AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-01-05, 02:14   Link #41
piperz
El Psy Congroo

My top 10:

1. Ef- A Tale of Memories (Mystery, Drama, Romance, Seinen)
2. Steins Gate (Sci-Fi, Thriller)
3. One Piece (Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Super Power)
4. Angel Beats (Action, Comedy, Supernatural)
5. Fate Zero (Action, Fantasy, Magic, Supernatural)
6. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Magic, Shounen, Military)
7. Code Geass (Action, Mecha, School, Super Power, Military)
8. Last Exile Season 1 (Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi)
9. Clannad (Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, School, Slice of Life, Supernatural)
10. Ano Hana (Drama, Slice of Life)
Old 2012-01-05, 08:39   Link #42
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
My top ten series
1. Aria (completely in a class by itself, pure awesome)
2. Azumanga Daioh
3. TTGL
4. Bebop
5. Natsume
6. FMA/FMA: Brotherhood
7. Escaflowne
8. Initial D
9. Maria Watches Over Us
10. Fruits Basket
10. Madoka Magica
Old 2012-01-05, 09:11   Link #43
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
My top ten series
1. Aria (completely in a class by itself, pure awesome)
2. Azumanga Daioh
3. TTGL
4. Bebop
5. Natsume
6. FMA/FMA: Brotherhood
7. Escaflowne
8. Initial D
9. Maria Watches Over Us
10. Fruits Basket
10. Madoka Magica
Disqualified!

Its not top ten anymore
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 10:22   Link #44
christinemarie
Best Imouto

Top Ten Anime
I. Ro-Kyu-Bu! (guaranteed there is no anime that would feature any loli anymore playing basketball.)
II. Gintama (Out of Proportion.)
III. Itazura no Kiss (Splice of Life at its best for a girl.)
IV. Kimagure Orange Road (Splice of Life at its best for a guy.)
V. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
VI. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
VII. Card Captor Sakura
VIII. Dragon Ball
IX. Yuyu Hakusho
X. Great Teacher Onizuka
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 11:14   Link #45
pinoscotto

1 TTGL
2 Terra e
3 Clannad
4 FMAB
5 Eureka 7
6 Madoka
7 Toradora
8 Death note
9 Bakemonogatari
10 Zegapain

not sure about the ranking, but i think those are my top 10 (i wuold like to write planetes, nge, gankutsou ect.)
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 16:46   Link #46
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

I can't list the top ten anime OF ALL TIME, but I can put down my ten favorites.

10) Yu-gi-oh! Duel Monsters: This takes tenth place largely due to nostalgia, though I like the characters, plot, and card game. If the pacing of the show was improved, I think it would be much higher on the list.
9) RahXephon: It dragged on a little, but I really liked the muted themes throughout it. I love the OP, and the final line of the series suddenly put all the pieces of the puzzle together that I had somehow missed. It was quite the epiphany.
8) Code Geass R2: All the gratuitous fanservice keeps this from ranking higher, but I thought the action, pacing, and ending were all excellent. There were enough humor and "Oh shi-" moments to make it well worth a rewatch, too.
7) Azumanga Daioh: Just good, clean fun. This would rank higher if it didn't make me sleepy every time I watched it.
6) Angel Beats!: Oh, if only this had been a 26 episode series. The pacing was so bad, but the excellent artwork, solid music, amount of laugh-out-loud moments, and decent cast make this fun to rewatch in small chunks.
5) Gurren Lagann: Looking back, the art is a little too sketchy for my tastes, but man does this anime ever pack a punch. Around Episode 3 you're thinking "There's no way they can keep this pace up," but they DO. For another TWENTY-THREE EPISODES.
4) Elfen Lied: I could do without the extreme violence and nudity, but this was one of the first animes that really gripped me and made me feel for the characters. It's short and sweet, with twelve episodes perfectly telling the tight story.
3) Madoka Magica: This one ranks as highly as it does because it tells its story without a single care for the feelings of the characters or viewers. It breaks every convention you'd expect to be played straight (for example, the second time I watched it, I had completely forgotten that they weren't able to save Sayaka because it just didn't seem RIGHT), and the result is a raw, compelling anime. Add to it some of the most evocative music I've ever heard (hearing the soundtrack makes me feel like I'm actually watching the anime), and you have my third favorite anime ever.
2) Haruhi Suzumiya: Forget the utterly unremarkable second season. Forget all the filler episodes. The story told in the first six episodes (the first light novel) was brilliant, or at the very least, I had never encountered anything like it. After my #1 choice, this was only the second of three animes that I just ate up after seeing it (the third was Angel Beats!). I had to get all of the artwork I could find, and find out as much as I could about the series and characters. And really, it's the characters that makes this series. Some may be two-dimensional, and some (one in particular) may make you want to punch them, but darn it if I wouldn't watch any new anime involving their adventures. I didn't even care that the second season was bad, because at least I got to see the characters doing things again. The movie sealed it: This is my second favorite anime of all time.
1) Neon Genesis Evangelion: Cliche choice? Perhaps. Still, this anime has been extremely influential in my life, and I can't imagine where I'd be without it. It started the trend of anime backgrounds on my computer's desktop (one that lasted several years and only ended a few months ago). It caused me to buy my first (and only) manga series. It introduced me to completely new ways of telling stories, and inspired me to write a novel of my own. I don't know what my life would be like if I hadn't encountered Evangelion, but it's safe to say that I would be on a completely different path than I am now. Even today, looking back and rewatching the episodes, I'm amazed by them. The sheer boldness of creating the characters that Anno did and telling a story that's cruel and depressing and so profound at the same time make Neon Genesis Evangelion the greatest anime I've ever seen.
Old 2012-01-05, 18:37   Link #47
mecharobot

