AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-09-27, 13:35   Link #621
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Actually, I expressed the same view about Nakamura when Hyouka started - he's another example of someone that really shouldn't be playing 16 year-olds anymore. I think Hyouka succeeded in part in spite of that disconnect (because at its best the writing was so superb), and partly because Nakamura is a good actor, even if he's miscast.
Frankly I thought the voice he did for Oreki was excellent (and fairly distinct from Tomoya, oddly enough), but that's my opinion.
Fukuyama should really be using his shouta voice for this character, presuming he can still do it.
Old 2012-09-27, 13:45   Link #622
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's nothing against Nakamura or Fukuyama Jun - I like 'em both, and for me FukuJun's getting better and better (his work in Natsuyuki is the best serious role of his career, IMO). I'm just against the continued recycling of the same dozen or so actors for these kinds of roles when there are clearly plenty of good younger actors out there who excel when given the chance. You can go for an actual kid, like E7 and Hourou Musuko did (it's worth remembering that Irino Miyu got his first lead - D.N. Angel - when he was 14) or give a break to somebody in their 20s, like A-1 did with Ohsaka Ryouta in Tsuritama. New blood is good for the industry, and it shouldn't be limited to the girls because authenticity really does matter.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 15:06   Link #623
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I just can't buy FukuJun in juvenile roles any more - he sounds like a middle-aged man doing a voice while telling a joke at a party. I really don't like seeing the same group of actors recycled over and over even when they're clearly no longer suited to play these sorts of roles. I love FukuJun - anyone who can do what he's been doing in Shirokuma Café and Natsuyuki Rendezvous at the same time is a helluva actor - but enough with the kiddie roles.
But Fukujun haven't use this kind of voice since I dunno.. n for me its sounds rather different than Takahashi from Working which why I found the voice is rather refreshing.

And I dunno why some of you feel the voice is too deep, since.. you know its obvious what they aim for casting him as ex Chuu2 role (and gonna into that again)

Make him use Luca's kind of voice would totally missing the point of this casting.
Old 2012-09-27, 15:31   Link #624
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Just saw the short. Looks decidely non-threatening in the extreme, laid back and cutesy (especially the main girl that looks like she comes straight from the Yui Hirasawa school of female leads) with BGM that sounds like it's straight out of Lucky Star or K-On. The dynamic also seems to be the common one of slightly sarcastic and world-weary male lead tries to help eccentric girl deal with her mundane issues and problems that she'd never be able to resolve herself cause she's just too ditzy. It seems to exist in that type of setting that Kyoani loves creating where the gravest threat facing the cast is whether the female lead is going to be able to learn how to return a nicely aimed volleyball serve or not and again where everything is portrayed as super laid back, ultra-cute and non-threatening as possible.

People that like this sort of thing will absolutely eat this up I'm sure and absolutely adore and cherish it, but I foresee myself putting more time into checking out the various high concept and daring looking shows of the season. Yet again Kyoani puts out that just does not look like it'll be something that'll hold my interest, but I'm still willing to give the first couple episodes a chance to prove me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The one thing I have come to accept is that one must enter a new KyoAni series with an open mind. They have a habit of making the seemingly mundane into something inexplicably awesome. A lot of their recent adaptations have been very experimental.

Cheers.
Replace Kyoani with Sunrise or Madhouse here and I might actually agree with you. For me though Kyoani tends to have a habit of portraying the seemingly mundane as exactly that and I typically end up losing interest extraordinarily fast. Again though I'm more than willing to give this one a chance to prove me wrong and plan to try to keep an open mind using what I've learned of what people like about their shows so far and trying to apply it to the mentality with which I approach it as best I can.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 16:07   Link #625
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
But Fukujun haven't use this kind of voice since I dunno.. n for me its sounds rather different than Takahashi from Working which why I found the voice is rather refreshing.

