AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2012-07-13, 23:40   Link #1641
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
I don't think theres any other anime that can be made that could give me the same kind of emotional and nostalgic rush I got with this episode with the re-introduction of Eureka. <3

This episode validated the entire series so far imo. The interactions between Ao and Eureka were wonderful, and that bit where she mentions Renton was amazing too lol.
I loved those too. Especially how she slapped his hand when he went to eat. It was a nice motherly moment, even if she didn't know she was his mother yet. Or did she? Well, she has to know by the end of the episode, with Ao slinging "dads" and "moms" every which way in her presence.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 23:45   Link #1642
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Clearly you haven't been paying attention: she says that Mark I AO is piloting resembles a mech Renton was building currently which means she'd have to fetch it somehow first.
Hold on! I thought the Allied Forces made Ao's Mark-1 out of the Nirvash Eureka left it behind after she vanished when Ao was 2?

So why would she need to jump back to fetch the Mark-1 when it was stated already in the series that the Allies where the ones who built it?
Old 2012-07-13, 23:47   Link #1643
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Dark Wing: The implication is that the Allies are full of BS, and the Mark-I is just a refurbished (read: repainted) Nirvash that Renton built in the first place. Cover ups and all that.
Old 2012-07-13, 23:59   Link #1644
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Dark Wing: The implication is that the Allies are full of BS, and the Mark-I is just a refurbished (read: repainted) Nirvash that Renton built in the first place. Cover ups and all that.
Well how do we know that exactly?

Follow me here for a sec okay...

1. The Eureka we see in episode 12 is transported while doing research on the Scub Coral.

2. After the transport she ends up in Ao's world where she meets her own 13 year old son.

3. Whatever events occur during this time results in Eureka being transported once again but 13 years in the past where she ends up on that island and gives birth to Ao.

4. Two year after Ao's birth the Allied Forces Find Eureka and ask her to help with the Scub Coral she dose but ends up transporting again to who knows leaving behind Ao and the Nirvash that will later be taken a part and rebuild as the Mark-1.
Old 2012-07-14, 00:17   Link #1645
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
4. Two year after Ao's birth the Allied Forces Find Eureka and ask her to help with the Scub Coral she dose but ends up transporting again to who knows leaving behind Ao and the Nirvash that will later be taken a part and rebuild as the Mark-1.
I think it's implied that Nirvash is the one Renton is working on, not the one Eureka is using in episode 13. So it seems she will go back to wherever she came from, and then come back to AO's world (13 years in the past) with the other Nirvash.
Old 2012-07-14, 00:23   Link #1646
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think it's implied that Nirvash is the one Renton is working on, not the one Eureka is using in episode 13. So it seems she will go back to wherever she came from, and then come back to AO's world (13 years in the past) with the other Nirvash.
If that turns out to be true then the question of "why she would do that?" is raised.

Why would she once again leave her world, friends, and family for an extended period of time risking not being able to return on top of taking her unborn child with her?
Old 2012-07-14, 00:40   Link #1647
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Why would she once again leave her world, friends, and family for an extended period of time risking not being able to return on top of taking her unborn child with her?
If she learns that Ao is her son before going back to her world, then she'll know that she has to come back so that Ao can be born as expected.
Old 2012-07-14, 00:50   Link #1648
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If she learns that Ao is her son before going back to her world, then she'll know that she has to come back so that Ao can be born as expected.
Okay well I'll just wait and see how this all plays out because at this point I don't know what to think anymore.
Old 2012-07-14, 00:56   Link #1649
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author

Did Elena... JUST QUOTE AQUARION?!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 01:17   Link #1650
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

lol, as if Aquarion even has any place anywhere next to Eureka Seven
god Elena so grinds on my gears with this worst kind of referential humor

Quote:
We don't know that.
Maybe something would force her to go there again.
Maybe it was another accident!
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 01:20   Link #1651
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author

I love Elena exactly because she's a one girl reference library. She's a person I can sustain a conversation with!

As with everything in this sequel, YMMV.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 02:10   Link #1652
Anomandaris

Sorry if this has been posted before ... but does anyone think the 'thing' hidden at the bottom of Generation Blue's HQ (image from end of Ep 7) might be a white version of Type The End?

The red sections on the shoulders and middle region seem to match ... plus you can sort of make out one of the horns

Spoiler for Images:
Anomandaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 02:23   Link #1653
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It has been, and they're unmistakably the same thing.
Old 2012-07-14, 02:38   Link #1654
ReddyRedWolf

But ah given that we discovered Renton developed the Mark I as and the new Spec 2 (likely) as mechanical copies of LFOs that is not TheEnd as we know it. As TheEnd was destroyed.

Given Elena knew about it (probably), coming from the E7 universe and doesn't like Eureka... Elena and this TheEnd is probably related to Anemone in some way.

Before you say it impossible I do remember Anemone was restructured to be like Eureka. Being pink skinned may not be the one she was born with.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 02:49   Link #1655
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Well how do we know that exactly?

Follow me here for a sec okay...

1. The Eureka we see in episode 12 is transported while doing research on the Scub Coral.

2. After the transport she ends up in Ao's world where she meets her own 13 year old son.

3. Whatever events occur during this time results in Eureka being transported once again but 13 years in the past where she ends up on that island and gives birth to Ao.

There's a gap between 2 and 3. Eureka almost certainly returns to her own world between that. The current Nirvash she is piloting is the Spec2, but the Nirvash she brings into the past is the RA272. Watching the video footage recorded in ep12 makes it clear that the mech which comes out of the Scub Burst is the RA272 and not the Spec2. The shoulders are rectangular and longer, and the flight mode is thick and has a boxy area at the base.

The RA272 is probably the Nirvash which Renton is building back in the E7 world, a fully mechanical Nirvash without an Archetype. When Eureka disappears again in point 4, she leaves that behind, and it becomes the basis for all IFOs in this world after it is recovered by the Allied Forces. They then lie to the people in Okinawa that both Eureka and the mech disappeared in the second Scub Burst, which is the story Toshio tells Ao before he leaves the island in ep4.

We're definitely looking at soemthing like this:

E7-1200X: Eureka, Spec2, and Gekkogo are sent into the AO world due to an unexplained accident.

AO-2025: Eureka, Spec2, and Gekkogo show up and meets Ao and Generation Bleu. Something happens later.

E7-1200X: Eureka returns to the E7 world, and takes Renton's completed artificial Nirvash, and goes back to the AO world again.

AO-2012: Eureka appears in the AO world with the artificial Nirvash and jumps out into the sea. She is rescued and gives birth to Ao on an Okinawa island.

AO-2015: Eureka helps the Allied Forces with a Scub Coral incident, together with the recovered artificial Nirvash. She teaches them about the Secrets being drawn to the Quartz, and how to stop a Scub Burst, but disappears again when she has to extract the Quartz herself. The artificial Nirvash is left behind and used as a basis for all IFO technology in the next ten years. Generation Bleu is formed based on the information they learned from this exercise.

E7-120XX: Eureka is possibly back in the E7 world and sends a message to Ao in AO-2025, telling him that he must help return the younger Eureka back to Renton, ensuring that the loop is closed.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 02:50   Link #1656
cyberdemon

Here's a thought I had been having. What if the secrets were created by Renton to save Eureka and Ao? However the birth of truth from one of them caused them to go out of control. Take the secret that was seemingly vaporizing all humanoids was instead actually capturing them in tact because it was meant to find Eureka but it had lost the ability to differentiate between Eureka and normal humans. They go after the scub coral because they need the quartz to make the return trip but it wasn't expected that the scub coral would explode like that. It could explain why Eureka said that the secrets weren't their enemies. She knows the truth. Yet she saw that the scub coral were exploding which was why she showed those on Earth how to remove the quartz to hopefully lessen the problems in the future.
Old 2012-07-14, 03:20   Link #1657
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

Yup she mention that part
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 03:31   Link #1658
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Yup she mention that part
I heard that too. I went back to make sure i didnt read wrong
Old 2012-07-14, 03:45   Link #1659
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Here's a thought I had been having. What if the secrets were created by Renton to save Eureka and Ao? However the birth of truth from one of them caused them to go out of control. Take the secret that was seemingly vaporizing all humanoids was instead actually capturing them in tact because it was meant to find Eureka but it had lost the ability to differentiate between Eureka and normal humans. They go after the scub coral because they need the quartz to make the return trip but it wasn't expected that the scub coral would explode like that. It could explain why Eureka said that the secrets weren't their enemies. She knows the truth. Yet she saw that the scub coral were exploding which was why she showed those on Earth how to remove the quartz to hopefully lessen the problems in the future.
Scub Corals & Secrets have been showing up for at least 300 years on AO's Earth. Long before Truth showed up.

However, the Secrets using the Quarts to return "home" makes some sense, given the way they move to the Scubs. Especially as it seems Eureka used the Quarts at Okinawa to head back, as well.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 03:46   Link #1660
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

She used a "gattai" joke back a bit, but it's hard to skip over the fact that Kawamori did the E7 designs around the same time he was doing the first Aquarion series. She was eventually going to reference it a few times.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, military, romance, science fiction, shounen