AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-28, 16:39   Link #2521
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I'm going to to have to agree with Marly (tho perhaps not quite as vehemently) to please keep the character appreciation and things off the thread. We have social groups for that. I came for LN related discusssion and from what I've seen there's been very little of that going on :c
hm I think that's because the anime has taken over peoples minds and most of the LN talk is predictable
ImperialFlameGod8190 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 22:04   Link #2522
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I'm going to to have to agree with Marly (tho perhaps not quite as vehemently) to please keep the character appreciation and things off the thread. We have social groups for that. I came for LN related discusssion and from what I've seen there's been very little of that going on :c
Your talk is ill-timed, as a) there was no major outbreak of anything, and b) Marly himself has already called his previous post sarcasm.

Now then, we will not adhere to your request to keep our character appreciation off the thread entirely because we have a right to say what we want about a character in the title in question, and there certainly isn't, nor was there ever, any thread takeover that people like you are so paranoid about. It's a public forum, and as long as we stay talking about the topic with no hijacking going on, we will exercise our rights to go fanboy as we please.

Lastly, the topic has already been handled. Thus we call what you're doing, "beating the dead horse."

Best solution you can take: go by the time-honored method. If you don't like it, ignore it. Otherwise, stop making a fuss and trying to bother people into silence.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 22:24   Link #2523
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
I went to baka tsuki and noticed the next part was on blue text... still no updated XD.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 22:37   Link #2524
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
episode 5 is out subbed for those who care
ImperialFlameGod8190 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 22:41   Link #2525
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
The one thing an anime MC has never had to worry about when on a date with a black-hole-eater girl was to be stuffed full of food himself. (since she usually eats all the food)

.............................until now. Congratulations, Shidou.
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2013-04-28 at 23:00.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 23:12   Link #2526
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Christ, what are you getting so aggresive for? This is a LN thread. There is an anime thread for anime related talk. That's why it's there.

And stop trying to bother people into silence people who are trying to bother you into silence.

(...) /sarcasm
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 23:17   Link #2527
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Christ, what are you getting so aggresive for? This is a LN thread. There is an anime thread for anime related talk. That's why it's there.

And stop trying to bother people into silence people who are trying to bother you into silence.

(...) /sarcasm
I see the "/sarcasm" there, but to point out and avoid misunderstandings here, this thing hasn't been anything about talking about the anime in the LN thread. It's been about fans of characters talking about their fandom in the thread.

Though you yourself acknowledged on your post that this was about character appreciation and not anime talk in the novel thread, so was that the part that was sarcasm?
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 23:29   Link #2528
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Your talk is ill-timed, as a) there was no major outbreak of anything, and b) Marly himself has already called his previous post sarcasm.
That neither invalidates his point nor his post. I was being sarcastic the last post, but I already claimed I have stated my point already, which I'll re-establish here since you seemed to have forgotten already. (Which is no surprise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Now then, we will not adhere to your request to keep our character appreciation off the thread entirely because we have a right to say what we want about a character in the title in question, and there certainly isn't, nor was there ever, any thread takeover that people like you are so paranoid about. It's a public forum, and as long as we stay talking about the topic with no hijacking going on, we will exercise our rights to go fanboy as we please.
That's a terrible logic. Character appreciation can range from questionable creepy fetishism just simply based on its artwork to actual on-topic in-depth discussion about the character's role in the plot. Just because it's a public forum doesn't give you the right to go around posting how much you want to gently caress a certain character in any series discussion thread. It is against the TOS Rule 1.3, so I'm not playing a pretend cop either. Of course, you don't see those posts here because they get modded, and they do get modded for a reason. And if you're really implying that it's alright to do something questionable since it will be modded out of the thread anyways or because it's unmodded due to lack of surveillance from the mods, then that's all the more hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Lastly, the topic has already been handled. Thus we call what you're doing, "beating the dead horse." Best solution you can take: go by the time-honored method. If you don't like it, ignore it. Otherwise, stop making a fuss and trying to bother people into silence.
And if you don't like people's responses regarding your questionable "character appreciation" posts, ignore them. It works both ways. I really don't see what's so hard about keeping creepy fetishism to private posts and having a sliver of dignity in a public forum, to be honest.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 00:17   Link #2529
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
*sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
That neither invalidates his point nor his post. I was being sarcastic the last post, but I already claimed I have stated my point already, which I'll re-establish here since you seemed to have forgotten already. (Which is no surprise)
I haven't forgotten anything; you on the other hand seem to have a fondness for keeping a fuss alive.
And yes, there being no outbreak of anything does invalidate his point and post since he was talking against something that wasn't happening.

