AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-24, 22:37   Link #641
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Well, latest results...

Nova 7 - Yeah, Mami have no power, but can't even beat Shirayuki for 3rd is just bad.
What actually surprised me was Shirayuki beat Honma Meiko for 2nd and Meiko barely had more votes than Mami

The other surprise was group 9 where Shimada Minami is looking to advance in a later phase by taking 3rd from Gasai Yuno
Old 2012-02-24, 23:00   Link #642
Ithekro
Warning

What happened to Ika?
Old 2012-02-24, 23:43   Link #643
CrowKenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What happened to Ika?
I'm scratching my head wondering that too...

Old 2012-02-24, 23:46   Link #644
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

She was never strong on ISML to begin with, im more surprised people DIDNT expect her to do bad.

Well Shana was expected, lets see how far Kanon, Elsie, and Haqua can go on round 2
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-02-24, 23:49   Link #645
Ithekro
Warning

There are two more matches for Round One, correct?
Old 2012-02-24, 23:49   Link #646
Team Rocket Elite

Hotogi Shirayuki beat Menma? I never would have expected that. It's a great job by Shirayuki but it also means Menma didn't do as well as she should have. After a poor performance last time, Konata does bounces back by quite a bit. I'd say she even looks better than Kagami right now. Nanoha also did quite well for herself even if she was just fighting in the lower ranks. she's actually getting a bit close to Fate which looks a bit odd. I like Nanoha so higher is better but it does mean Fate needs to do some work to impove herself as well. Overall Phase I looked like it did a good job of picking out the top competitors.
Old 2012-02-25, 00:42   Link #647
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
What did happen to Ika? Not that I'm not satisfied with Aria doing well in that group, but still odd. Though personally more disappointed Rika finished fifth in her group. Couldn't even beat Ami.
Old 2012-02-25, 00:46   Link #648
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There are two more matches for Round One, correct?
We now go to seeding round to prepare for phase II
Old 2012-02-25, 00:54   Link #649
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
What did happen to Ika? Not that I'm not satisfied with Aria doing well in that group, but still odd. Though personally more disappointed Rika finished fifth in her group. Couldn't even beat Ami.
Nothing really happened to Ika Musume. She looks to be about as strong as she was last year which isn't all that strong.
Old 2012-02-25, 01:18   Link #650
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Nothing really happened to Ika Musume. She looks to be about as strong as she was last year which isn't all that strong.
It's the same Ika-musume that beat Menma in a straight-up match last year, though. (OK she had an ongoing season 2 at that point in time, but still...) It's why I never established Menma as particularly strong, and was more impressed with Shirayuki being strong than Menma being weak today.
Old 2012-02-25, 02:02   Link #651
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Went 12 for 12 in winner predictions. Some surprises in the 2nd and 3rd results though.

Happy for Mikoto, Yuki, Azusa, Taiga, Hina, Kirino making the regular season and somewhat happy for Sena(I really like Kanae Itou) and Homura(resembles Chiaki from Mouretsu Pirates). I think some people will be very happy that Homura held her strength against Irisviel. I think Homura may get stronger as the regular season goes underway.

Looks like Suburu is going to be a contender for Phase II and III. Happy that Sora only managed to get 4th. Looks like BakaTest could possibly send at least one if not three girls to the regular season based on their better performing. I wonder if this is a sign that BakaTest may strengthen once the head to head matches start in Nova.

Ika seems to narrowly lose out for 3rd and winds up in 4th. Sad to think she's on the bubble, and I wonder if Yuno is weakening based on her getting 4th as well.

Inori looks like she could be the only Guilty Crown character to make the regular season, and she had some good numbers against Sena. I wonder if Inori is going to fizzle when she makes the regular season though.

Kurisu also put up quite a fight herself. I think her chances of making it into the regular season are good. I wonder if the Steins;Gate OVA(episode 25) is going to have any strengthening effect on her.
Old 2012-02-25, 02:21   Link #652
Eater of All
NOM

Now that Phase 1 is (almost) over, I honestly think that the power balance in Nova is whacked in a lot of places. Popular shows that I thought would stomp turn out to be whimpers, while girls from niche series like, say, Sora is still going relatively strong. The strong performances of several like Inori and Sena are expected, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I have to say that is possible too so probably 50/50 chance of them losing or gaining power.
Don't think I've ever seen any girl, except Taiga (or obvious factions like Rozen Maiden, though such things have effectively become extinct) randomly gaining strength as a season goes on, unless they have a show airing. Generally, I always saw strength as constantly decreasing, albeit at a rate that is decreasing as well (so new girls always lose votes faster than older girls).

