AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Chuunibyou

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-13, 03:51   Link #461
Hyper
Irregular Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 27
I think it looks more like an ED, thought it's still too...ummm..."dark?" for (my impression of) the series. Of course, they stated clearly that this is promotional OP so commenting on that is kinda useless.

I like it though. Prefer ZAQ's vocal in this one over the last PV. My only grip is that this might make some people have the wrong impression of the show again. The last PV did a great job of filtering those out. Speaking of that one, Rikka voice at the end has a hint of Nakahara Mai to my ears for some reasons.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 03:55   Link #462
webkid94
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Just imagine a series where half the cast are Okabe Rintarou, Hasegawa Kobato and the Highschool Boys when they are adventuring.
Alright, I was already planning on watching this because of Rikka's seiyuu + Kyoto Animation, BUT if the show is just like those three traits...oh god KyoAni! YES!
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 04:27   Link #463
rulfo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Whoah whoah whoah. What... That's beautiful and all but...


This somehow doesn't fit as an OP(the song that is).
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 06:13   Link #464
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
The ED title has been leaked. It is INSIDE IDENTITY by Black Raison d’etre (Rikka Takanashi, Shinka Nibuntani, Kumin Tsururi, and Sanae Dekomori). The single will be available on 2012/11/21.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-09-13 at 06:28.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 06:39   Link #465
rulfo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The ED title has been leaked. It is INSIDE IDENTITY by Black Raison d’etre (Rikka Takanashi, Shinka Nibuntani, Kumin Tsururi, and Sanae Dekomori). The single will be available on 2012/11/21.
Ok now I'm even more confused...

I was expecting they were playing with us and making this song to be an ED. NVM then... Let's see how this plays.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 07:07   Link #466
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Also, a reminder. The OP single comes in two formats: a CD-only regular edition, and a CD+DVD Limited Edition. Today's "promotional OP" could be used as both a promotional video for the single and included on the DVD as an extra. That could explain the phrasing.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 12:57   Link #467
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
I can't help thinking of "Another" every time I see that damn eyepatch...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 13:12   Link #468
liemtodaisu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I can't help thinking of "Another" every time I see that damn eyepatch...
Heaps of girls have worn that eyepatch already mate .
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:18   Link #469
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
I know, but these two look like sisters anyway.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:36   Link #470
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Nope, unhappy people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
If so, it's their own damn fault.
Why?


PVs (or trailers) should be designed to reach the widest audience possible. That's the whole point of a PV - To reach potential audiences for a show, and sell as many people as possible on your show. If PVs are only reaching people who carefully read through the seasonal preview charts then the PVs are not really doing their job, imo.

Put another way, if a PV is only truly understandable if the viewer already knows the background info on a show then that's a weakness within the PV itself and you shouldn't blame audiences for getting the wrong idea from it. When I watch a movie trailer I expect it to give me a good idea of what the movie is really about, and that's a perfectly reasonable expectation. Many people hold the same reasonable expectation when it comes to anime PVs.

This is why I had misgivings about the more action-y PV - To its credit, it did apparently reach audiences beyond those that read through the seasonal preview charts. That's a good thing. What's not a good thing, though, is giving those people a false impression about the show. Quite understandably, many people who watched the first PV thought that this show would be more like Shana or Raildex - i.e. have lots of flashy, superpowered action in it. Not everybody who's into shows like Shana and Raildex are also into generic romcoms, so it shouldn't surprise anybody that some people were left disappointed by this 2nd PV.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
People shouldn't be so fast to judge works by their premise, that is always the least important thing there is.
I disagree.

If you look at the most popular and well-received anime shows of recent years - Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online - They tend to have great premises.

Premises are underrated in the modern anime fandom, if anything.
__________________

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-09-13 at 14:49.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:54   Link #471
totoum
Backstop
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If you look at the most popular and well-received anime shows of recent years - Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online - They tend to have great premises.

Premises are underrated in the modern anime fandom, if anything.
I'm a bit baffled here,are we using the term premise the same way?Because to me on the contrary the premises,especially for Madoka,don't show you the full picture.
__________________
totoum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:09   Link #472
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm a bit baffled here,are we using the term premise the same way?Because to me on the contrary the premises,especially for Madoka,don't show you the full picture.
What I mean by "premise" is the basic idea behind a show.

