AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 122 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 19.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-04, 15:55   Link #281
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
I agree with Gooral,Claire and Histy are definitely the fastest monsters out there.
Even Teresa can't be effectively faster than those two 'cause since she has a normal body she can't control speed after a certain limit (like Histy said).....Prissy on the other hand should have no problem controlling that kind of speed.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 15:56   Link #282
White Silver King
The Isley
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Even Teresa can't be effectively faster than those two 'cause since she has a normal body she can't control speed after a certain limit (like Histy said).....Prissy on the other hand should have no problem controlling that kind of speed.
Why couldn't Teresa just stab her sword into the ground and use it for traction like Clare did in Pieta with her arms? And I don't see how you can say that Prissy doesn't need traction to control her speed (she speed-beasted to Riful in human-form) but Teresa does.
__________________
"Wake up laughing like a prostitute." ...Win...
White Silver King is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 16:33   Link #283
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Probably she's the fastest thing besides Clare in Claymoreverse (not counting Teresa), so I doubt Alicia is as fast. But so far Hysteria hasn't shown that much, in fact she's a bit disappointing for an AO. She's of Alicia size but doesn't seem to have such destructive power as Isley/Riful/Luciella/Alicia, although it might just be that she has shown only a fraction of her power (I hope so). For now she looks the weakest of the three, Roxanne and Cassandra inspire respect with their size at least. Hysteria on the other hand seems to be in Rigaldo's league, only looks less impressive (even though she's faster). Then again, looks can be deceiving, Priscilla looked like a weakling also. But so far, she didn't do much damage and she still hasn't got rid of that stupid sword in her throat. I really, really, REALLY hope that Yagi won't use it to kill her because that would be too obvious and stupid at the same time. Please, please, let it not be a crude plot device that would make Hysteria a complete retard, it's bad as it is already.
Don't forget Gooral the apparant Rockwell Hill incident.

Hysteria, to me, is powerful when she feel she needs to be -- what's both helping and hurting her, is her obsession with elegance; gallantry and technique. She's a powerhouse but of a different nature.

As we saw with Miria, it works against her in instances when unconventional or 'dirty/cheap/etc' methods surprise her because she's undoubtedly disgusted against such things, and is thus vulnerable to them. More so, that's probably why we haven't seen the kind of power you are thinking of - because her obsession simply won't let her fight in a manner that is not 'beautiful'. I have no doubts that she can be overwhelming when she wants to be, but this necessity is helping her in terms of efficiency and also hurting her because she flat out refuses to think outside her little box.

If anything, I honestly thought at one point that, when pushed too far, she would abandon all these pretenses and become a raging monster that's complete opposite to this - but the fact that, even now as an AB (especially in fact), she still carries this necessity, just shows how far this style is embedded in her.

Nevertheless, I am agreeing with you that she is most definitely the weakest of the ZAOs - she's powerful alright, no doubts there, but as we have plainly seen with her fight against Miria, she is simply unprepared against unorthodox attackers, especially those with raging power on their side (Cassandra fits this to a T)....Roxanne as well, with her incredible potential/mimicry and chaotic intelligence, would undoubtedly figure out Hysteria's weakness and beat her.

It's all about being on par with her and then fighting on your terms, not hers - if anything, I think you don't even have to be as strong as her; so long as, again, you fight in a manner that contrasts her elegence, you would have effectively pushed her into a corner.

Claire, I feel, would actually beat Hysteria faster then Miria did -- her straightforward methods and power would blow her away; Miria was having trouble because she was fighting on Hysteria's terms, with a technique that was too similar to her own (it was more of a technique vs technique battle then one of actual power)....once Miria though started "making her own rules", Hysteria got the surprise of her life (again).

