AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 122 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 19.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-28, 07:02   Link #421
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I think only guessing from the context that she learned the youki synchronisation because she had to use it to save cynthia's life

I have finally managed to put 116 on dailymotion and youtube
__________________

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2012-01-28 at 08:02.
irvinethearcher is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:06   Link #422
Miria<3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Right up there suggests a height, So i'm guessing Yuma has obtained abilities on par with cynthia's, I highly doubt Yuma is as good as Cynthia in using those abilities though, since she's still way more inexperienced and a lower digit then Cynthia.
Miria<3 is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:09   Link #423
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
If someone better in English could help me with this, I'm not entirely sure what does
"In the lands of the West, Yuma has obtained youki synchronization abilities right up there with Cynthia."
mean.
Does it mean that Yuma became as adept in youki synchronization as Cynthia (i.e. she could do it at her level) or that she joined the club of few Claymores that can do that or... I have troubles with interpreting it correctly because of my low English skills.

Oh, and Shiek, I don't see any resemblance to Raki either and I share Jean Claymore view on this.
It means both... she is at or just about a Cynthia and few others could ever dream of being as good as those two. The exact meaning would depend on the context of course, but as a line by itself it can and will be inturpreted both ways... by some more one way then the other but when you get down to it it does mean both, it's just some might place more meaning on one view or the other but neither view would be wrong unless the context is very one sided.

I take it that the raw is out then and you're helping with the translation then, especially since deadman wonder land just came out and its in the same mag. Wonder who died or who she is healing that needs such explanation since both meanings seem redundant to me based on what we already knew inho.
__________________

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-01-28 at 08:24.
Ryus is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:23   Link #424
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
Thanks Ryus and Miria<3 and irvinethearcher for your help. Especially you Ryus for such detailed explanation (it also helps I know you know the language and aren't just guessing ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I take it that the raw is out then and you're helping with the translation then.
No, at least I know nothing about it. I was asking about that line because of Polish scanlation .
Gooral is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:31   Link #425
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Thanks Ryus and Miria<3 and irvinethearcher for your help. Especially you Ryus for such detailed explanation (it also helps I know you know the language and aren't just guessing ).


No, at least I know nothing about it. I was asking about that line because of Polish scanlation .
Hope springs eternal I guess , just checked a few sites and not even any spoilers yet I was expecting at least one fake one

Did some big debate arise on one of the polish sites or just general curiosity at a precieved difference between the two version?
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:34   Link #426
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Thanks Ryus and Miria<3 and irvinethearcher for your help. Especially you Ryus for such detailed explanation (it also helps I know you know the language and aren't just guessing ).
At least it was an educated guess
__________________
irvinethearcher is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:38   Link #427
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
(...) Did some big debate arise on one of the polish sites or just general curiosity at a precieved difference between the two version?
Nah, it's just that I wanted a translation as close to gernot's as possible because by default a translation of a translation is shitty.

And BTW, Deadman Wonderland is published in Shounen Ace not Jump Square. But yeah, at least one fake spoiler would be something and we have none. Still we're far from official release date and MS never leaks anything.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:48   Link #428
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Nah, it's just that I wanted a translation as close to gernot's as possible because by default a translation of a translation is shitty.

And BTW, Deadman Wonderland is published in Shounen Ace not Jump Square. But yeah, at least one fake spoiler would be something and we have none. Still we're far from official release date and MS never leaks anything.
Lolz... just woke up (literally on my cell still in bed and have had no morning caffinee yet). No wonder I mixed up the mags and got all excited.

At to translation doesn't gernot know polish too, or am I really still half a sleep and mixing that up too... but if so, couldn't he just do a jap to polish translation for you too?

