AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-26, 04:42   Link #2061
pirateking
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's 24 episodes. Clearly you did not read the site you actually linked. If you did you'll know that Vol9 only has 1 episode in it.
You are right, it did state only 1 episode on vol.9 WTF???

I looked at the price, its the same as other volumes, who in their right mind would purchase a BD with only 1 episode? Unless episode 24 is at least 40+mins long, this is clearly outrageous for BONES to have us wait an extra month to purchase a 20+mins episode on a single BD at regular price. I feel for the poor Japanese people.
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 05:01   Link #2062
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateking View Post
You are right, it did state only 1 episode on vol.9 WTF???

I looked at the price, its the same as other volumes, who in their right mind would purchase a BD with only 1 episode? Unless episode 24 is at least 40+mins long, this is clearly outrageous for BONES to have us wait an extra month to purchase a 20+mins episode on a single BD at regular price. I feel for the poor Japanese people.
I agree there's something very suspicious about it. But we'll probably find out what "extras" the final volume will have later on. ^^;;
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 12:49   Link #2063
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
What's the name of the track playing when Ao saw Eureka im his cockpit in episode 17 ?
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 06:00   Link #2064
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
by the way, why the third engine on the other LFO not working..it supposed to be derived from nirvash? lack of compact drive?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 09:35   Link #2065
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Ao is a bit cruel. He founds out about the 3 pilots and immediately after he ignores that there's a third pilot and only cares about the other 2. Feel bad for the "leader" of the group.

Glad to see that the investigation trio turned out to be very helpful in figuring out what's going on and that Ao isn't going insane.

Elena though seems to be faking her ignorance and knows exactly what's going on by her statement when Ao discovered with his own eyes that he changed things and couldn't bear to see if he made things better or worse for everyone.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 12:59   Link #2066
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Ao is a bit cruel. He founds out about the 3 pilots and immediately after he ignores that there's a third pilot and only cares about the other 2. Feel bad for the "leader" of the group.
He did look Maggie up, but Chloe was the only one he knew personally. There were also several Maggies in the database. Is he supposed to check every one?
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 23:54   Link #2067
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
He found out where that Maggie was though, though he immediately changes the number from 3 to 2. He doesn't know the other girl yet he cared enough to mention her and just forget about the leader of the group. Poor girl just never gets a break even when she isn't around anymore.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 00:18   Link #2068
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
He found out where that Maggie was though, though he immediately changes the number from 3 to 2. He doesn't know the other girl yet he cared enough to mention her and just forget about the leader of the group. Poor girl just never gets a break even when she isn't around anymore.
"Girls with the name Maggie Kwan have been found in Hong Kong and Singapore." -- Georg

No, he didn't find Maggie, he found two possible Maggies in two different locations. He didn't even get pictures. Chloe and Maev had the benefit of additional search parameters. Namely, he could locate two blood-relations and narrow their location by country, allowing him to accurately pinpoint them. To put it another way, if you're looking for a John Smith, you don't just look for John Smith. You look for a John Smith and anyone or anything you know to be related to him so as to find the right one. Same thing with Chloe. If he searches for her alone, he might not get the right one. A Chloe with a sister Maev living in Ireland produces an accurate result. He does not have that luxury with Maggie.

More to the point, the fact that Georg is even telling him about Maggie means he asked about her in the first place, so he did not forget her as you're trying to imply. He merely didn't track her down, because he wasn't sure where to look and he didn't know her that well anyway. The two had zero personal interaction.

Stop trying to act like Ao is being cruel because he didn't pay a visit to a woman he barely knew when they actually worked together, much less after her life has been completely changed.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 00:23   Link #2069
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Than Ao needs to stop crying about the team and just say what he's really thinking about and that's Chloe. It's messed up for him to be worried about the team but when he searches he only cares about Chloe and the other girl. Last time I checked the team had 3 members, Ao needs to remember that the next time he tries to guilt trip himself over the team since he doesn't care for the team at all and just Chloe.

So too bad for them that they got their lives screwed up by Ao too, Ao doesn't seem to care. Only Chloe matters, so he should say that instead of pretending that he cares about what happened to the team.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 01:09   Link #2070
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
So because I've demonstrated that he did make an effort to check on Maggie, you act like he's being deceitful by doing so since he only cares about Chloe? Are you just trying to demonize him? Would you rather his thought processes go, "Screw those two, I only care about the munchkin."?

Ao does care about the team, specifically that he might have erased them, but the only one of them he knows personally is Chloe, hence why he shows more concern for her than he does for the others. This is a concept you need to grasp, since you're stuck in this black and white perception of Ao's feelings, i.e. if he doesn't make the absolute maximum effort to see them, he doesn't give a shit. It's just ridiculous logic.

He can be reasonably sure Maggie is alive, so he doesn't need to check every Maggie in the book to make sure. He takes the extra effort with Chloe because he does know where she is, and because they developed an actual bond. In addition, the reason he went in the first place was to confirm his theory that they'd be happier not being pilots (which he chickened out on).
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 01:28   Link #2071
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
That was not an effort, he saw thta it would require effort and gave up. He didn't give a rats ass about the rest of the team yet he pretended that he did. The only one he was concerned about was Chloe, so it's wrong of him to say he's worried about the time when he only wanted to check up on Chloe.

Furthermore, he could be reasonable sure that Chloe was alive. That didn't stop him from taking time off to find out. So again, he doesn't care at all about the team or that he may have ruined their lives. The only one he cares about is Chloe so he should say that since that's how he really feels.

What you need to understand is that Ao kept acting like he was concerned about the team and he may have ruined their lives. Yet in reality he only cared for Chloe, he isn't being truthful with himself. As he had shown when he immediately discarded the lead girl even though he can't even be sure she's alive(no picture) while he drops everything to just see Chloe.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 01:46   Link #2072
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That was not an effort, he saw thta it would require effort and gave up. He didn't give a rats ass about the rest of the team yet he pretended that he did. The only one he was concerned about was Chloe, so it's wrong of him to say he's worried about the time when he only wanted to check up on Chloe.
Again, you clearly demonstrate that you can't tell the difference between concern for someone you don't know and someone you do.

It's stupid to say he didn't make an effort. He obviously did. He asked for Georg to look for her. Is this not an effort? Has he not taken measures to find her? Obviously he has, so you have no argument here. You're just demonizing him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Furthermore, he could be reasonable sure that Chloe was alive. That didn't stop him from taking time off to find out. So again, he doesn't care at all about the team or that he may have ruined their lives. The only one he cares about is Chloe so he should say that since that's how he really feels.
Per the above, you're making out to be heartless because he doesn't put the maximum effort into every single one. Ridiculous. Say there was a fire in an office building, and two or three floors were affected. Would you expect every person on every floor to check up on every single employee on said floors, or would they put more effort into checking up on the ones they actually know, and just send a card or something to the others (if even that)? It's rhetorical, of course. If you claim you'd act any different, I can practically guarantee you'd be lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
What you need to understand is that Ao kept acting like he was concerned about the team and he may have ruined their lives. Yet in reality he only cared for Chloe, he isn't being truthful with himself. As he had shown when he immediately discarded the lead girl even though he can't even be sure she's alive(no picture) while he drops everything to just see Chloe.
And what you need to understand is that is is possible to care more for one person than another, and that fact that you seem not to is frankly baffling. He makes the effort for Chloe because he knew her. It does not mean he doesn't care about Maggie, just less so than he does about Chloe. He checks to make sure Maggie's alive, but he doesn't know her and thus doesn't go looking for her. He knows Chloe, they've spoken several times. He makes the effort because she's a friend, not just a coworker.

All you're doing here is trying to make Ao look bad by singling out a minor thread and blowing it out of proportion. He has a lot more genuine character flaws that you could bring up, instead of making one up. How Ao is acting is no different than literally anyone else would act in even a vaguely comparable situation.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 02:00   Link #2073
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Hey guys what's going on here? Who's Maggie?!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 02:23   Link #2074
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
That was no an effort, he had no confirmation on her. He looked her up, saw a few matches and just said **** it and forgot about her.

He should have tried harder if he really cared for the team. Again he doesn't care at all about the team, he only cared about Chloe. So it was wrong of him to say that he did care when he clearly didn't. He should have just said what he really felt, that he wanted to find Chloe and that's it.

Still doesn't change that he didn't care at all about the team. The only reason he asked of them is because Chloe is on it. Which is why he didn't care at all to confirm if the other girl was alive. It just so happened the remaining girl would be with Chloe. Had she not been than he wouldn't have bothered to check up on her either.

So no, Ao doesn't care about the team. He only cares about Chloe on that team hence why he doesn't try and find out the whereabouts or to confirm if the other girl is even okay. He just doesn't care about the team, only Chloe.

She's the girl on the team that Ao doesn't care about.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 02:38   Link #2075
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
I pretty much been liking the sequel. The characters are very fleshed in both characters and flaws, and sometimes it's not that easy to judge them whether the decisions they make are either right or wrong.

The sixteenth episode introduced another dimension into the twist of revelations:

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 09:50   Link #2076
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Yeah seriously guys.... Who's Maggie? ()
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 12:37   Link #2077
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
She's a pilot and leader of the team that Ao doesn't care about. You know, the team that Chloe was apart of. She didn't get much screen time despite her team being in the Openings and the such. Seems like they were meant for more but were than tossed out so they didn't have to be shown ever again since no one seems to care for them. Not like they were being shown all that much beforehand anyway but still insulting that Ao pretends that he cares for the team when he just wanted to see if Chloe was okay.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 18:21   Link #2078
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Who's Choe? What team? Pilot? I dunno what you're talking about... Pretty sure I've only seen Pied Piper and Harlequin in Generation Bleu. I don't know anyone by those names! Are you sure you have the right show? I'm so confused...
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 22:16   Link #2079
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Seems to be the case, they wont be missed.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 03:34   Link #2080
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Seems like joke flew over a few heads here... XD
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
harem, mecha, military, romance, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.