Just to sum it up: in my mind, Cassie is the strongest, Roxanne has the largest potential, Hysteria is just...well, Hysteria. That said, I still hope none of them die anytime soon because it would just be anticlimatic of epic proportions - they've barely grown on me yet because we barely even know them still. After ten years, You can't kill off the Big Three, replace them with three new people, and kill them off in a less then a year
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 16:34   Link #284
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
@White Silver King

Quote:
Why couldn't Teresa just stab her sword into the ground and use it for traction like Clare did in Pieta with her arms?
Think about it,do you really think it's a good idea?
Why do you think that both Histy and Miria (that btw are the greatest "expert" in the speed-field) both agree that normal warriors can't go beyond a certain limit with their speed?
It's obvious that they both know that it's impossible to control effectively their speed,and it's also obvious that using the sword to stop is a very moronic idea since you basically will stop near the enemy unable to use your sword.
.....and before you say that it's just for a split second you should notice that using that kind of absurd speed makes sense ONLY if you are facing a crazy strong monster (if not,Miria's speed is more than enough),BUT if you are really facing a monster like that, than the split second necessary to use the sword is also the split second where your opponent destroys you.

Quote:
And I don't see how you can say that Prissy doesn't need traction to control her speed (she speed-beasted to Riful in human-form) but Teresa does.
Maybe because,you know,Prissy can stop her movements using her claws (you remember those long long things that she uses to obliterate everything?) with one hand while she uses the other one to destroy you.....for all we know it's also quite possible that Prissy can extend even her toe nails,making the whole controlling speed a joke for her.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2012-01-04 at 16:50.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 16:41   Link #285
su5so
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Why you say that Clare is much faster than Alicia?
Comparing the damage that they did to Priscilla are very similar "Clare only slightly better". Therefore, their level would be very similar!
"Chapter 100, pag 30-31 and chapter 98 pag 24"

I do not understand what you mean with the need traction to control the speed .
Priscilla can control the speed perfectly in her human form!
su5so is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 16:55   Link #286
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by su5so View Post
Why you say that Clare is much faster than Alicia?
Comparing the damage that they did to Priscilla are very similar "Clare only slightly better". Therefore, their level would be very similar!
"Chapter 100, pag 30-31 and chapter 98 pag 24"

I do not understand what you mean with the need traction to control the speed .
Priscilla can control the speed perfectly in her human form!
Claire is faster than Alicia 'cause Claire is clearly beyond the point where controlling the speed is an HUGE problem......Alicia has never reached that point.
Simple.

Edit:Ehm,i never said that Prissy has really used her speed,i just said that almost surely she should have no problem controlling that kind of speed thanx to her ability (finger nails)....and considering her immense talent she almost surely has that kind of speed.
Probably till now we never saw Prissy use that kind of speed,that's why she never had any problem controlling her movements.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2012-01-04 at 17:13.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 17:18   Link #287
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
I don't think Priscilla is that fast. Deneven was able to slow her down with some heal-cats.
__________________
Miria is alive
Awakened is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 17:34   Link #288
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Yup,but i doubt she was running at the best of her ability,i mean, she was still in human-form at that point (and btw it's not that Helen and Deneve could really escape from her anyway...and Prissy knew it) and Prissy was not even mad there.

With this i'm not saying that Prissy is surely THAT fast (well,i should check to be certain,but i don't feel like doing it now,lol),just saying that i wouldn't be surprised (not even a little bit) if in the future we'll find out for sure thats she really IS that fast.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 17:53   Link #289
su5so
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Claire is faster than Alicia 'cause Claire is clearly beyond the point where controlling the speed is an HUGE problem......Alicia has never reached that point.
Simple.
I do not agree with you.
If what you say is true, Clare 7 years ago was much faster than an abysmals (talking about the legs). So how can Rigardo block so fast attacks?? He should have died instantly unable to react to the attack, but he was able to react and defend or dodge. This impossibility your reasoning
su5so is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 18:16   Link #290
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by su5so View Post
I do not agree with you.
If what you say is true, Clare 7 years ago was much faster than an abysmals (talking about the legs). So how can Rigardo block so fast attacks?? He should have died instantly unable to react to the attack, but he was able to react and defend or dodge. This impossibility your reasoning
Bought Clare and Rigaldo were fast, so it is possible.
__________________
Miria is alive
Awakened is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 18:23   Link #291
su5so
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Bought Clare and Rigaldo were fast, so it is possible.
How can you compare the Rigardo's speed with one that far outweighs the abysmals's speed? There is not sense in that.
su5so is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 19:23   Link #292
SpiritOfGray
Karateka
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 23
Alicia was designed to cut, with speed as a secondary. Hysteria was built for pure speed.