Quote:
That's a terrible logic. Character appreciation can range from questionable creepy fetishism just simply based on its artwork to actual on-topic in-depth discussion about the character's role in the plot. Just because it's a public forum doesn't give you the right to go around posting how much you want to gently caress a certain character in any series discussion thread. It is against the TOS Rule 1.3, so I'm not playing a pretend cop either. Of course, you don't see those posts here because they get modded, and they do get modded for a reason. And if you're really implying that it's alright to do something questionable since it will be modded out of the thread anyways or because it's unmodded due to lack of surveillance from the mods, then that's all the more hilarious.
Wow, talking the extremes much? The ones I wasn't even talking about myself?
Let's see............speaking about how you like fanservice scans and the more extreme sexual talk...........though connected (only in the way saying you like guns is connected with going out and shooting people with guns), they sound like different things. Because they are.
While I won't actively put them down, I will agree with you on the point that it's a bit too much on the innappropriate side for these forums. HOWEVER, that was one "incident," and I in no way spoke against you on that. (largely because you were just wailing on fanservice art specifically and fanservice in general) I do speak out against you putting down character appreciation and fanservice talk as a whole. People have every right to post the Megami scans, Nyantype scans, and all the other fanservice art here on these forums (which is specifically why they made the NSFW tags here) and talk about them. You in no way have any right to talk down on us for it. I don't support the sexual direction that those posts way back were taking, but otherwise we can say what we want. And yes I did see those posts for myself back a while ago in this thread.
But remember that you were attacking our fanservice talk as a whole right from the very beginning.

Quote:
And if you don't like people's responses regarding your questionable "character appreciation" posts, ignore them. It works both ways. I really don't see what's so hard about keeping creepy fetishism to private posts and having a sliver of dignity in a public forum, to be honest.
Except our character appreciation and fanserice posts are in no way a direct attack on you people like your posts putting us down and trying to quiet us are a direct attack against us. Big difference.
Sexual talk, yes keep to PMs, though it was not dominating that first discussion you spoke out against. Fanservice talk and what character we'd like to see in the next Megami scan are fair game. That is what you've been attacking, generally and specifically.

Now, as you have very adequately displayed, you are the cause of this debate and disturbance, so stop acting like a child and trying to force your anti-fanservice and anti-fanboy views on us. I won't bother responding to this immature attempt to control others any further.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 00:40   Link #2530
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
*sigh*I haven't forgotten anything; you on the other hand seem to have a fondness for keeping a fuss alive.
And yes, there being no outbreak of anything does invalidate his point and post since he was talking against something that wasn't happening.
Oh, no. I'm not the one who brought it up this time, though- I merely chipped in. No, it doesn't invalidate his point since the outbreaks do happen, but they get modded out of the threads- Which doesn't solve the problem, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow, talking the extremes much? The ones I wasn't even talking about myself?
Let's see............speaking about how you like fanservice scans and the more extreme sexual talk...........though connected (only in the way saying you like guns is connected with going out and shooting people with guns), they sound like different things.
While I won't actively put them down, I will agree with you on the point that it's a bit too much on the innappropriate side for these forums. HOWEVER, that was one "incident," and I in no way spoke against you on that. I do speak out against you putting down character appreciation and fanservice talk as a whole. People have every right to post the Megami scans, Nyantype scans, and all the other fanservice art here on these forums (which is specifically why they made the NSFW tags here) and talk about them. You in no way have any right to talk down on us for it. I don't support the sexual direction that those posts way back were taking, but otherwise we can say what we want. And yes I did see those posts for myself back a while ago in this thread.
But remember that you were attacking our fanservice talk as a whole right fro the very beginning.
I don't mind people sharing scans here, NSFW or not- As long as they're official, and tagged appropriately, I don't see a problem with it. Unfortunately, that's not the focus of my point, which seems to be fairly difficult for you to grasp for some reason. You claim you don't support the sexual direction that those posts 'way' back (IE only a week and a half ago before they got modded, which shows that you're just trying too hard to play the victim here) had, yet you were the one in the center of it. Don't try to put words into my mouth or be hypocritical, please. That's not very polite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Except our character appreciation and fanserice posts are in no way a direct attack on you people like your posts putting us down and trying to quiet us are a direct attack against [u]us[/i]. Big difference.
I personally consider it a direct attack on intelligence of people who regularly post in these threads that look for discussion, which is, as the official forum description says, 'for discussion.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Sexual talk, yes keep to PMs, though it was not dominating that first discussion you spoke out against. Fanservice talk and what character we'd like to see in the next Megami scan are fair game. That is what you've been attacking, generally and specifically.
You're not making much sense. How can I be general and specific? Also, you constantly claim that it wasn't dominating- But as I claimed in the last post, they get modded out, so you don't see them dominating- But that still doesn't make it alright to post something like that, which leads me to believe you do support it, and you're just pretending not to so that you can play the victim. Fanservice talk isn't fair game either- It's a questionable subject that leads to very questionable posts that get undoubtedly modded. I don't get your point here- Fanservice is sexual by nature, yet you claim you don't support sexual subjects? Sorry, but what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Now, as you have very adequately displayed, you are the cause of this debate and distrubance, so stop acting like a child and trying to force your anti-fanservice and anti-fanboy views on us. I won't bother respoonding to this waste of time any further.
I'm not forcing anything, unless you're admitting you're forcing yours. I think I'm being fairly reasonable here. I don't see what's so difficult about making a thread elsewhere and leave the thread meant for discussion for people who are actually willing to discuss about the series. That being said, though- "Character appreciation" is probably the most hilarious way to describe making questionable comments about a character design.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 00:46   Link #2531
leadeater
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
So I've been enjoying this series but I think there are somethings that I'm rather confused.

1. First of which is why Kurumi wants to eat Shidou, however doesn't bother trying to eat Mana. I would expect that because they are similar, they would both be tasty in her eyes.

2. Why did she never bother with killing Mana? It seems that Mana is the one who is causing her the most pain, considering what she does.

3. There are 4 spirits left to be revealed if I'm correct? And out of these spirits, we have Phantom, the first spirit who's whereabouts are unknown, the 2nd captured by DEM and a 4th unknown. Does the game's spirit count as one in this count?

Other than that, I'm enjoying this series because I feel that there's a semblance of direction, which I enjoy immensely.
leadeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 00:48   Link #2532
Log
#YOLOSWAG
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: a icy hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
So I've been enjoying this series but I think there are somethings that I'm rather confused.

1. First of which is why Kurumi wants to eat Shidou, however doesn't bother trying to eat Mana. I would expect that because they are similar, they would both be tasty in her eyes.

2. Why did she never bother with killing Mana? It seems that Mana is the one who is causing her the most pain, considering what she does.

3. There are 4 spirits left to be revealed if I'm correct? And out of these spirits, we have Phantom, the first spirit who's whereabouts are unknown, the 2nd captured by DEM and a 4th unknown. Does the game's spirit count as one in this count?

Other than that, I'm enjoying this series because I feel that there's a semblance of direction, which I enjoy immensely.

1. Shidou has the whole absorption shtick. Kurumi wants that.

2. If by pain you mean "lol I'll just come back and troll the shit out of you" then sure. She doesn't take Mana seriously at all.

3. Likely not. Unless the author says so.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 00:52   Link #2533
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
So I've been enjoying this series but I think there are somethings that I'm rather confused.

1. First of which is why Kurumi wants to eat Shidou, however doesn't bother trying to eat Mana. I would expect that because they are similar, they would both be tasty in her eyes.
She's after Shidou's power to achieve her goal (IE using her 12th bullet of her Angel, Yod Bet, to travel back in time to kill the first spirit)- Which she can apparently acquire from 'eating' him, which I'd assume just means dragging him inside her shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
2. Why did she never bother with killing Mana? It seems that Mana is the one who is causing her the most pain, considering what she does.
The implication is that either she was simply toying around, or the ones Mana killed were just clones incapable of using Kurumi's Angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
3. There are 4 spirits left to be revealed if I'm correct? And out of these spirits, we have Phantom, the first spirit who's whereabouts are unknown, the 2nd captured by DEM and a 4th unknown. Does the game's spirit count as one in this count?

Other than that, I'm enjoying this series because I feel that there's a semblance of direction, which I enjoy immensely.
I'd assume the game's spirit would count, considering her name does fit in the whole 'number name' category thing the author has been pulling off, and the name "Rinne" corresponds with the number six, which is still vacant. And moreso the fact the trailer seems to suggest that the game's plot will take place in some sort of dream world or something. (speculation)
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 01:03   Link #2534
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
1. First of which is why Kurumi wants to eat Shidou, however doesn't bother trying to eat Mana. I would expect that because they are similar, they would both be tasty in her eyes.
What has been said. Mana shows no signs of having the same sealing power as Shidou. Kurumi wants to eat Shidou so she can take in the spirit powers he's absorbed.

Quote:
2. Why did she never bother with killing Mana? It seems that Mana is the one who is causing her the most pain, considering what she does.
Again, what the others said. Kurumi has made it clear that she can't be killed, at least not in the way that Mana is trying. And, y'know, Kurumi is a bit crazy seeing as how she's almost getting off on being "killed" by her.
But considering that she shows some signs of being an anti-hero/dark hero instead of an all-out villain (the conversation she had at the end of volume 4, her not taking advantage of the chaos of volume 7 to eat Shidou after they'd beaten Dark Touka, and the fact that she seemed honestly happy in a way that she received praise from Shidou), there's more than likely some way she can die. It would be a bit too broken if Shidou had an ally who can't lose.
Of course, you can still say the same thing if she was the final boss of the whole series too.

Quote:
Does the game's spirit count as one in this count?
I doubt it, since it's highly likey that the game is an alternate world/telling from the novels due to the absence of certain significant novel characters and the inclusion of a game-original character. It seems like the game is supposed to be it's own story, rather then be something continual with the novels.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 01:10   Link #2535
leadeater
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
She's after Shidou's power to achieve her goal (IE using her 12th bullet of her Angel, Yod Bet, to travel back in time to kill the first spirit)- Which she can apparently acquire from 'eating' him, which I'd assume just means dragging him inside her shadow.



The implication is that either she was simply toying around, or the ones Mana killed were just clones incapable of using Kurumi's Angel.



I'd assume the game's spirit would count, considering her name does fit in the whole 'number name' category thing the author has been pulling off, and the name "Rinne" corresponds with the number six, which is still vacant. And moreso the fact the trailer seems to suggest that the game's plot will take place in some sort of dream world or something. (speculation)
I understand the first point on why she wants to eat Shidou and even Origami, but I'm a bit confused on why she doesn't bother with Mana. It seemed like she'd rather just kill Mana or leave her alive than bother with eating her.

And I get that she's playing around, however I find it strange how she never bothered dealing with Mana, considering she remembers all the ways Mana killed her. Even if they are clones, they are still her in a sense. I'd think there'd be a bit of animosity, unless for her it's a twisted kind of friendship.

And Rinne corresponds to 6? Could you explain the kanji to me. And actually I was just looking up the chart of archangels, and aren't the twins the wrong archangel? I thought Hod corresponded to Micheal while Raphael is 6.
leadeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 01:22   Link #2536
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
I understand the first point on why she wants to eat Shidou and even Origami, but I'm a bit confused on why she doesn't bother with Mana. It seemed like she'd rather just kill Mana or leave her alive than bother with eating her.

And I get that she's playing around, however I find it strange how she never bothered dealing with Mana, considering she remembers all the ways Mana killed her. Even if they are clones, they are still her in a sense. I'd think there'd be a bit of animosity, unless for her it's a twisted kind of friendship.
Well basically it seems like Kurumi gets off on Mana killing her over and over. Kurumi is an awesome character, but she's not entirely balanced. Maybe because she can't die or whatever, she has some twisted satisfaction out of seeing Mana kill her "selves."

Quote:
And Rinne corresponds to 6? Could you explain the kanji to me. And actually I was just looking up the chart of archangels, and aren't the twins the wrong archangel? I thought Hod corresponded to Micheal while Raphael is 6.
That part goes right over my head.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 01:36   Link #2537
Marly
>AS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
I understand the first point on why she wants to eat Shidou and even Origami, but I'm a bit confused on why she doesn't bother with Mana. It seemed like she'd rather just kill Mana or leave her alive than bother with eating her.

And I get that she's playing around, however I find it strange how she never bothered dealing with Mana, considering she remembers all the ways Mana killed her. Even if they are clones, they are still her in a sense. I'd think there'd be a bit of animosity, unless for her it's a twisted kind of friendship.
Personally, I feel like she just pretends to lose/die so that she doesn't end up confronting stronger anti-spirit forces after she gets rid of Mana, which would eventually force Kurumi to use her Angel, which in turn, uses up her time, which she prefers not to do. I don't think a specific explanation is provided regarding her behavior, but that seems to be the most plausible one I can come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
And Rinne corresponds to 6? Could you explain the kanji to me. And actually I was just looking up the chart of archangels, and aren't the twins the wrong archangel? I thought Hod corresponded to Micheal while Raphael is 6.
I'm no expert on Kanjis, but every spirit's name has a character in their name that corresponds to one of the numbers from one to ten. Apparently the character "凜祢" (Rinne) is somehow supposed to correspond with the number six, though supposedly done in a different Kanji style from the rest of the spirits- Either that, or I'm just talking nonsense- I'm just claiming this based on from what I've read from a different forum. If someone can actually elaborate on this, that would be neat. Regarding the canon nature of the game though, if the game took place in a dream/fantasy world created by the mystery spirit as it's widely believed, it really wouldn't affect the series' canon as a whole since every ending could be considered as a part of it.

And yes, it does seem odd, though I guess technically the twins were originally a single spirit, so maybe that has something to do with it? Or maybe author just dun goof'd.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 02:12   Link #2538
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
On the subject as to why Kurumi doesn't bother to just kill Mana, isn't possible that Kurumi somehow knows that Mana time on earth is limited ? According to volume 3, due to realizer units developed by DEM, Mana's life span has been greatly shorten to the point that she will only live about 10 more years.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 02:14   Link #2539
holybell84
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Singapore
I wonder how many clones she can summon though, as technically they are all "past" her and how did she stay at the top, assuming it is "she" who is on top; this is kinda giving the DC's Infinite Earth vibes.
__________________
Standing Strong
holybell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 02:14   Link #2540
leadeater
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
On the subject as to why Kurumi doesn't bother to just kill Mana, isn't possible that Kurumi somehow knows that Mana time on earth is limited ? According to volume 3, due to realizer units developed by DEM, Mana's life span has been greatly shorten to the point that she will only about 10 more years.
10 years of getting killed constantly doesn't sound like fun. And somehow I get the feeling that something will fix Mana eventually. She is rather relevant to the plot in a way. Actually, now that I think of it, is Takamiya Shidou's real family name or is that another fake out?
leadeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.