AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-07, 06:10   Link #3701
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
Kurumi has the desuwa-type in her speech. Miku's one is more to politeness.
Exactly. The "desuwa" type is the "ojou-sama type of speech." Miku's form of speech is just the plain formal type that any person uses when speaking to an elder or such.
Old 2013-08-07, 06:26   Link #3702
sapper
harem dimension god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Though being an ojou-sama isn't all necessary to be a polite one. You do know that some ojous are being rude and condescending/arrogant, and some being less formal sometimes.

PS: Hell, even an abusive ones do exist too.
Uh idk what your view of an ojou-sama is but I'm ahreeing with riki although you're not in the wrong either I have read some harem and romcoms which the ojou sama can be a tsundere
Old 2013-08-07, 08:59   Link #3703
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
well miku is a combo of both. She's annoying in her attitude which is understandable given her situation but annoying. She treats him like crap until she realizes that he's gonna help out anybody easily so that annoying side becomes innocent. Granted I really hope miku doesn't come to Shidou's school cause she may be worse then origami stalker wise
Miku is better than Origami, cause sometimes Origami goes overboard to the point she doesn't consider what Shido feels, unlike Miku who understood Shido, knows that she should just be herself and not overdo it, which Shido fell really hard for (He admits he doesnt have a thing for artists but he fell for her)... I mean FOR THE FIRST TIME IN DATE A LIVE Shido willingfully kissed her even if her powers are already sealed and topping that with an embrace (sadly the said embrace was broken by a timely entrance of Miku's schoolmates... WHILE MIKU IS NAKED NO LESS... the student just went: "RAAAAAPE!!! SOMEONE HEEEELP!!!")
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 09:08   Link #3704
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Miku is better than Origami, cause sometimes Origami goes overboard to the point she doesn't consider what Shido feels, unlike Miku who understood Shido, knows that she should just be herself and not overdo it, which Shido fell really hard for (He admits he doesnt have a thing for artists but he fell for her)... I mean FOR THE FIRST TIME IN DATE A LIVE Shido willingfully kissed her even if her powers are already sealed and topping that with an embrace (sadly the said embrace was broken by a timely entrance of Miku's schoolmates... WHILE MIKU IS NAKED NO LESS... the student just went: "RAAAAAPE!!! SOMEONE HEEEELP!!!")
....wait. where did you read the Shidou kissed miku after her powers was sealed part?
Old 2013-08-07, 09:32   Link #3705
holybell84

Quote:
....wait. where did you read the Shidou kissed miku after her powers was sealed part?
If BT, should be the first version with the typo lol
Old 2013-08-07, 09:35   Link #3706
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
If BT, should be the first version with the typo lol
i already fixed that. (T.T) dang, people sure read fast
Old 2013-08-07, 10:04   Link #3707
holybell84

Quote:
Let's see if anybody read this ^. Got a feeling some of us have to repeat the same message again lol
Old 2013-08-07, 11:03   Link #3708
Xero8420

Quote:
Oh noes. It would easily mislead the people about the 'kissing even after the power sealed' part.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:07   Link #3709
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Oh noes. It would easily mislead the people about the 'kissing even after the power sealed' part.
apparently, it was too late.
Old 2013-08-07, 16:36   Link #3710
Phantom

Anybody know why every time Tohka calls out to Shido, the 'S' in Shido is never capitalized? I mean, it's nothing big but just wondering... Is there a difference between how other characters refer to Shido to how Tohka refers to Shido?
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 16:59   Link #3711
nfsac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jung View Post
Anybody know why every time Tohka calls out to Shido, the 'S' in Shido is never capitalized? I mean, it's nothing big but just wondering... Is there a difference between how other characters refer to Shido to how Tohka refers to Shido?
Please read this on Baka-Tsuki: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ogy_Guidelines
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 05:55   Link #3712
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... So for the hell of it, and also to... 'bump' the thread just so we can have a little bit of discussion while waiting for next month (seriously, it cannot come fast enough), I trodded over some 2ch archives discussing the reveal of Natsumi as the Spirit for the next volume...

Carbonara Sauce On Body Spillage: http://blog.livedoor.jp/wannabenews/.../30253932.html

I'll be very selective because I still can't understand some things... probably joke that requires context on my side to be enlightened by those who know better than I do. And I'm probably going to highlight the interesting comments in my opinion...

Spoiler for T/L::

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2013-08-09 at 13:29. Reason: Added corrections, take note
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 06:08   Link #3713
cloud04
Scanlator

the #253 and #291 lol
Old 2013-08-09, 07:00   Link #3714
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post

Spoiler for T/L::
did they refer Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia
Old 2013-08-09, 07:14   Link #3715
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
did they refer Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia
Yes. Though I'm not sure what specific character are they referring to.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

Old 2013-08-09, 07:28   Link #3716
kagato3

Quote:
Yes. Though I'm not sure what specific character are they referring to.
Likely the MC of it or her godess form. Though Vert works as well
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 07:31   Link #3717
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Likely the MC of it or her godess form. Though Vent works as well
Since they're discussing the character design, I suppose they'd be talking about her (Neptune's) Goddess form.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2013-08-09 at 08:57.
Old 2013-08-09, 12:26   Link #3718
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Since they're discussing the character design, I suppose they'd be talking about her (Neptune's) Goddess form.
That's very amusing to read. Still over a month away though.....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 23:02   Link #3719
iamadooddood
NOM.

Well this reply is long overdue (2+ months), but well, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
The original was aware of the situation back when the clone was killed, shown by her expressing "surprise" at Shidou not being absent the next day- So she is clearly already aware of his nice personality by that point. Shidou telling her that he would save her later doesn't really mean that Kurumi thinks he's any nicer. She was more surprised by his choice of actions than his characteristics as a person.
She knows he's nice to her and all; she didn't think he'd be nice enough to save her as well. In other words, she underestimated his nice level.

Quote:
And the citation? Don't claim something without a proof to go with it.
The first chapter of volume 7 has her bring it up: she was suggesting (in jest) to kill Miku's followers to make saving Tohka easier, which Shido objects. Then she says she's kidding because she knows Shido will never allow that kind of thing to happen, especially considering Shido is trying to save even her.

Quote:
No, it really doesn't. It's something one would say for the sake of optimism as a joke, not as a genuine comment that they really think they got an exercise out of it because that's just dumb.
Then they would not bring it up in the first place if it was that unimportant (and completely out of left field to boot). If they brought it up at all means that it would have to be a genuine comment. In short, there are either 2 choices: either bring it up as a genuine comment, or not bring it up at all.

Quote:
You're the one missing the main focus. You said it yourself with your own words that there is no reason to be sarcastic to oneself. I'm now telling you she wasn't being sarcastic to herself at all because these clones have different personalities/mind to warrant Kurumi saying that in that situation.
Sure their minds were different, but that's usually the case for clones. Sure the personalities had differences, but I'd think that the personalities were similar enough for her to count it as talking to herself.

Now that this is done and dusted (finally!)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Phantom is the one who turned Kotori and Miku into Spirits and sealed Shido's memories from 5 year ago.
Sometime in the next 3 to 4 months.
Um, no. I'd place Miku's turning into a Spirit around 6 months to 1 year before her first appearance. If her career started at age 15, she'd be 16 when she got hit by that scandal 1 year later, then Phantom approached her. I'd estimate her to be around Shido's age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm902541 View Post
Who knows translator Tohka sword of darkness at the end of vol 7?
It is inscribed "【終焉 の 剣 (ペイ ヴァー シュ ヘ レヴ)】"

Tks
This site calls her Nehemah's (name taken from vol 7 cover) finishing move Sword of the End: Payvachehelev. Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I wonder why Kotori is not naked? when she transform most of her clothes got turn to ash.
In the novels, her Astral Dress did disappear, so it's most likely an error on the anime's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
First disc of the anime sold about 9,400 copies BD+DVD!!!
The awesomeness of the anime is now officially over 9000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Stop seriously with the whole date a live 16.5 thing dude it aint funny its old.
Some memes never die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17579.html

So, whats the big deal for not being 2 cour anime? I thought it was obvious.
Which reminds me. If season 1 had been 2 cour and still only adapted 4 volumes, while it'd have solved the pacing and butchering of scenes problems, would the anime still have gotten a second season? Food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
And this is a valid reason why?

As quoted from a poster on the BT forum:
Quote:
It's an acceptable loss in translation.
s totally breaks naming rules.
Someone needs to change the guidelines.

WRT Shido's ability to use the powers of the Spirits he's sealed: other than Kotori's healing ability, the only abilities he has been able to use involve the Spirits' Angels (eg. he hasn't been able to make a force field barrier-like thing like Tohka can, and did in her first appearance). As to the Spirits taking back their powers fully, I can think of 2 possibilities:
1: All Spirits can take back their power fully, but there are certain conditions to fulfill.
2: Only human turned Spirits (like Kotori) can fully take back their powers.

WRT volume 9: where's the source that says that volume 9 will focus on Origami? I can't find it anywhere. @_@

But if it does, then it'll expand on Origami's backstory, and explain her personality in full, such as why she's so in love with Shido. I do think that Phantom will turn her into a Spirit. And that she's not one yet.

WRT Shido's attitude towards Origami as compared to the Spirits: simple, she's not a Spirit (yet, anyway), so Shido doesn't need to give her any special treatment or anything. As to the special treatment he gives the Spirits, he only gives as much as they need. Tohka needs the most because she'll go unstable whenever he's not around, Yoshino is more of a loner type anyway (she really only needs Yoshinon), Kotori only needs her black ribbons (), the Yamai twins only need each other, and Miku only needs her voice and people to appreciate her singing (only when all else fails for her then she needs him).

WRT doujinshi: Be it doujin, fanfic or SS, I'm completely torn between wanting to see Miku and Kurumi work together to make him crossdress (because it'd be epic), and not wanting to see it at all (because of my natural aversion towards traps). Actually, does Miku even need or want his Shiori persona anymore?

WRT Kurumi's situational drama CD: There you go, tsundere Kurumi. Then again, she had a yandere ending in the VN... whee. So she's not merely yangire lol.

WRT volume 7's epilogue: I was the one who translated it, and thanks for reading it and commenting on it. However, I translated from online Chinese translations, which did state that Shido kissed Miku after he sealed her powers, and not the original Japanese text. In fact the Chinese translators even commented on whether Shido could still face Tohka after doing that, implying that they were confident about their translation being right, even considering the numerous errors you can find in their translations (evidently they never proofread well). Also, none of the comments (in Chinese) I've seen pointed out any errors (some people even started saying that Miku is the main girl and not Tohka, that if that Rindouji girl had not come in the scene would have become 18+, etc; though no 16.5 reference so far), so I just went ahead with it. Can't blame them too; even if he didn't actually kiss her he still tried to, of his own accord. So in case anyone comments on Shido kissing Miku after he sealed her powers, they could have been reading the online Chinese translations. Never mind, when the official Chinese translations (which are at vol 6 now) come out, we'll know who's right.

And the line in question is:
士道吻着美九,为了回抱美九而张开手。(←你对得起十香么)

And now some original stuff:

About the white pupil someone with/using Spirit powers will have (Shido gets it in volume 5 and 7), and why Kurumi doesn't have it. If I'm not wrong only the original Kurumi will have it on all the time (at least in the anime). Her clones will not have it unless she's/they're using Spirit powers. A bit of foreshadowing, hmm?

If volume 9 really will be about Origami, then... I predict that in volume 8 Natsumi will take Origami's place, and the real Origami will hence end up in utter desperation. Even if I turn out to be wrong, she will at least learn what Shido has been doing (sealing Spirits by kissing them), which alone will be enough to warrant Phantom going to her and turning her into a Spirit. Somehow. And even if she's still in love with him, she can't bring herself to trust him anymore. Cue epic obstacle for Shido to overcome to get to seal her powers.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 23:11   Link #3720
Riki
ランダム王

Spoiler for LONG!:

TOO LONG!. and now that i think about it, where is the source stating Vol9 is Origami chapter. If not, then im giving up translating vol 9 (=.=)

And let me get this straight so i dont say this anymore: Shidou didnt even try to kiss miku, not an ounce of muscle was used. She did it on her own. The end.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen