AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-31, 02:24   Link #1
tyciol
*Artist

Nanatsu no Umi no Tico (Tico of the Seven Seas) 39-ep dolphin+loli<3 series from 1994

This is a world masterpiece series that has been picked up by Minor Ja Nai, a group whose work I have enjoyed a lot in the past.

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1114.html

I hadn't gotten around to seeing all of MJN's one-shots, in spite of recognizing their good taste for classics. It caught my eye because recently the group did a flurry of activity this year, after being sort of inactive for a while.

Like some of their other one-shots, the group picked up the series and in this case has done another 15 episodes. I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet, but I love dolphins (blame David Eddings including pink ones in Elder Gods' Dreamers saga) so am looking forward to watching it.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to yet, and what you think about it, since this series doesn't appear to have a forum thread dedicated to it yet.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 06:42   Link #2
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I have to disappoint you then: That is not a dolphin, it is a KILLERWHALE!!

Or Orca if you want less scary.
It was released 1 year after 'Free Willy', you know that hit movie with an Orca and a kid and the sea.
Looks a lot like copycat to me.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 16:38   Link #3
tyciol
*Artist

I don't care, copycat anime often turn out better than what inspired them. Just look at Peter Pan no Bouken.

Looks like they haven't continued this year. I wonder if I download them and make a batch this might attract attention and tempt them to continue?

It appears [url=http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=tico]episode 12 got greenlisted.

Another green link is another group's work on the first 8 eps.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote