AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-26, 03:56   Link #6021
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Speaking of Ellen, I wonder if she also has a reduced lifespan like Mana and Jessica to gain that much power?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 07:19   Link #6022
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonflair View Post
Maria's irises are circle rather than a golden line like the spirits. What surrounds it is maybe an analyzer. If you zoom in at her irises and stare at it long enough, you might find her more robotic than cute.
She's an AI. No surprise there. Just look at her design. It's technologically inclined. A question though: Why does she have that black headband with the cross, an archaic symbol of the church and the faith faction? Is it a connotation that she is somehow connected to the spirits, or is it just a design thing to make her look "holy"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Speaking of Ellen, I wonder if she also has a reduced lifespan like Mana and Jessica to gain that much power?
I think so. She has the signs of old age, and you can tell just by looking at her. Somehow, it seems that the process they underwent had accelerated growth.
__________________
WELCOME TO...THE MULTIVERSE!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 08:19   Link #6023
SineMora
Wait for it...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: In between time and space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
She's an AI. No surprise there. Just look at her design. It's technologically inclined. A question though: Why does she have that black headband with the cross, an archaic symbol of the church and the faith faction? Is it a connotation that she is somehow connected to the spirits, or is it just a design thing to make her look "holy"?
Heck, of all names why it had to be Maria? Ars is understandable but Maria... we have to get her route first...
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 09:40   Link #6024
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Heck, of all names why it had to be Maria? Ars is understandable but Maria... we have to get her route first...
It's a holy name. It's got a holy vibe ever since the name of that guy's mom was translated to Latin. Names have a powerful effect on people. When I knew that girl's name, and checked out her design, I instantly thought Haganai. You ever get that feeling?
__________________
WELCOME TO...THE MULTIVERSE!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 16:18   Link #6025
JonasDown
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Now the trailer has been released, I hope at least they give us the conversation that kurumi and phamton had by flashback, I do not like the idea they skipped that part, what do you guys think about it? Well, for me I think it will appear since the showed us shido holding sandalphon and dark tohka.
JonasDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 16:24   Link #6026
sorenman1
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
What's the proper name Inverse Tohka, Dark Tohka, i heard Black Tohka, once?
sorenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 16:32   Link #6027
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
inverse Tohka should be the propest one i think
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 16:34   Link #6028
Superbia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenman1 View Post
What's the proper name Inverse Tohka, Dark Tohka, i heard Black Tohka, once?
In the Ratataskr's Daily Observation, Shidou refered to her as Dark Tohka, so it should be that I guess, but it might differ depending on which character it is talking and translators.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 16:43   Link #6029
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown View Post
Now the trailer has been released, I hope at least they give us the conversation that kurumi and phamton had by flashback, I do not like the idea they skipped that part, what do you guys think about it? Well, for me I think it will appear since the showed us shido holding sandalphon and dark tohka.
I'm pissed about it. They better show it in season 2.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 02:46   Link #6030
Libros
I never hid my hurts.
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where the wild things are--Hell.
Hey guys I want to ask a few questions, I'll try and phrase them in the most respectful way possible. If I offend anyone please know, that was not my intention.

Onto my question: Why are only the first and last chapters of volume 7 done when all of volume 8 is complete and volume 9 is being worked on? Allow me to explain why I ask this. I am asking why because I'd like to know if there is anything in particular that makes volume 7 not a fun/good/unnecessary read.

For example: is there some really bad scene in volume 7 that makes the translator(s) unwilling to work on it? Is it badly written compared to the other ones? Or are volumes 8 and 9 just more enjoyable to read? Lastly is it ok to just read the first and last chapters and move onto volumes 8 and 9?
__________________
"Let the flesh instruct the mind" - Claudia, Sister Death, Interview with a vampire by Anne rice
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 02:56   Link #6031
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Hey guys I want to ask a few questions, I'll try and phrase them in the most respectful way possible. If I offend anyone please know, that was not my intention.

Onto my question: Why are only the first and last chapters of volume 7 done when all of volume 8 is complete and volume 9 is being worked on? Allow me to explain why I ask this. I am asking why because I'd like to know if there is anything in particular that makes volume 7 not a fun/good/unnecessary read.

For example: is there some really bad scene in volume 7 that makes the translator(s) unwilling to work on it? Is it badly written compared to the other ones? Or are volumes 8 and 9 just more enjoyable to read? Lastly is it ok to just read the first and last chapters and move onto volumes 8 and 9?
Almost everybody here knows why Volume 7 isn't translated yet, and the reasons are relatively easy. It has nothing to do with it being an unnecessary read, it's more of a translator problem. The guy who's working on it may be working on something different, or he just got lazy because there's already a summary. If you can't wait for Volume 7, you can either wait for the second season, or go to the blog where the summary is posted. Oh, and give Volumes 8 and 9 a read too if you're interested.
__________________
WELCOME TO...THE MULTIVERSE!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 03:34   Link #6032
Libros
I never hid my hurts.
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where the wild things are--Hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Almost everybody here knows why Volume 7 isn't translated yet, and the reasons are relatively easy. It has nothing to do with it being an unnecessary read, it's more of a translator problem. The guy who's working on it may be working on something different, or he just got lazy because there's already a summary. If you can't wait for Volume 7, you can either wait for the second season, or go to the blog where the summary is posted. Oh, and give Volumes 8 and 9 a read too if you're interested.
OIC! I am interested in Natsumi but I'm worried if any of the conversations/flashbacks in volume 8 won't make sense. Since I haven't read any of the vol 7 summaries or anything. So is that not an issue?
__________________
"Let the flesh instruct the mind" - Claudia, Sister Death, Interview with a vampire by Anne rice
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 04:21   Link #6033
Riki
ランダム王
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Almost everybody here knows why Volume 7 isn't translated yet, and the reasons are relatively easy. It has nothing to do with it being an unnecessary read, it's more of a translator problem. The guy who's working on it may be working on something different, or he just got lazy because there's already a summary. If you can't wait for Volume 7, you can either wait for the second season, or go to the blog where the summary is posted. Oh, and give Volumes 8 and 9 a read too if you're interested.
Well sorry for being a lazy ass, How about you save everyone by translating the rest of DAL 7.
__________________
Life is a blank sheet of paper. Each of your movements and actions will determine whether or not it becomes art or scrap.
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 06:54   Link #6034
SineMora
Wait for it...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: In between time and space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
It's a holy name. It's got a holy vibe ever since the name of that guy's mom was translated to Latin. Names have a powerful effect on people. When I knew that girl's name, and checked out her design, I instantly thought Haganai. You ever get that feeling?
I got the feeling, but it makes me wonder why...
Did they programmed her that way (as in Ars Maria, but didn't expect that she'll turn into a real spirit)? Or she made it herself cause Ratatoskr only planned Ars... not Maria?
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 07:23   Link #6035
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
OIC! I am interested in Natsumi but I'm worried if any of the conversations/flashbacks in volume 8 won't make sense. Since I haven't read any of the vol 7 summaries or anything. So is that not an issue?
There aren't any flashbacks in those volumes, so it's okay to skip them. All you have to know is Miku got sealed, and you're good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
Well sorry for being a lazy ass, How about you save everyone by translating the rest of DAL 7.
Look, I would love to do that, but sadly, I am not proficient in the Japanese language. As much as I would love to help you all, I can't due to disability. Oh, and also because of laziness. Sorry. But don't lose hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
I got the feeling, but it makes me wonder why...
Did they programmed her that way (as in Ars Maria, but didn't expect that she'll turn into a real spirit)? Or she made it herself cause Ratatoskr only planned Ars... not Maria?
Okay, that's an interesting question. Looking at the nature of AI as learning objects, I think that those hypotheses are possible. She may have gotten accustomed to that persona that she may see herself as more human. It's a good hurdle for AIs that act human, like that one AI from a light novel you all know. Well, we will never know until the game gets released.
__________________
WELCOME TO...THE MULTIVERSE!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 09:33   Link #6036
crimsonflair
Support Class
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Almost everybody here knows why Volume 7 isn't translated yet, and the reasons are relatively easy. It has nothing to do with it being an unnecessary read, it's more of a translator problem. The guy who's working on it may be working on something different, or he just got lazy because there's already a summary. If you can't wait for Volume 7, you can either wait for the second season, or go to the blog where the summary is posted. Oh, and give Volumes 8 and 9 a read too if you're interested.
The translator for volume 7 says he'll be posting the translation for chapter around the 30th, but I believe that's only an estimation. He is still active.
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 14:15   Link #6037
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown View Post
Now the trailer has been released, I hope at least they give us the conversation that kurumi and phamton had by flashback, I do not like the idea they skipped that part, what do you guys think about it? Well, for me I think it will appear since the showed us shido holding sandalphon and dark tohka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
I'm pissed about it. They better show it in season 2.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if season 2 started with an anime-original introductory episode to get newcomers familiar with the series. If they do, they'll probably have the bit with Kurumi and Phantom at the end of the episode.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 14:17   Link #6038
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all if season 2 started with an anime-original introductory episode to get newcomers familiar with the series. If they do, they'll probably have the bit with Kurumi and Phantom at the end of the episode.
hmm that would be somewhat nice to see..seeing as s1 didnt do that part
__________________
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 17:13   Link #6039
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all if season 2 started with an anime-original introductory episode to get newcomers familiar with the series. If they do, they'll probably have the bit with Kurumi and Phantom at the end of the episode.
Maybe they will also include other scenes from vol 1-4 that were cut off.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 17:21   Link #6040
crimsonflair
Support Class
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Maybe they will also include other scenes from vol 1-4 that were cut off.
Does anyone have a full list on the scenes they axed?
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.