AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-02, 14:52   Link #1921
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I personally interpreted in the same way Daniel Lind did. By another universe they meant the scub coral's mental space IMO.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 07:51   Link #1922
bastek66
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 26
Big ass chart in Japanese
http://i.minus.com/iGFkAvn80oWez.png
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 01:08   Link #1923
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Some things:
Because the Nirvash is alive, just like in the previous series. It acted as a distraction because Truth was trying to stop them.

If that were true, Secrets would have existed in their world. It isn't the same timeline, at least not any more.

She doesn't say 2. She says it as if it's a bad thing, not that it needs to happen. It would be rather silly to wish the death of her own kind.

Except Naru's infection was an accident, more or less, and the Scub has never shown that kind of behavior in this timeline. It's rather benign, actually.

That's not what happened at all. The Scub, as depicted in this very episode, accidentally shot down a rocket as it passed by, and fell to Earth. It merged with the local life. Then, as shown in E7, assimilated everything in sight. Humanity abandoned the planet because the Scub rendered it uninhabitable (it would have eaten them). Time goes on, the Scub covers the entire planet, then humanity returns. Since the Scub is so massive, it goes dormant, so the two species can co-exist without destroying reality.
Ok. I finally caught with the current episode that the broacast left off.

Second, I do appreciate your clarification about the Secrets and the Scub Coral to me, it's just that E7AO has made it too vague at how I should interpret the answers that have been delivered for three episodes in a row.

Ok. If I understood correctly, this could likely be an alternate timeline and not the same timeline from the first E7 series.

The Scub Coral refers to their world from whence they come from not as in a physical place, but rather a mental place.

If I should take that E7AO takes place in an alternate timeline and not in the past of the same timeline from the first series, Secrets exists and Scub Coral arrived to Earth by mistake in the alternate timeline in which AO was borned.

Ok. I do understand that the Secrets want to eliminate the Scub Coral, because they viewed it as an impurity in the Universe.
Now comes the $64000 dollars question: How come in Renton and Eureka's own timeline Scub Corals are able to exist and Secrets not existing at all?
I mean, hello, in E7 assimilated all life in the planet that made it not habitable for humans to live in and were forced to leave it before returning back to Earth after a very long, long time once the Scub Coral went dormant.
Whatever tiniest speck of probability that Secrets may exist in E7's own timeline, then they wouldn't overlook before at all the existence of a fully covered Earth with Scub Coral.

I can only think right now that the Secrets are a mystery plothole, at least they look that to Me, that the writers must think of an explanation.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 02:21   Link #1924
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
The Scub Coral refers to their world from whence they come from not as in a physical place, but rather a mental place.
They never say this. The Scub never even speaks, for that matter. People speak on its behalf, and even then only to the extent of what they know of its history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Ok. I do understand that the Secrets want to eliminate the Scub Coral, because they viewed it as an impurity in the Universe.
Now comes the $64000 dollars question: How come in Renton and Eureka's own timeline Scub Corals are able to exist and Secrets not existing at all?
I mean, hello, in E7 assimilated all life in the planet that made it not habitable for humans to live in and were forced to leave it before returning back to Earth after a very long, long time once the Scub Coral went dormant.
Whatever tiniest speck of probability that Secrets may exist in E7's own timeline, then they wouldn't overlook before at all the existence of a fully covered Earth with Scub Coral.

I can only think right now that the Secrets are a mystery plothole, at least they look that to Me, that the writers must think of an explanation.
You don't understand because you're thinking of the Scub as the thing that's wrong, instead of its presence. The Scub in E7!verse is supposed to be there. It's not a time traveler or from some alternate dimension, it's a lifeform that exists in that universe. It didn't just appear, in landed on Earth like a meteor. The Scub in E7AO!verse is a temporal invader. It should not exist at that point in the timeline, and if it is in fact an altered version of E7!verse's past, then in does in fact exist out in space (and thus in two places at once), which is where it is supposed to be until its proper arrival.

