AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-21, 10:19   Link #5961
cloud04
Scanlator

the main was a 2 months ago..
spinoff was a month ago
Old 2014-01-21, 18:58   Link #5962
JonasDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Okay, first off, a question: Why the rush? Do you really want the series to end that quick? Let me remind you that an average Japanese light novel series has 10-15 volumes, a few have less or more, and one volume usually takes around 3-7 months to complete. It's called a light novel because it's for light reading.

So, going inside the story, I think it won't be over when Shidou seals all the spirits. You might think that sealing just one spirit is a piece of arithmetic that can be solved in, say, a volume or two, but with DEM introduced, it's gonna get a bit difficult. Besides, he can't just go in front of an alleged spirit and kiss her right there. He has to do things a galge requires him to, increase "affection points" before the sealing event.

The story does have the Kaballah as one of its lore, but that's just for the spirits. There's also medieval literature, Nordic mythology, and English sources, like Alice in Wonderland. This is for both the organizations' technology.

Origami isn't confirmed as a spirit yet. Just because she has 1 in her name doesn't mean she is a spirit. Volume 10's cover is gonna be Origami in the wizard suit, and the info above is Merdraut's info. Calling it now.

If you're gonna ask me if the series is nearing its conclusion, I'd say it is. After all, with over half of the spirits sealed, like in a game, the enemies are gonna pack a heavier punch. As for the big conclusion, I think it's gonna cover Kurumi's sealing, which may cover the next arc, if there is such a thing.

I thought we were over with this. Inverse isn't a separate entity. As Breimoon said, it's the other side of the coin. If a fan thinks that he can dual wield Sandalphon and Nehema, then you're out of your mind. It works like antimatter.

You're mistaken. That's No. 2. 6 is at the center, 2 is opposite No. 3.

6 is speculated to wield a hammer or a staff and electric powers. 6 is also specualted to be either Shidou or his mother.
Now I think about it you may be right, however you are wrong with something else, I do not want the series to end quick xD I am just trying to guess what will happen. As you said going back to the story, once shido seals all spirits the story will not finish yet, (well that might be the case since phantom did not show up, we still know nothing about shidos parents and who really killed origamis as well). What I think is that at least there will be two big enemies, 1st arc: Westcott and 2nd arc: Phantom (maybe, not sure yet). Now I understand what the people meant with the arcs xD, and yeah my last question, the first spirit who appeared 30 years ago is first sephirot or another one? Thank you for your supporting.
JonasDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 19:58   Link #5963
novalysis

Speculation: Origami is similar to Kotori - a Human forcibly turned into a Spirit, but sealed very differently from Kotori, perhaps by DEM methods.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 20:45   Link #5964
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown View Post
Now I think about it you may be right, however you are wrong with something else, I do not want the series to end quick xD I am just trying to guess what will happen. As you said going back to the story, once shido seals all spirits the story will not finish yet, (well that might be the case since phantom did not show up, we still know nothing about shidos parents and who really killed origamis as well). What I think is that at least there will be two big enemies, 1st arc: Westcott and 2nd arc: Phantom (maybe, not sure yet). Now I understand what the people meant with the arcs xD, and yeah my last question, the first spirit who appeared 30 years ago is first sephirot or another one? Thank you for your supporting.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the series is nearing its completion, but never fret, for if they are going to do something similar to Index, as they have New Testament, then it will surely be something.

It is implied that it is the first spirit. Now, I think it is impied that the spirit 30 years ago is the first spirit is because it's No. 1, and the humans name the spirits in the number of appearance. Which means Tohka is the latest one to appear. The rest have been appearing long before her.

And if you're gonna post, don't post something short and delete. This isn't a chatbox. And make sure it's got a lot of words in it, like you're doing now. Keep this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Speculation: Origami is similar to Kotori - a Human forcibly turned into a Spirit, but sealed very differently from Kotori, perhaps by DEM methods.
No, no, no, no. Don't go there. Are you thinking Origami is gonna be fed the sephira crystal DEM is currently holding?

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 20:50   Link #5965
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
No, no, no, no. Don't go there. Are you thinking Origami is gonna be fed the sephira crystal DEM is currently holding?
Stuff like this makes my skin crawl. Has it ever been revealed exactly what happens to a person when they become a spirit, besides getting awesome powers? For some reason in the back of my head I keep imaging Origami turning into something out of Akira.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 21:49   Link #5966
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
Stuff like this makes my skin crawl. Has it ever been revealed exactly what happens to a person when they become a spirit, besides getting awesome powers? For some reason in the back of my head I keep imaging Origami turning into something out of Akira.
There was Miku's account in volume 8. First chapter. Go ahead. Give it a read.

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
Old 2014-01-21, 21:59   Link #5967
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
There was Miku's account in volume 8. First chapter. Go ahead. Give it a read.
Huh. No wonder God is so mysterious, it has a mosaic censor over it! That part made me laugh harder than I should.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-01-21, 22:05   Link #5968
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
Huh. No wonder God is so mysterious, it has a mosaic censor over it! That part made me laugh harder than I should.
That's not God. It's Phantom. God's a more powerful entity, never mentioned here. Phantom is the one mostly responsible for the spirit phenomenon. It's speculated that Phantom is Shidou's mom or the 1st spirit, or Da'at.

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
Old 2014-01-21, 22:12   Link #5969
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
That's not God. It's Phantom. God's a more powerful entity, never mentioned here. Phantom is the one mostly responsible for the spirit phenomenon. It's speculated that Phantom is Shidou's mom or the 1st spirit, or Da'at.
I know about the speculation.

Baka-Tsuki's translation had [God] while Miku's talking, then a few lines down Kotori and Shidou use <Phantom>, so I guess Miku just assumed that it was the God.

Old 2014-01-21, 23:01   Link #5970
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Serious... It's darker this time...
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 23:07   Link #5971
Superbia

Quote:
While we know little about Shidou's parents, Shidou's foster parents are also curious. They disappear for over half a year working at "a large electronics company the two of them built", which probably will end up meaning Asgard Electronics, the group that's responsible for Ratatoskr. That could mean that they know more about Shidou's past and his circumstances and adopted him knowing about him, or it's a coincedence and they'll be in for a surprise when they get home and their son has a harem and another sister.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 03:22   Link #5972
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
While we know little about Shidou's parents, Shidou's foster parents are also curious. They disappear for over half a year working at "a large electronics company the two of them built", which probably will end up meaning Asgard Electronics, the group that's responsible for Ratatoskr. That could mean that they know more about Shidou's past and his circumstances and adopted him knowing about him, or it's a coincedence and they'll be in for a surprise when they get home and their son has a harem and another sister.
They will know. And they will break it to him gently if they were in charge of what you think they are in charge.

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
Old 2014-01-22, 07:14   Link #5973
farios

Found some scans for the new DAL game
Spoiler for scans:
Old 2014-01-22, 07:42   Link #5974
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
Spoiler for scans:
Lol....Miku VA blocked
Old 2014-01-22, 08:08   Link #5975
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Spoiler for scans:
So according to the text we'll be getting Teacher Tohka (how does this work?! ) and, as we suspected, Shy Origami.
Old 2014-01-22, 09:32   Link #5976
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So according to the text we'll be getting Teacher Tohka (how does this work?! ) and, as we suspected, Shy Origami.
I don't know which of those is more of an oxymoron.........
Old 2014-01-22, 10:09   Link #5977
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Spoiler for scans:
Looks bretty gud. They decided to not spoil the surprise regarding Miku's VA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

*30 second silence*

What the heck?! How is she gonna teach people?! By being an exhibitionist?!

And how about Shy origami? How does that even work?!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
Old 2014-01-22, 10:26   Link #5978
Ragna92

Quote:
Spoiler for scans:
Tohka really pulls that look off well.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 11:37   Link #5979
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Looks bretty gud. They decided to not spoil the surprise regarding Miku's VA.

*30 second silence*

What the heck?! How is she gonna teach people?! By being an exhibitionist?!

And how about Shy origami? How does that even work?!
Well, I guess you can imagine her (Tohka) like a black hair version of Tearju in TLR;D
Trung-t-rung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 11:46   Link #5980
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Well, I guess you can imagine her (Tohka) like a black hair version of Tearju in TLR;D
Omg i had the same image in my head
darkofficer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen, tragedy