AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-12, 10:53   Link #3741
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing any revelations and surprises in the next two volumes. If Origami turns out to be a "spirit", she will not be of the ten spirits but a complete different being. I once thought if there was a spirit without an angel and one that can use her power without one. What if Origami has a power, but it was sealed because of the dangers it may cause (even worse the Spirits). Her power would different from the other spirits. Maybe there was a reason why her parents died. Anyway, I'm definitely sure that she will get more questions than answers. Also, I think the spirit who killed her parents was the first spirit.
Why not? She has the kanji for 1 in her name. Unless a big plot twist occurs, all evidence so far points to her representing the first Sephira, and having the Angel Metatron. And whoever said that the Spirit representing the first Sephira = First Spirit? Certainly not the author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Things is, Spirits usually appear on the surface of Earth through the space quake. But Kurumi, on the other hand, she appeared not from space quake. So as Kotori, and Miku too.

Speaking of the 12th Bullet, maybe Kurumi personally don't wanna demonstrate it to Phantom for a reason. Cause she might have known the side-effect of it, and she don't wanna risk herself to waste it for a gamble as she may considered the 12th Bullet as her 'one-way-trip' ability.
Kurumi didn't become 'lost' after Shido protected her from Kotori in volume 4? And no implication of her not appearing from a spacequake either.

You misunderstood, she was surprised that Phantom knew of her ability at all, even without her showing it or even mentioning it. Her surprised reaction would have been impossible if it had been the one that granted her Spirit powers.
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 11:14   Link #3742
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
You misunderstood, she was surprised that Phantom knew of her ability at all, even without her showing it or even mentioning it. Her surprised reaction would have been impossible if it had been the one that granted her Spirit powers.
Well that's not true necessarily. Phantom could give spirit powers but not be specific on what each person is given. Maybe perhaps Phantom gives powers to the people that are based on what their true desires are almost as though he manifests their desires in spiritual power.
Shidou gets the power to protect his sister which is how he got the spirit draining power.
Miku got the power to have her voice control people because she lost her voice and just wanted to have people here her song.
Kurumi no clue.
If we assume Kotori got her powers from phantom perhaps her desires was a "burning love" for her brother shidou it just manifested in flames
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 21:14   Link #3743
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 22
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Well that's not true necessarily. Phantom could give spirit powers but not be specific on what each person is given. Maybe perhaps Phantom gives powers to the people that are based on what their true desires are almost as though he manifests their desires in spiritual power.
Shidou gets the power to protect his sister which is how he got the spirit draining power.
Miku got the power to have her voice control people because she lost her voice and just wanted to have people here her song.
Kurumi no clue.
If we assume Kotori got her powers from phantom perhaps her desires was a "burning love" for her brother shidou it just manifested in flames
So Phantom goes to Kotori and Miku because they were in despair. It's more than likely that it knew the cause of their despair and what they wanted (Kotori wanted to be strong so her onii-chan would love her, Miku wanted to sing), and by extension what kind of power would suit what they wanted the most. For instance, it couldn't have given Kotori sound-based powers and Miku fire-based powers + healing ability, could it? At the very least, it must have knowledge of what each Spirit's power is. And Phantom knowing what Kurumi's 12th Bullet does already disproves your point.

Besides, Kurumi has met with Phantom more than once, unlike Kotori and Miku. It is therefore only logical that the nature of Phantom's relationship with Kurumi must be inherently different from those with Kotori and Miku. Kurumi's initial skepticism about what Phantom said about Shido also makes it highly unlikely that Phantom gave her Spirit powers. In addition, Phantom appearing before Kurumi telling her about Shido was their first encounter (that is, if the Chinese translations aren't wrong again ). If Kurumi was a human turned Spirit there would have to be another way for her to turn into a Spirit? Not another deus ex machina please.
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 22:25   Link #3744
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
So Phantom goes to Kotori and Miku because they were in despair. It's more than likely that it knew the cause of their despair and what they wanted (Kotori wanted to be strong so her onii-chan would love her, Miku wanted to sing), and by extension what kind of power would suit what they wanted the most. For instance, it couldn't have given Kotori sound-based powers and Miku fire-based powers + healing ability, could it? At the very least, it must have knowledge of what each Spirit's power is. And Phantom knowing what Kurumi's 12th Bullet does already disproves your point.

Besides, Kurumi has met with Phantom more than once, unlike Kotori and Miku. It is therefore only logical that the nature of Phantom's relationship with Kurumi must be inherently different from those with Kotori and Miku. Kurumi's initial skepticism about what Phantom said about Shido also makes it highly unlikely that Phantom gave her Spirit powers. In addition, Phantom appearing before Kurumi telling her about Shido was their first encounter (that is, if the Chinese translations aren't wrong again ). If Kurumi was a human turned Spirit there would have to be another way for her to turn into a Spirit? Not another deus ex machina please.
u realize that besides kurumi u basically proved my point anyway. whatever it doesn't really matter how they got the powers IMO im just curious who/what phantom is and I still think its possible that the new spirit is phantom
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 00:14   Link #3745
Algester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Yes. Though I'm not sure what specific character are they referring to.
they were refering to the resident fujoshi onee-san from Neptune Vert AKA 360 or Xbox-tan
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 00:49   Link #3746
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
u realize that besides kurumi u basically proved my point anyway. whatever it doesn't really matter how they got the powers IMO im just curious who/what phantom is and I still think its possible that the new spirit is phantom
In the first place my whole point was that Kurumi wasn't a human turned Spirit. And unless new evidence says otherwise I'm inclined to believe so.

The new Spirit turning out to be Phantom would kill off all suspense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
they were refering to the resident fujoshi onee-san from Neptune Vert AKA 360 or Xbox-tan
Another green haired girl lol.

"Screw the rules, I have green hair!" ← What I'm reminded of every time a character with green hair is mentioned.
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:08   Link #3747
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
btw did it say anything about the new spirit actively seeking shido?
__________________
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:14   Link #3748
Riki
ランダム王
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
btw did it say anything about the new spirit actively seeking shido?
nope. it appears whenever it wants. i think the phantom was a character included half way into the series around vol3. makes it easier to explain Kotori's case but obviously makes Tohka/Yoshino/Kurumi's origin hard to handle
__________________
Life is a blank sheet of paper. Each of your movements and actions will determine whether or not it becomes art or scrap.
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:14   Link #3749
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
btw did it say anything about the new spirit actively seeking shido?
Did what? The official source? No word yet, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
nope. it appears whenever it wants. i think the phantom was a character included half way into the series around vol3. makes it easier to explain Kotori's case but obviously makes Tohka/Yoshino/Kurumi's origin hard to handle
Didn't Phantom first appear in volume 4?
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:19   Link #3750
Riki
ランダム王
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Did what? The official source? No word yet, I think.



Didn't Phantom first appear in volume 4?
the concept of "phantom".
__________________
Life is a blank sheet of paper. Each of your movements and actions will determine whether or not it becomes art or scrap.
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:23   Link #3751
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
the concept of "phantom".
Who brought it up in which chapter? Kurumi?

Or if it's the code name, it was first mentioned in volume 6 IIRC...
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:42   Link #3752
Riki
ランダム王
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Who brought it up in which chapter? Kurumi?

Or if it's the code name, it was first mentioned in volume 6 IIRC...
the codename was introduced on vol6. right now, we completely have no idea how Spirits is created. Kotori/Miku might be because of phantom but Tohka/Yoshino/Kurumu/Yamai doesn't have a back story to them. The story mainly focus on presents until a "2 volume arc" with only that character case explained.
__________________
Life is a blank sheet of paper. Each of your movements and actions will determine whether or not it becomes art or scrap.
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 02:14   Link #3753
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
the codename was introduced on vol6. right now, we completely have no idea how Spirits is created. Kotori/Miku might be because of phantom but Tohka/Yoshino/Kurumu/Yamai doesn't have a back story to them. The story mainly focus on presents until a "2 volume arc" with only that character case explained.
Obvious much.

Speaking of which, for some reason the Chinese Wikipedia updated Tohka to have her birthday fall on January 13.
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 02:16   Link #3754
Riki
ランダム王
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Obvious much.

Speaking of which, for some reason the Chinese Wikipedia updated Tohka to have her birthday fall on January 13.
You don't say~ now that is set as a fixed fact, lets stop the crazy speculations before someone else really thinks its a spoiler.

Any reason on why its on that date?
__________________
Life is a blank sheet of paper. Each of your movements and actions will determine whether or not it becomes art or scrap.
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 04:27   Link #3755
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
January 13? Finally! A(nother, if I don't know of anyone else previously) character with the same birthdate as me! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

... ehem.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 09:24   Link #3756
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
You don't say~ now that is set as a fixed fact, lets stop the crazy speculations before someone else really thinks its a spoiler.

Any reason on why its on that date?
huh why is her bday january?atleast the A3 clear file i got says something different
__________________
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 11:12   Link #3757
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
You don't say~ now that is set as a fixed fact, lets stop the crazy speculations before someone else really thinks its a spoiler.

Any reason on why its on that date?
Meh, we must do something other than twiddle our thumbs as we wait for volume 9, right?

I have no idea, it could be a troll's work for all I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
huh why is her bday january?atleast the A3 clear file i got says something different
20xx birth? Obviously that's the date Shido first meets her. Her actual birthday (if any) could very well be different.
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 11:15   Link #3758
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Meh, we must do something other than twiddle our thumbs as we wait for volume 9, right?

I have no idea, it could be a troll's work for all I know.



20xx birth? Obviously that's the date Shido first meets her. Her actual birthday (if any) could very well be different.
well yea but..lol how can you pinpoint a "spirits" bday
__________________
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 12:18   Link #3759
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Meh, we must do something other than twiddle our thumbs as we wait for volume 9, right?
You mean waiting for Volume 8?

I was expecting more speculation on Natsumi. Like, "analyzing" every possible guise she could take form in, and how to rat her out or something. Actually, that's what I've been expecting this week since her illustration was revealed.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 16:40   Link #3760
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
You mean waiting for Volume 8?

I was expecting more speculation on Natsumi. Like, "analyzing" every possible guise she could take form in, and how to rat her out or something. Actually, that's what I've been expecting this week since her illustration was revealed.
Maybe she has been disguised as Reine-san since Day 1. Having two Onee-sans aren't too common though. And Reine hasn't shown as much interest in Shido.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.