Who knows though, maybe the Nova system would put a dent in things.
Old 2012-02-25, 02:26   Link #653
Ithekro
Warning

The only Tiara winner that is not in yet presently is Fate. Hinagiku, Mio, and Misaka are in.
Old 2012-02-25, 06:24   Link #654
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
It's the same Ika-musume that beat Menma in a straight-up match last year, though. (OK she had an ongoing season 2 at that point in time, but still...) It's why I never established Menma as particularly strong, and was more impressed with Shirayuki being strong than Menma being weak today.
This is why I don't hold much hope for Menma in 1v1 battles. The 'neutrals' will most likely vote for the other person. Especially if she lost to Ika last year. This group format might have helped her, but I guess we'll see how she'll do in the next phase.

Or I guess Ika might royally own in 1v1s.
Old 2012-02-25, 10:43   Link #655
broken270
Defying gravity

Like most people here, I was surprised with placement in second and third than first. Shirayuki beating Menma? That caught me off guard. With the way Bakatest is performing, we may see one of them in Regular Season. Interesting that Yuno came in fourth. She looked strong in her first round, but I wonder what happened. Ika is not getting enough love. Maybe she will be unable to go to Regular Season once more?
Old 2012-02-25, 13:59   Link #656
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
So in a nutshell, this year is probably going to be between Kanade, Kuroneko, Shana and Azusa. HanaKana vs RieKu. Yep, that sounds about par for the course for a moe contest.
Old 2012-02-25, 14:44   Link #657
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

I think it's probably just going to come down between Kanade and Shana, assuming that they don't get sniped at some point.
Old 2012-02-25, 16:03   Link #658
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Like most people here, I was surprised with placement in second and third than first. Shirayuki beating Menma? That caught me off guard. With the way Bakatest is performing, we may see one of them in Regular Season. Interesting that Yuno came in fourth. She looked strong in her first round, but I wonder what happened. Ika is not getting enough love. Maybe she will be unable to go to Regular Season once more?
Well...the 3rd place in Yuno's group in first round is Ohana, who finished a distant 4th in Round 2 and 3. Then your 4th place in Wendy finished 5th in Round 2 and 3...

So, no, Yuno didn't lose power, she never has much to begin with. Her 2nd place finish is more of a result of being in a weak group than her actually being strong.

Not to mention, Yuno was barely eked out by Minami anyway...(70 votes is not much in a free-for-all pick 2...)

And why surprised about Shirayuki anyway. If I'm not wrong, she's more popular than Aria...(At least in Japan, that is).

Quote:
So in a nutshell, this year is probably going to be between Kanade, Kuroneko, Shana and Azusa. HanaKana vs RieKu. Yep, that sounds about par for the course for a moe contest.
Azu-nyan is voiced by Aya-nyan not HanaKana...

On the other hand, you have 5 out of 12 Nova girls voiced by HanaKana and only 2 Kugyu girls total (and it's not like Shana and Taiga will ever stop getting in anyway...). If anything, it's not HanaKana v. Kugyu. It's more like HanaKana civil war waiting to happen...
Old 2012-02-25, 16:03   Link #659
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Personally, Mikoto looks stronger than Shana to me. Shana doesn't look any stronger than she was in ISML 2011 despite her having an ongoing series. Though It's still close between them...
Old 2012-02-25, 16:54   Link #660
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
I think it's probably just going to come down between Kanade and Shana, assuming that they don't get sniped at some point.
I think it's going to be "Kanade unless she gets sniped" again. Shana might have a chance if season 3 really boosts her but I have doubts about that right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
And why surprised about Shirayuki anyway. If I'm not wrong, she's more popular than Aria...(At least in Japan, that is).
I'm not sure about Japan but Aria is way stronger than Shirayuki in ISML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Personally, Mikoto looks stronger than Shana to me. Shana doesn't look any stronger than she was in ISML 2011 despite her having an ongoing series. Though It's still close between them...
They are definitely close together. However, Misaka might have to deal with anti-repeat champion votes in matches that matter.

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament