AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-21, 06:16   Link #2881
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
the weird part is volume 3 and 4 seem like they should be 1 volume because of the way the chapters are noticed. same way as 6 and 7 look like they should be. it will be very interesting either way.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 06:17   Link #2882
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
yep the funniest part is this shidou originally would've had to get the two of them to kiss him at the same time since the bet they made would be complicated. And the best part he;s ready to seal their powers but needs to get away from tohka and when they steal him they both kiss him anyway and then tohka comes around and cue awkward moment. The sad fact is as pure almost as the yoshino arc is the yamai twins will be incredibly high on the fanservice haha
They have no problems with their Astral Dresses (if they could even be called dresses in the first place), and are so forward with him, and yet they go all embarrassed when they become naked lol. This line never fails to crack me up:
Quote:
“Shedding tears. Yuzuru can’t become a bride anymore”
The more pressing concern is to be able to live a normal life first...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
IMO "if" a season 2 for Date A Live does became a realization they should just use volume 5-7. I believe the reason they had to make the current anime adaptation go up to volume 4 is due the huge cliffhanger at the end of volume 3. Using only 3 volume would probably fix the pacing problem so many people have with the current anime.
Considering that DAL was 17th in volumes of LNs sold last year, and was popular enough to warrant an anime after only 2 volumes of the LN were released, it should be popular enough to have a second season. But you never know what they might be thinking. And even if there's a second season there's no guarantee that the pacing problem would be fixed.

So all we can do is to cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
the weird part is volume 3 and 4 seem like they should be 1 volume because of the way the chapters are noticed. same way as 6 and 7 look like they should be. it will be very interesting either way.
Not really, it's done to signify one arc that's too big to fit into one volume so we need to split it into 2 volumes. If it's as you say, then going by chapter numbering alone, the entire Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu LN series should be in one big volume. I find that idea ludicrous at best.

The Kurumi and Kotori (sub-)arcs are combined into one big arc, and each (sub-)arc fills up 1 volume, hence 2 volumes. The Miku arc is long so it needed to be split into 2 volumes. Notice the lack of epilogues for volumes 3 and 6, and the lack of prologues for volumes 4 and 7.

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-05-21 at 20:45.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 09:56   Link #2883
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
IMO "if" a season 2 for Date A Live does became a realization they should just use volume 5-7. I believe the reason they had to make the current anime adaptation go up to volume 4 is due the huge cliffhanger at the end of volume 3. Using only 3 volume would probably fix the pacing problem so many people have with the current anime.
Because of the pacing they really didn't need to create an anime original episode. It would have been better if they did that at the final episode.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 14:01   Link #2884
endarion88
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gensokio
Age: 26
Can someone remaind me of the yamai twins which one is kaguya and wich one is yuzuru? i forgot it. If you dont know hot to tell you can just use the breast size to tell them apart XD
__________________

if you love jrpg support progect phoenix! http://projectphoenix.info/
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 14:16   Link #2885
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Yuzuru is the one with the bigger chest, usually emotionless (face), and talks like a robot (ex. Assassin Droid in Star Wars KoToR)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 16:03   Link #2886
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
Can someone remaind me of the yamai twins which one is kaguya and wich one is yuzuru? i forgot it. If you dont know hot to tell you can just use the breast size to tell them apart XD
Spoiler:

yuzuru on the left,kaguya on the right usually its in their hairstyle too
__________________
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 20:36   Link #2887
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Because of the pacing they really didn't need to create an anime original episode. It would have been better if they did that at the final episode.
Methinks the anime original episode was to let us rest from the main plot a bit before the Kurumi arc, because things get really bad there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Yuzuru is the one with the bigger chest, usually emotionless (face), and talks like a robot (ex. Assassin Droid in Star Wars KoToR)
Yuzuru has bigger boobs than Kaguya? No really, I never noticed, I thought they were the same size.

And Yuzuru isn't that emotionless:
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
Spoiler:

yuzuru on the left,kaguya on the right usually its in their hairstyle too
Yeah, Yuzuru has the long pigtail. Kaguya doesn't.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 21:36   Link #2888
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
doesn't matter which is which all that matters is if they get animated which im hoping they do plus im really looking forward to the swimsuit battle soon.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 22:10   Link #2889
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
In that case, is it too much for me to say that she is almost brain dead? Because as of volume 5, she still doesn't seem to have figured it out. I don't think she managed to figure it out by volume 7 either.
It's unclear if she doesn't know that kissing seals powers the only direct statement that hints at this is Shidou's belief that she wasn't told after she made him both promise to save the other Spirits and not to kiss other girls but the author has shown that these pov narrations are not always reliable such as in volume 5 when Shidou and the gang come across a badly damaged Banisnatch near the hotel and dismiss it as having been blown there, where as we the readers know that there was one there that attacked Origami and Reine. Now how it got so damaged when Reine said it just stopped working is anyone's guess. In volume 5 Tohka is not reacting to them kissing as she seemed to have missed that part but the twins freak out while saying things like “Shedding tears. Yuzuru can’t become a bride anymore” and Shidou stripped them. This
Quote:
“More importantly------ly. Shidou, hurry up and seal our powers”

“Agree. Although there is still time but, the faster the better”

“Eh, no, that’s”

After Shidou looked towards Tohka direction, his words turned unclear. Tohka, looked back at him unhappily.

“Si,since I have to make plenty of preparations. So we’ll do it quickly tomorrow’s morning, please wait a little longer”

As expected, he can’t do it in front of Tohka. Shidou made a random excuse.
even hints she does know what he has to do to seal their powers as she isn't too happy about Shidou doing so
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 23:37   Link #2890
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
It's unclear if she doesn't know that kissing seals powers the only direct statement that hints at this is Shidou's belief that she wasn't told after she made him both promise to save the other Spirits and not to kiss other girls but the author has shown that these pov narrations are not always reliable such as in volume 5 when Shidou and the gang come across a badly damaged Banisnatch near the hotel and dismiss it as having been blown there, where as we the readers know that there was one there that attacked Origami and Reine. Now how it got so damaged when Reine said it just stopped working is anyone's guess. In volume 5 Tohka is not reacting to them kissing as she seemed to have missed that part but the twins freak out while saying things like “Shedding tears. Yuzuru can’t become a bride anymore” and Shidou stripped them. This
even hints she does know what he has to do to seal their powers as she isn't too happy about Shidou doing so
Lol unreliable narration.

I read that part again, and you might be right. Maybe I was wrong about what she doesn't know. In fact she may even have known it from the time he sealed her powers, just that she doesn't want to accept it. However I'm sure that there's something about sealing a Spirit's powers that she doesn't know. That it strips them, maybe? Though the reason why she was unhappy at that point could still be because she'll have to deal with more love rivals in future lol (once he seals their powers they'll be competing for his love on equal ground), which would mean I'm right.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 23:25   Link #2891
Yye1
Member of Little Busters
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Just noticed, by in her spirit form, does kotori's bust grow?
__________________
Don’t you open your mouth about the best. Or I’m ma shut it for you real quick.
- Richard Sherman

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 02:04   Link #2892
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Just noticed, by in her spirit form, does kotori's bust grow?
LOL i dont think thats the case..though wonder if in the near future a spirit does change form XD like from HDN series neptune and pururut does
__________________

Last edited by cloud04; 2013-05-23 at 02:34.
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 11:41   Link #2893
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Can anyone upload the illustrations of DAL Encore to Baka Tsuki?
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 12:41   Link #2894
Algester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
hmm I think I can since the book is available legally online... err... though I think I may need JPY for it hahahaha some of the books are already in the itunes store the others you need the publisher's app book walker also available on android but I dont know how you can buy the books with that
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 13:04   Link #2895
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
I don't know how to do it since I need special rights on BT. Thats why I'm asking someone else.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 13:05   Link #2896
Algester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
well I can probably upload it to uhh the translators I think they have the rights plus I need to wait for the digital site I frequent to to have a stock of 500 JPY itunes else I can't load up my account to buy the book... 130 yen in my itunes account... encore is like 600 yen
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 14:37   Link #2897
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
btw i just remembered..what does tohka power hold?i mean like yoshino=ice/water kurumi=time
kotori=flames yamai=wind miku=voice..
from the looks of the anime kinda looks like void?
__________________
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 15:05   Link #2898
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
btw i just remembered..what does tohka power hold?i mean like yoshino=ice/water kurumi=time
kotori=flames yamai=wind miku=voice..
from the looks of the anime kinda looks like void?
In all honesty, Tohka's power/angel reminds me of Ichigo's Zangetsu. I don't know why but I just get that feeling/thought.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 19:29   Link #2899
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
btw i just remembered..what does tohka power hold?i mean like yoshino=ice/water kurumi=time
kotori=flames yamai=wind miku=voice..
from the looks of the anime kinda looks like void?
Metal? Her angel is the throne she pulls her sword from, that its ultimate form ataches to her blade as well as the "surf board" Shidou uses in vol 2. All of these seem to have a blade theme.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 00:46   Link #2900
Anonymous9724
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Who is phantom
Anonymous9724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.