Clare's partial awakened form is also based on severe cutting, but speed is what inspired her form, like Hysteria.

You're also asking that if Clare was so fast, how could Rigardo block and avoid her? Well, she didn't even know how to control her own body well at the time, and when she finally got used to it, Rigardo didn't even bother trying to avoid her.

And I don't see comparing the damage done to Priscilla to be fair. Alicia was fully awakened and in a tag team when she was fighting her. The circumstances were very different.
__________________
SpiritOfGray is offline  
Old 2012-01-04, 19:51   Link #293
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by su5so View Post
I do not agree with you.
If what you say is true, Clare 7 years ago was much faster than an abysmals (talking about the legs). So how can Rigardo block so fast attacks?? He should have died instantly unable to react to the attack, but he was able to react and defend or dodge. This impossibility your reasoning
What the hell are you talking about?
Rigardo was able to keep up with Claire only at the beginning when Claire was still trying to control that speed,as soon as the awakening progressed and Claire begun to control her speed Rigardo was clearly unable to keep up with Claire's speed.Once her partial awakening reached a certain point Claire COMPLETELY destroyed Rigardo like he was nothing.
Btw Rigardo was able to keep up perfectly well with Miria's phantom so that means that he himself was very fast.......but still Claire was so fast that at top speed Rigardo wasn't even able to see her.
...but anyway yes,during her partial awakening Claire's speed was absolutely crazy and there would be nothing strange if she was faster than even abyssals (not that it's possible to confirm it since the old AOs are already dead).
The only hint that we have is that Isley was faster than Rigardo,BUT from those panels it seems that Rigardo had no problem following Isley's movements with his eyes, against Claire instead he wasn't always able to see her (fortunately for him at the beginning Claire's control was VERY bad and all he had to do was avoiding her predictable attacks,probably looking also at the starting position like Histy did against Miria)


And btw,it's not so certain that abyssals have really a speed A LOT superior to Rigardo just because they are abyssals,this idea is clearly wrong.
Do you really think that Miria would lose in speed against Cassy and Riful (probably even Roxy,but we don't know a lot about her for now)? I don't think so, just because they are abyssals it doesn't mean that they necessarily have supreme speed (obviously they ARE fast,lol),especially if they specialize in something different from speed.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2012-01-04 at 20:10.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 00:26   Link #294
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Don't forget... ...Rockwell Hill...
How could we forget?

The bodies where piled up in heaps...
Spoiler for Which leads me to believe...:
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 00:43   Link #295
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Mind you Ryus, it is a legend....in other words, it's very veeeery easy for the story that all the warriors hear, especially overtime, to be a completely distorted version of the truth; something merely meant to inspire awe and fear in the newer people who hear it.

In that sense, It's probably best actually to take it with a grain of salt -- their's undoubtedly truth in it, but I'm not sure about taking the story we heard as definitive.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 00:53   Link #296
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
I know... was more in pure jest then anything.

I just saw Rockwall Hill and rolled my eyes at Yagi's plot device and had to comment about it , not so much about anything you had to say my stab was entirely aimed at Rockwall Hill and the heaps of bodies... limited by 47 warriors max and the fact no incident was worse than Luciela's awakening.

