AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-29, 21:33   Link #41
jennwenn

*sigh* I fear the effects of lazy websurfers who cringe at clicking links ('cause I know there are many of you out there...)

Just so no one gets the wrong idea about a great group, TechnoGirls are a fansubbing group, and one of the oldest and most repsected at that. They began with VHS tapes but now use homemade DVDRs for their fansubs. They're traditional and ethical so they won't do licensed series. They don't even do series that have a chance of being licensed, which is why they have Oniisama e in their lineup. The DVDs are cheap and they don't profit from them. They've done anime like Zetsuai and Romeo's Blue Sky.

So go look at the site!
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 22:18   Link #42
Imazul

Since people wont care to read or understand my views anyway i deleted my post

Good day

Last edited by Imazul; 2004-07-29 at 22:31.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 22:26   Link #43
Bullsquat
Strange Love

R u saying that every fansubbers are bootleggers before the advent of digi-subbing?

My, my, so how did anime come about anyway?
Old 2004-07-29, 22:32   Link #44
Imazul

oh well, what I had wrote here would have probably been ignored or trash anyway

Last edited by Imazul; 2004-07-29 at 22:45.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 01:52   Link #45
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazul
oh well, what I had wrote here would have probably been ignored or trash anyway
What are you talking about? You could have kept the post and explained yourself in another one. Your post made it sound like you didn't check their site. If you did check the site and you wanted to make a point about fansub distros (like Bullsquat is mentioning?) then all you had to do was explain yourself again. Nobody would dimiss your posts as trash. You just weren't clear. If I misinterpreted you, you might as well say how instead of delete your post completely. How is anyone supposed to know what you meant otherwise?

About old VHS fansubbers, they're about as illegal as ALL fansubbers, digisubbers and VHSers alike since all fansubs are a breach of copyright. I wouldn't consider VHS fansubbers bootleggers. They have a pretty crappy distribution system (usually one person doing it all) that doesn't let the tapes/DVDRS reach a lot of people. Also they charge only enough to cover the cost of the tape/DVDR and shipping, and sometimes not even that if they operate on a "send your own tape and envelope in the mail" system (SASE).

That's how fansubbing was done. There were definitely some scumbags who did turn this into a profiteering thing, just like there are the scumbags of the digisub world now. They're not all bad.

Just because digisubs are a computerized format people tend to consider it less of an "offense" but its really the same thing.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 19:23   Link #46
guess

Hello, ppl, I just saw this on the front page of animesuki (the BT site) that there is a new group now subbing Oniisama e (aka brother dear brother). I have no idea about this new group crossfade. Does anyone here would like to give more info.?

Besides, I never knew that Oniisama e had DVD version. I thougth only LD ever existed. Is that a japeanes release or some other languages?
Old 2004-11-01, 08:40   Link #47
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
--deleted--

Last edited by paTKany; 2006-05-07 at 15:03. Reason: old (and once deleted) post revived by the 2005/12 restore
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 18:12   Link #48
parabellum

Are subtitle files available for Oniisama E? I just need English subtitle files in .sub .smi .ssa or similar.
parabellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 03:06   Link #49
Velvet.Rose

Unhappy Brother dear brother.oniisama e

Hello guys
please if anyone can help me to get download for "Brother dear brother"
iam dying for it
please i try to find it , but it no use
iam waiting for your help
Velvet.Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 03:48   Link #50
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

I'm afraid you can't find it in torrents or for the direct download. It's too old.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 17:17   Link #51
tyciol
*Artist

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/385.html

I checked this but there don't seem to be torrents anymore. Is it too old? It sounded interesting.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 17:54   Link #52
4Tran

Yeah, it's really really old by now. But if you do get a chance to watch Oniisama E, go and watch it. It may be the most melodramatic show in the world, but it's one of the foundation blocks of modern shoujo, and it's well worth checking out.
Old 2009-07-13, 22:09   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Oniisama-e is one of my favorite shows. Partly because it is so unapologetically melodramatic. There are strong feelings there, intense characters, an interesting plot, and an ending you can have various reactions to.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 19:55   Link #54
tyciol
*Artist

Now I'm a bit confused if it's Oni or Onii (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=17687 says Oni) I think it's 2 i's...

Anyway, there do seem to be torrents on the net, and since it is not licensed (presumably?) would it be possible to get them listed on 385?