The Secrets are like the Reapers from Doctor Who, monsters who appear in response to temporal paradoxes.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 02:55   Link #1925
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
The Scub Coral refers to their world from whence they come from not as in a physical place, but rather a mental place.
The following was explained through Diane when Renton met her at the Control Cluster. No, Scub's origin is physical. They're microorganisms from space, though it's not clear whether or not they're natural or made by someone. In the end of the day, it didn't matter to Scub Coral whether or not the Limit of Life would've been reached because they planned to run away beyond the rift in space to a non-material universe either way - which they didn't discover until recently before the series - the conflict was about saving humans as well.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 04:02   Link #1926
lann
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
la la la not reading the above posts *refrains from looking*

ehm, just wanted to know if fridays episode was broadcast. cant seem to find it
__________________
lann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 04:09   Link #1927
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
It's on the break until August 16th due to Olympics
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 08:38   Link #1928
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Here we go, staff credits for the upcoming episodes:

Quote:
Episode 16
Script: Shinichi Inotsume, Shou Aikawa
Episode Director: Ikuro Sato
Storyboard: Kenji Nagasaki, Hitoshi Nanba (Namimi Sanjo), Tomoki Kyoda
Character Animation Director: Shigeru Fujita, Mutsumi Kadekaru, Satomi Kani
Mecha Animation Director: Kazuhiro Miwa

Episode 17
Script: Shou Aikawa
Episode Director: Yo Miura
Storyboard: Seiji Mizushima
Character Animation Director: Takaaki Izumo, Kouji Murai, Shousuke Ishibashi
Mecha Animation Director: Kenji Mizuhata

Episode 18
Script: Akiko Waba
Episode Director: Hisatoshi Shimizu
Storyboard: Katsumi Terahigashi
Character Animation Director: Hideki Yamazaki, Tomokatsu Nagasaku, Takahiro Komori
Mecha Animation Director: Kenji Mizuhata

Episode 19
Script: Shou Aikawa
Episode Director: Satomi Nakamura
Storyboard: Soichi Masui
Animation Director: TBA
An interesting note is that the writer for ep18 is a junior BONES writer who seems to have only been involved with a Gosick bonus Drama CD and the E7 spin-off manga (Save A Prayer) so far. This is the writer's anime screenplay debut. I wonder if there will be any connection to the manga...

Has anyone even read that manga? Is it any good?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 11:27   Link #1929
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
I've read only the 4 scanlated chapters. I like it - not hugely dissimilar to the anime at that point, though I can't speak to what happens after ch. 4.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 11:44   Link #1930
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
@Guardian Enzo
Save a Prayer is a different manga from the anime adapted one.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:04   Link #1931
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Oops - missed that in your post, Duckroll. Now that is an interesting development.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 03:38   Link #1932
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Yeah, I don't know anyone who read the spin-off manga, which is why I asked. The first volume came out a month ago and I haven't heard anything about it.

Maybe I should just pick it up the next time I'm at Kinokuniya.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 06:38   Link #1933
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Well I haven't seen it online.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 21:24   Link #1934
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Yeah? I know? I've seen that scene five or six times.
You're not interpreting it right.
The way you're interpreting it creates plotholes.

People have been applying that explanation to the movie before and... with the movie it makes a little bit more sense (but not really).
I don't fully get your interpretation. Episode 47 had Diane saying that 3,000 years before the series, when the Limit of Questions was reached that one time, before the scubs went to sleep they glimpsed another universe beyond the rift that was opened. How are you getting from that to it being the scubs' "mental space?"

Also, you say

Quote:
In the end of the day, it didn't matter to Scub Coral whether or not the Limit of Life would've been reached because they planned to run away beyond the rift in space to a non-material universe either way
But wouldn't it have? Humans were the only intelligent life they thought had potential for real communication, said Diane, and even if the scubs could escape the universe tearing and fly to another universe (as energy and consciousness, if I understood Diane correctly), the humans sure wouldn't be able to. Unless of they course they fused with the scubs, which is what Diane initially tried to get Renton to do, but since it's obvious humanity wasn't even close to ready for that, they would've all perished when the Limit was reached. Which the scubs didn't want. So shouldn't it have mattered to them if the Limit was reached, even if they could've made it out ok?

Not trying to be snarky, legitimately don't understand. The last episodes of E7 really screwed with my brain, so maybe my interpretation is off.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 03:11   Link #1935
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I just saw something really interesting that may give a clue on just what Ao's world is. We've been discussing if it is simply the past, an alternate universe, or that the past is being changed. The answer could be found in the original Eureka Seven series.

I have been rewatching all the episode of Eureka Seven and just saw episode 43. In the episode they found Charles Beam's wedding ring encased in sap/ amber. Without knowledge of this series it would be easier to assume it was Ray's ring but it was in a state of being fossilized into Amber. That means that it had been there far longer than we realize.

Here's the kicker. The beach that they found it on looks identical to the beach in Okinawa in the first episodes of Ao.

It's just a matter of time before Renton shows his face in Ao's world/ time. As a result, he may have lost the ring while there only for it to be found by his younger self in the far future.