Maybe I should've hit the snooze button instead of waking up when I did
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:53   Link #429
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
Gernot is German ( as is 10sigh as is Riful and other very good translators) so no, he doesn't know Polish.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 10:52   Link #430
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Gernot is German ( as is 10sigh as is Riful and other very good translators) so no, he doesn't know Polish.
(Ryus sets his alarm to go off at 3pm and goes back to bed )
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 13:30   Link #431
Ulquihorror
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
speaking of which, I always wanted to see Gooral because he seems like a hawt polish guy n__n
Ulquihorror is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 14:44   Link #432
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Oh, and Shiek, I don't see any resemblance to Raki either and I share Jean Claymore view on this.
Actually, it was Nixl who first got me going - look at his post here if you want (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=409)

Their are similarities past skin-deep......the thing that sets them apart, and has alot to do with how we look at them, is simply the fact that Jean is a warrior and Raki is not - side by side, they are alike in more ways then one.

And like I said, Raki came first....one may argue that he was, in his own way, the inspiration of Jean...

Try thinking on it a little more and tell me if you still disagree or agree

Quote:
speaking of which, I always wanted to see Gooral because he seems like a hawt polish guy n__n
.............What?!



That came out of nowhere - then again, are you a female Ulquihorror? I, for no particular reason actually, always pictured you as a male.....I tend to think everybody is a male, unless they verbally say otherwise.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 14:50   Link #433
Ulquihorror
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
^
LOL, no i'm like Rachel: sexually ambiguous...yeah i'm female *shy*
Ulquihorror is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 14:56   Link #434
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
^
LOL, no i'm like Rachel: sexually ambiguous...yeah i'm female *shy*
........Oh....

...............


Not sure what to say here

In all honesty, yes, I really thought you were male after all this time - It's just natural for me to assume everyone is male unless said otherwise >_<

I guess it shouldn't make a difference, but at least it's out now
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 16:16   Link #435
Arturro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cracow
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
........Oh....

...............


Not sure what to say here

In all honesty, yes, I really thought you were male after all this time - It's just natural for me to assume everyone is male unless said otherwise >_<

I guess it shouldn't make a difference, but at least it's out now
You're not alone Shiek I also thought Ulquihorror is a male. My mistake, sorry Sometimes is hard to recognize someones gender on net forums, especially on English speaking ones. For example. for a long time a lots of animesuki posters had an erroneous belief that Gangsta Spanksta is a female
__________________
I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

Arturro is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 16:55   Link #436
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
You're not alone Shiek I also thought Ulquihorror is a male. My mistake, sorry Sometimes is hard to recognize someones gender on net forums, especially on English speaking ones. For example. for a long time a lots of animesuki posters had an erroneous belief that Gangsta Spanksta is a female
....What?! Seriously?

I think you're confused - we always joked with him because he liked Undine, so we showed all those Hulk-looking pictures of her, but I don't remember anyone actually thinking he was a girl :O

(Actually, doing a quick search, Amoredoll/FlagrantFlora/Whatevershecallsherselfthesedays, though he was a girl at one point )

Ehh, it's probably happened to everybody at one point or another....and I think you are right; their was actually confusion about Gangsta's gender....I think though we took it and kept running with it for laughs
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 16:59   Link #437
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
........Oh....

...............


Not sure what to say here

In all honesty, yes, I really thought you were male after all this time - It's just natural for me to assume everyone is male unless said otherwise >_<

I guess it shouldn't make a difference, but at least it's out now
"are there any women here today?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_hlMK7tCks
__________________
irvinethearcher is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 17:10   Link #438
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
"are there any women here today?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_hlMK7tCks
Roflmao, are the bystanders men, or women pretending to be men?
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 17:21   Link #439
Jean Claymore
Former #9
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Believe me Jean Claymore, I really didn't like saying it all that well....that the only thing, in a sense, that's unique about Jean was the fact that she was a female Claymore....everything else from her is taken from a previous character who goes by the name of Raki....
Oh, come on now... don't tell me your taking it back after we finally got to agree at some points for the very first time ever . Trust me, don't get offended on this since I am not aiming at anyone but if you consider there situations, Jean's case was more of a reliable fellow warrior whom Clare had saved for her own good to fight Dauf while Raki's role was more of a mentor for Clare whom she saved out of her pure kindness(pity).

Maybe I should leave this topic here since I don't want to get any complaints about defending my fav char... I think it's the first time I ever poked my nose in to anything related to her.

Quote:
But no, that can't be true - That just feels too hollow.....the down-side is, unfortunately, we just haven't seen enough of her I feel; the flip-side on the other hand is, we can theorize the possibility that her honor and personality was simply always there and not spurned on by a tragedy or some such. It's what I said in my previous post, and not a bad thing all things considered. Ambiguity and her short life both helps and hurts our ability to look at her.
Almost lost you there... can't grasp of what were we talking about, but I guess it's true..

As for Cynthia and Priscilla, I disagree. Cynthia was a well-mannered and optimistic warrior while Priscilla was well-mannered to but also to obssessive in taking the org's tasks as if they where the "Justice". Also note that not always the troublemakers are the ones to be sacrificed, but the intention of sending 24 Claymores to Pieta was to buy some time for Alicia & Beth's completion.

Quote:
All 4 women as a whole, are proud justice-seeking women with differences in them all due to their own experiences -- superficially however, they aren't all that different from eachother. They could become a superhero-squad altogether
Can't think of any superhero besides him at the moment...


@Gooral Yeah..... Give some credit to Nixl too since I did kinda copy his points

*Readies to run
Sorry Shiek but I did think of you as girl the first time we talked until I peeped into your About me profile section Hey don't blame me... your the one that started with the "Awwww" and such -.-;
__________________
Jean Claymore is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 18:20   Link #440
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Oh, come on now... don't tell me your taking it back after we finally got to agree at some points for the very first time ever . Trust me, don't get offended on this since I am not aiming at anyone but if you consider there situations, Jean's case was more of a reliable fellow warrior whom Clare had saved for her own good to fight Dauf while Raki's role was more of a mentor for Clare whom she saved out of her pure kindness(pity).

Maybe I should leave this topic here since I don't want to get any complaints about defending my fav char... I think it's the first time I ever poked my nose in to anything related to her.
No no, it's not that I'm taking it back or anything; I still hold it, even though Gooral disagrees....it's just that, in a sense, that position just feels so hollow.

It's true, or at least has alot of sense behind it (the overlapping between Jean and Raki that is), but it just feels so...superficial; like, couldn't do Yagi do something more original? You have to admit: similarities aside, it would feel kind of cheap if that's what it all come down too - that Jean was a 'what-if', if Raki was a Claymore.

Ambiguity as I said, helps and hurts - because we have no choice but to rely on the very minimal presence of Jean in the story but it also lets us use alot of our own imagination to guess her mysteries.

Their's no reason also to drop this subject.....really, it's not like any topic is actually going on at the moment.

Quote:
Almost lost you there... can't grasp of what were we talking about, but I guess it's true..

As for Cynthia and Priscilla, I disagree. Cynthia was a well-mannered and optimistic warrior while Priscilla was well-mannered to but also to obssessive in taking the org's tasks as if they where the "Justice". Also note that not always the troublemakers are the ones to be sacrificed, but the intention of sending 24 Claymores to Pieta was to buy some time for Alicia & Beth's completion.
Look, let me make it plain as possible - do you need a reason to be a certain type of person? To be a good person, or a bad person?

Some people are just the way they are, and often, it works very good for them - because they just came out said-person. We know Dietrich's honor and loyalty and discovered why when she told us her sad-past.....we got no such thing for Jean - undoubtedly, like all warriors as a whole, she has her own sad past as well, but we didn't hear about it

So in a way, their's no reason not to assume that her honor, her personality....who she is, maybe isn't because of something that happened to her, but just because that's how she's always been -- she's a good honorable person, just because. There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

If you want another comparison, try Ophelia and Roxanne -- Ophelia as far as we can tell, before her own tragedy, was a good person who dearly loved her brother....when Priscilla went own her rampage and ate him, she lost her mind (Post-traumatic stress disorder?); she became the psychotic we love/hate who just can't wait to kill Awakened Beings...

But she turned out that way only because of her tragedy - had that never happened to her, it's very possible that, not only would she remain a normal person, their's a good likelihood she may not even have been a warrior at all.

Roxanne on the other hand, has shown no evidence whatsoever that their is a reason for how she is and, looking around, that seems to be how people prefer....she's evil just because -- she has no trauma, no horror, no skeletons in her closets....she's just plain crazy because that's just how it is.

--------

As for Cynthia and Priscilla, you aren't getting my comparisons -- point blank, all 4 girls are very positive women who, despite their traumas, have very strong strength-of-heart and are all around good justice-seeking people (hence, my superhero joke ) -- Cynthia was a well-mannered girl like you said, but you have to realize how special that is: She, like all the others, fights for what the Organization appparently stands for -- she isn't a generic cold unsocial warrior, hurt by her past and the stigma normal humans put on her.....she takes it in stride and remains the optimistic bubble of joy that she apparently always was -- when travelling with Claire and Yuma, she notably says that the mission was a success, not because all the Yoma were killed, but because no human was hurt which surprises Claire.

It surprises Claire because most warriors just don't care enough for humans to think about it like that.....it's something Claire quietly muses why she was sent to Pieta in the first place.

As for Priscilla, you're kind of twisting her -- her "obsession" stemmed merely from her youth and inexperience; her beliefs really aren't, as a whole, all that different from the other women I've mentioned; she merely lacked experience and self-confidence....as I mentioned, once she grew up and matured in body, mind and beliefs...she would have realized that her defending of humanity conflicts with the Organization - eventually, it would have come to a point where her interests are not there interests.

Priscilla is not Dietrich - Dietrich was the one who seemed to love the Org above all (until we found otherwise, so the point is sort of mute anyway); Priscilla's obsession was with humanity, justice, and what is right - her black/white viewpoint stemmed from her own inexperience and belief that the Org had the same notions as her....how very wrong she was -- if anything, that's something else they capitalized on when they sent her to kill Teresa. When Teresa called her off on her flawed mentality, Priscilla went crazy - not so much she was mocking the Organization or anything, but because this "human-killing traitor" (which technically isn't wrong, but it's not like she knew the whole story either) seemingly was mocking her and her own beliefs about justice....that's the thing - beyond making fun of her and her youth (which, admit it....when you were a kid, you didn't like people making fun of you for it), this human-killing monster was mocking her adherence toward justice, as if this traitor knew better then her. Priscilla strongly defended the Organization, not so much because she loved them like Dietrich seemingly did....but because she though their beliefs overlapped with hers - again, she was gravely mistaken.

I mean really....you honestly think she would still support the Organization once she knew that they were the ones making Yoma? The ancient seemingly-invincible (because at the time, that's what they were before Yagi made it so now humans can kill them) enemy of all mankind? The thing that killed her father, took his form, and wiped out her family?

No, Pieta was the Organization's garbage disposal -- yes, Alicia and Beth had alot to do with it, but it was also primarily an opportunity to get rid of any and all undesirables....whether they knew too much, been around for too long, or for any innane reason they could think of; they were to sent to that death-trap...that's why even people like Cynthia get sent over - you think they care that she's apparently doing a "good job" and loves "protecting" people. Pff, as if they care.

My theory is that Miata was also intended to be their next disposal -- once they discovered Clarice knew about the Ghosts, she plainly knew too much and sent her off to be killed....it was quite a surprise when she didn't die and Miata actually became useful -- I remember getting into a big conversation with Ryus about them sending her off to Rabona, which was another part of their hidden-schemes - in short, they were "treasure" if they survived and succeeded and would become useful to them, "trash" if they died and no real loss on their part....a win-win situation....except if "ghosts from the north" so happened to show up and they allied with them, which is what basically happened .

====

Roflmao, great, you thought I was a female too?......why? Is things like emocons or writing "awww" that much of a difference?
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.