And I dunno why some of you feel the voice is too deep, since.. you know its obvious what they aim for casting him as ex Chuu2 role (and gonna into that again)

Make him use Luca's kind of voice would totally missing the point of this casting.
You're missing my point. I don't want FukuJun using a falsetto - I want a seiyuu who doesn't have to use a falsetto to sound like he's a teenager.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 20:27   Link #626
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Except for Rikka firing WWII era pistols, which was most certainly a delusion, this was much more normal than I would've thought.
I'll take a look at the first episode and see how this develops.
Old 2012-09-28, 00:04   Link #627
Westlo
Lets be reality

The short bored the shit out of me, but it's a short clip anyway so I'll see what the show has in stall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Yeah, in a way I see this character as his chance to "reply" back to Miyano's Okabe in a way... also if Jun and Miyano and the like had to stop voicing 16 year olds they wouldn't have much work left And if they stuck to voicing older characters you'll in effect push out the older vets who have cornered the market on those characters... less Jun, less Miyano, next to none Suwabe's and like and more Yuki Kaji's and other actors who aren't a scratch on Jun and Miyano.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 00:10   Link #628
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Why people so complaining about FukuJuns voice here. he used the same as for Tori in Horizon which exactly that I hoped for.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 04:55   Link #629
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Unless the official twitter account is lying to us, it's ZAQ.
That or ZAQ has the stuff for being a VA. I know the former is highly impossible but I just can't digest my inner confusion.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 05:21   Link #630
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
The official site updated with some avatars you can use and the cover art for the OP/ED singles.
OP:

ED:

(The text was placed by the official site. There's nothing I can do)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 05:25   Link #631
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Just saw the short and I'm interested in the romance.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 05:44   Link #632
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
That or ZAQ has the stuff for being a VA. I know the former is highly impossible but I just can't digest my inner confusion.
Listening to the songs in her Nico account, ZAQ is pretty much the female Hyadain. She does all kinds of weird and wonderful voices.

And on another note, I'm very much looking forward to the actual OP and ED animation, especially the ED, since thats where Kyoani likes to get all 'edgy'.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 07:55   Link #633
Sumeragi
Banned

Given that my younger brothers had a similar voice to FukuJun when they were starting high school..... I don't have quite the same disconnect as most of you seem to have. Maybe it's just me.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 10:14   Link #634
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
I saw the short and wow. I'm absolutely sold. It looks like as if someone added Haruhi, Lucky Star, Hyouka, and Nichijou in one show. XDD

Haruhi = official inspiration
Lucky Star = main heroine
Hyouka = graphics
Nichijou = some of the scenes look Nichijou-ish.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:15   Link #635
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I saw the short and wow. I'm absolutely sold. It looks like as if someone added Haruhi, Lucky Star, Hyouka, and Nichijou in one show. XDD

Haruhi = official inspiration
Lucky Star = main heroine
Hyouka = graphics
Nichijou = some of the scenes look Nichijou-ish.
i think hyouka and Lucky Star is bit overreaching.

the main heroine have few similarity to Lucky star cast and the graphics is closer to Haruhi movie than Hyouka (well they made by same company so similarity is inevitable).

IMO is more like

Haruhi-(Esper+Time Travel+Alien+Reality Warper)+Nichijou's Drug=ChuniByo
Old 2012-09-28, 14:34   Link #636
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

I'll be watching this series, it looks good enough in my opinion.
BTW, Rikka seems to be a funny MC.
Old 2012-09-28, 14:34   Link #637
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i think hyouka and Lucky Star is bit overreaching.

the main heroine have few similarity to Lucky star cast and the graphics is closer to Haruhi movie than Hyouka (well they made by same company so similarity is inevitable).

IMO is more like

Haruhi-(Esper+Time Travel+Alien+Reality Warper)+Nichijou's Drug=ChuniByo
Haruhi-(Esper+Time Travel+Alien+Reality Warper)+Nichijou's Drug+K-on!Character Design(?)=ChuniByo
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:51   Link #638
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I think it just looks like... a show. To be honest, it doesn't remind me of any of the things mentioned (and I've seen most of those). That's one of several reasons I can't wait to see it.
Old 2012-09-28, 15:14   Link #639
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Haruhi-(Esper+Time Travel+Alien+Reality Warper)+Nichijou's Drug+K-on!Character Design(?)=ChuniByo
it actually closer to Clannad character design. with colorful hair and stuff
Old 2012-09-28, 22:03   Link #640
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
The blog updated today with a couple of pictures of the OP/ED
OP:

ED:

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, kyoto animation, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen