AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 21 26.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 25.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-30, 02:57   Link #161
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It's kind of obvious to me that the other void user was the guy who 'kidnapped' Guy's girl. And now, Shu has to walk the same path as Guy. Just random speculation .
I bet that real Mana's inside the crystal. She was prob with Shu when she turned into whatever alien hybrid she is now. The void users originate from whatever alien hybrid that Mana is now and Yuu wasn't able to fully become whatever Mana needs so it's Shu's turn.

I bet that Mana was never Gai's girl. He prob can't get over being turned down for Shu. I think that he was prob also a failed experiment and that's why he knows so much about void users.
Old 2011-12-30, 06:15   Link #162
Soji

^I thought was confirmed that Mana had chosen Shu at that time .between what Gai said in episode 10 and the flashback. but whatever we probaly have the confirmation in the next episode if all goes well. I don't know how right you are...but I think you 're on something there.
Look at this pic
Spoiler for image:

It's hard to see but in the center seems to be a girl (or something similar) in the fetal position. And with long hair ,even though I still think that there are two sides of Mana one the good inside Inori and bad / evil side inside the original body of Mana.And I really beginning to wonder (like you)if the void genome that shu own now it not been born by Mana or Mana was the original owner of that power.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-30 at 08:46.
Old 2011-12-30, 07:16   Link #163
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeones View Post

Even the most rough soldiers need to be mentally prepared for war... what you think would happen if you'd send an unprepared teenage boy in the middle of a raging battle?

That's why my position is: I wouldn't mind if Shu was a little more heroic at times... but considering the proposal of the show, I wouldn't call him pathetic.
Spoiler for :):

Spoiler for :):
Old 2011-12-30, 09:00   Link #164
Soji

^Are you trying to say that you think that they will take that route?
Old 2011-12-30, 10:31   Link #165
Xeones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
God, I hope that doesn't happen...

Well... Kira, at least, has the excuse of being in the Gundam franchise. They have a tradition of "teenage boy stumbling upon a weapon of mass destruction and turning into the most capable pilot ever" that dates all the way to the first "Mobile Suit Gundam" back in 1979. It's like a tradition in the series... much like the "crazy blonde guy in a mask" and every series fielding at least one ace pilot that uses a red mobile suit.

I'm a Gundam fan... so my opinion is biased, but from all the series I've seen, SEED is the one with the most annoying characters. It's a not a bad show, and I enjoyed watching it, but when you compare it with the other series (especially the ones in the original "UC universe", or with more recent Gundam Wing or Gundam 00)... it leaves much to be desired.

Anyway... coming back to Guilty Crown. Let's all pray that Inori doesn't start singing "Fields of Hope" in the middle of the battle . Seriously, if Shu ends up like Kira and Inori like Lacus... the series will loose much of it's original intent. It's too late to make these drastic changes in the characters personalities. It's like my fried says: "If it's too late to fix the mistake... then at least make sure you go all the way to the end with it." (it sounds better in portuguese... but the general sense is the same).
Old 2011-12-30, 21:45   Link #166
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the only thing I hate from this episode is Shu... he's so immature.... lol
at least, he can show some cool solo action here to pay his mistake

anyway, I can't differ between Mana and Inori... what did she mean by saying "She will come"

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
Old 2011-12-31, 00:33   Link #167
rakusukira

Quote:
I'm trying to say they have the same hair color..

Quote:
God, I hope that doesn't happen...
I'm a Gundam fan... so my opinion is biased, but from all the series I've seen, SEED is the one with the most annoying characters. It's a not a bad show, and I enjoyed watching it, but when you compare it with the other series (especially the ones in the original "UC universe", or with more recent Gundam Wing or Gundam 00)... it leaves much to be desired.
well, in my HONEST opinion, compared to WING and 00, Seed is a step higher in terms of characters and plot. although Seed had a few references to older series, it still held its ground and became an original. let's just pretend DESTINY didn't happen

Quote:
Anyway... coming back to Guilty Crown. Let's all pray that Inori doesn't start singing "Fields of Hope" in the middle of the battle . Seriously, if Shu ends up like Kira and Inori like Lacus... the series will loose much of it's original intent. It's too late to make these drastic changes in the characters personalities.
Inori already started singing in the middle of the battle but only with a different song.. and I'm pretty sure Shu won't end up like Kira..
Spoiler for :)):
Old 2011-12-31, 06:02   Link #168
Crontica

Mana: Just as planned - Called it.
Old 2011-12-31, 06:25   Link #169
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
I'm trying to say they have the same hair color..

Inori already started singing in the middle of the battle but only with a different song.. and I'm pretty sure Shu won't end up like Kira..
Spoiler for :)):
Spoiler for comparisions:

Anyways, a bit off topic, I guess I have a thing for pink hair singer girls. And I love Fields of Hope as anata ni okuru ai no uta, musically speaking only Sheryl disappointed me a bit.
Old 2011-12-31, 09:30   Link #170
Xeones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
well, in my HONEST opinion, compared to WING and 00, Seed is a step higher in terms of characters and plot. although Seed had a few references to older series, it still held its ground and became an original. let's just pretend DESTINY didn't happen
That's why my opinion is biased . Gundam Wing was the first gundam series I watched, that was back in 95~96 when it aired in Cartoon Network (*sigh*... those were great times). It may not be the best series in the franchise, but certainly holds a special place for me. As for the second part... agreed; GSD never happened, it was just a collective hallucination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya
Anyways, a bit off topic, I guess I have a thing for pink hair singer girls. And I love Fields of Hope as anata ni okuru ai no uta, musically speaking only Sheryl disappointed me a bit.
Speaking of which, the actress/singer who does the singing for Inori has an amazing voice. I really enjoyed the insert song during episode 11. Somehow, it felt different from the version in the ending... it sounded much better.
Old 2011-12-31, 09:49   Link #171
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Spoiler for comparisions:
Spoiler for spoiler:

But I admit, I'm really curious to see how the series will continue if they already have unleashed the apocalypse (more or less) in the mid of the serie.
Old 2012-01-02, 21:06   Link #172
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

lol... that's a great comparison....
now you guys reminded me a lot of Gundam SEED.... (time to rewatch? lol)

nope, they're different.... at least Shu is more coward and get in more comfortable position while Inori is completely innocent

well, my friend said that this series is more similar with Evangelion

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
Old 2012-01-03, 09:48   Link #173
Arya

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:

But I admit, I'm really curious to see how the series will continue if they already have unleashed the apocalypse (more or less) in the mid of the serie.
eheh, i usually don't watch the previews, my bad here. But now I'll surely go and watch it
Anyways I agree on the curiosity even if
Spoiler for speculations:

Quote:
Speaking of which, the actress/singer who does the singing for Inori has an amazing voice. I really enjoyed the insert song during episode 11. Somehow, it felt different from the version in the ending... it sounded much better.
Me too, I really like when a song is distorted coming back on the rails to give emphasis to the peak moment.
Spoiler for just in case:
But I'd like to have heard a new ED, even if it could be difficult to surpass this one.
Oh, and I like the OP quite a bit, too.
Old 2012-01-03, 14:13   Link #174
dark998

New episode 12 preview

http://www.guilty-crown.jp/story/#11

This is going to turn out even more amazing.
Old 2012-01-03, 17:13   Link #175
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
New episode 12 preview

http://www.guilty-crown.jp/story/#11

This is going to turn out even more amazing.
Seems like we get tiny glimpses of spoilerish material. A void that looks like a weapon. Most other voids aren't shaped like weapons but can be used as weapons. This "void" seems to be shaped like a weapon... hmmmm...

Spoiler for THE WEAPON!:

Who is that old guy with the moustache?
Spoiler for Old Guy:
Old 2012-01-03, 19:33   Link #176
Xeones

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Seems like we get tiny glimpses of spoilerish material. A void that looks like a weapon. Most other voids aren't shaped like weapons but can be used as weapons. This "void" seems to be shaped like a weapon... hmmmm...

Spoiler for THE WEAPON!:
It would be nice to see another weapon... the only actual "void weapon" we saw was Inori's sword, which is capable of unleashing hell against it's enemies... a "gun-void" would be something really destructive, probably capable of firing massive beam-like shots that annihilates everything in it's path (which is a commom cliche in animes... also known as the famous "BFG")

Quote:
Who is that old guy with the moustache?
Spoiler for Old Guy:
I think that the guy is Arisa's grandfather (the head of the Kuhouin group). I can be wrong, but it looks like him.
Old 2012-01-03, 23:53   Link #177
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Actually there is no new footage in that preview, its a collage of scenes from episodes 1-11 with the normal episode 12 preview mixed. What is spoilerish is the dialogue, especially the last one which confirms

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-04, 00:01   Link #178
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Can anyone update the thread for the next episode. I got wind that it will be on January 13 and not 12.
Old 2012-01-04, 00:10   Link #179
Xeones

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Can anyone update the thread for the next episode. I got wind that it will be on January 13 and not 12.
I guess that depends on which side of the International Date Line you are
(or maybe it's days 13 and 14... I always confuse the standard for the IDT)

Anyway... on wikipedia (english version) it says that it will air on the 13
Old 2012-01-04, 02:03   Link #180
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
What is spoilerish is the dialogue, especially the last one which confirms

Spoiler:
This is something I want to see
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
If you look carefully at the end of this preview,you notice that the date is 1/12
But probaly Xeones it's right and depends on which side of the International Date Line you are.
Closed Thread