Think about this also. If the secrets were sent to remove the scub coral because they weren't meant to be there, perhaps they were able to remove the memories of the events from the minds of the humans that were living there. Or perhaps the scub coral do so when they realized that they weren't meant to be there. It could also just be possible that all of the events of the Ao series were simply lost in history as a result of the human's escape from earth. It just wasn't properly preserved because of the crisis they were facing.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 04:33   Link #1936
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
I don't fully get your interpretation. Episode 47 had Diane saying that 3,000 years before the series, when the Limit of Questions was reached that one time, before the scubs went to sleep they glimpsed another universe beyond the rift that was opened. How are you getting from that to it being the scubs' "mental space?"
Perhaps "scub's mental space" was not exactly a right way to put it. But it was hinted at (in like, two sentences) that the said other universe was not of material nature.

Quote:
But wouldn't it have? Humans were the only intelligent life they thought had potential for real communication, said Diane, and even if the scubs could escape the universe tearing and fly to another universe (as energy and consciousness, if I understood Diane correctly), the humans sure wouldn't be able to. Unless of they course they fused with the scubs, which is what Diane initially tried to get Renton to do, but since it's obvious humanity wasn't even close to ready for that, they would've all perished when the Limit was reached. Which the scubs didn't want. So shouldn't it have mattered to them if the Limit was reached, even if they could've made it out ok?
The scub would've escaped either way.
But they wanted to save humans as well.
The only option Command Cluster saw was to take them in, unless it was proven they could co-exist in physical form as well.
In the end these plans never came to be because Dewey blew the Command Cluster up.
At least I think that's what happened? Vague exposition is vague.

Quote:
I have been rewatching all the episode of Eureka Seven and just saw episode 43. In the episode they found Charles Beam's wedding ring encased in sap/ amber. Without knowledge of this series it would be easier to assume it was Ray's ring but it was in a state of being fossilized into Amber. That means that it had been there far longer than we realize.
Amber doesn't form in 10000 years. The huge mountain of it Renton saw probably occured under unnatural circumstances in which case we can make no assumptions about its age.

Quote:
It's just a matter of time before Renton shows his face in Ao's world/ time. As a result, he may have lost the ring while there only for it to be found by his younger self in the far future.
Why would Renton have a ring and not Eureka?

Quote:
It could also just be possible that all of the events of the Ao series were simply lost in history as a result of the human's escape from earth. It just wasn't properly preserved because of the crisis they were facing.
Except most of the exposition about the past was given by Scub itself through Diane and Scub by its nature remembers things much better than humans do.

In the end, I don't think that ring had anything to do with anything.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 09:32   Link #1937
aardvark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: United States
Age: 29
That ring is probably the only unanswered thing about the original E7. Its so wierd considering how it was introduced in the last season, and had a prominent shot in OP4, but it never was connected to anything.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 10:20   Link #1938
triggerhappypilot
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
http://eurekaao-prj.net/?page_id=1797

Apparently, there's a new preview up, but you can't watch it if you're outside of japan. (unless somebody uploads it to niconico or youtube.)
triggerhappypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 13:16   Link #1939
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Amber doesn't form in 10000 years. The huge mountain of it Renton saw probably occured under unnatural circumstances in which case we can make no assumptions about its age.
I didn't say it was amber. I said that it was in the process of becoming Amber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Why would Renton have a ring and not Eureka?
The ring is Charles Beams' wedding ring. Renton found it in the hanger of the Gecko. He carried it around with him everywhere. That isn't his own wedding ring to Eureka. The thing about it is that it proves time travel happens at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Except most of the exposition about the past was given by Scub itself through Diane and Scub by its nature remembers things much better than humans do.

In the end, I don't think that ring had anything to do with anything.
The scub coral that are in Ao's time are from the future. Because of the seeming changes, they may think they are just on a different world and not actually in the past. Once they realize it, they decide to leave again and possible take memories of themselves with them so that there won't be any issues when the scub coral that are supposed to be there will come. OR that the secret do that to keep the timeline stable when the scub coral leave/ are defeated.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 13:47   Link #1940
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Because of the seeming changes, they may think they are just on a different world and not actually in the past.
But we don't know what Scub thinks.
We know that Secrets claim Scubs are alien to the world.

Quote:
http://eurekaao-prj.net/?page_id=1797

Apparently, there's a new preview up, but you can't watch it if you're outside of japan. (unless somebody uploads it to niconico or youtube.)
Goddamn you, bandai channel and your no-fun-allowed region lock.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
harem, mecha, military, romance, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.