I am not sure if it is permissable to post links to sites that have these torrents (btmon or mininova?) but bt has 1-39, and mini has the same episodes (I am not sure if someone with both trackers would be able to benefit from the existance of both torrents though) but it is batched with Live-Evil's release of Rose of Versailles.

I haven't tried it yet, but learning about RoV (checking the entry while some Urchins did it, LE is the only one with seeds) http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/92.html so if that doesn't work I'll finish it there.

Some notes on this torrents (I didn't find it): the stand-alone is called Brother, Dear Brother - 01-39(DivX,Sub)(Complete). No group is listed. The one batched with RoV, the name of the batch is 'Riyoko Idea Collection' in a folder called 'Oniisama E'.

The file formats are identical, as such: Brother, Dear Brother(Oniisama E...) - ##(Sub)(VHS-LQ-MQ).avi for episides 1-28. (except 26 which has a (DivFix110) tag which I don't understand)
29-35 is same except it says MQ-HQ instead. This makes sense as the L-Ms range from 37-87 while the M-Hs are larger (and oddly highly more consistant) range of 108-110.
The final 4 (36-9) say (Sub)(DVD)[Lilith.Instumentality.org] and are 200 cept for the last which is 196. Presumably some other group picked it up, I'm not sure how to locate info about Lilith Instumentality though, when I tried the URL in the file name nothing came up.

Last edited by tyciol; 2009-07-26 at 20:06.
Old 2009-07-26, 23:05   Link #55
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
Now I'm a bit confused if it's Oni or Onii (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=17687 says Oni) I think it's 2 i's....
It's a long "i", which can be written either as an i with a line over it, or as two i's. If it were just one short i, it would be the word "oni," which means a kind of demon. I've usually seen it as "onii." The anime is also called "Brother, Dear Brother" in English. The Japanese title is the beginning of the letters the heroine sends her brother: "oniisama-e" means "to elder brother."
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Old 2010-03-08, 12:53   Link #56
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I'm bumping this topic to say that this is the best yuri melodrama ever made. If you have any interest at all in yuri anime, you should watch at least some of it. Look around: I have reason to believe that you might have some luck finding it these days.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-03-08 at 15:50.
Old 2010-09-17, 10:38   Link #57
frenchy_candytown
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to frenchy_candytown Send a message via MSN to frenchy_candytown Send a message via Skype™ to frenchy_candytown
This is one of the best anime series that I have ever watched. It's really awesome. I recommend it to everyone who likes The Rose of Versailles
Old 2011-08-27, 08:01   Link #58
tyciol
*Artist

I'll probably watch Rose first since Live-Evil did it and it looks well seeded.

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/385.html still shows no active torrents which kinda sucks. I took a look and only found episode 26 and 27.
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=171917
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=171927

Since I can't seem to find this TechnoGirls thing, I mirrored the one I talked about previously on Nyaa http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo...79&showfiles=1 I don't know how much attention it gets though.
Old 2011-11-16, 05:27   Link #59
Dop
We can't stop here...

I finally finished watching this show last night....

A few years ago, I'd watched Rose of Versailles and had me an urge to watch some more of that glorious Riyoko Ikeda stuff, and managed to get a complete fansub, almost all of which is ripped off VHS tapes, complete with colour bleed and the occasional tracking problem while it was being digitised at low resolution with compression artefacts the size of postage stamps. You can tell you're watching an old fansub when the fansubber credits request an SASE...!

But I never got around to watching it. It's not really a show you can marathon your way through, marathoning a show like this is much too much and oh so very very...

A few months back I pulled it from my archive, and this time I thought rather than trying to get through it in a week or so I'd limit myself to a few episodes a week so as not to overindulge.

I'm glad I did. I do prefer Rose of Versailles, but this show is still a gloriously melodramatic OTT emotional rollercoaster full of characters who are all broken in some way or another.

In a way, it's be interesting to think what a modern remake of this story could be like, and whether it would make it a lot more accessible to today's audiences.
But as Osamu Dezaki is no longer with us, I'd fear any remake could 'moe-ify' things a notch, and that would be bad and wrong.

It's a veritable classic of its genre.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 04:23   Link #60
tyciol
*Artist

I just finished episode 26 today. This is a very great series. About ep 27, the version I am watching is Brother, Dear Brother(Oniisama E...) - 27(Sub)(VHS LQ-MQ) and it's got CRAZY static. Like I can barely tolerate watching it. All the others have been okay though.

I'm not sure why there are not any active torrents for this show anymore. I really wish a mod would add them. Wish animesuki had some kind of automated user-submission thing.