AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-12, 11:16   Link #921
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Ao beat one Secret by himself and fared well enough against the second with a distraction. They probably feel his natural skill is good enough. Fleur and Elena also rack close-range combat ability.
Old 2012-05-12, 11:29   Link #922
ReddyRedWolf

He maybe a newbie but he does have advantages over normal pilots. One he is an alien hybrid. He can see through the EM spectrum which would account on his piloting. He also has an emphatic interface with Nirvash as such he can pull stunts. Second would be he inherited from his father his knack of flying and attitude.

Ao is the son of Eureka and Renton he would manifest their characteristics even if he doesn't know about it.

Fleur is flat out wrong about Generation Blue wanting Mark I. What they want, what the US wants and other factions is Ao himself.

He is the link to the source of the IFO technology, Eureka.

Eureka and possibly Renton obviously introduced IFO technology in this world. IFO's aren't made from Scub Coral like LFO but they obviously have Compact Drives or Amita Drives.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 11:41   Link #923
Dark Wing

Lets talk about the preview of episode 6 for a minute...Anyone else get the feeling Goldilocks is going to get wiped out except the token loli?
Old 2012-05-12, 11:43   Link #924
apsody243

Regardless of whether Ao's a great pilot, its still incredibly reckless to just sent sent him in to combat like that. Yes he may be able to see in to the infrared and ultraviolet spectrum's Yes he may be well above average when it comes to piloting IFO's. Yes he did down 2 secrets, but its still a huge risk to send in a newbie in to that kind of situation, its dangerous not just for him but for the rest of Pied Piper.

Well I'm certain that Ao wont do anything stupid, but there is no way higher ups of Gen Blue can be certain of that. If something were to go horribly wrong it wouldn't just endanger Ao but the rest of the unit aswell, after all they are meant to be a team and a team is only as strong as its weakest link.
apsody243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 11:45   Link #925
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Impressions on Ep5:

- Elena is really annoying. Please stop referencing anime and other otaku crap. Your helmet is dumb too. Just stop.
Yeah Elena is an awful awful character so far. I wouldn't say she's killing the show for me, but she definitely takes me out of it every time she's on screen. All her scenes so far are pretty much as you say meta-referential nonsense that has no connection to anything. Hope she gets something else to do soon, but it would be better if as you suggest she just stops with it already. Her counterpart at least continues to be infinitely more tolerable. She's a little bitchy and seems like she's going to be of the tsundere archetype, but at least she's on point and feels like she's a part of the story so far. Elena just feels like she belongs in a different show.

The episode was kind of meh this week but it needed to happen for exposition purposes regarding Generation Bleu. I had actually thought those kids that turned out to be Goldilocks were going to be the equivalent of Maurice Maeter and Linck from the original, but they turned out to be pilots. That Chloe one had to be like the youngest pilot ever in an mecha series. Younger than possibly Generation 1 Desil from Gundam Age. What was she like 5? Was the cockpit modified just so she could reach the controls? They seemed pretty useless though so I guess it sucks for Generation Bleu that they needed to settle on little girls for pilots that can't seem to dodge worth shit.

The sloth owns. Most amusing mascot character I've seen in a while.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-05-12 at 11:55.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 12:07   Link #926
ReddyRedWolf

Well I'm still hoping Ao's older siblings pop up later.

Considering that Scub bursts occurs rarely in several decades something tells me the Scub Corral come to this world in intervals as to not shock the population. But Secret/G-Monsters are another thing.

So there is a possibility Renton and Eureka entered this universe at different times.

If the Scub Corral are from the E7 universe and this is an alternate universe what if those G-Monsters are actually their native counterparts?

This would account why they are hostile as from their perspective Scub Coral are invaders.
Old 2012-05-12, 12:26   Link #927
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That Chloe one had to be like the youngest pilot ever in an mecha series. Younger than possibly Generation 1 Desil from Gundam Age. What was she like 5?
No she's 10...she said so herself when the team was going into battle.
Old 2012-05-12, 12:56   Link #928
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
No she's 10...she said so herself when the team was going into battle.
She said 11 while Ao is 12.
Old 2012-05-12, 18:02   Link #929
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well I'm still hoping Ao's older siblings pop up later.

Considering that Scub bursts occurs rarely in several decades something tells me the Scub Corral come to this world in intervals as to not shock the population. But Secret/G-Monsters are another thing.

So there is a possibility Renton and Eureka entered this universe at different times.

If the Scub Corral are from the E7 universe and this is an alternate universe what if those G-Monsters are actually their native counterparts?

This would account why they are hostile as from their perspective Scub Coral are invaders.
Using the Movie as a template, the G-monsters/Secret would likely be this dimensions Scub Coral... or something. They're very strange, though. Actually, they might be from a completely separate dimension themselves. Would explain some of their weird aspects. (Also, they're pretty much like interdimensional moths, if you think about it)
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 09:09   Link #930
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Lets talk about the preview of episode 6 for a minute...Anyone else get the feeling Goldilocks is going to get wiped out except the token loli?
If you are saying death, then no. However if comatose, then yes.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 09:30   Link #931
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Yes. And I hope for it.
Old 2012-05-13, 12:32   Link #932
Jarmel

The fat commander is almost certainly going to bite it as I don't see him in the OP. The children themselves are probably going to be fine.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 10:22   Link #933
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
The fat commander is almost certainly going to bite it as I don't see him in the OP. The children themselves are probably going to be fine.
^Yeah the big fella is intent on saving his team, so the commander will make a heroic sacrifice, possibly using the ship as a shield in some way in which true trope fashion.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 03:27   Link #934
Guido

From the fifth episode Ao had difficulties trying to adapt to his new home and lifestyle, and it's not surprising since he had to leave Naru behind, who is the only person in the entire world that can understand him and be by his side.

I really hope that Ao's relationship with Generation Blue, particularly more with his teen peers than the commanders, doesn't turn that nefarious and tempestuous as it happened with Renton and Holland at the beginning of the first series when the former entered the Gekko State.

Something tells me that whatever Generation Bleu is extracting from the Scub Coral, which was pointed out by Gazelle and his buddies, would not turn out to be very nice once Ao maybe finds out either by accident or been told in a very later episode.

The interesting premise that lots of you are theorizing and bringing up evidence to sustain might be well possible:
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 14:17   Link #935
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I really hope that Ao's relationship with Generation Blue, particularly more with his teen peers than the commanders, doesn't turn that nefarious and tempestuous as it happened with Renton and Holland at the beginning of the first series when the former entered the Gekko State.

Something tells me that whatever Generation Bleu is extracting from the Scub Coral, which was pointed out by Gazelle and his buddies, would not turn out to be very nice once Ao maybe finds out either by accident or been told in a very later episode.
I think that Ao's relationship with Generation Blue won't be as rocky as Renton's with Gekko State primarily because of the secrets Generation Blue is keeping. It's a slightly different storytelling dynamic in my opinion.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 16:42   Link #936
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
From the fifth episode Ao had difficulties trying to adapt to his new home and lifestyle, and it's not surprising since he had to leave Naru behind, who is the only person in the entire world that can understand him and be by his side.

The interesting premise that lots of you are theorizing and bringing up evidence to sustain might be well possible:
Spoiler:
Renton & Holland's relationship dictated much of the E7 TV series. They ended up as both competition, a brother-type relationship and Holland-as-Eureka-Father interactions. It was complex. We don't have a hint of anything like that setup here. Mostly as there's no Eureka-like relationship being established.

As for your hidden bit, I'll toss me response in a spoiler.

Spoiler for Tie-in effects:

Further world speculation:

Spoiler:
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 17:22   Link #937
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Not every day you get attacked by a carnival ride.
Old 2012-05-17, 18:09   Link #938
miketyson

Ep Six: well, this was a surprise.
Spoiler for ep6:
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 19:39   Link #939
webkid94
*Author

Spoiler for episode 6:
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 20:13   Link #940
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Not every day you get attacked by a carnival ride.
I don't know if this has already been discussed, but I wonder if there's any significance in it being in the form of something obviously man-made.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, military, romance, science fiction, shounen