AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-07, 01:00   Link #2121
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Hey, they can't rush the date AND the fight AND the epilogue in one episode even if they wanted to .

Just acept it already, 4 episodes for each novel(vol.1-3) and then the anime ends. I don't know why people wants the anime to adapt the novels upt to vol.4. Maybe you want a rushed adaptation?
I agree. 4 episodes per volume would be good. If they end with the cliffhanger in volume 3 what are the chances that people will want season 2? Also, they won't rush through everything and ruin it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
3 volumes, it tooke various chapters from vol.8.
Yeah but vol 8 is a compilation of side stories and the ones they used fell along the timeline of the first 2 volumes.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 01:18   Link #2122
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Return of The Comeback
Quote:
I agree. 4 episodes per volume would be good. If they end with the cliffhanger in volume 3 what are the chances that people will want season 2? Also, they won't rush through everything and ruin it.
There was also the time that I deduced the number of episodes that the LN can cover. If you have read the LN Vol.1, you can see that the first three illustrations have been animated, then ended with the beginning of Shidou's galge training.

I've deduced that three episodes will cover the length of one Vol.

Spoiler for theory:
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 03:27   Link #2123
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Hey, they can't rush the date AND the fight AND the epilogue in one episode even if they wanted to .

Just acept it already, 4 episodes for each novel(vol.1-3) and then the anime ends. I don't know why people wants the anime to adapt the novels upt to vol.4. Maybe you want a rushed adaptation?


3 volumes, it tooke various chapters from vol.8.
From what I in the PV it looks like that may be the case. They need to adapt it all the way up to volume 4 because volume 3 ends with that cliffhanger.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 08:09   Link #2124
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
There was also the time that I deduced the number of episodes that the LN can cover. If you have read the LN Vol.1, you can see that the first three illustrations have been animated, then ended with the beginning of Shidou's galge training.

I've deduced that three episodes will cover the length of one Vol.

Spoiler for theory:
So one more episode till Tohka gives what I personally consider the most brutal yet cathartic beatdown of all time (I really, really hate Origami)
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 08:32   Link #2125
holybell84
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
There was also the time that I deduced the number of episodes that the LN can cover. If you have read the LN Vol.1, you can see that the first three illustrations have been animated, then ended with the beginning of Shidou's galge training.

I've deduced that three episodes will cover the length of one Vol.

Spoiler for theory:
er... you can just check the titles of the episodes at the sites; Tohka's arc will be over at 3
__________________
Standing Strong
holybell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 09:37   Link #2126
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Or you can just guess. Since Kurumi is introduced, it will likely end up in Vol 4.

Though LN adaptations usually spend 3 volumes on 12 eps for action series, I think.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 13:34   Link #2127
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Or you can just guess. Since Kurumi is introduced, it will likely end up in Vol 4.

Though LN adaptations usually spend 3 volumes on 12 eps for action series, I think.
Kurumi's novel is the third volume, not fourth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
I agree. 4 episodes per volume would be good. If they end with the cliffhanger in volume 3 what are the chances that people will want season 2? Also, they won't rush through everything and ruin it.
It the season ends with the volume 3 as planned the cliffhanger will be great for a second season.

Its you people who are hopeless that your pessimism starts to be annoying.

Quote:
Yeah but vol 8 is a compilation of side stories and the ones they used fell along the timeline of the first 2 volumes.
They changed out things here and there from vol.2 too.
__________________
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 14:21   Link #2128
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Kurumi's novel is the third volume, not fourth.
Well, yeah. His point was that since the fourth volume is a direct continuation of the third, it would cover up to the fourth volume since leaving the series on a cliffhanger would just be bad directing. I think you're forgetting who made this thread in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It the season ends with the volume 3 as planned the cliffhanger will be great for a second season.

Its you people who are hopeless that your pessimism starts to be annoying.
What do you mean by "as planned"?
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 14:45   Link #2129
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
If the studio is really serious in getting a second season, maybe volume 4 won't be in S1. But otherwise, I don't see any studio ending an Anime season with a cliffhanger. Not doing volume 4 is similar to stopping brutally in the middle of a volume, as I consider V3-4 to be a long story.

Anime seasons usually end with some elements that make you feel pumped for a second season. But it's nothing as inconclusive as cutting at Vol 3. If that happens, there should be some kind of original twist to have Kurumi and Shidou do some stuff so there won't be an abrupt end.

Otherwise, there's still the 12+3 episodes scenario. Similar to what happened with OreImo S1, Bakemonogatari and Kokoro Connect.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:01   Link #2130
Ramen00
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
They surely said last december that the anime will cover volumes 1-3.

and there are anime which has open end like Horizon s1 which was continued onto the next season

Worst case scenario is developing an original end.
Though I surely hope it won't be like that.
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:12   Link #2131
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
If the studio is really serious in getting a second season, maybe volume 4 won't be in S1. But otherwise, I don't see any studio ending an Anime season with a cliffhanger. Not doing volume 4 is similar to stopping brutally in the middle of a volume, as I consider V3-4 to be a long story.

Anime seasons usually end with some elements that make you feel pumped for a second season. But it's nothing as inconclusive as cutting at Vol 3. If that happens, there should be some kind of original twist to have Kurumi and Shidou do some stuff so there won't be an abrupt end.

Otherwise, there's still the 12+3 episodes scenario. Similar to what happened with OreImo S1, Bakemonogatari and Kokoro Connect.
I'm sure Volume 4 will be covered, at least partially. It would be quite silly to design a character (Spirit Kotori) just so it can be on the screen for whole 5 seconds and lead up to some cliffhanger.



And I really doubt the latter scenario with 12+3 episodes will happen.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:23   Link #2132
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
I'm sure Volume 4 will be covered, at least partially. It would be quite silly to design a character (Spirit Kotori) just so it can be on the screen for whole 5 seconds and lead up to some cliffhanger.



And I really doubt the latter scenario with 12+3 episodes will happen.
can you make that image bigger so the character faces are more visible
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:37   Link #2133
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
If the studio is really serious in getting a second season, maybe volume 4 won't be in S1. But otherwise, I don't see any studio ending an Anime season with a cliffhanger. Not doing volume 4 is similar to stopping brutally in the middle of a volume, as I consider V3-4 to be a long story.

Anime seasons usually end with some elements that make you feel pumped for a second season. But it's nothing as inconclusive as cutting at Vol 3. If that happens, there should be some kind of original twist to have Kurumi and Shidou do some stuff so there won't be an abrupt end.

Otherwise, there's still the 12+3 episodes scenario. Similar to what happened with OreImo S1, Bakemonogatari and Kokoro Connect.
Exactly, even if the anime ends open it wouldn't the first time that happens.

Anime series like Asura Cryin ended with a big fat open end the first season, it was so brutal the final message that it left wanting more and second season was worth waiting since it even made the final better than the novels(who ironically got an awful open ending).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
I'm sure Volume 4 will be covered, at least partially. It would be quite silly to design a character (Spirit Kotori) just so it can be on the screen for whole 5 seconds and lead up to some cliffhanger.



And I really doubt the latter scenario with 12+3 episodes will happen.
Efreet does appears in the novel 3, obviously .

The merchadising and promotional stuff(I'm not talking about PVs) for the anime also included Yamai twins and even Miku, so that means the anime will cover novels 5 and 6 too, right?

Duh, don't forget this series is using an agressive publicity since the anime was announced, I've even saw some busses with Yamai twins printed over them.
__________________
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:42   Link #2134
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
can you make that image bigger so the character faces are more visible
Sure thing.

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Efreet does appears in the novel 3, obviously .

The merchadising and promotional stuff from the anime also included Yamai twins and even Miku, so that means the anime will cover novels 5 and 6 too, right?

Duh, don't forget this series is using an agressive publicity since the anime was announced, I've even saw some busses with Yamai twins printed over them.
I don't think you've read my post, though that's not too unexpected. Yes, she does appear in volume 3, for whole 5 seconds. My argument was that it would be silly to have a whole design for the said character if that character will only show up for that length of time and lead to some cliffhanger.

And the thing with Yamai twins and Miku is a completely different story, because the picture I posted is clearly that of anime designs, so I don't see why you're bringing up strawman in an attempt to make yourself credible in a losing argument.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:57   Link #2135
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
I don't think you've read my post, though that's not too unexpected. Yes, she does appear in volume 3, for whole 5 seconds. My argument was that it would be silly to have a whole design for the said character if that character will only show up for that length of time and lead to some cliffhanger.
Is that that new for you? Campione had Smith at the final episode, Horizon throwed a lot of new characters that were not supposed to appear yet they did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
And the thing with Yamai twins and Miku is a completely different story, because the picture I posted is clearly that of anime designs, so I don't see why you're bringing up strawman in an attempt to make yourself credible in a losing argument.
Are you serious?

Those aren't anime designs but Tsunako's designs ._______.

For example the first with Kotori:


Its even the same pose both have. That or the anime bonus illustrations just happen to have the same pose for Kotori's character.

That post on the anime website says that the DVD/BD includes as bonus Tsunako's illustrations.
__________________
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 16:02   Link #2136
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Is that that new for you? Campione had Smith at the final episode, Horizon throwed a lot of new characters that were not supposed to appear yet they did.
You mean the whole brief 3-second cuts they got at the second season's finale and how they weren't in any promotion art of the said anime's media and how it didn't involve a cliffhanger at all? Why are you constantly bringing up strawman argument to the table?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Are you serious?

Those aren't anime designs but Tsunako's designs ._______.

Its even the same pose both have.
I thought you would bring that up, so I was kind enough to find this for you.

http://date-a-live-anime.com/bldvd/

The text reads that the disc art designs were drawn by Satoshi Ishino, who is the character designer for the anime- So yes, it is the anime character design. The pose is similar, yes, but you'd have to be blind to not notice that they are different.

The only thing Tsunako drew there is the main cover art, which is also used as a background for the website.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 16:04   Link #2137
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
You mean the whole brief 3-second cuts they got at the second season's finale and how they weren't in any promotion art of the said anime's media and how it didn't involve a cliffhanger at all? Why are you constantly bringing up strawman argument to the table?

I thought you would bring that up, so I was kind enough to find this for you.

http://date-a-live-anime.com/bldvd/

The text reads that the disc art designs were drawn by Satoshi Ishino, who is the character designer for the anime- So yes, it is the anime character design. The pose is similar, yes, but you'd have to be blind to not notice that they are different.
You said it yourself, a cliffhanger.

Having them doesn't makes their participation more than just a tease for what it comes next.
__________________
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 16:15   Link #2138
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You said it yourself, a cliffhanger.

Having them doesn't makes their participation more than just a tease for what it comes next.
I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here because you're talking about something out of context.

The little character previews in Horizon were completely inconsequential because the plot wasn't leading up to a cliffhanger. This, on the other hand, is a character that directly follows what happens at the end of volume 3 and is a deciding factor of its conclusion, not a character that can just show up as a cameo- The reason for that is because it won't even make sense since she is actually an existing character. You can't really make a 'cameo' out of that without going to a cliffhanger, which is highly unlikely. They're two completely different things.

Also, I'm assuming you are conceding on the part about the anime character designs?
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 16:19   Link #2139
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
This strayed from my point which is if the series ends or not cramping volume 4, which would be a bad idea if they do just for the sake of giving a closure for the anime.

My point is that at this point of how the adaptation is going so far is that there will 4 episode per novel and that will make it end in a cliffhanger with the third volume.
__________________
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 16:21   Link #2140
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
This strayed from my point which is if the series ends or not cramping volume 4, which would be a bad idea if they do just for the sake of giving a closure for the anime.

My point is that at this point of how the adaptation is going so far is that there will 4 episode per novel and that will make it end in a cliffhanger with the third volume.
Where did the assumption about 4 episode per novel come from? Why are you assuming that the pacing will stay consistent? Also, what was up with your statement up there regarding "ending with 3 volumes as planned"? I think you're getting yourself confused with your own assumptions, to be honest.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.