The classic thread, huh? Well, top10 is kind of limiting and is somewhat evolving from time to time, but for now:

1. Mushishi - It was probably the first anime that showed me that the medium can have thoughtful shows for adults as well. I loved every single story it had, which was only enriched by the wonderful atmosphere.

2. Legend of the Galactic Heroes - In term of scope, this is the anime that I think went the furthest. A nice view on all sides of the conflict, huge ambitions and tragedies made me feel like I'm watching true heroes in the making.

3. Turn A Gundam - Turn A Turn. I found this anime to have a very nice take on the mecha genre. Slightly steampunkish, detailed setting, unorthodox mecha designs, above average story and characters where you have to dig through to see their real psyche... In short it was a very, very unique mecha show of which in terms of presentation I have mostly praises for.

4. Super Dimension Fortress Macross - The first variety mecha show, which I still think keeps the best overall balance. Basically there is the war, the romance, the robots and the music. The story took a few heavy turns over its course too, which made me actually feel humanitys struggle for survival. Add to that a rather lenghty epilogue, which tied up the loose ends and it felt like something special.

5. Princess Tutu - There is the story, destiny and characters who aim to break free from it. All presented with some fun, classic music and grace. It is by far my favorite mahou shoujo show.

6. Kidou Senshi Z Gundam - The gundam that polished the angsty warfare to new heights, further deconstructing the mecha genre. The design work is among the best gundam has ever seen

7. Haibane Renmei - I've always appreciated anime that had actual fantasy settings and that also actually kind of felt like decent fiction. It was heart touching and made me want to go and visit their world for myself.

8. Aria series - Sort of like Haibane, but one that I discovered a lot later. It was another world which I wanted to be a part of, and cast that I gradually grew attached to. I never wanted it to end, but the ending was all the more beatiful that way.

9. Gunbuster - When a robot shows trascends itself and does something epic, I'm sold. When the shift in tone came in the last episode, I saw something along the lines of myth making and it was all the better because it wasn't for magic super robo powers, but for a personal choice. All wrapped in a nice ending.

10. Kaleido Star - I've seen a whole bunch of motivational anime, both in the sports and the fighting genre. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best one. Technically, it has all the same elements as most, but I did feel something set it apart. Seeing the struggle of a genuinely fun and lovable female lead was something I don't think I've seen before. There are also a nice set of episodes that flesh out all the characters and many of them are quite hearwarming to boot. Also, not being a manga adaption, it doesn't stop halfway and felt like a very nice way to end the show (unless you watch the supplementary OVAs, which are unnecessary).
mecharobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 06:28   Link #48
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Those aren't exactly my favorite, but I believe they are the cream of the crop for various different reasons. Listing ten is pretty hard because there is lotsa good animes out there.

1) Legend of the Galactic Heroes
2) Spirited Away
3) Paprika
4) Cowboy Bebop
5) Mushishi
6) Neon Genesis Evangelion
7) Nausicaa
8) Monster
9) Planetes
10) Revolutionary Girl Utena
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 06:32   Link #49
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
Disqualified!

Its not top ten anymore
I needed a way to get Madoka in there
Old 2012-01-06, 06:38   Link #50
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

No problem, mathematicians have it figured out for you already.
There is room for all of your favorite anime in between 9 and 10, with the magic of irrational numbers.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:25   Link #51
aksteb

Well these anime series stood out for me
Death Note
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Elfen Lied
Requiem for the Phantom
Monster
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Serial Expirements Lain
Wolfs Rain
in no particular order actually, except for death note witch first beyond any doubt. i didnt include any movies just series.
there other anime i also enjoyed like Bleach, Ergo proxy and others im propably forgeting right now.
DragonBallZ deserves a special mention as it was my first anime and still my favorite in its kind.
Im sure there are others out there worth watching like Higurashi and Black Lagoon (from what i hear) so keep posting!!!
aksteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:27   Link #52
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
No problem, mathematicians have it figured out for you already.
There is room for all of your favorite anime in between 9 and 10, with the magic of irrational numbers.
Yes, you can map the entire real number sequence between any interval of real numbers.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 15:24   Link #53
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Yes, you can map the entire real number sequence between any interval of real numbers.
Indeed, since the set of all anime is countable, you can map them all to the rationals between nine and ten. You don't even need the reals.
Old 2012-04-07, 02:53   Link #54
Eragon
Star Crossed, literally.

I will list my top ten in no particular order- as its very hard to compare them since they are from different genres.

Berserk - In my eyes this anime defines the term legendary series. Its got one of the best plots that I have seen.

Fullmetal Alchemist(and Brotherhood) - The reason why Berserk's plot is "one the best" and not "the best". It's got everything you want.

Clannad/Clannad After Story - Both seasons of Clannad hold a very special place in my heart.

Death Note - Mind games couldn't get better than this.

Samurai Champloo - My reasons are the same as others who have this in their top ten.

Cowboy Bebop - Same as above

Elfen Lied - Its the first anime to have got me shed tears. (First because I watched it before Clannad/Clannad After Story)

Grave of the Fireflies - This movie is a true masterpiece. But even so I don't the guts to watch this again. Not unless I want to spend an entire month in despair.

Fate/Stay Night & Fate Zero - I love Saber....... And that's the reason

Baccano - Its just way too much fun

There's one more series that I want to add and that is, Maria-sama ga Miteru(all 4 seasons).
Old 2012-04-07, 06:09   Link #55
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

In no particular order:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVAs - They haven't made shows like this in years. Possibly decades. Or ever.

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Seasons 1/2 + Movie - About the best mixture of sci-fi, action, and philosophy in anime.

Full Metal Panic Seasons 1/2 + OVAs - I have no idea why I find this series so damn funny, but whatever the reason, FMP has been my go-to comedy for years. Not that it's all laughs. The desert arc in season one, that ends with that interchange between Kaname and Sagara, was just so perfect, and absolutely not funny.

Planetes - I have a hard time choosing which 'realistic space' anime is my favorite, but I almost always inevitably come back to Planetes. With America's manned space program basically dead, shows like Planetes (Moonlight Mile, Twin Spica, etc) make me even more melancholy today. Even when I was younger, and interned at the Kennedy Space Center, I remember thinking how sad it was at how little progress we've made since the '70s - made very stark when you looked around at the facilities that existed there, and how it was apparent that the vision had been for a far more robust space program than what it ended up becoming after the Apollo missions. Which is why, I suppose, I really enjoy the 'realistic' space anime that comes out every 5-10 years, as I think the cynical side of me doesn't expect to live to see any of this happening in real life in my lifetime.

Honey and Clover Seasons 1/2 - I'm not too proud to admit that I've enjoyed the occasional Josei here and there, and Honey and Clover has been my undisputed slice of life favorite ever since it aired. There are a lot of sol/josei that have come close to dethroning this in my eyes, but this was the first that I REALLY loved, and that probably makes me incredibly biased against anything else I've enjoyed since, though Nana and Nodame Cantible could almost be interchangeable with Honey and Clover in my eyes.

Kino's Journey TV/Movies - A far more compelling 'Gulliver's Travels'.

Birdy the Mighty remake (mostly season two) - I'm generally not a big fan of fanservice, and I remember rolling my eyes at Birdy's outfit when season one started. But, much like Major Kusanagi in the first season of Ghost in the Shell, the skin baring outfit was almost a red herring, as fan service is definitely not what the show was about. While the first season was fairly solid, it lead into one of the more compelling shows I've enjoyed in recent years in season two with an almost perfect mixture of love, heartbreak, violence, and action.

Haruhi shows/ovas/movie - I know it's become almost cliche to disdain Haruhi, especially after the endless eight arc, but there is something so compelling to me about Kyon, as one of the most...hrm...real high school boys I've seen portrayed in anime. I won't scare anyone by saying how often I have watched this series, and I find the SD OVAs absolutely hilarious.

Wolf's Rain series/ova - I guess I'm a sucker for beautifully melancholy stories.

Noir - Pretty much the climax of the girls-with-guns genre. I have far less patience with certain aspects of this show today, but boy did I find Mirelle captivating back in the day. I mean, if I had an anime 'wife', she'd have been it.

There's probably 20 other shows I could interchange with the above ten if you were to ask me this question again, but these were the ones that came to mind first...this time.

Last edited by creb; 2012-04-07 at 06:23.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 07:20   Link #56
abc0716

Hmm well, this's my top 10 Anime of all-time so far, since I only have 4-5 years of 'real' experience on watching Anime...

By the way, the list is not on particular order:

1. Aria series
2. Clannad (After Story only)
3. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei series
4. Haibane Renmei
5. Digimon Adventure (season 1 only)
Yea I'm not lying, even-though it's consider as a 'childish' series. Did rewatched it on few months ago, and most of the good impression (as on first time watching) still remain on my heart.

6. Full Metal Panic (Fumoffu only)
It's one of the most funny series I have watched, however the actual series is not great as the comedy version, in my opinion.

7. Kowarekake no Orgel
It deserve to be remake into a 12-episode series, in my opinion.

8. Hidamari Sketch series
9. Mushishi
10. Steins;Gate
Probably now is too early to put it onto my 'all-time' list, heh.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 08:28   Link #57
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

My list is not in order

1.Deathnote- L is the best
2.Steins gate-best anime of 2011
3.Rainbow: Nisha roubou no Shichinin-very underrated
4.Hajime no ippo-best sports anime in my opinion
5.welcome to nhk
6. Monster
7.black lagoon
8.gantz
9. Kiss x sis
10.Michiko to Hatchin

Special mention- Yu Yu Hakusho, Baki the grappler-started my interest in anime
Old 2012-04-07, 08:57   Link #58
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
My list is not in order

1.Deathnote- L is the best
2.Steins gate-best anime of 2011
3.Rainbow: Nisha roubou no Shichinin-very underrated
4.Hajime no ippo-best sports anime in my opinion
5.welcome to nhk
6. Monster
7.black lagoon
8.gantz
9. Kiss x sis
10.Michiko to Hatchin

Special mention- Yu Yu Hakusho, Baki the grappler-started my interest in anime
lol sorry, but I have to comment...While reading down your list I couldn't help but think to myself... "that is so true!" (for the most part)...And then I eventually read down to your final three...And then all I could do was shake my head with disbelief.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:22   Link #59
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

To tell you the truth I wanted to put mirai nikki instead of gantz but it hasn’t finished airing.as for kiss x sis I thought it was the best ecchi anime I’ve seen. I was gonna remove michiko no hatchin because I remember other anime that are much better. So the last three would be like

8. Mirai nikki
9. Anu natsu de matteru-I thought it was great for a romance anime
10.Kuroshitsuji

There are you happy now?
Old 2012-04-07, 10:01   Link #60
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

10. Suzumiya Haruhi
9. Madoka Magica
8. Honey and Clover
7. Now and Then, Here and There