AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-23, 08:05   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=13604



dunno. it maybe fun one :P
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 08:17   Link #2
Masuzu
« ヒーロー »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
The title made me think it was a game.
The trailer made me think it was a movie.
The sub-forum this is located in makes me think it's a series.

What is it?
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 10:32   Link #3
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Maybe is the word, can't say I'm put off witht eh CGI but I dunno something about seems off even if it's only a trailer.
Either way I'l be checking it out regardless.

After reading on ANN theres gonna be a 2nd movie or is it just worded wrongly and it's just prologue to the 2nd game?
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 10:50   Link #4
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Srly? and the woman's scream -.-
Damn stop killing DA franchise pls.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 12:08   Link #5
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
The title made me think it was a game.
The trailer made me think it was a movie.
The sub-forum this is located in makes me think it's a series.

What is it?
c mon you a detective you should figure this out

Spoiler for answer:
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 16:07   Link #6
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Srly? and the woman's scream -.-
Damn stop killing DA franchise pls.
Ah yes also wanted to point this out and after thinking about it I think this is what is putting me off, the VA for the women I think doesn't fits very well or just simply she can't do a battle cry.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 19:41   Link #7
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
this is a maybe...
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 05:16   Link #8
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Premiere date:
2012-02-11 (Japan)

So is this going straight to dvd or the cinemas first, it doesnt look like a cinema movie to me
__________________
Om Nerabdator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 13:37   Link #9
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: akihabara :D
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Srly? and the woman's scream -.-
Damn stop killing DA franchise pls.
I loled the whole time because of that and I thought I was the only one
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 14:59   Link #10
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
That CGI is awful.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 03:34   Link #11
Soliloquy
Secret Schemer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trendy Backwater
Age: 28
Bioware seems to be a bit desperate lately to be more mainstream when it already is enough. Perhaps the fact that they are now under EA seem to have worse impact than I thought. Nowadays every time they try to do something or give their opinion, I get worse impression from them. They seem to be complacent or in a mindset, they cannot do anything wrong.

I always thought Dragon Age was the wrong source material to make an anime as a medium, if anything Mass Effect universe was a better candidate. At least there are plenty of anime with space theme to take inspiration from, especially the oldies. Anyhow I just don't see the point of this movie when the only crowd that would probably like the movie are Bioware fans who also like anime. I thought Bioware games are not that popular in Japan that leaves a relatively small demographic.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 05:06   Link #12
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
This is marketed incorrectly

they're using the "anime is more mature, guys!" angle.

That's going to offend people who don't like anime. Despite some may believe, Dragon Age fandom doesn't overlap with anime fandom that well. Dragon Age fandom have some very hardcore Baldur's Gate refugees who never even played a Japanese RPG, are PC supremacists, and look down on anything Japanese in disdain. Just look at all the vitriolic youtube comments.

2nd, CG animation is hit and miss. Even more so in Japan. Is there even a target audience for this, in Japan?
__________________
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 05:10   Link #13
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I always thought Dragon Age was the wrong source material to make an anime as a medium, if anything Mass Effect universe was a better candidate. At least there are plenty of anime with space theme to take inspiration from, especially the oldies. Anyhow I just don't see the point of this movie when the only crowd that would probably like the movie are Bioware fans who also like anime. I thought Bioware games are not that popular in Japan that leaves a relatively small demographic.
I think Dragon Age could work wonderfully as an anime, but certainly not with this cutesy CGI style. It's insulting to those of us who were (are) a fan of the game(s).
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 06:14   Link #14
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
This is marketed incorrectly

they're using the "anime is more mature, guys!" angle.

That's going to offend people who don't like anime. Despite some may believe, Dragon Age fandom doesn't overlap with anime fandom that well. Dragon Age fandom have some very hardcore Baldur's Gate refugees who never even played a Japanese RPG, are PC supremacists, and look down on anything Japanese in disdain. Just look at all the vitriolic youtube comments.

2nd, CG animation is hit and miss. Even more so in Japan. Is there even a target audience for this, in Japan?
they maybe not overlap directly but there is thousand of shipping fan art, fan fic which is like anime fandom
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 07:16   Link #15
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I disagree. That's like saying Harry Potter and Twilight are similar because they have thousands of shipping fan
art and fanfics

The fact is, from what I've seen of several forums is that the word "anime" is simply offensive to a sizable part of Dragon Age players.

And sadly, I think Bioware itself played its part in making the situation worse when they criticized Japanese RPGs and staples of Japanese games.

//
__________________
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 07:39   Link #16
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I disagree. That's like saying Harry Potter and Twilight are similar because they have thousands of shipping fan
art and fanfics

The fact is, from what I've seen of several forums is that the word "anime" is simply offensive to a sizable part of Dragon Age players.

And sadly, I think Bioware itself played its part in making the situation worse when they criticized Japanese RPGs and staples of Japanese games.

//
in case you dont notice there is also many HP and twilight JP doujishin :P

like i said there are not directly but their fan base is similar for many reason such as "attractive cast" media which aimed for teenage people.

they are not comparable to Star wars fan which filled with tehno geek people or LOTR which filled with nature loving people.

sure SW and LOTR have each own "shipping" fanbase there. but there not really as big as most of Bioware game.

i am talking to recent (this gen) bioware fan here not old one

anyway this is not first time Western game get this treatment. IIRC Halo also have it's own "anime"
__________________

Last edited by RRW; 2011-12-25 at 07:52. Reason: spell check
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 08:12   Link #17
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
They are better off doing a CG movie version of Skyrim.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 09:42   Link #18
Dragonkid11
A random-man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Wait what?
The story is about a evil cult decided to summon goddamn dragon and goddamn golem to conquer a holy ass nation that is totally Christian

......
Where in the fucking shit is the Grey WARDEN and the Blight?!?!?
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 10:12   Link #19
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I have bad news...

Dragon Age 2 is not about the blight or grey wardens
__________________
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 10:15   Link #20
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 33
Are you guys sure this has anything to do with Bioware's RPG? It may just be naming coincidence.
I did not see any visual hints to the game in thise trailer, though it might be because the CGI looks worse than the in game graphics of DA2...
There was something about a bloodmage, but other than that it seems to be random medieval setting. Wouldn't they at least use some of the famous characters from the games?

Also:
"raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.