Madoka's premise (even if it was shrouded at first) is deconstructing magical girl anime. It's a dark magical girl show, designed for the modern era.

Sword Art Online is about a bunch of people thrown into a virtual reality MMO death-trap. The focus is on one hero (and to a lesser extent, one heroine) attempting to adjust to life in that VR world while also trying to escape from it.

Fate/Zero is about a super-powered Holy Grail war involving several elite and multifaceted magic-wielders which helps to set up the events of Fate/Stay Night. It also has a dark and serious tone.

Steins;Gate... Ok, I'll admit it's hard to sum up Steins;Gate with a line or two. But even so, it clearly involves sci-fi in an interesting way, and that was part of its premise.


Just from these premises alone, the potential for greatness is apparent.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:10   Link #473
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
If people don't have the intelligence to do some independent research, their disappointment is their own fault.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:20   Link #474
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Why?



Premises are underrated in the modern anime fandom, if anything.

I think the problem would only be for those that don't know Japanese. The premises is in the title: Chūni-byō Demo Koi ga Shitai! (I Have Adolescent Delusions, But I Want to Love!).

If the viewer understands the language, they would have little to no problem understanding what the action parts were verse the normal life parts.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:23   Link #475
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If people don't have the intelligence to do some independent research, their disappointment is their own fault.
It's not an issue of intelligence, it's an issue of time.

Not everybody has the time to go researching every little thing they run across on the internet (or on TV or in the theaters) that might spark some interest for them.

We live in a very content-rich, advertisement-heavy society. It's the job of the content-makers to get across what their property is about as clearly as possible when they put out an advertisement, or PV, or trailer, etc... It's not the viewers' fault if they get the wrong idea from a misleading advertisement or PV or trailer.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:27   Link #476
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's not an issue of intelligence, it's an issue of time.
The few seconds it will take you to Google the name of the series are not an especial amount of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's not the viewers' fault if they get the wrong idea from a misleading advertisement or PV or trailer.
As said above, Westerners are NOT the intended viewing audience. The Japanese, who are, are well aware of what "chuunibyou" means.
It really does not help the case of people complaining about the misleading PVs that they have responded with OH IT'S JUST KYOANI MAKING MORE MOE ANIME AGAIN PREEMPTIVELY DROPPED, for that matter.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:36   Link #477
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The few seconds it will take you to Google the name of the series are not an especial amount of time.
Plenty of anime shows have misleading names, or names that only tell you a little bit about a show. "A Certain Magical Index" and "Shana of the Burning Eyes" don't necessarily indicate a flashy action show either.

Also, you don't see the irony in saying "Don't trust that lengthy 1st PV! Trust the name of the show instead!"


It's perfectly understandable for some viewers to get the wrong impression from the 1st PV. And given that wrong impression, it's also perfectly understandable why some people would be disappointed after watching the 2nd PV. This is not something that those viewers should be attacked or blamed for, imo.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 16:05   Link #478
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Why?
Because, as others have pointed out, the premise is right there in the title. What more could one possibly demand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Plenty of anime shows have misleading names, or names that only tell you a little bit about a show. "A Certain Magical Index" and "Shana of the Burning Eyes" don't necessarily indicate a flashy action show either.

Also, you don't see the irony in saying "Don't trust that lengthy 1st PV! Trust the name of the show instead!"
Honestly, the title when combined with the imagery of the first PV paints a pretty good picture of the premise IMO.
__________________
KEION!GEEK - a K-On! fan blog
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 16:12   Link #479
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Because, as others have pointed out, the premise is right there in the title. What more could one possibly demand?
Is "My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Cute!" all about incest?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Honestly, the title when combined with the imagery of the first PV paints a pretty good picture of the premise IMO.
That's just your opinion. Other people can quite reasonably come to a different opinion, so it's not "their own damn fault" for getting the wrong impression from the first PV for this anime.

It should not be hard to sympathize with how people would put more weight on the lengthy PV than on the mere name of the show, and hence come away from the first PV with the impression it'll be like Shana or Raildex.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 16:19   Link #480
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
You are reaching. When the PV matches the title in both cases.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, kyoto animation, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.