Sorry for any confusion, thought I was being clear when I clearly took your comment out of context.
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 01:07   Link #297
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I know... was more in pure jest then anything.

I just saw Rockwall Hill and rolled my eyes at Yagi's plot device and had to comment about it , not so much about anything you had to say my stab was entirely aimed at Rockwall Hill and the heaps of bodies... limited by 47 warriors max and the fact no incident was worse than Luciela's awakening.

Sorry for any confusion, thought I was being clear when I clearly took your comment out of context.
Wait what, now I'm confused

I was just saying my comment to.....you know, just remind you that the story is inherieitly iffy -- I guess I didn't realize you yourself was joking about it

I mean, it sounds pretty scary.....certainly the way they went about it; unlike Cassie's story though, all we are getting is what Miria heard and, considering she completely trumped her only a few chapters (and in her world....what, a few minutes) after we heard...suddenly, she doesn't sound so scary

I mean really, when you think about it, Miria is a million times more terrifying and essentially pulled off her own supposed Rockwell Hill Incident at Staff itself....the warriors went in knowing what to expect, but the Org basically told them a monster was approaching......and instead they see a warrior garbed in their own clothing completely decimating all of them non-lethally.

Miria as a person, and what she did at Staff, is a million times more legendary then Hysteria's - especially in our own eyes because we know what she did wasn't just a vague story. If the Org still exists years from now, Miria will no doubt receieve the same notority, if not more, then Hysteria did.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 01:18   Link #298
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
^It's why Miria will likely live (she just died, it's unlikely she'll die again so soon... just be poor generic writing if that happened) and Hysteria is now doomed to become someone's fodder since she awakened and all ABs die... unless Yagi has some major twist no one has seen coming up ahead.

You're right though, for the most part what Miria did is more legendary (after all what Hysteria did was infamous (j/k, though it's true)). Though admittedly Alicia and Beth where gone and Hysteria likely did fight her gens #2, Audrey supposedly held back (don't see it making a difference though since so was Miria) once again Hysteria's gen likely had the #3 of her day going all out against her, and she choose not to harm the twins due to there state (still not clearly why, I mean after all her end game was a K.O. and not one that lasts for days just enough time to stab some old men who can't run away ).
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 04:46   Link #299
su5so
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
What the hell are you talking about?
Rigardo was able to keep up with Claire only at the beginning when Claire was still trying to control that speed,as soon as the awakening progressed and Claire begun to control her speed Rigardo was clearly unable to keep up with Claire's speed.Once her partial awakening reached a certain point Claire COMPLETELY destroyed Rigardo like he was nothing.
Btw Rigardo was able to keep up perfectly well with Miria's phantom so that means that he himself was very fast.......but still Claire was so fast that at top speed Rigardo wasn't even able to see her.
...but anyway yes,during her partial awakening Claire's speed was absolutely crazy and there would be nothing strange if she was faster than even abyssals (not that it's possible to confirm it since the old AOs are already dead).
The only hint that we have is that Isley was faster than Rigardo,BUT from those panels it seems that Rigardo had no problem following Isley's movements with his eyes, against Claire instead he wasn't always able to see her (fortunately for him at the beginning Claire's control was VERY bad and all he had to do was avoiding her predictable attacks,probably looking also at the starting position like Histy did against Miria)
.
Chapter 59, p. 06. or vol11 pag 044
In this picture it is clear that Clare is not much higher speed than Rigardo. He is back on the air, feel the Clare's yoki approach from below and gives him time to rotated and block the attack of the protagonist. If what you say is true, should not be able to react to a move so fast. But he can turn around and block without seeing with his eyes the start the attack! In fact, he perceived the attack after its start. In this case, prediction is not to work, just speed.

Last edited by su5so; 2012-01-05 at 05:05.
su5so is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 08:01   Link #300
Ghost Knight
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Yagi to smoke something in process drawing manga. Action is not bad, but I wanted to see more events in this chapter.
Ghost Knight is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.