dull. Though with Mutta, I doubt we will have that problem. It also is very refreshing to see an observant protagonist for once.

I am actually liking this series more than planetes right now. So yeah, I am glad we get to see 50 episodes of this
Old 2012-07-01, 02:24   Link #322
leokiko

Indeed, they are making him too likable. While I am obviously rooting for Mu-chan to pass, it's getting hard to decide which of the others I want to pass too
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:23   Link #323
ookamigirl

This time we get some more info about Fukuda.
Losing his glasses made things even more difficult and his age is starting to get to him.
Looks like he was doing all this for his daughter Ryoko.
Mutta & Furuya name bet sure was funny to watch ^^
Everyone was worried about Fukuda's performance drop.
I was kinda surprised Furuya had it in him to do a nice thing for someone else.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 08:09   Link #324
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

No more Feel so moon
The new OP is pretty good (especially the animation) nothing can top Feel so moon. My favorite part of the new OP is the Afro-eclipse. The dancing was amusing as well (but why isn't Makabe wearing a wig?).

The episode was great once again. Fukuda is indeed a very likable character. He has quite a poignant backstory. There's no way not to root for him after seeing that. If he fails this time, it's pretty much all over for him.

Now, the problem is that I am also very much rooting for Mutta and Serika as well. That's three characters for only two spots. I can only hope the third one will be accepted as well (the director did say fewer or more people could pass depending on the results of this third exam).

The next episode looks interesting. Seems like a ploy from the examiners to create tension to me. I can't fathom why anybody on the team would want to break the one and only clock.
Old 2012-07-01, 08:56   Link #325
Kirarakim

I noticed Kenji & Serika in the opening but none of the other examinees. I wonder if that is an indication that they do indeed pass the exam.

It is hard to pick who should pass because many of the characters are likeable. I didn't like him at first but even Furuya is growing on me.
Old 2012-07-01, 09:19   Link #326
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I noticed Kenji & Serika in the opening but none of the other examinees. I wonder if that is an indication that they do indeed pass the exam.
That's always been a given (them + Mutta). I'm hoping a couple more will pass.
Old 2012-07-01, 09:31   Link #327
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's always been a given (them + Mutta). I'm hoping a couple more will pass.
Serika yes, but I actually wasn't so sure about Kenji. He seemed that he might of had second thoughts because of his family.
Old 2012-07-01, 18:45   Link #328
Kirarakim

Sorry for the double post but this deserves a bump to the first page:

This series was just licensed by Sentai for home video release (I am excited but also hope Sentai is not over extending themselves)
Old 2012-07-01, 19:04   Link #329
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
This series was just licensed by Sentai for home video release (I am excited but also hope Sentai is not over extending themselves)
That's great news! Thank you. I was just thinking today about how much I would like to buy DVDs for this series so I could watch with other people.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 19:40   Link #330
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

We got a new opening and a glimpse into Fukuda past. I don't know how others feel about him being a good father or not, but for me, I wouldn't chose a plausible dream than spending as much time with my kid. She only has one childhood to go through. Really a tough pick between the two.

Kenji seem to fall in the same category as Fukuda, I wonder is he gonna have second choices or at least shown to think about his goal and his family in future episodes.

Monkey goddamn stubborn!
Old 2012-07-06, 12:07   Link #331
klare

sacrificing nearly everything to chase your dream, that itself is very hard, go Fukuda beat the youngsters

they manage to give us another nice OP
Old 2012-07-08, 06:31   Link #332
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 15:
Old 2012-07-08, 07:38   Link #333
ookamigirl

Fukuda got new glasses.
The annoying alarm test put some the members of the other team on the edge.
The case of the missing clock in Mutta's team made them suspicious.
It's interesting how such a small thing can make them turn on each other.
By now, they should know that everything is a test.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 09:04   Link #334
Kirarakim

I am surprised but Furuya (along with Serika) is becoming one of my favorite characters. He's more interesting to me because of his flaws. Yeah he can be annoying but I think deep down he's a good guy as evidenced by the glasses thing. Plus I like that he has a sense of fun doing that hand stand thing with Mutta.

Now the character I don't like is that nasty guy in Kenji's group. I hope there is more to his character because I find him to be really despicable.
Old 2012-07-08, 11:11   Link #335
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Feel bad for Kenji since he really got stuck with a rough group. The problems of the point system definitely starting to come into play. This situation is going to breed angst since you are competing with someone, but a point system just makes that more clear. The ones lacking points will try to sabotage the ones ahead of them to try and catch up.

I thought Mutta was on the money with his theory. You break the clock and leave it so that the applicants will suspect each other. Instead see Fukuda breaking the clock and I'm left wondering why. It might make sense for JAXA to ask him to break it since otherwise why do it? They give him this touching backstory and then make him the one who broke the clock....just weird.
Old 2012-07-08, 14:27   Link #336
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 15:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 18:25   Link #337
Dop
We can't stop here...

Wasn't Fukuda one of the people they hadn't seen at the previous exams? In which case he (like the guy with the bobbing leg in Kenji's group) could easily be an agent provocateur inserted by JAXA to stir things up.

Maybe the alarm in Kenji's group is also a JAXA ploy to stir things up as well?

All psychological tests to find out who's most likely to cope with long space journeys.
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 18:43   Link #338
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Two problems happening at the same time for 2 groups? I am betting on JAXA, that this was planned. So far we do not know how the alarm was sound. iirc, no one was allow to bring excess belonging into the dorm, correct?

Fukuda had ties with JAXA before, though we were shown his past, they did not show us his recent past (before this exam). Either way, if Fukuda did on purpose, it would add more to his character, than the nice friendly old geezer following JAXA order.

Kenji... I feel for this guy. Being place in a problematic group and specially with one guy taunting him about his FAMILY and possible death... In a way, Fukuda past reflects onto Kenji alot.

GL
Old 2012-07-08, 19:48   Link #339
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I've just got to say, the new OP and ED are both tremendous.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 02:29   Link #340
cyth
ふひひ

Spoiler:

Tags
science fiction, seinen